Magic Band Release

FWIW, they haven't changed at all for the past 3 weeks. I've been watching often as I'm not super happy with the choices so far.

I just looked, and there were none of the $10 ones... Are they just currently sold out, or have they done away with those options??

I just looked, and there were none of the $10 ones... Are they just currently sold out, or have they done away with those options??

Sure there are. There are 9 solid colors available, for $10. These are the current solids:

Last edited:
Wow I didn't see those at all! I saw black, white & gray ones but even they were like $29 or something. They were very sleek looking lol

You must have seen the sparkle ones. They are $15 with a resort stay, regular price $29.99.

I'm not sure why you didn't see the solid color ones. They are 9 of the 34 current choices.

If you or someone else in the group has a newer band to pick up the pictures, she is fine using her old band. It will still work at tap points such as for ticket/park entry, open resort room doors, etc. it’s just the longer distance things it may not work on. So if your band is newer you should be fine for pictures since you’ll be together.

I've been disappointed at the lack of options and updates of MBs on MDE - if you want my $ (because they're no longer free) then you need to lure me in with MBs we want... I must be too picky because Disney doesn't usually stick with something that's not working and they are sticking with not enough options for paid MBs on MDE - it must be working for someone 🤷‍♀️

I've been disappointed at the lack of options and updates of MBs on MDE - if you want my $ (because they're no longer free) then you need to lure me in with MBs we want... I must be too picky because Disney doesn't usually stick with something that's not working and they are sticking with not enough options for paid MBs on MDE - it must be working for someone 🤷‍♀️

Agreed. There are some cool ones now on Shop Disney (Indiana Jones, Captain America, Fox & Hound, The Child, etc) why are those not options on MDE?

I could not agree more about the lack of options!! I was stalking them for weeks and pretty much the few good ones went away and basically nothing new came. That being said, I am part of the problem. I ultimately broke down and bought ones I was meh about. I should have just used old ones but I got nervous about the pics not showing up if I did.

You must have seen the sparkle ones. They are $15 with a resort stay, regular price $29.99.

View attachment 592988

I'm not sure why you didn't see the solid color ones. They are 9 of the 34 current choices.

I didn't see those either lol but I totally want that one! I also don't have a reservation yet. Is that why I didn't see them??

I didn't see those either lol but I totally want that one! I also don't have a reservation yet. Is that why I didn't see them??

Yes. You cannot access that feature until you have a resort stay booked and linked.

It's a completely different selection than that on ShopDisney.

What happens these days in the paid MagicBand times when you take no action on MDE for your magic bands? When they were free previously I think they just sent you grey ones? I'm assuming now they just dont send you any?

What happens these days in the paid MagicBand times when you take no action on MDE for your magic bands? When they were free previously I think they just sent you grey ones? I'm assuming now they just dont send you any?

That's correct, although a few people have reported receiving a random shipment of grey ones when they do that. I wouldn't count on it, though!

Just a bump that a few were added today (I check every day lately). My options had gotten down to 22-23, I think - and now it's 34. New ones include a Grumpy, Haunted Mansion, a navy blue one, a new Darth Vader one and some others.

Looking for a good xwing magicband. anyone seen one? ive only seen skin decals for the silhouette.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter