M&Ms PJ~April 10, 2008~YCG/Italy Plaza*Photographer Photos are up!*

M&M126

<font color=deeppink>A wish is a powerful thing, e
Well it's about time to start my planning journal! Mert (DF) and I (Marcy) ...hence the M&M :)...met less than a year ago. Our whole story is on Page 2 of the "How did you and DF meet" thread. Also, I posted my ring and that is on Page 22 of the rings thread.

Our wedding is April 10, 2008 at the Yacht Club Gazebo. Then the pre-reception is in EPCOT at the Italy West Wing followed by a reception in the Italy Courtyard. We'll have dinner there and then at 8:30pm we'll all go back out to the West Wing for a dessert party and Illuminations. After that we'll return to the Courtyard for cake and dancing. I have some pictures of both locations but they are on my home computer. I will try to post them soon.

Mert and I will be staying at the Yacht Club the 2 nights before the wedding and then moving to the Grand Floridian for the wedding night and following two nights. After that we'll go on a honeymoon, but we're not sure where yet. We live in Orlando and I work for Disney so honeymooning here isnt my thing ;) We'll probably end up in the Keys.

I have chosen BM dresses. I am having 6 girls! Yes it's a lot but there are a lot of sisters. My sister will be my Matron of Honor then I have another sister who will be a bridesmaid. Mert has two sisters who will also be BMs and then I have two best friends I'm including. My oldest niece will be our Jr BM and my other niece will be the Flowergirl.
Here are the links to the dresses for all the girls....
BM
http://www.watters.com/product.php?coll=wtoo&showid=646
Jr BM
http://www.watters.com/product.php?coll=wawa&showid=374
Flowergirl
http://www.watters.com/product.php?coll=wawa&showid=497

Our colors will be fuchsia and orange...This is my inspiration piece...
WeddingInspirationFlowers.jpg

Here are some ideas I like for centerpieces. If I "stole" these from any of you on the boards, then THANK YOU! You all have great ideas :)
Centerpieceidea4.jpg

Centerpieceidea3.jpg

Centerpieceidea2.jpg

I also know we will be doing Welcome Bags. Again you all have some great ideas that I have to work with! And my sister and I are working on favor ideas. Right now we are thinking about getting the customized M&Ms in our wedding colors and putting those in a cute box with ribbon.

Oh I booked Ana with Beaute Speciale and I'm thinking about going with Rev Jack Day or Rev Tim Herring for the officiant.

I think thats about it for now. I dont have my wedding planner yet but hopefully I will soon! I'll post more info as I get it!

Congrats :) I love the colors you choose...sometimes I wish I had a spring wedding so I could do more vibrant colors. Looking forward to reading more of your planning journal!

I love your dresses, I am doing pink as well. I will be getting married a month before you:) so I am sure you and I will be helping each other out a lot:)

Yes definitely! :) I feel like it's so far away but next March and April will get here fast!

Pinks the best color :)

Congrats! I love your gown!!! The fuschia and orange will be really pretty too. My favorite centerpiece idea is the 3rd picture! Have fun planning :goodvibes

Love the dress! I wish I had the figure to pull it off! I love your colors as well - so bright and cheery!!!

Thank for all the compliments girls!! :) I just put the deposit on my gown yesterday. I cannot wait for it to come in. I'll post pics of me in it once it comes in!

I also want you show you the ribbon with my colors that I intend on incorporating in the wedding so I'll take a pic of that soon too!

Now it's off to EPCOT for the day.... :)

I love your dress! I actually debated between ordering that dress and the one I ended up ordering for quite awhile. I am sure you will look beautiful in it :) It looks like we have similar tastes... I'm glad someone was able to find some of my flower pictures helpful :goodvibes. I can't wait to hear more about your plans, thanks for sharing them with us! :thumbsup2

Ooooh I love your dress!! That is such a gorgeous style! Your floral ideas are great!

We used Rev. Jack Day and we loved him! He was great and really comforting on the day of! He also helped us with the ceremony and was able to suggest great ideas :)

Can't wait to read more!

Love reading your planning journal so far. I have a question about amount of people and timing. We were planning a morning ceremony in Italy, a brunch in ADH or Ariels, a break and then a IllumiNations Desert Party. We just love Epcot and Italy is so beautiful. My first question is how many people are you having at the Yacht Club Gazebo? We are probably looking at between 40 and 50 people. Can this location handle this many people. I would stick with the ceremony in Italy but it has to be so early after reading your plans maybe we could do the reception in Italy so things do not have to start so early in the day. What are the times for the Gazebo ceremony?

Also, I thought you had to wait until the park closed to do anything in Epcot, but it sounds like you are having your reception while the park is still open. What time is your pre-reception and reception starting? Also, what is the minimum and maxium for this location? Just though of one more thing, I know if you do an IllumiNations desert party you need to pay the viewing fee - do you need to do this also if your reception is in Epcot?

Thanks before hand for this information.

Linda

I love your dress! I actually debated between ordering that dress and the one I ended up ordering for quite awhile. I am sure you will look beautiful in it :) It looks like we have similar tastes... I'm glad someone was able to find some of my flower pictures helpful :goodvibes. I can't wait to hear more about your plans, thanks for sharing them with us! :thumbsup2

Thanks! I love the dress too. It's so simple but elegant. And thank you for the pictures...I knew I got them from someone else!! So thanks :)

Ooooh I love your dress!! That is such a gorgeous style! Your floral ideas are great!

We used Rev. Jack Day and we loved him! He was great and really comforting on the day of! He also helped us with the ceremony and was able to suggest great ideas :)

Can't wait to read more!

Yeah I think we'll end up choosing Jack Day. He seems nice. THanks for your comments :)

Love reading your planning journal so far. I have a question about amount of people and timing. We were planning a morning ceremony in Italy, a brunch in ADH or Ariels, a break and then a IllumiNations Desert Party. We just love Epcot and Italy is so beautiful. My first question is how many people are you having at the Yacht Club Gazebo? We are probably looking at between 40 and 50 people. Can this location handle this many people. I would stick with the ceremony in Italy but it has to be so early after reading your plans maybe we could do the reception in Italy so things do not have to start so early in the day. What are the times for the Gazebo ceremony?

Also, I thought you had to wait until the park closed to do anything in Epcot, but it sounds like you are having your reception while the park is still open. What time is your pre-reception and reception starting? Also, what is the minimum and maxium for this location? Just though of one more thing, I know if you do an IllumiNations desert party you need to pay the viewing fee - do you need to do this also if your reception is in Epcot?

Thanks before hand for this information.

Linda

I have about 75-90 guests and they will all fit at the Gazebo so you should be fine on that. I'm not sure what the ceremony times are for the Gazebo. I believe there is an earlier one than mine at 2:30 or so. Mine is at 5pm and I'm almost positive I've heard of people having ceremonies there at 7pm. Hopefully some of the other girls can help us out with this question!

I also thought you had to wait until park close but my SM was actually the one who suggested doing the dinner during park hours. You cant have the DJ playing music or announcing though. That has to wait until after the park closes. I believe the minimum is 50 for the courtyard and the max is 100. THe max may be a little higher. You have to have buffet and you must use Disney floral and entertainment since you are in the park. Also you do have to pay the Illuminations viewing fee if you are planning on a dessert party still. I'm not sure that you'd have to pay it though if you just kept the whole reception back in the courtyard.
I hope I answered some of your questions! :)

Thanks for answering my questions. I'll have to do some more research. I like the idea of having a later ceremony so everyone (especially me) does not have to be up at the crack of dawn. I do want to have music played and some announcements made so this might not work. I would imagine the dollar amount would be more also for food as I was planning on a brunch so I think that is less expensive.

Linda

Thanks for answering my questions. I'll have to do some more research. I like the idea of having a later ceremony so everyone (especially me) does not have to be up at the crack of dawn. I do want to have music played and some announcements made so this might not work. I would imagine the dollar amount would be more also for food as I was planning on a brunch so I think that is less expensive.

Linda

You're welcome. It is nice that I dont have to wake up too early but my hair/makeup appt still starts at 10am! For a 5pm ceremony! Haha. The dollar amount is a little higher since the event is after 2pm and I think the location fee is high too. I'm not sure what it costs to rent the other places though so maybe it's not. I'm paying about $2K just for my site fees for the Italy locations. That does not include the ceremony. Yikes! Anyways good luck with your decision! :)

WOW your dress is amazing!!! I love what you have picked out!!!

Just a side note...I took the pics of my gown off this thread just in case DF is browsing here some day. I dont want him to see :)

I just wanted to share some more pictures with you all. The first one is a picture of the ribbon I want to use. I saw these in a magazine and I love their ideas! I'm hoping to incorporate it somehow even if I just use it for the favors.
100_3718.jpg

Here is a picture of the Italy Plaza West (West Wing). (They recently changed the names of these places. For instance, my reception is now in the Italy Plaza, not the Courtyard. Disney is always changing things :) )
This shows the plant wall which actually makes the space fairly private
100_3652.jpg

Here is the Italy Plaza where we'll have dinner and dancing
100_3658.jpg

100_3657.jpg

100_3656.jpg

We took this one evening ...I think this will be a good picture spot during the reception
100_3622.jpg

Here are some cute ones of me and my niece on the "dance floor" area in the plaza
100_3669.jpg

100_3670.jpg

I have a few more pics but I still need to upload them to photobucket. Hopefully I'll have more updates soon! :)

M&M126- I just love everything you have so far! Gorgeous bridesmaid dresses! I was going crazy trying to see your dress then I couldn't find it thank you for explaining where it went! I love the Italian pavilion it is just GORGEOUS! The colours you picked are great too! We are going to have orange and green! I think it is so cool that we will only be a few weeks apart!
It will be so magical for you! I can't wait to hear more!

M&M126- I just love everything you have so far! Gorgeous bridesmaid dresses! I was going crazy trying to see your dress then I couldn't find it thank you for explaining where it went! I love the Italian pavilion it is just GORGEOUS! The colours you picked are great too! We are going to have orange and green! I think it is so cool that we will only be a few weeks apart!
It will be so magical for you! I can't wait to hear more!

Thanks! Sorry about the dress! I was talking to DF last night and I just had a feeling he might want to look around on the boards and I didnt want him to stumble across the dress :) If you really want to see it, I can PM you ;)

Orange and green are fun colors! I actually think I'll be adding some green to our colors too. Very fun!

Did you post your dress on the Wedding Dresses thread? I bet DF wouldn't think to look there, and then Belle1981 could see it (and I could drool over it some more :cutie:)

So if Italy Courtyard is now Italy Plaza, does Italy Isola have a new name too? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter