Magic Band Release

We found that the bands offered change daily. Seriously. When we were ordering ours for our trip this year, my husband wanted the Haunted Mansion band but the one I wanted wasn't available. The next day I went back on and at that time the one I wanted was available but now his wasn't. I waited about a week and tried again and both were available.

I'm hoping to snag a 50th anniversary band for my husband whenever they come out. Been watching & waiting... I guess we still have a while before the 50th stuff makes an appearance.
Well I guess watching is probably the wrong word, maybe looking every once in a while is a better description :lmao:

We found that the bands offered change daily. Seriously. When we were ordering ours for our trip this year, my husband wanted the Haunted Mansion band but the one I wanted wasn't available. The next day I went back on and at that time the one I wanted was available but now his wasn't. I waited about a week and tried again and both were available.
Do you have to get them all at once? Could he have just ordered his when it was available? And you order yours later? Just asking, as I like one of the ones currently available but my SO wants to wait and see what other options might come.

Do you have to get them all at once? Could he have just ordered his when it was available? And you order yours later? Just asking, as I like one of the ones currently available but my SO wants to wait and see what other options might come.

All or nothing, I believe

All or nothing, I believe

If you have more than one resort reservation, you can order yours and decline his on one reservation and do the reverse on the other one.

Since we had only 1 trip/resort booked I had to do them all at the same time. I could have declined mine and purchased in the park but I found another that I liked just as much as the original.

I'm hoping to snag a 50th anniversary band for my husband whenever they come out. Been watching & waiting... I guess we still have a while before the 50th stuff makes an appearance.
Well I guess watching is probably the wrong word, maybe looking every once in a while is a better description :lmao:
This is exactly what I am doing! We have a few months to go so I am still hoping they release a 50th Anniversary Magic Band that resort guests can purchase on MDE.

I don't understand why it's hard to find options online (I feel like the 30 haven't changed lately and I'm not really satisfied). It sounds like you can find a few in-person - so I might wait. I just wish it was easier to buy them online

I’ve been watching and waiting as well. There are three of us and I haven’t yet found three that we would each like. I find two, but not a third. If it gets too close (we go mid-October), I’ll just settle for one or get a plain color. I have one from two years ago I still like and I can use my AppleWatch.

I’ve been watching and waiting as well. There are three of us and I haven’t yet found three that we would each like. I find two, but not a third. If it gets too close (we go mid-October), I’ll just settle for one or get a plain color. I have one from two years ago I still like and I can use my AppleWatch.
Something I just noticed is that there were slightly different options for me and my kids (don't know if that's applicable for you). The kids ones didn't come up in my group but they did when I went to look at potential bands for our Jan trip. Weirdly, I believe the same number was available for both me/the kids (32). I could have make a mistake there though.

I don't know if someone can answer this here for me - I try so hard not to make new posts about things that have already been addressed === I see bits of helpful stuff but I am a little confused.

I had purchased a Dooney and Bourke Magic Band 2 years ago == when I went this past year I noticed my videos werent dropping in ( i had purchased memory maker) I was told that the battery or something might need changing out and they suggested that I purchase one and just switch out the Brains if you will ... and keep the band if I wanted to... but now I am wondering if I want to do that or just purchase a different one all together. Does anyone know if they sell magic bands in downtown Disney --- I might just wait to decide if I switch out the brains or purchase a whole different style all together and not worry with doing surgery on my current band. Thanks in advance for tips

I don't know if someone can answer this here for me - I try so hard not to make new posts about things that have already been addressed === I see bits of helpful stuff but I am a little confused.

I had purchased a Dooney and Bourke Magic Band 2 years ago == when I went this past year I noticed my videos werent dropping in ( i had purchased memory maker) I was told that the battery or something might need changing out and they suggested that I purchase one and just switch out the Brains if you will ... and keep the band if I wanted to... but now I am wondering if I want to do that or just purchase a different one all together. Does anyone know if they sell magic bands in downtown Disney --- I might just wait to decide if I switch out the brains or purchase a whole different style all together and not worry with doing surgery on my current band. Thanks in advance for tips
Yes, they sell MBs in Disney Springs (at WDW) and in Downtown Disney (at DL). However, it's really not difficult to remove the puck from your old band and insert a puck from a new band with a newer battery.

Yes, they sell MBs in Disney Springs (at WDW) and in Downtown Disney (at DL). However, it's really not difficult to remove the puck from your old band and insert a puck from a new band with a newer battery.

Thank you. I know I'm going to sound like the village idiot. ... but, the puck you speak of - are we able to purchase just one of those? Or is it like you purchase an inexpensive MB and take it out of one and put it in the other?

Thank you. I know I'm going to sound like the village idiot. ... but, the puck you speak of - are we able to purchase just one of those? Or is it like you purchase an inexpensive MB and take it out of one and put it in the other?
The second - buy an inexpensive MB and switch the puck. You will need a tiny screwdriver (like the ones in eyeglass frame repair kits) but otherwise it's not difficult. We do it regularly, every time we get a new MB - my DH has a Magic Keeper on a lanyard, and I have a watch band slider, although now I use my Apple Watch instead of a MB. It makes it easy to keep wearing a favorite (expensive) special band while making sure the long-distance photo captures still work.

The second - buy an inexpensive MB and switch the puck. You will need a tiny screwdriver (like the ones in eyeglass frame repair kits) but otherwise it's not difficult. We do it regularly, every time we get a new MB - my DH has a Magic Keeper on a lanyard, and I have a watch band slider, although now I use my Apple Watch instead of a MB. It makes it easy to keep wearing a favorite (expensive) special band while making sure the long-distance photo captures still work.

Perfect! I've got it now - I really appreciate you giving me such great help.

Question, my wife has one of the Dooney & Bourke bands that is now almost 3 years old. It's never been used. Should we still look at replacing the battery?

Question, my wife has one of the Dooney & Bourke bands that is now almost 3 years old. It's never been used. Should we still look at replacing the battery?
Supposedly, the batteries that power the long-distance photo connecting function will work for at least 3 years. OTOH, it's so easy to buy an inexpensive MB and change out the pucks that we would probably do that just to be sure that we wouldn't miss any photos (although the PhotoPass folks are very good about finding them!).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter