M&Ms PJ~April 10, 2008~YCG/Italy Plaza*Photographer Photos are up!*

:)
lurkyloo-I was lucky M&M126 PM it too me! WOW she will look amazing!

Belle- You're too nice...thank you :)

Lurkyloo-I'll PM you the link. My DF would probably never look on the wedding dresses thread....he doesnt have the patience to go through all those pages!! :rotfl: But I'll stay on the safe side!

I'm not sure if Isola changed too. My contract calls the whole area "Italy Plaza" and then my DP area is "Italy Isola West Plaza". So I guess they kept the name "Italy Isola". Disney just likes to keep everyone on their toes with changes! :rotfl:

Your wedding sounds beautiful--I wanted to do Italy courtyard as well, but was turned off by the times.

I am having my wedding April 1st, 2008 at Sea Breeze Point and then the pre-reception/reception dinner/fireworks at French Island, Epcot. However, I was told by my WC, Kristi, that we could not have ANY amplified sound at all, only violin or flute etc. She suggested going to Pleasure Island for dancing afterwards.

My question to you is: Have you actually been told that you CAN have music etc. after the park closes? If so, this may be good for me too :P.

Good luck with all of your planning--and your dresses are gorgeous!

Your wedding sounds beautiful--I wanted to do Italy courtyard as well, but was turned off by the times.

I am having my wedding April 1st, 2008 at Sea Breeze Point and then the pre-reception/reception dinner/fireworks at French Island, Epcot. However, I was told by my WC, Kristi, that we could not have ANY amplified sound at all, only violin or flute etc. She suggested going to Pleasure Island for dancing afterwards.

My question to you is: Have you actually been told that you CAN have music etc. after the park closes? If so, this may be good for me too :P.

Good luck with all of your planning--and your dresses are gorgeous!

Wow your wedding is so close to mine! Thats fun :) I have been told that we can have a DJ after the park closes. I have no idea what we'll do about music during the reception. I know there is music in Italy, as with all the countries, and it sounds nice. My only issue now is that I'm not sure I even want to do a DJ. If he cant start until 10pm then theres little point since we'll be done by 11pm or so. We are not big dancers so I'm not that concerned about it. Although I could see where it would be an issue. Anyways to make a long story short :)... I'm pretty sure you can have music after the park closes. I should be talking with my wedding planner soon so I'll let you know if I hear differently. Good luck with your planning!!

I love your colors Marcy! They are absolutely perfect for April! I wish I had decided to do something pretty and girly now, but Matt would KILL me if I thought about changing my idea on something again!

I love your colors Marcy! They are absolutely perfect for April! I wish I had decided to do something pretty and girly now, but Matt would KILL me if I thought about changing my idea on something again!

Hahaha. You're wedding will be beautiful though! Thanks for the comments :) Good to see you back on the boards!

hey there, just got caught up with your planning. I missed the pic of your dress :(
I LOVE your colors and you neice is ADORABLE:cutie:

hey there, just got caught up with your planning. I missed the pic of your dress :(
I LOVE your colors and you neice is ADORABLE:cutie:

Hey thanks for reading and the compliments! :) We were actually just listening to music for the ceremony. These decisions are hard!;)

Marcy, your dress is lovely! My dress is from the same designer as well. It's also from the same season style#1827.

keep us posted on your plans!;)

Thank you Abbypan! I love your dress too! I actually liked a lot from that designer :)

If u don't mind, what is the minimum F&B? Also what time are u out there?

The minimum is $100/person but in all honesty we'll spend way more than that. It's super easy to hit the minimum. We'll be in the West Wing part from 6-7pm and then in the courtyard from 7pm-11pm (possibly later). Oh and we'll also be back in the West Wing for the dessert party between 8:30 and 9:30 but our bar will still be open in the courtyard so guests can go back and forth.

So there is not a total minimum? Were planning a reception at the Bistro, but a dinner minimum is $10,000. And honestly, that's too much, so we're planning a brunch with a $5,000 minimum (not including cakes). I hope that in August when we call DFTW they'l give us the option. That would be a perfect location. Thank you

So there is not a total minimum? Were planning a reception at the Bistro, but a dinner minimum is $10,000. And honestly, that's too much, so we're planning a brunch with a $5,000 minimum (not including cakes). I hope that in August when we call DFTW they'l give us the option. That would be a perfect location. Thank you

Oh ok I think I misunderstood the question. The per person minimums are $100/person like I said (after 2pm). However, we do still have an overall minimum of $10,000. So the venue, flowers, entertainment, all of that will add up to the $10,000 minimum. And if you get married on Fri or Sun the min is $15,000 and on Sat it's $20,000 or sometimes more during peak times of the year.

no the $10000 minimum is just f&b. Certain sites have certain minimums. I that it that u do not.

no the $10000 minimum is just f&b. Certain sites have certain minimums. I that it that u do not.

Hmm well thats not how my contract read so maybe it is different for different places. I did see that places like the Bistro(and I think the other restaurants) have a specific total F&B minimum but as far as I know, Italy Courtyard does not. You just have to meet the overall expenditure plus the per person F&B.

I was recently assigned a wedding planner, Carol Mikles. She actually planned my sister's DFTW about 7 years ago so it's a small world ;) I have booked my officiant. I am using Rev Tim Herring who my sister also used for her wedding. Our planning session is set for Sept 14th at 9am and I CANNOT wait!! :)

I'm planning on ordering all of the BM dresses this month. We have decided on most of our music for the ceremony but we have no idea about the cake! We got the Disney CD but I dont really like most of them. They are all too busy for my tastes. Hopefully I can work with the bakery to create a cake that I love.

Let's see, I think that's it. I'm still trying to figure out invitations and favors. I'm having trouble deciding what I want :) I'll post more soon!

I was recently assigned a wedding planner, Carol Mikles. She actually planned my sister's DFTW about 7 years ago so it's a small world ;) I have booked my officiant. I am using Rev Tim Herring who my sister also used for her wedding. Our planning session is set for Sept 14th at 9am and I CANNOT wait!! :)

I'm planning on ordering all of the BM dresses this month. We have decided on most of our music for the ceremony but we have no idea about the cake! We got the Disney CD but I dont really like most of them. They are all too busy for my tastes. Hopefully I can work with the bakery to create a cake that I love.

Let's see, I think that's it. I'm still trying to figure out invitations and favors. I'm having trouble deciding what I want :) I'll post more soon!

Yaye! What a coincidence?! That's great that you will have Carol also, gotta love her, right?

I am going to be in Orlando for my dftw on the 16th - I'll just miss you! (although you live there, right?)

I know what you mean about the cake. I looked for a simple cake with the seashell theme online and I sent Carol the picture. She ok'd it with the bakery and it ended up being cheaper that I thought it would be.

Keep us posted;)

Yaye! What a coincidence?! That's great that you will have Carol also, gotta love her, right?

I am going to be in Orlando for my dftw on the 16th - I'll just miss you! (although you live there, right?)

I know what you mean about the cake. I looked for a simple cake with the seashell theme online and I sent Carol the picture. She ok'd it with the bakery and it ended up being cheaper that I thought it would be.

Keep us posted;)

Oh thats great to hear about the cake! I was hoping they could work off a picture. I want something simple too.

Yes I do live in Orlando so I'm always around. Whenever I see that someones wedding date is coming up, I always want to stop by the parks/ resorts to see the wedding or DP or whatever. Haha. I just like seeing all the beautiful events :)

Carol is awesome! I'm so glad she is my planner :)

It's so exciting that your wedding is so soon!!! Yeay for you :)

Yay, Another April Wedding... I am April 5th. I will actually be at the World for your wedding. If we see any people in wedding gear, I will think of you. That is so cool. The pics are so pretty. I am excited I have never been to WDW and love hearing from your experiences. I hope your planning session goes well. O... that fact that you have the same planner as your sister is to cute! (Hehehe, you have something to compare to so they will know that everything needs to be perfect...:rotfl: :rotfl: )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter