Losing weight for the mouse in 2015

I'd love to join this thread! I am headed to Disney World in September. I had a baby in June of 2014 and I'm still 10lbs above where I was when I got pregnant, and then I still need to lose 10-15 more lbs on top of that!!!

I have Celiac Disease and Hashimoto's. It makes it a lot harder to lose weight, but thanks to Intermittent fasting, I've lost 9.4 lbs since 12/30. I also just started a very extreme Elimination diet (not to lose weight, but to cut down on inflammatory foods to help heal my gut and prevent further Autoimmune disease). It's been SO hard. It's pretty much Meat, Fish, Veggies, Fruit, and some fats like coconut oil, and olive oil. I have to make it 6 weeks, and then I can start introducing things back!

My goal for march is to lose 5 lbs!

Ugh. I started trying to lose in January, and did really well..lost 10 pounds! Then my doctor put me on a new medication at the beginning of February, and I've gained back all 10 pounds, plus a few. :headache:
I've quit taking that medication and am now starting over. Crap.

Ugh. I started trying to lose in January, and did really well..lost 10 pounds! Then my doctor put me on a new medication at the beginning of February, and I've gained back all 10 pounds, plus a few. :headache:
I've quit taking that medication and am now starting over. Crap.

I don't blame you. I am on Synthroid for my thyroid, and I'm afraid it's going to make me gain weight, but I can't really go off of it. Trying to get my doctor to put me on a different med is like trying to pull teeth. :(

I am going to Orlando in August for Buiness only. But I wll be going to Disney World on Oct 18 for a Solo trip.
I would like to lose 24 lbs by then. Last year from March until Sept I lost 26 lbs then stress and holidays hit. I gained 15 back.
I like to say "I am going to get "Skinny for Minnie"

I am doing My Fitness Pal and I am dlockhart1955 on there - please add me.

Good Luck to everyone.

I've been trying to lose 30 before our trip in May. So far I have lost 10 and now I'm stuck! Seems like no matter what I do, nothing more is coming off. So frustrating, but I have 52 days to get over this hump and drop a few more. I just don't want to have to buy a new bathing suit...lol.

I'd like to join, if I can. We're going in October, and it will be the first trip to WDW with our son (he'll be 2.5 then), as well as our 11th wedding anniversary. I'd really love to feel good and not be afraid to get in a photograph or 100!

I've been trying to lose 30 before our trip in May. So far I have lost 10 and now I'm stuck! Seems like no matter what I do, nothing more is coming off. So frustrating, but I have 52 days to get over this hump and drop a few more. I just don't want to have to buy a new bathing suit...lol.

You can do it!!!

I am down 10.2 lbs in 2015. So that means I'm 1/3 of the way to my goal. It's been really slow and steady, but I'm getting there. 11 lbs to prepregnancy weight and then 12 more lbs after that.

It's good to hear all of the stories. We are nearing the end of a company team weight loss contest. I have lost 38.6 lbs during the first 6 weeks of the contest. There are two weeks to go. I was hoping for 40 lbs total so I think I've got that made. That was phase 1 of my "Get fit for Disney plan." Phase 2 is to lose 12 more in the 6 weeks after the contest and before Disney in May. Also, just for good measure I am doing my best to give up smoking...7 days into that so far...wish me luck!

It's good to hear all of the stories. We are nearing the end of a company team weight loss contest. I have lost 38.6 lbs during the first 6 weeks of the contest. There are two weeks to go. I was hoping for 40 lbs total so I think I've got that made. That was phase 1 of my "Get fit for Disney plan." Phase 2 is to lose 12 more in the 6 weeks after the contest and before Disney in May. Also, just for good measure I am doing my best to give up smoking...7 days into that so far...wish me luck!

Goodness gracious! That is AWESOME!! Way to go!

Can I join too please?

I am trying to lose 40 pounds before we leave for our wedding in WDW on October 21st.

I started in mid January and was down 6 pounds but then I picked up a horrible virus that is going around here and was laid up for 2 weeks and didn't exercise at all. I also quit smoking which is good but I regained all 6 pounds I had lost. I'm back at it now and weighed myself today and I am down 3 pounds so at least I am getting back to where I was. DFi says I should be very proud that I more or less maintained my weight after I quit smoking. He knows people who packed on 20 pounds or more when they quit. I suppose there is some truth to that but dangit, I was on a roll.

I have been trying to make smarter food choices and watch portion sizes but haven't been counting calories. I have been exercising regularly though. A friend of mine challenged me to a 30 day fitness challenge around New Years and while I could feel myself getting stronger I wasn't losing any weight. I finally broke down and admitted I was just going to have to do some aerobics of some kind. I am not a runner at all so that was out. I got to thinking that when I was a kid my mom had a Cher step aerobic video and I remember having fun doing that when I was nine years old or so. On a whim I looked and it is on youtube. It came out in 1991 and it is totally cheesy but it gets me off my tush and moving which is the point. I got a step and am doing it at the intermediate level. My fitness pal says that workout burns 410 calories which is great. I also do a 10 minute ab workout and attempt to do the lower body workout on the Cher tape but so far have only been able to get through 10 minutes of it.

I find the key for me is I have to do it every single day without fail. If I take even one day off it becomes way too easy to make excuses for subsequent days. I have to keep that habit. The hard part will be when I start work for the summer. I'm going to have to get up and do it at 5:30 in the morning because there is no way I will do it after working in the hot sun all day.

I find the key for me is I have to do it every single day without fail. If I take even one day off it becomes way too easy to make excuses for subsequent days. I have to keep that habit. The hard part will be when I start work for the summer. I'm going to have to get up and do it at 5:30 in the morning because there is no way I will do it after working in the hot sun all day.

I'm the same way. I HAVE to do it everyday, or I won't do it at all.

Good luck!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter