Lurkers....time to de-lurk!!!

Lurker here. Been coming to the boards long before my actual sign up date would suggest. lol I started listening to the podcasts in February of 2009 and I started from the beginning. I'm now up to the end of February, and soon I'll be in real time, and waiting impatiently like the rest of you, for the newest show!!

Mostly I lurk here and the Disneyland boards. *waves*

hi!!! i am a lurker but a weekly podcast listener and facebook friend. i am planning a trip to disneyland next year and have been on the boards more. i promise to chime my 2 cents in now and then. :)

I usually don't have too much time to post -- except when I have a specific answer to someone's question. I've been wanting to become more involved, though -- this thread might be the catalyst to start posting more!

Hey Pete, Let's see 22 posts since 2003, am I one of the biggest offenders? :) Well more than half of my posts have come in the last year so I would think I'm slowly de-lurking....at a snail's pace of course.

Love the podcast, been listening since early 2007 and amazingly your team have read 3 of our letters. Anyways, hope your love for producing the show is as strong as our love for listening.

Thanks.Norm

Ive been around for a few years now and post every now and then, but for the most part (when im here) it is just to check out news or sometimes read threads. I am on other boards as well (a lot more than here) so that decreases my posts here.

Hi...I don't post too often either but I love the podcast!

Jackie

Hey hockeymomNS, I'm a hockey mom too. What ages?

Hey fellow Hockeymom.

My guys are 22 (just the beer/recreation league) and my yougest is 17, just finished high school and has one more year there....after that, I don't know. He plays football as well.

I do love hockey, although I think there is a law here in Canada that if you give birth to a son, you must register them for hockey lol

I'll come out of the closet! Here's my story:

I visited Disney World with my family when I was 5 and had very limited memories of the trip. My wife and I were playing around on the WDW site last July and they were offering free dining. One thing led to another and next thing you know, I was entering my credit card info to book a trip for us and our 3 children in late September. This would be our only trip to Disney World so we splurged on the Grand Floridian. We went in completely unprepared and were only able to utilize our free dining with the help of the dining concierge at the hotel! We had a great trip and decided we may visit again in the future. One week later, I was online booking a trip for the kids spring break in April. This time I actually prepared. I bought the, Unnofficial Guide, and found this site through the book. I have learned so much lurking on this site. We were a little concerned about going to Disney the week after Easter but thanks to the contributing members of this site (and Ridemax!) we had another great trip.

So now that the lurkers have been called out and to say thanks to those who have helped me, I will do my best to help others in any way I can. I also think participating here will help me through my withdrawal symptoms between visits!

Thank you Dis Crew!

Hi, my name is Lee Ann, and I am an occasionaly lurker on the podcast board. I[m not able to catch all the podcasts, but I've really enjoyed them when I get to listen in!

Hi all,
I am mostly a lurker, too. I enjoy following the Podcast board and LOVE to listen to the podcasts. I am sure there are MANY more lurkers like me out there!

I think I qualify as a lurker too!
Been a big fan of the DISBoards for a long time. I'm posting now and then, but the fact that English is a secondary language keeps me from posting more often. I would really like to be totally fluent in English! Oh well... back to lurking for now I think. ;)

Eric

I am guilty of lurking! popcorn::

I listen to the podcast each week and it helped me make my kids' first trip last December the most magical trip ever. They can't wait to go back again. Now...I am planning a trip back this December, but this time it will be just me and my Mom. We are HUGE Harry Potter fans and are coming down to check out The Wizarding World of Harry Potter...and leaving the men and the kiddos at home. In addition we will both celebrate our Birthday's while we are there and we can't wait! We will do two days in Universal and one day at Disney, after all I can't come to Orlando and not go to Disney! We also decided that this time we would take some of the burden of planning off of ourselves and we are using Dreams to be sure we don't miss anything.

Thanks for all that you do...heading back into lurkdom now...:rolleyes1

I am Queen Lurker! Just saw my last sign on was July 2001. And I read these posts every week. Too funny. Nice to meet you all!

Hi!
My name is Patti and I am a lurker. I live in NH with my husband, Kevin and a teenage daughter and son. I am a bit on the shy side but figure this is the time to come out, since you asked and are all so welcoming.

I have been a dedicated fan of the podcast and boards for two to three years now. You all were such a great resource for our trip last year. (Special thanks to Tracy for all your help!) My husband was most impressed with all the tips and advice from travel to dining, from accomodations to the parks. He goes to the WDW for me, but I think I am slowly winning him over.

Our next adventure is the Podcast Cruise 2.0. The hubby is not too crazy about a cruise and another Disney trip, but I think you will him over as you have me! Can't wait to meet you all and say thank you in person.

Patti

Delurking sounds like something you'd do in the bathroom. :lmao: Anywho, I'm Carlos. Pretty Much a lurker for the past 5 years. Don't be fooled by the "member since" info.

Guilty another Lurker!!

My name is Dawn and I'm a complete Podcast junkie since fall of 2006 and a daily lurker on the forums since before that :guilty:

Hello :wave:

Ok, I lurk. I admit it. I am trying to be more social here. I have posted quite a bit but then I stopped. Right about the time I had my son.. hmmm..
Im Sara. I have been here since 2005. Ive loved disney since inutero. My first trip my mom was 22 weeks pregnant with me.
I live just outside of Toronto, Canada. I hate being this far away from the mouse. Id move to Orlando if I could. But instead I dream of when I retire and become a snowbird and live in FL for 6 months of the year instead. Silly green cards being hard to get.
Im a mom of two kids, DS Ben is 3.5 and DD Olivia is 11 months. Im married to a great guy DH and I have the same love of disney. Well he has got the bug from me. We got married in 2001 and have been together for about 12 years.
I just started listening to the podcasts a few months ago, DH got a new Iphone and he gave me his ipod and loaded a whole bunch on there. I got hooked and Ive started posting more. I even have DH as a fan of the dis on facebook. He has not yet got a id on here, but he's a busy guy.

Next trip for us is Feb 2011 it looks like. Started planning it already. We have gone with DS when he was still a babe in arms and want to wait till DD can walk and talk and eat more than she does now.

Well I think that's me, in a nutshell... coming out from the corners and saying hello.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter