Losing weight for the mouse in 2015

I started using my fitness pal this week and much prefer it to my previous favorite, spark people. Thus far I am down 5/25 with 7 months to go. I am having a little splurge this evening with hubs, then it is back to business tomorrow.

Anyone have a Fitbit and want to do challenges with me? I just got one and have 45 or so pounds I'd like gone by the end of October. No one else I know has one.

Weigh-in day week 7 in our company weight loss contest. I was happy when I got off the scale. I'm down a total of 45.6 pounds in 7 weeks. The contest only has one more week to go. Then I will be on my own to keep working until I hit my goal of 80 pounds total. On a side note...still smoke free after 9 days :yay:

WOW! That's quite the weight loss for 7 weeks! May I ask what you are doing?

Weigh in day is tomorrow. I hope I've lost. I lose very slowly, but as long as the scale is going down a little at a time, I am happy. I know I could easily be at my goal by September. Once it warms up a tad more here in MD, i'll be walking outside each night, too.

WOW! That's quite the weight loss for 7 weeks! May I ask what you are doing?
It's going to sound silly but honestly just limiting calorie intake and getting a bit more exercise than I was. I really think the biggest thing is that I no longer snack and at our office that can be really difficult. There are always donuts coffee cakes muffins etc etc around and having a couple of those and then sitting on my rear to do my job for 9 hours or so a day was a real detriment. So the first thing I did was vow to pass on all of that stuff. I have also given up any fried food. I've given up most red meat although I have had a steak or 2 in the last 7 weeks. I have all but given up potatoes in any form choosing fresh vegetables instead. Once this contest is over I plan to increase my exercise level and hope that drives me on to my ultimate goal. Good luck!

It's going to sound silly but honestly just limiting calorie intake and getting a bit more exercise than I was. I really think the biggest thing is that I no longer snack and at our office that can be really difficult. There are always donuts coffee cakes muffins etc etc around and having a couple of those and then sitting on my rear to do my job for 9 hours or so a day was a real detriment. So the first thing I did was vow to pass on all of that stuff. I have also given up any fried food. I've given up most red meat although I have had a steak or 2 in the last 7 weeks. I have all but given up potatoes in any form choosing fresh vegetables instead. Once this contest is over I plan to increase my exercise level and hope that drives me on to my ultimate goal. Good luck!

That's excellent! I know how it is. I work in an office too, and there is always so much junk. This is when my Celiac Disease is a blessing! I can't have donuts, or bagels, or brownies, so I'm saved from a lot of that stuff!

I find
That's excellent! I know how it is. I work in an office too, and there is always so much junk. This is when my Celiac Disease is a blessing! I can't have donuts, or bagels, or brownies, so I'm saved from a lot of that stuff!
I find when I eliminate gluten and foods that would normally contain gluten (bread, pasta, sweets), it drastically reduces the amount of sugar in my diet. I'm not allergic or sensitive to gluten but I do feel better staying away from it and it helps with weight loss.

I didn't intend to start losing weight for our September trip, but I had my gallbladder out about 6 weeks ago and my diet has completely changed. I've started using my fitness pal to track my calories. I do body weight strength exercises everyday and alternate jogging and walking. I've dropped about 14 pounds since then. I would like to do 20 or 25 more.

I am joining the challenge to lose weight before Mickey, and I have a fitbit. I need some extra motivation, too ;) But I have gained a lot of weight with new medications in the past few months, and we are taking our kids on their first Disney vacation in September. My goal is to lose 60 pounds, so I've got a long way to go! I'm not sure how to find you on fitbit, though...

Anyone have a Fitbit and want to do challenges with me? I just got one and have 45 or so pounds I'd like gone by the end of October. No one else I know has one.

I also have a fitbit that I linked to my WW account and I just love it :love:
It's just too bad that it doesn't track swimming...
I don't know how to do challenges but I'm willing to join :)
So far, I don't have any problem reaching my goal of 10,000 steps on days that I'm working but I don't reach it on the weekends...:rolleyes1
I started this weight loss journey with Dr Phil's 20/20 diet but found it very unrealistic for me. I switched to WW last week (done WW a few times over the past 25 years) and so far so good. I did lose 8lbs with Dr Phil's diet so it helped to jumpstart things, I needed something different. My weight in is Wednesday morning and I can't wait!

I've lost 10.8 total, and weigh in again tomorrow! It's a very slow process for me, but we are moving this weekend and then i'll finally be able to walk around a nice neighborhood to get my walking in!

DH has lost 30 lbs since Jan 1, and has been doing awesome. We'll be back in WDW in August, and have a Mexico vacation scheduled in June. Hopes for 50 more by August.

I am down around 5, don't have much to lose. I am doing a weight loss challenge at work, so that's kept me really motivated because I lose so slowly.

I am trying to lose enough 20-30lbs by the end of June to fit back into all my summer clothes I have in my closet! I am using myfitnespal and my fitbit.

This week I was up. Not letting it get me down :)

I am trying to lose 10-15lbs before our trip in August. I try to follow the No S diet (no snacks, seconds, or sweets except on "S days"-Saturdays and Sundays or Special days). My issue is exercise---I seriously do not move enough. Here's to spring and some of this snow finally melting, so I can get outside to walk!

So here I am! I started losing back last year about August/September. I didn't spell out to myself that I was doing it for Disney, since we didn't know for sure if we were going. But, it was in the back of my mind. I had a bad tooth that was split and it hurt to eat. Horribly, I put off going to the dentist because a) I hate dentists! and b)I was losing some weight because I couldn't eat stuff!. Well, I lost 10 lbs before finally getting it pulled. It got me kickstarted...

Beginning Weight: Summer 2014 217 lbs.
Current Weight: 196 lbs.

We have almost a month to go. I'd like to lose down to 190 lbs by the time we leave. Wish me luck!! :D

I'm still plugging along here. I gained a little and was mad so I quit for a few weeks. . I decided to quit acting like a two year old and started again last Monday. I am now doing WW online instead of doing WW on my own. Love it! I weighed in today and lost 2.4. Unfortunately I still need to lose two more to get to where I was.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter