Losing weight for our weddings!! See new thread.

Has anyone tried the Zumba workout?
Currently I am working out with wii fitness, but a friend of mine started taking a Zumba class at the gym. Just wondered if any of you have done that.
It looks like a fun way to work out.

check out this youtube clip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vf0q6qtThF4

Hey girls,

Just checking in, the holidays were great and today DF and I are going to dinner. Lol, I gave him a gift certificate to a really nice steakhouse around here and he can't wait to use it!

I really LOVE the bodybugg. Today was the first day logging everything and it is really cool to see where you are. I'm also using it in conjunction with WW so I have been logging on both sites.

For those that were curious, I've found Level 1 of the 30 Day Shred burns roughly 220 calories. Not bad for a 20 minute workout!

After this weekend we'll truly be done with family holiday get togethers and it will be so much easier to stay on track.

I do Zumba at my gym, and it is my FAV workout!! It is soooooooo much fun, and you burn over 600 cals/hour!!!

I do Zumba at my gym, and it is my FAV workout!! It is soooooooo much fun, and you burn over 600 cals/hour!!!

WOW!!!I might need to try that again!!!

We got a treadmill on Christmas...lol not a gift but it had been sitting in my parents garage so we took custody. I walked this morning but I only did about .75 of a mile before I couldn't breathe. I am pretty sure I'm developing Asthma as an adult :( We'll do our Wii workout later.

I know a lot of people who love Zumba. I know sometimes the instructors are hit or miss but the DVDs are decent. I've watched them, just not worked out to them ;)

Now that the holidays are over, I can fully commit to my weight loss! I have been on the Weight Watchers program several years ago. I lost quite a bit, but eventually gained it back when life got complicated for me. I have been thinking of re-joining WW. Anyone have any other programs they care to share?

Now that the holidays are over, I can fully commit to my weight loss! I have been on the Weight Watchers program several years ago. I lost quite a bit, but eventually gained it back when life got complicated for me. I have been thinking of re-joining WW. Anyone have any other programs they care to share?

I used to run a Jenny Craig and I think I am going to go on a homemade version of that. It seemed to work really well and the principles of the program kept me on track.

Has anyone tried the Zumba workout?
Currently I am working out with wii fitness, but a friend of mine started taking a Zumba class at the gym. Just wondered if any of you have done that.
It looks like a fun way to work out.

check out this youtube clip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vf0q6qtThF4

I have a friend who started Zumba about six months ago and she's dropped 30 pounds. She LOVES it. I've never tried it, I'm afraid I'm not coordinated enough.

I have been doing WW since late Sept 2008 and have lost close to 25 lbs. I have a little less than 15 to go to meet my goal weight. The past few months I have had a little trouble with motivation and really strictly following the plan, but luckily have mostly maintained my weight. I definitely want to be at my own personal goal for the wedding, so I have been more diligent about following WW. I have started exercising 3-4 times per week and I've bought a bodybugg which allows me to accurately see the calories I'm burning vs. the calories I'm taking in.

The bodybugg, although expensive, has been a great motivator. Being able to see where I am in terms of calories burned gives me the motivation to work out and just to move more in general. It also makes it easier to turn down sweets or unnecessary snacks since I can directly see how it would impact my weight loss.

I was like a rabbit caught in the head lights at my first Weight Watchers meeting, but I was soon welcomed in and my Leader Ruth explained the concept. She helped me decide on a realistic Goal weight that we were both happy with, which was 12kg over the next year. I joined Weight Watchers because I liked the idea of not being told what I could and couldn’t eat and the time and location of the meetings suited too.

thanks

there are some list of wedding favours
Bath and Soap Favors

Color Candle Favors

Cake Top
Bottle Openers

Photo Box

Flower
Doll Favors

Cups

Coaster
Clock Calendar

Card Holder

Candle holder
Candle

Wedding Gift

Calendar
Camera

Guest Book

[

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

How we doing girls??? I'm ok. Threw my back out this past weekend. Wanna know doing what?? Carrying the treadmill upstairs!!:rotfl: How Ironic. I'm feeling much better and even got on the treadmill last night.

Today we are having pizza for lunch at work. I came prepared with fruit and a salad. I will only have ONE piece of pizza and enjoy my salad :thumbsup2 Tonight we are headed out to dinner with friends (Steak!!)

How's everyone else?

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

How we doing girls??? I'm ok. Threw my back out this past weekend. Wanna know doing what?? Carrying the treadmill upstairs!!:rotfl: How Ironic. I'm feeling much better and even got on the treadmill last night.

Today we are having pizza for lunch at work. I came prepared with fruit and a salad. I will only have ONE piece of pizza and enjoy my salad :thumbsup2 Tonight we are headed out to dinner with friends (Steak!!)

How's everyone else?

Oh, I hope your back heals soon!

I have been balancing the bad eating with the good eating. I'm not eating 100% good food, but I do make sure to get 9 servings of veggies/fruit in, and 10 cups of water, so I figure it helps to balance it out. If anyone wants a copy of the checklist I have for this, let me know and I will post it!

I have also majorly up-ed my gym workout! I am trying to go everyday, and I am making sure at least 3 days I do a challenging cardio class (zumba, boxing, etc) and at least 1 day a challenging strength class (power pilates or a dumbell class).

I feel like I am making a huge effort this time....I'm going to not weigh myself for 2 weeks, so that hopefully when I do, I will get a good surprise! (fingers crossed anyway)!

hey ladies I just wanted to share!

I have been doing WW and I am only 2 lbs away from my ideal wedding weight! I feel great and look great, I'm so happy that my dieting is almost over. :woohoo:

Well, I'm here. :( I've been avoiding this thread over the holidays as I have been eating whatever I fancy!

But luckily I only gained 2lb, and I lost 5 in december so the damage isn't so bad.

I am re-joining WW tonight, and am very positive for some awesome weightloss between now and June when we are going to Italy for a couple of days. :)

hey ladies I just wanted to share!

I have been doing WW and I am only 2 lbs away from my ideal wedding weight! I feel great and look great, I'm so happy that my dieting is almost over. :woohoo:

Thats wonderful! :thumbsup2 weldone

I've only been on my diet and exercising for 2 weeks now :goodvibes
but i've lost 7 pounds already
I feel great for doing it, but i have to say i'm hating it! :rotfl:

Hi! Is it too late to join?

I have a little less than 6 months to loose weight. I've always struggled with feeling comfortable in my skin, so i want to make a permanent change by eating well and stop worrying so much about my weight.

I currently weight- 140 lbs ( I gained 10 pounds during my first year of law school :eek: )

Goal Weight- 120 lbs.

So that means i have 20 pounds to lose by January. However, I would like to have most of the weight gone by late october (my first fitting).

I think I'm starting weight watchers with my mom on saturday :)

If anyone has tips for vegetarians, please share!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter