Lovebugs Have Arrived!

They've been around a couple of weeks, now. They are probably at their peak now. By the end of September, they should be gone.

Just back from a week 9/9-9/16 @WDW The bugs increased over the week. Not so much at the resorts but noticed them heavy at Tomorr. speedway on Sun -then @Motors ,Action on Thurs.

ITA!!! It was 42 degrees this morning at 7! They are anticipating overnight lows in the 30s this weekend, with possible frost Saturday night. Ugh. I have the windows closed up already but I will NOT turn on the furnace and burn oil in September!!!

I'm jealous! It was 100 here today :sad2:

After reading a couple of threads on these,I am hoping they have peaked and won't be as bad next week....we arrive on Tuesday night.

I'm trying to prepare everyone for the bug situation, but it's freaking me out!

We were down there at the peak of it in Sept. last year and they were a pain - flying everywhere, covering the walls at POP and landing on you when at the pools. I hope they will be past when we go down this year.:surfweb:

I go every year in Sept and always notice some at the resorts, but seldom notice any in the parks. We just got back (were there Sept 10th-18th) and the love bugs were the worst I've ever seen them. It's the first time I've ever noticed them in the parks. It seemed like they were everywhere. We used a rental car for the most part, but I did use the buses a few times when my friend was going somewhere else. The lovebugs were so thick at the bus stop that people were standing outside the bus stop in the sun, to avoid them. Underneath the bus stop they were like a thick black haze. I went to the main pool one day and sat my refillable mug down on a lounger next to me, while I was reading. I happened to glance over at it a few minutes later and it was totally covered in love bugs.:eek:

I go every year in Sept and always notice some at the resorts, but seldom notice any in the parks. We just got back (were there Sept 10th-18th) and the love bugs were the worst I've ever seen them. It's the first time I've ever noticed them in the parks. It seemed like they were everywhere. We used a rental car for the most part, but I did use the buses a few times when my friend was going somewhere else. The lovebugs were so thick at the bus stop that people were standing outside the bus stop in the sun, to avoid them. Underneath the bus stop they were like a thick black haze. I went to the main pool one day and sat my refillable mug down on a lounger next to me, while I was reading. I happened to glance over at it a few minutes later and it was totally covered in love bugs.:eek:

We had planned on going to Disney in late September to take advantage of FD, I am so glad now that we changed our dates, I just can not imagine shareing my vacation with the love bugs.

Wikipedia (an always accurate source :laughing:) says they are out for 4-5 weeks. Is that true, or is it true their peak is pretty much 1-2 weeks? I've heard both now. I'll be there Saturday. My friend was there last week of September last year and said they were everywhere, so wondering if they are early this year or if they hang around that long.

Yep! They are all over the place in WDW. Keep the doors closed, I left ours ajar for 2 minutes while we put the towels on the railings to dry and then had a few sharing the room with us. LOL!

Jackie

Wikipedia (an always accurate source :laughing:) says they are out for 4-5 weeks. Is that true, or is it true their peak is pretty much 1-2 weeks? I've heard both now. I'll be there Saturday. My friend was there last week of September last year and said they were everywhere, so wondering if they are early this year or if they hang around that long.

I say 3 weeks and they generally top out. 4 weeks is pushing it, and I don't recall ever 5 weeks.

you may see one or two one day, then a few more later in the week, then the next week a bunch, then it tapers off.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who sees "Love Bugs" in a thread title and immediately launches into "The Love Boat" theme song? Swapping "Boat" for "Bugs" of course.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who sees "Love Bugs" in a thread title and immediately launches into "The Love Boat" theme song? Swapping "Boat" for "Bugs" of course.

Oh,yes! I sing this every few months. "The love bugs soon will be making another run. The love bugs, so disgusting to everyone!"

Glad I'm not the only one! I haven't said anything about love bugs to DW yet. I hope she doesn't flip out. DS will enjoy the bug experience. It's tough to be a bug.

Lovebugs really aren't that major of an issue unless you're a car hood or a patio screen door. :thumbsup2 The September rush tends to be weaker than the May one, in our experience anyway. I really wouldn't worry. As far as Disney issues go it's preferable to the fickle summer rainstorms, I'd say!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter