Lost DVC points

I borrowed points from UY20 into 19. We were set to check in this Saturday and obviously the resort is closed. The borrowed points went back into 19 and not 20. I thought they were going to be relaxed on this? Maybe it just needs time to settle or requires a call.

I still feel for those dealing with UY 18 points.
very similar situation. Borrowed 2020 points into 2019 for an Aulani trip starting Friday for a week. Just cancelled and they are returned to 2019. I have an August UY as well and we cannot travel before August. Potentially a huge point loss. I emailed and opened a ticket when I cancelled.

I just got off the phone. I can confirm (for now) that BORROWED points can be placed back into their original use year. My trip is also 100% in the "closed" period as it started Saturday and went into Wednesday. So that could have something to do with it.

I still feel really bad for those with the UY18 banking issues. I hope something can be done even if it's just a small gesture (i.e. some maintenance fees reimbursed at least).

I doubt it needs to be said here but when calling, be extra nice! I cannot imagine the stress they're under; I was pleased with a 20 minute wait to be honest. Everyone be safe out there.
I literally had no wait but was told my borrowed points wouldn't be returned to their UY.....fingers crossed.

Someone posted in another thread that they have decided to stop the process of Moving borrowed points back,

So, looks like the only waiving is holding. Which is probably good because it allows people to re book summer months and beyond from now.

I think they had to realize how unbalanced it would become. If they are not changing point status any more, I think that bolds well for the future to manage this
this is what I was told just now on the phone. What shouldn't happen is allowing these points to be sent back for some people and then stopping it a few days later. That's arbitrary and BS

just got off the phone to cancel my april 19-25 stay using UY 20 points ( June UY) and was told that the points will expire may 31, 2020 and that they cant move those points back to UY 20. So a loss of 111 points. my flight from Canada has been cancelled, no international flight including to the US from March 20 for at least 30 days.

All kinds of laws and rules being arbitrarily enforced or not enforced during this time. Disney loves people like you who just shrug and stand in line..."oh they said the law". I'm not asking them to break a law or even bend one. Just include us in the incentives they will be providing to joe shmoe out there getting them back in the parks when this thing breaks. There are many of us who are losing thousands of banked points value and would reasonably want some sort of alternative compensation. Throw in park tickets next time I reserve and I'll shut up.

Maybe, once the time of closures is really known, and things open back up, DVC will reach out to the other divisions to make some type of perk available.

It certainly would be great to see something Like that happen
!

this is what I was told just now on the phone. What shouldn't happen is allowing these points to be sent back for some people and then stopping it a few days later. That's arbitrary and BS

I am really sorry for this. I have a feeling that now that they realize the Closure could be longer they have to stop it,

Hopefully, if it doesn’t, maybe they will reverse it again and go back to allowing it,

I wonder if they figure to halt now until they have a better idea? I did get borrowed points restored, but I then went ahead and booked a trip for August and borrowed the bulk of them back, Lol.

I am really sorry for this. I have a feeling that now that they realize the Closure could be longer they have to stop it,

Hopefully, if it doesn’t, maybe they will reverse it again and go back to allowing it,

I wonder if they figure to halt now until they have a better idea? I did get borrowed points restored, but I then went ahead and booked a trip for August and borrowed the bulk of them back, Lol.
I want to book for July 31-August 9 but August 1 is my UY. I was told my borrowed points from 2020 cannot be used for this now!!

I want to book for July 31-August 9 but August 1 is my UY. I was told my borrowed points from 2020 cannot be used for this now!!

Uggg...mine were Dec UY, so even had they not put them back, I would have been okay,

I will add though, my May trip, which is on my Aug UY membership ended up with borrowed points because a concierge rooms opened up and I needed to borrow to take it,

I never borrow late in my UY so this is a first. If that trip doesn’t happen, I will be forced to go again in July, or lose them,

Last edited:
This info is so depressing and just adding more stress to everyone. I can only hope after this ends, that maybe they will find a way to resolve this. That’s about all we can hope for. 😢

very similar situation. Borrowed 2020 points into 2019 for an Aulani trip starting Friday for a week. Just cancelled and they are returned to 2019. I have an August UY as well and we cannot travel before August. Potentially a huge point loss. I emailed and opened a ticket when I cancelled.

I'm not sure I understand the situation here, though - Aulani currently isn't closed, so not sure why a cancelled reservation should be handled any differently than it would have been handled a couple months ago. I know a lot of things are up in the air right now - it's crazy. But having a reservation cancelled because the resort is closed is different from cancelling at a resort that's still open.

At this point, though - who knows how much longer until Aulani actually does close.....

I'm not sure I understand the situation here, though - Aulani currently isn't closed, so not sure why a cancelled reservation should be handled any differently than it would have been handled a couple months ago. I know a lot of things are up in the air right now - it's crazy. But having a reservation cancelled because the resort is closed is different from cancelling at a resort that's still open.

At this point, though - who knows how much longer until Aulani actually does close.....

Last week, though, they were allowing members who had March reservations to bank beyond deadline and put borrowed points back.

This week, they changed it back to following the rules. So, in this instance, I don’t think it had to do with it being Aulani and being open, but rather they changed the rules again. That means some members, like myself, go to restore borrowed points on Friday, and by Monday, other members are being told no,

I'm also losing 140 points and don't have the ability to travel. What a disappointment from Disney.

Uggg...mine were Dec UY, so even had they not put them back, I would have been okay,

I will add though, my May trip, which is on my Aug UY membership ended up with borrowed points because a concierge rooms opened up and I needed to borrow to take it,

I never borrow late in my UY so this is a first. If that trip doesn’t happen, I will be forced to go again in July, or loss them,
all of these things hinge on what happens in the next few weeks as well....based on what they do with kids schools, when they reopen resorts...what happens in the summer???
Last week, though, they were allowing members who had March reservations to bank beyond deadline and put borrowed points back.

This week, they changed it back to following the rules. So, in this instance, I don’t think it had to do with it being Aulani and being open, but rather they changed the rules again. That means some members, like myself, go to restore borrowed points on Friday, and by Monday, other members are being told no,
If we are told to avoid discretionary travel by our government it should not matter if Aulani is closed or not....also what you're saying is true, letting it slide for some members (restoring points) then taking it away for others is not right.

all of these things hinge on what happens in the next few weeks as well....based on what they do with kids schools, when they reopen resorts...what happens in the summer???

If we are told to avoid discretionary travel by our government it should not matter if Aulani is closed or not....also what you're saying is true, letting it slide for some members (restoring points) then taking it away for others is not right.

Yup. I said last week, even though I got the benefit, DVC really should have never changed any rule but holding.

Removing holding allows people to reschedule for summer and fall, when things are more likely to be a go.

But the rest has now created a big mess because as you say, some owners got a big save.

Yup. I said last week, even though I got the benefit, DVC really should have never changed any rule but holding.

Removing holding allows people to reschedule for summer and fall, when things are more likely to be a go.

But the rest has now created a big mess because as you say, some owners got a big save.
I was going to cancel yesterday but I figured they are swamped and my points would be returned to THEIR UY anyway, I would just wait until today.

I was going to cancel yesterday but I figured they are swamped and my points would be returned to THEIR UY anyway, I would just wait until today.

It sounds like the policy was in place yesterday to not allow any exception so I think you would have been stuck either way.

Again, it is really is unfortunate. I hold out hope, though, thst if things open sooner rather than later, that maybe things will change when they know exactly how many points were really affected.

Time to rise up DVC members!!!!!!!!!!

And do what?

It's not a situation of me not getting what I want....it's getting what I *PAID* for.

Ok, so what if you had rented out that reservation to someone else, and now they can’t go? You paid the dues on those points, but the renter paid you to use those points.

What side do you come down on then?

Sounds more like some reps were going rogue and then legal stepped in and said NO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter