Magic band upgrade FRUSTRATING

Magic bands creep me out. I remember one vacation, where Disney sent pics of me on the Mine Train. The only way they knew that was the magic band.

I guess if they’re pretty, the creepy side is reduced a little. So I get the OPs frustration.

Magic bands creep me out. I remember one vacation, where Disney sent pics of me on the Mine Train. The only way they knew that was the magic band.

I guess if they’re pretty, the creepy side is reduced a little. So I get the OPs frustration.

I've told the story before of Small World telling me goodbye at the end of the ride 🤣

Did anyone else have all the character/limited release, etc. options disappear today? I've had about 30 options displaying for most of last week. But, of course, still not the three we hope to get. The three times I've checked today it's only been the coloured bands available. We're still exactly three weeks from the trip. It says we have until Dec. 2 to pick our bands (for resort, check in counter pick up). I'd been waiting on the hope that maybe some Christmas or the 2019 one would pop up. But does at some point just default to only color options? Or is there some sort of additional quirk going on with the system today?

Technical issues they are saying for the magic bands not showing up on the website. I wonder why that is? Any guesses?

Same here. Only have been seeing plain magic bands for the past 24 hrs.
Did anyone else have all the character/limited release, etc. options disappear today? I've had about 30 options displaying for most of last week. But, of course, still not the three we hope to get. The three times I've checked today it's only been the coloured bands available. We're still exactly three weeks from the trip. It says we have until Dec. 2 to pick our bands (for resort, check in counter pick up). I'd been waiting on the hope that maybe some Christmas or the 2019 one would pop up. But does at some point just default to only color options? Or is there some sort of additional quirk going on with the system today?
Same here - just plain since sometime yesterday

The upgraded bands are back but I tried several different ones and they are all out of stock.

The upgraded bands are back but I tried several different ones and they are all out of stock.
I had trouble in Chrome Incognito (could select but then received out of stock message when attempted to pay). I then attempted in Microsoft Edge InPrivate and got it to go through. I might have just gotten lucky with the timing - not sure it was related to the browser switch.

I ended up having to call back yesterday. It was super frustrating, I got transferred 3 times and given 2 different phone numbers that I was told I would have to hang up and call back. The wait times were really long so I kept hanging up and trying again later. It took a while but I finally got through. I then spent 40 minutes on the phone with a great CM who tried all sorts of things and checked with senior people as to possibilities. In the end I still did not get my bands because the ones I wanted were gone. I've still got one day left to order so I'll try a couple of more times but basically I'm over this. I did ask the CM if there was some way that I could just select and purchase them once I arrived at WDW (I was hoping he would offer me a gift card) but he said no. He did give me two FP for my troubles. One of which we can use but the other one we probably can't....when he offered them I thought they were going to be anytime use but he booked attractions.

We got our bands today but one of the four was personalized with the wrong name. It took one hour and 40 minutes on the phone and multiple people for them to tell me they could not re-personalize the same style band and they could only ship it to the resort. Amazing.

I’ve been watching since July and have not ever been able to get availability for more than 2 of the 4 bands I need at any one time, so I just decided that if I ever got a time where I could live with what I could finally get for 3 of the 4, I’d just do that. It took from July til last week for that to happen. I think since you’re forced to get all bands at once, very few people are going to get all they want. And it s*cks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter