Losing weight for the mouse in 2015

autismgoesdisney

DIS Veteran
I haven't been on this board for awhile, and I am in shock that the thread "losing weight for the mouse" isn't on page 1!!! :lmao:

So who will be trying to lose weight for the mouse in 2015?

I can't be alone. Our trip is in August and I would like to be 30 pounds lighter. Planning on starting T25, walking and counting calories.

Anyone else?

I'll join in! We are going to Disneyland in Feb and I would like to be down 10 lbs by then. But that is just a step on the way to Aulani in June. I would like to be down 40 lbs by Aulani. My plan is WW and couch to 5K. I have had success with WW before and I had started the 5K program this summer but then a foot injury set me back. I am so tired of being the biggest person I know....

I'll join in! We are going to Disneyland in Feb and I would like to be down 10 lbs by then. But that is just a step on the way to Aulani in June. I would like to be down 40 lbs by Aulani. My plan is WW and couch to 5K. I have had success with WW before and I had started the 5K program this summer but then a foot injury set me back. I am so tired of being the biggest person I know....

Aulani! I am so jealous! That is an awesome goal for weight loss. I did WW years ago and lost 30 pounds (yup I gained it all back). Now I'm going with calorie counting because its free.

I did do low carb and I lost quickly, BUT I couldn't keep at it.

You should use the app "MyFitnessPal". I used it to count calories and lost roughly 50 pounds! Took me about 6 or so months, and I have been maintaining since summer!

I'm in for dropping weight. I didn't drop weight for our 2013 trip, but it would have been more comfortable if I did.

AZMermaid - I can relate to your comment of being the biggest person I know.

I joined a 90 day weight loss challenge at work that starts 1/5. A little competition to get things started. I would be happy with 25-40 lbs off by the fall.

Will be eating healthier, walking (couch to 5k was fun a couple years ago...got sick and never started again), and hubby has been itching to state insanity again. If we start that, he will lose his extra 10 in the first month....lucky duck.

Count me in! Headed down in late July & I know we'll be at the pool a lot. Would like to be down at least 30 of the 50/60 I need to lose by then. Plan on exercising (gym & home workouts depending on schedule) & counting calories w my fitness pal.

I'm in! We're going in mid May. I have about 40lbs to lose. I am about 20lbs heavier than our last trip in 2013 :( Thinking about doing a low carb diet. Never done one. Any tips?

Me! Our first trip is hopefully March 2016 so i have about 15 months to lose weight. I'd like to lose 80lbs but I'd be happy with 65.

(I have lost about 50 lbs since being diagnosed a Celiac. Couldn't lose weight because of Celiac and finally found out why. But still a struggle to lose anymore.)

We will be visiting late June and I am hoping to lose 25-30 by then. I remember what it was like to have the inner thigh chaffing from my trip in 2004 and my goal is to have to worry about that issue a little less!

I'm in! We're going in mid May. I have about 40lbs to lose. I am about 20lbs heavier than our last trip in 2013 :( Thinking about doing a low carb diet. Never done one. Any tips?

We are going mid May and I would like to lose a good bit as well. I did low carb last year and it worked well (until I started eating poorly again). I am planning to do the paleo diet starting in the next few days.

I'm wanting to trim up for our trip in April! My husband and I run fitness accountability groups on facebook...they really help! We've been doing this for a year and have gotten lots of great feedback. We have a new one starting January 5th for anyone doing a Beachbody program (or if you'd like to start one). Find us on facebook, our page name is "Fitting in Fitness".

I had a baby in April, and gained 70 pounds during my pregnancy:(. Up until about a week ago I had been gaining not loosing. I started counting calories and let go of the sweeties, and sticking to mostly protein and healthy carbs. My meals have not been more than 300 calories and snacks no more than 50-100. Cut out soda again which wasn't hard. I have already lost 14 pounds. I have 18 to go for my official beginners goal, but 68 overall. Good luck to everyone! We can do this. April 26 is our check in date for Wilderness Lodge, hopefully I will kick this 18+ pounds by then!

I'll Jump on board. Our baby is 16 months old, we went to Disney last year when she was 7 months old. I was pretty uncomfortable, I'd like to loose 25 lbs before we go in 3 and 1/2 months. I was doing well before Christmas but can't get back in the swing of things. I'm striving to eat whole foods vs. processed foods, exercise daily, and drink more water.

We head to WDW on May 8, and I want to lose 40 lbs by then. I am going to stick with low carb (which I've had success with in the past) and walking a lot. I have the couch to 5k app and want to use that to begin running.

Count me in! I have had several friends find success with the book Fast Metabolism. Anyone have any experience with it?
I had a good experience with the "17 Day Diet", lost 35 lbs. and would love to lose that and then some (40-50) by our DLR trip on April 29th! Shoot for the moon and maybe you'll land among the stars, right?!

Took my starting weight and surprised to see I was down 2 lbs from before Christmas. Was not expecting that! Still, I definitely gained about 25lbs since this summer. Ugh. Back on the saddle again and all that jazz.

Anyone use Myfitnesspal? Maybe we could all friend up over there if y'all use it to keep one another accountable. I'm DisneyJessa over there.

I would also like to join in!! We are heading to WDW next month but going on our very 1st Disney cruise next November. :cool1: I want to drop about 20 lbs or so. Watching what I eat and walking is what I can afford to do.

I would also like to join in!! We are heading to WDW next month but going on our very 1st Disney cruise next November. :cool1: I want to drop about 20 lbs or so. Watching what I eat and walking is what I can afford to do.

I hear ya! I lose the best when I can go to the gym. But all of the gyms around here are $50 a month and we just cannot afford that right now. Thankfully we have a stationary bike I can use but I have a hard time staying on it for long when I'm at home.

I work in a physical therapist clinic and can use all the equipment in the gym for free but I don't like that. All the patients always want to talk to me and ask insurance question. I'll just walk around the block at home.

I work in a physical therapist clinic and can use all the equipment in the gym for free but I don't like that. All the patients always want to talk to me and ask insurance question. I'll just walk around the block at home.

Ohhh, yeah that wouldn't be the best. Walking is good! I was going to do that today with the kiddo but it's colder than I thought. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter