Lost DVC points

All of my 271 points were restored! Ty Disney.

They even banked my June 2019 UY points into 2020, which I was not expecting and never really asked for.
When did they do this? I called to cancel my April 2nd trip today and also have a June UY. I was told no banking forward. They did briefly last week and then policy changed and they stopped. All I was offered was to convert to RCI. I said no thank you and left my reservation as is for now. Maybe I’ll get lucky and they’ll bank the points once they official announce an extension on the closure. Fingers crossed!

When???!!!!

sorry disregard “earning my ears” trying to respond to a specific post

Last edited:
When did they do this? I called to cancel my April 2nd trip today and also have a June UY. I was told no banking forward. They did briefly last week and then policy changed and they stopped. All I was offered was to convert to RCI. I said no thank you and left my reservation as is for now. Maybe I’ll get lucky and they’ll bank the points once they official announce an extension on the closure. Fingers crossed!

I just logged in to the dvc website and saw it in my June 2020 use year.

I just saw it on the dvc website after I logged in tonight. It wasn’t that way two days ago. I would post a screenshot if I knew how

When did you call to cancel? If it was last week, they were letting people bank after deadline.

If you called in the past few days, then you got some major pixie dust.

When did you call to cancel? If it was last week, they were letting people bank after deadline.

If you called in the past few days, then you got some major pixie dust.

I called 3/12 to cancel my 3/14 trip. It was right before the announcement of the Disneyworld park closures. The CM told me that she had to fill out a form requesting to unborrow the points but told me that there were no guarantees and that the 2019 points would stay in their original UY.

I called again Earlier this week to ask about a different trip (2 night stay in May) on a separate contract; and also decided To ask about the DVC email that was sent out and my canceled March trip. They again told me that a request was put in to unborrow points, but there were no guarantees. They also told me that the 2019 points could not be banked and would stay in that use year.

I logged in tonight to check availability before June to see if I could book something to potentially rent out or transfer to another member.

Are you able to cancel the reservation online and they will make the changes? I'm an August use year so from what I'm taking then I would need to cancel reservation now and quickly bank my points to next year so that I don't lose out?

I called 3/12 to cancel my 3/14 trip. It was right before the announcement of the Disneyworld park closures. The CM told me that she had to fill out a form requesting to unborrow the points but told me that there were no guarantees and that the 2019 points would stay in their original UY.

I called again Earlier this week to ask about a different trip (2 night stay in May) on a separate contract; and also decided To ask about the DVC email that was sent out and my canceled March trip. They again told me that a request was put in to unborrow points, but there were no guarantees. They also told me that the 2019 points could not be banked and would stay in that use year.

I logged in tonight to check availability before June to see if I could book something to potentially rent out or transfer to another member.

Last week, they were letting people bank points beyond deadline. It may be why you got it!

It was only this week that they changed it. Glad it worked out in your favor!

Are you able to cancel the reservation online and they will make the changes? I'm an August use year so from what I'm taking then I would need to cancel reservation now and quickly bank my points to next year so that I don't lose out?

Yes you can cancel online. There have been different reports on holding. I canceled last week a March trip online and points went into holding and I had to call to get it fixed.

Others have had success, including with April vacations.

Yes you can cancel online. There have been different reports on holding. I canceled last week a March trip online and points went into holding and I had to call to get it fixed.

Others have had success, including with April vacations.

Just managed to go online and do this. Points went back straight away and I've now banked my points into next year. I just now have 10 points that I had borrowed from 2020 use year that are showing in my 2019 year. I presume those points are now lost as I'm a UK member so no way really of getting back to use them.

Just managed to go online and do this. Points went back straight away and I've now banked my points into next year. I just now have 10 points that I had borrowed from 2020 use year that are showing in my 2019 year. I presume those points are now lost as I'm a UK member so no way really of getting back to use them.

When was your trip? They are restoring those, but right now, only for trips that were during closing. If opening is delayed...and I think it will be...you should be eligible to have them restored.

If thst happens, it is not automatic. You have to call and ask.

When was your trip? They are restoring those, but right now, only for trips that were during closing. If opening is delayed...and I think it will be...you should be eligible to have them restored.

The DVC part was due to start on the 1st. Got full refund on the Disney UK booking part.

I called early Monday before they put in the policy to not allow people to unborrow points. I was told 7-30 days for the points to be fixed. They were fixed as of this morning. So it took about 4 days.

I have a June UY with an April reservation (still standing). I banked all of my remaining '19 points when I made the reservation for the Easter trip (all in one call intentionally done the way it was done). I knew that would be my last trip for my 2019 UY.

Now I have 181 points hanging in the wind. My points are like gold to me. I can't afford to simply throw those points away through no fault of my own (and I understand not DVC's either).

What I'm trying to wrap my arms around, simply because it may be my only method of relief at this point, is how can they do it for some and not do it for all? That's one of the most fundamental rules of law and common sense. "Oops. Sorry. You didn't do it in time." ain't gonna cut it.

I pretty much knew last week that my April 11-18 reservation wasn't going to happen, but in the interest of not overloading the call center knowing full well DVC would do the right thing and cancel my reservation and return/BANK my points anyway should the resort be closed, I chose not to be one of the ones overloading MS. Now I have to pay for trying to be a good DVC citizen? I think not.

UYs and their arbitrary assignment (because they were supposedly the only ones available) when making a retail purchase was a decision made by DVC when I bought. It's essentially a class in the legal sense, and you can't penalize me as a class when you don't penalize the other classes in the system simply because arbitrarily, this doesn't "happen" to affect them.

Have fun telling me why I'm wrong.

Last edited:
I have a June UY with an April reservation (still standing). I banked all of my remaining '19 points when I made the reservation for the Easter trip (all in one call intentionally done the way it was done). I knew that would be my last trip for my 2019 UY.

Now I have 181 points hanging in the wind. My points are like gold to me. I can't afford to simply throw those points away through no fault of my own (and I understand not DVC's either).

What I'm trying to wrap my arms around, simply because it may be my only method of relief at this point, is how can they do it for some and not so it for all? That's one of the most fundamental rules of law and common sense. "Oops. Sorry. You didn't do it in time." ain't gonna cut it.

I pretty much knew last week that my April 11-18 reservation wasn't going to happen, but in the interest of not overloading the call center knowing full well DVC would do the right thing and cancel my reservation and return/BANK my points anyway should the resort be closed, I chose not to be one of the ones overloading MS. Now I have to pay for trying to be a good DVC citizen? I think not.

UYs and their arbitrary assignment (because they were supposedly the only ones available) when making a retail purchase was a decision made by DVC when I bought. It's essentially a class in the legal sense, and you can't penalize me as a class when you don't penalize the other classes in the system simply because arbitrarily, this doesn't "happen" to affect them.

Have fun telling me why I'm wrong.

The newest message says they are leaving banking rules in place but are discussing options. So, basically to stay tuned

Thanks. That at least leaves hope.

Yup. I think this is a minute by minute situation and since they really have no idea how long it last, it’s got to be difficult to make rules that follow the contract vs, bending them and still staying within the system constraints,

I will say that last week, when they were allowing members to bank beyond deadline it was only for reservations when the parks were close but resorts open,

Once they announced the resorts would also close, the decision was modified, So, it was not a random change, but a change because of new information.

At some point, all these changes will have to go away and I’d bet a lot that when they stop, people will complain it’s not fair because others got it and they did not,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter