Losing weight for our weddings!! See new thread.

Add me to being bad! I went to my MOH's house to pick her up for my fitting, and she had left over pizza...and I had a slice :sad2:

I was awful today. I had McDonalds :(

I stayed home today from work and I find being homme leads me to really bad habits, lol. And what's worse is that I am now on xmas break so no work for 2 weeks! Ahhhh, bad thing for my diet.

Once I'm back at work I plan on hitting the diet hard. We will be moving as of Jan. 5 so that will be a good workout ;)

I was bad today too, holiday party at work. But I knew I would be bad here and there before christmas and then start seriously on the diet again afterwards. I do still plan to workout at least 3x a week to get into a routine in the meantime.

Add me to being bad! I went to my MOH's house to pick her up for my fitting, and she had left over pizza...and I had a slice :sad2:

Girls:rotfl: What is going on??!? Lol, let's get back on track!!

I was pretty good last night...but for good reason. Df just went to the doctor and his bloodwork came back abnormal for his liver:sad2: The doctor has given him 6 weeks to lose weight and start eating healthier. He's really stressed about it. So last night we began our DAILY workout (he's really freaked). I made asparagus and baked chicken (with a buttermilk crunchy topping thanks to Cook Yourself Thin). I did have 2 homemade chocolate cookies last night...but only 2!!

My body hurts SO bad today, lol. Let's have a good weekend girls!!

i've been doing pretty good. which i'm surprised at because i was so stressed with school! but not its over so I don't have to worry. I guess all the running toned my somach? I noticed a difference....but I haven't lost any weight? weird...

I agree we all need to be good this weekend...tho my DF is a BAD influence and we are making christmas cookies on sunday....which will be hard :sad2:

Good luck dears

i've been doing pretty good. which i'm surprised at because i was so stressed with school! but not its over so I don't have to worry. I guess all the running toned my somach? I noticed a difference....but I haven't lost any weight? weird...

I agree we all need to be good this weekend...tho my DF is a BAD influence and we are making christmas cookies on sunday....which will be hard :sad2:

Good luck dears

Muscle weighs more than fat!! So if you did tone than you wouldn't necessarily notice a weight loss.

I'm making Christmas cookies...but giving most of them away!!

Muscle weighs more than fat!! So if you did tone than you wouldn't necessarily notice a weight loss.

I'm making Christmas cookies...but giving most of them away!!

hmm....wasn't even thinking about that! I need to break this block i've been having and start loosing again

DF will eat 95% of them so i don't have to worry too much :rotfl:

Have fun baking yours!

Girls:rotfl: What is going on??!? Lol, let's get back on track!!

I was pretty good last night...but for good reason. Df just went to the doctor and his bloodwork came back abnormal for his liver:sad2: The doctor has given him 6 weeks to lose weight and start eating healthier. He's really stressed about it. So last night we began our DAILY workout (he's really freaked). I made asparagus and baked chicken (with a buttermilk crunchy topping thanks to Cook Yourself Thin). I did have 2 homemade chocolate cookies last night...but only 2!!

My body hurts SO bad today, lol. Let's have a good weekend girls!!

lol, I know, it should be how to NOT lose weight for our weddings :lmao:. I think after the holidays are over it'll be a lot easier. Okay, okay must try to be mostly on track. DF is going to an office party tonight so I'll be on my own for dinner, so I'll just have something healthy like chicken and veggies and do my Jillian workout. Maybe a greek yogurt for a treat. I love the chobani greek yogurt with the fruit. :lovestruc

I was also looking into getting a HRM to track my workouts but decided I'm going to get a bodybugg instead! The HRM I was looking at was only $30 cheaper and the bodybugg tracks all calories burned and I think will be much better for figuring out weight loss. Costco.com has a great deal on it, $40 off and a free 1 yr membership to the website. After the year is over the website membership is around $14 a month, which isn't too bad. I'll let you ladies know how it is. :thumbsup2

Do any of you use workout games on Wii? We bought one for xmas (it is sitting under the tree wrapped up!) and DF wants a few ideas for me, so I am thinking perhaps one of the Wii games would be good?

I haven't used any of the workout games but I've heard the EA Sports ones are good. I don't know how tough of a workout they are though especially if you go to the gym all the time. I know people that have lost weight by playing some of the games, like boxing, but these were people that weren't very active to begin with.

Either way the Wii is lots of fun! We really like the Lego Star Wars game, if you or DF is a Star Wars fan you'll get a kick out of it.

Thanks for the advice! Yah, I don't expect it to be like a big workout, but i figure that if I am doing the more active ones, at least I am burning more calories than sitting watching TV!!

We use Wii Active and love it!! We used it last night for a 20 minute workout and can barely move today!! Plus they just came out with extra games for it!!

Thanks for the tip on Wii Active. We looked into it today, but we figured there is no point in that since we already go to the gym. We are going to just look for fun games that require movement, so that we have a hidden workout ontop of the gym!

I realized that it is going to be impossible to eat healthy this week! I am just going to make sure I hit the gym everyday until xmas, and do the best workout I can while there!

Happy Monday...just checking in!! We did a 45 minute workout last night and my body is killing me!! I am already starting to feel better after just 3 days of eating healthier and working out!! We plan on working out again tonight since Thur and Fri we will have NO time!

How's everyone doing?

I don't have time for the gym today, since we need to celebrate our first xmas tonight (which we are going out of town for). I'm gonna do the Jillian DVD I bought in the summer, I think 3 circuits plus warm up and cool down should be at least 20 mins!

Hey everyone! I'm off this week so just woke up a little while ago, lol. But once I get moving I'm going to do Jillian's No More Trouble Zones - I do 4 circuits and a warm-up / cool-down. I did Burn Fat Boost Metablolism (the cardio one) on Saturday and that one just kills me, but I'm only a little sore which is good. It's amazing how quickly your body can adjust to doing these things. The first time I was seriously sore, like could hardly move sore for a week! I also take a quick bath post workout with Epsom salts, so maybe that helps the soreness too?

Then it'll be a healthy lunch. Maybe hummus, chicken and tomatoes on a sandwich thin with some fruit on the side. This week since I know there will be times I really can't eat that healthy, I'm going to focus on working out and eating healthy MOST of the time. I'm the type of person that if I deprive myself it'll backfire and eventually I'll go on a crazy binge and throw the whole thing out the window. So better to indulge here and there instead.

After that I really have to wrap presents. We got a ton of snow here and can't even get out the back door but only have one set of keys for the front, so I let DF take those today so he could make copies, so no leaving the house today for me.

Have a great day everyone!

hey girls, i havent been here in a bit! ive been so busy lately, thats kicked me off track ...... I agree this week is not the week to check in with your weight :lmao:

I think starting Monday Im going back to the gym and starting the special K diet (or my version of it)

I've started to gain a couple pounds since i stopped WW:eek: hopefully i can get myself back on track quickly-although i still have almost an entire 9 months til the wedding ( im giving myself 8 to reach my goal)

Good luck with the holiday foods everyone!!

I did a hard workout at the gym yesterday, but don't have time to go today :eek: However, I have been cleaning all morning, so at least that will have burnt some calories. My BFF (and MOH) is coming over tonight, but I have a healthy dinner planned to balance out the cookies and wine!

Hey Girls,

Just checking in, I got my Bodybugg yesterday and have started using it today. It is the coolest thing. It calculates how many calories you should be eating and how many you need to burn to give you the weight loss you want. I put that I wanted to lose 24 lbs at around 1 lb per week, and it says I will reach my goal by June 6th. It's really exciting to have a tangible day. Of course I need to follow the system, but actually knowing makes it so fun!

Today I cleaned the apartment and wrapped presents and burned 1087 calores, 455 of those were just from cleaning the apartment!

Now I'm off to workout, curious to see how many calories 30 Day Shred level 1 burns. Then I have to start making myself presentable for dinner tonight, lol.

Have a Merry Christmas!

I've been eating less, not working out but I take the stairs everywhere and walking as much as I can. Walking the mall counts as exercise, right? ;)

Tonight is a huge meal for my family, Cubans eat super fatty food on Christmas Eve. So tonight we're having pork leg, rice and black beans, yuca with oily garlic sauce... ugh I swear this meal will kill all my hard work.

And tomorrow is worse... breakfast in the AM, then dinner is an italian feast of lasagne, sausage and peppers and garlic bread. I am going to hit that Wii Fit and Wii Active so bad next week!

Oh, the bodybugg sounds interesting, I am going to look into it!

DF and I actually woke up early today and went to the gym! The next day and a half will be bad food, but at least we will probably be playing Wii all day since we bought one for xmas!

My new goal is to try and loose 15 to 20 lbs by April! I know that is a lot, but I also know that if I REALLY try at something, more often than not, I can do it!
This pretty much means having to loose about 2lbs a week, so it will be tough!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter