Lovebugs Have Arrived!

We were there from Sep 23-30th last year and they were at their peak. We're heading down on 10/9 this year and I hope they will be on their merry way. They were all over the Animal Kingdom. I just remember swatting them away when I took my 4yo on Triceratops Spin.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who sees "Love Bugs" in a thread title and immediately launches into "The Love Boat" theme song? Swapping "Boat" for "Bugs" of course.

You were alone... but now, without my own mental control, I now too have that song stuck in my head.... Thanks! :thumbsup2

It blows my mind to know they are that bad up there :eek: I am 3 hours south west from Disney and I don't have a single one here :confused3 All I can say is I pray they are gone by next week.. I hate them.. I don't feel like dealing with them when I go up there..:headache: They are a pain to drive in..

We were there from Sep 23-30th last year and they were at their peak. We're heading down on 10/9 this year and I hope they will be on their merry way. They were all over the Animal Kingdom. I just remember swatting them away when I took my 4yo on Triceratops Spin.

We were there last year during that time, and if that was their peak, I'm not sure what everyone is so freaked out about. They are harmless bugs, and they aren't scary looking. You could find them, but they weren't in swarms.

I'm not concerned about it, and we get there on the 24th this year.

Dan

we just got home yesterday from our trip to WDW (9/20 - 9/25) and I was pleasantly surprised at the LACK of love bugs after reading all the threads.

The worst I saw was at the Studios on Friday....and by the worst, I mean I saw maybe 5 pair flying around at the same time in different areas. Now, I was wearing a lighter colored shirt that day, and I have read they are attracted to white/lighter colors.

On Saturday mid-morning, they were also more abundant at the pool (AKL). I think by laying on the white towels (or having them near you) they came around more.

Otherwise, we would see one set of them around, and most times we didn't see them at all. I didn't notice them at any other parks except for the Studios.

Hopefully that means they have already peaked and for those of you heading to WDW, you will be love bug free!

Just got back from a fabulous week at WDW. Saw very few love bugs early in the week (9/24, 9/25 & 9/26) and they were gone by the end of the week. The most I ever saw was at DHS on 9/26 and I'm talking a dozen throughout the whole day. Glad I wasn't there during peak though - they were kinda gross looking!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter