Magic Band Release

Got mine too! I've been checking everyday for forever! I like it but I'm surprised by the character choices - no princess, no mickey?? I do love Dumbo!:love:
I imagine they will have different versions. This one is already different from the one I’ve seen released. I just jumped on this because I thought it was cute and the characters included are fun.

I imagine they will have different versions. This one is already different from the one I’ve seen released. I just jumped on this because I thought it was cute and the characters included are fun.
Good point!

The one I got was for my passholder account. But I have two upcoming stays so if another version appears, I'd be happy to get another.

Sometimes I feel like I can't find enough ways to give Disney more money! :rolleyes:

How far out from your stay can you order a Magic Band?
I think as soon as the reservation is linked in your MDE, the option to purchase Magic Bands is available. I have a visit scheduled for next March and can order now, if I want.

From the website
"MagicBands are offered for sale up to 10 days prior to arrival to Guests residing in the United States and Canada in English only."

I think as soon as the reservation is linked in your MDE, the option to purchase Magic Bands is available. I have a visit scheduled for next March and can order now, if I want.

From the website
"MagicBands are offered for sale up to 10 days prior to arrival to Guests residing in the United States and Canada in English only."

We are booked at Shades of Green in April and I linked our resort reservation to MDE today. I am not seeing any options to do the pre-arrival purchase. Maybe SOG resort guests are not able to do the magic band selection online.

We are booked at Shades of Green in April and I linked our resort reservation to MDE today. I am not seeing any options to do the pre-arrival purchase. Maybe SOG resort guests are not able to do the magic band selection online.
On your computer, go to the My Disney Experience dropdown menu. Click on 'my magic bands and cards'. Have you ordered MBs before when staying at SOG?

On your computer, go to the My Disney Experience dropdown menu. Click on 'my magic bands and cards'. Have you ordered MBs before when staying at SOG?

It shows all of the MB's we have had over the years from previous trips with options to "deactivate" or "Report Lost" for each but no option to buy or add any new MB's. There is a button and that bottom that reads "Link" at the bottom for purchased magic bands from the parks in person.

We have never successfully stayed at SOG. All previous trips there have had to be cancelled. Last time I had to cancel pretty far in advance so never attempted to add MB's or anything...

It shows all of the MB's we have had over the years from previous trips with options to "deactivate" or "Report Lost" for each but no option to buy or add any new MB's. There is a button and that bottom that reads "Link" at the bottom for purchased magic bands from the parks in person.

We have never successfully stayed at SOG. All previous trips there have had to be cancelled. Last time I had to cancel pretty far in advance so never attempted to add MB's or anything...
ok because it it's technically not a Disney hotel. Didn't realize that. It stinks!

Found this: Does Shades of Green Participate In Disney World's Magic Band Program? • Military Disney Tips Blog
No, Shades of Green is not a Disney owned resort, rather it is a DoD facility.

What does this mean for you?

Unlike Disney Resort Guests, Shades Guests are not given the opportunity to purchase discounted Magic Bands as part of their reservation. Those who desire to use them on their trip will need to purchase them ahead from the Disney Store online of once they arrive on vacation.

Found this: Does Shades of Green Participate In Disney World's Magic Band Program? • Military Disney Tips Blog
No, Shades of Green is not a Disney owned resort, rather it is a DoD facility.

What does this mean for you?

Unlike Disney Resort Guests, Shades Guests are not given the opportunity to purchase discounted Magic Bands as part of their reservation. Those who desire to use them on their trip will need to purchase them ahead from the Disney Store online of once they arrive on vacation.

Thanks, no big deal. It's hard keeping track of which features/benefits apply to SOG resort guests and which do not.

We are just happy to be able to stay there finally. Thank you all that answered.

I was waiting for 50th pre-arrival but I’m not sure I like it. The character choices are odd for the 50th!

Last edited:
I've been watching the selection for months, and while I like the silver sparkle one. None of the rest rose above *meh* for DH and DD. I know we can get skins on etsy, but I was hoping for a cute Disney one to make it one-step. Oh, well, the skins are awesome.

FYI, I was able to get one earlier today, and looking now (we have a split stay), it doesn’t show as an option.

FYI, I was able to get one earlier today, and looking now (we have a split stay), it doesn’t show as an option.

i was able to as well, I had to order it for my April trip since our MBs have already been picked for our trip in a couple weeks. If it is no longer an option it’s because it’s sold out. Hopefully it will reappear throughout the next couple of months.

Went to check today and it's gone :(
Don’t give up and keep checking. When I looked early in the day they weren’t there… showed up about midday. I’m betting they didn’t release them all and more will just appear.

Persistence and patience will win! And be sure to keep checking the disboards since folks here are always first to know:teeth:

I saw it yesterday and waited til evening for my hubby to pick his and then it was gone. Very sad!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter