Losing weight for our weddings!! See new thread.

The 10 Week Summer Weight Loss Challenge!!

Right ladies, I think it is a lot more beneficial to break up your weight loss into little chunks. :)

So I have invented our first challenge!

I have decided that I want to lose 18lbs but August 16th. :) If you all let me know what you would like to lose by then I'll edit the chart. :)

WLchart.png

We are now on week one, and will count losses between Monday (1st June) and this Sunday (7th). So If you weight in between then please let me know! :)

think I'll also do a big overall weight loss tracker in the first post too so we cna see how we're doing cumulatively!

I don't mind starting the honesty! I got down to 158lbs last year, which was the lightest I'd ever been since growing through it at puberty! This year when I finally got bravest to go back on the scales I was 193! :scared1: I was sooo upset as when I started WW 2 years ago I was over 200 and I worked so hard to get my body back to a healthy weight! But now I'm back to being a size 16 (US size 12), miserable and worst of all a medically unsafe weight! My ideal BMI weight is 128 and would love to get married being the perfect weight to be 100% healthy, luckily I have a long time!

Great idea Tor! And brave of you for starting the honesty! Well done you for doing so well at WW before, and you will do it again! Especially if we all help each other! A chart/table would be great :goodvibes

I guess that means I'm next to go? :scared: Well, when I started going out with DF I was a size 8 (US 4) - granted I was only 18 - and then Uni happened, where I stopped playing rugby and dancing, and my student loan went on pub lunches and crap. I did do a stint at WW about about 3 years ago, but lost motivation and just gave it up. Cue piling on even more pounds. Now I'm a lot more motivated and I WANT to lose weight, now up to a size 14/16 (US 10/12).

Did anyone see the programme with Claire from Steps on it?! I think that was my turning point! I just thought "WOW!" if she can do it, and get married in a size 10 dress, then so can I!! So I joined WW again - monthly pass so I HAVE to go as I've already paid for it. My first week on 13/5 I weighed in at 13st8lbs (190lbs) - gutted. My goal weight is 10st8lbs (148lbs) to lose 3st (42lbs), but I would absolutely LOVE to see 9st (126lbs) again! Heck, at this point, I'd love to see 11st again!!

So 3 weeks into WW, just went to Weigh In and Meeting this morning, and I've lost another 2.5lbs, which makes it 7.5lbs so far!! Over half a stone, and I'm sooooo pleased! Seeing the weight drop off is enough to keep me motivated!

Sorry, was that a bit too long, and a bit too 'Hi, my name is Hayley, and I'm addicted to food?'! :rotfl:

Great idea Tor! And brave of you for starting the honesty! Well done you for doing so well at WW before, and you will do it again! Especially if we all help each other! A chart/table would be great :goodvibes

I guess that means I'm next to go? :scared: Well, when I started going out with DF I was a size 8 (US 4) - granted I was only 18 - and then Uni happened, where I stopped playing rugby and dancing, and my student loan went on pub lunches and crap. I did do a stint at WW about about 3 years ago, but lost motivation and just gave it up. Cue piling on even more pounds. Now I'm a lot more motivated and I WANT to lose weight, now up to a size 14/16 (US 10/12).

Did anyone see the programme with Claire from Steps on it?! I think that was my turning point! I just thought "WOW!" if she can do it, and get married in a size 10 dress, then so can I!! So I joined WW again - monthly pass so I HAVE to go as I've already paid for it. My first week on 13/5 I weighed in at 13st8lbs (190lbs) - gutted. My goal weight is 10st8lbs (148lbs) to lose 3st (42lbs), but I would absolutely LOVE to see 9st (126lbs) again! Heck, at this point, I'd love to see 11st again!!

So 3 weeks into WW, just went to Weigh In and Meeting this morning, and I've lost another 2.5lbs, which makes it 7.5lbs so far!! Over half a stone, and I'm sooooo pleased! Seeing the weight drop off is enough to keep me motivated!

Sorry, was that a bit too long, and a bit too 'Hi, my name is Hayley, and I'm addicted to food?'! :rotfl:
Thanks for joining in Hayley! :)

I'd love to see 11 stone again too!! :) Hopefully by Florida, but this is the first time I've not wanted my trip to be this close!!

I'll get on sorting out a table ASAP. :)

Well done with your weight loss so far! You've done amazing!

So have you!! When you think about it, our leader showed a can of heinz baked beans to the class this morning - that is a pound. It's a lot when you think about it like that!

I know what you mean, I'm worried that I'll put all the weight back on when we go and I'll have to start again. I am going to treat myself a bit, but I'll have to keep motivated and work out like mad when I get back!

So have you!! When you think about it, our leader showed a can of heinz baked beans to the class this morning - that is a pound. It's a lot when you think about it like that!

I know what you mean, I'm worried that I'll put all the weight back on when we go and I'll have to start again. I am going to treat myself a bit, but I'll have to keep motivated and work out like mad when I get back!
I bet you'll be surprised and not gain a load! You'll be doing so much walking! :)

The tickers will have either [ URL ] or [ IMG ] tags round tehm, just make sure in your signature code that the last one of your holiday ticker ] touches the first [ of your weight loss one. :)

I don't know about you guys, btu I have aways found lunches hard on a diet, but lately I think I've cracked it.

Today I have ryvita with extra light cream cheese, ham and cucumber, a plain salad, and some cous cous.

It is really tasty and filling and only 6.5 WW points! :)

Hello I am Stacey and I am a FOOD BAG. I too am a food addict and i once ate 10 creme eggs in one go - along with many many other bad BAD things... you name it- ive eaten it - by the bucket load.

I am starting my diet today as the scales reached 12st 4!!! (174.9 pounds!!!!!)

and the other day i went to try on a pair of size 16 jeans and they wouldnt budge past my butt!!!

I used to be a slim and toned size 10 when i first met Wayne (nearly 4 years ago) and my tummy was so flat and rock hard with all my sit ups & crunches i used to do (about 100 per day) i have to admit i fancied my body back then- esp my tummy, and i was proud of it. I never starved myself, i just never ate crap and only had fun with food at the weekend. (plus i was at school and was running around up and down stairs all day!)

Although my darling DF says i am beautiful and wants me to stay as i am, we all know how comfortable we are with our bodys and we know when we dont feel sexy. I dont feel sexy at this weight, which leads me to not wear nice clothes (now i wear baggy tshirts to cover my huge belly! haha) and i said to Wayne the other day i felt 'comfortable in it' - BADDDDDDD - that is what i never wanted me to say!

So yeah, my diet is starting today and i will let you all know what i am upto with the whole food thing in my diet as i usually eat about 5000 calories a day and i will be taking it down to like 1500!

oooh the drama begins!

This is what i will be roughly eating every day, exept the dinners will change from salads & chicken to wholemeal pasta in tomato sauce with sweetcorn every night i will change what dinner i will have but it will either be the salad or pasta.

Morning:

Fat Free Strawberry youghurt (cheap smart price, no posh stuff)
Handfuls of blueberries, strawberries and raspberries.

Lunch:

Salad, consisting of lettuce, cabbage, sweetcorn, carrots, cucumber, beetroot, green olives & onions.
1/2tbsp of light herb & garlic dressing & bacon soya pieces sprinkled on top (lots of these bacon bits!!)

Dinner:

Salad with grilled (spiced / seasoned) chicken breast fillet with 3 small boiled potatoes.

3 or 4 teas with semi skimmed milk & 1 sugar
Water to drink

Strawberries to snack on
Grapes to snack on
Watermelon to snack on

I am staying clear of bread and carbs as much as i can this week and i will only be having small portions of the wholemeal pasta.

Scroll back up to the top! Summer weight loss challenge added! :)

Welcome aboard Stacey!! :)

Hey everyone! Everyone here seems to have a great attitude and outlook on waistloss (i.e. not looking for a quick fix). I have a degree in nutritional science and I have some experience with weight loss: gained 30 lbs in college, and then lost 40 lbs and have kept them off for about 4 years. So I thought I'd share some of my tips and advice if you'd like:

1) Stacey great job on recording your food for the day. I was in weight watchers and while recording everything you eat can be difficult and hard to maintain, it's great to start with to make you aware of what you actually are eating. All those bites here and snacks there REALLY can add up. If you can, (or are neurotic like me) even invest in a food scale so you can accurately see what portions you are consuming.

2) Follow the 90/10 rule. 90% of the time (or the food) should be high quality, nutrient dense foods- veggies, fruits, complex/whole grain carbs, proteins etc... and 10 % you should eat what you want. When I was on WW, 6 days I was on the program, and the 7th I eat what I wanted. I didn't go overboard, and still recorded it, but this way I was never consumed by cravings.

3) Don't avoid fat. Fat itself is necessary so pick "healthy" fats- i.e. not processed fats. Olive oils, avocados, some studies even say bacon contains these "healthy fats." Just avoid the processed stuff most of the time.

4) Get moving. While cutting out calories alone can stimulate weight loss, being active makes you feel better and speeds up the loss.

5) Eat! Don't cut out too many calories too quickly or your body will go into starvation mode and you may even gain weight. It may take a while to find at what calorie count works best, you may need to add or subtract.

6) Don't fall into a rut. While variety can lead to over eating (at one meal because you tend to make some of every item) don't eat the same meal every day. You can get bored and "fall of the wagon."

7) Focus more on self awareness and changing habits rather than a quick fix, because yo-yo-ing is very unhealthful...even more so than just being slightly overweight.

8) Don't get discouraged. This is going to take a while, but remember if you loss it fast, you can gain it back fast. So slow and steady is the name of the game.

And finally 9) Set realistic goals. I've tried to lose more pounds, but my body really likes being around 120-125, and I'm ok with that. I'd rather do that, then starve for the rest of my life to maintain a lower weight.

Also on diets: I did my independent of types of diets, specifically high protein diets, and truth is, most diets work equally well. You need a mix of nutrients (carbs/protein/fats) so don't cut out one group. Find one that is easiest for you, or better yet, focus more of lifestyle changes than diets because that is the key to maintenance.

OK, getting off soapbox. Hope that helped!

:flower3::cheer2:

Thanks for all the great tips Samantha! :)

I definitely find keeping track of everything I eat and drink helps LOADS! :) And I have scales too and make sure to measure stuff like pasta and rice and cereal so I know my portions are perfect. :)

As soon as I stop weighing my portions my weight loss slows down!

Thanks for the tips Samantha! They're great! Tracking or writing everything down really finds me I help - when it comes to eating that candy bar or not, you find you don't want to write it down.

YAY Stace!! It sounds as though you're doing really well so far! I would never say that you need to lose weight, you look fab in your TR pics, of course if you're not happy in your own skin then you have to do what you need to do :)

I never used to eat breakfast, but now I've started eating a toasted bagel with extra light soft cheese every morning. Something like a WW soup for lunch, or a wrap with salad, and I have a similar tea to what I would normally have, I've just changed it up a bit! E.g. I had chilli with rice and garlic bread last night - instead of 500g mince between us, I use 250g lean mince and believe or not it goes just as far. Instead of 1/2 garlic baguette, I have 2 slices of Tesco Light Choices Garlic Bread at 1pt each. I use Uncle Ben's boil in the bag rice, so I know exactly how much rice I'm having (62.5g lol). I've cut out 'full fat' soft drinks which are my weakness (esp. Lucozade and Coke!) and I've only had 1 alcoholic drink in the time I've been doing WW. I snack on things like satsumas, WW Yoghurts, and WW Choc bars which are delicious and don't taste like low fat choc bars at all! Feels like a real treat and only 1.5pts each!

Thanks for the tips Samantha! They're great! Tracking or writing everything down really finds me I help - when it comes to eating that candy bar or not, you find you don't want to write it down.

YAY Stace!! It sounds as though you're doing really well so far! I would never say that you need to lose weight, you look fab in your TR pics, of course if you're not happy in your own skin then you have to do what you need to do :)

I never used to eat breakfast, but now I've started eating a toasted bagel with extra light soft cheese every morning. Something like a WW soup for lunch, or a wrap with salad, and I have a similar tea to what I would normally have, I've just changed it up a bit! E.g. I had chilli with rice and garlic bread last night - instead of 500g mince between us, I use 250g lean mince and believe or not it goes just as far. Instead of 1/2 garlic baguette, I have 2 slices of Tesco Light Choices Garlic Bread at 1pt each. I use Uncle Ben's boil in the bag rice, so I know exactly how much rice I'm having (62.5g lol). I've cut out 'full fat' soft drinks which are my weakness (esp. Lucozade and Coke!) and I've only had 1 alcoholic drink in the time I've been doing WW. I snack on things like satsumas, WW Yoghurts, and WW Choc bars which are delicious and don't taste like low fat choc bars at all! Feels like a real treat and only 1.5pts each!
I looove chilli and bologaise and stuff mincey.

but what we do now is have quorn mince, and we also have quorn instead of chicken in fajitas or curries etc and quorn is sooooo few points, like 1 point a portion! It's great!!

AND I don't have to worry about cooking it thoroughly or reheating it etc. :)

Did you guys see my 10 week summer weight loss challenge on the 2nd post?

Let me know how much weight you'd like to lose by mid-august! :)

Oh Torsie, I would love a pair of those WW scales, but £40! I might bite the bullet and get some in summer though.

Or even just a pair of decent scales. We got some cheap ones when we moved in and they're absolutely rubbish - sometimes the line doesn't move at all! I think I need some digi ones!

Oh Torsie, I would love a pair of those WW scales, but £40! I might bite the bullet and get some in summer though.

Or even just a pair of decent scales. We got some cheap ones when we moved in and they're absolutely rubbish - sometimes the line doesn't move at all! I think I need some digi ones!
Lol, I dont have the WW scales! I got some £7 salter electronic ones from sainsburys! Think I may have even used my nectar points!

OMG The weight tracker is so cute!! I'd like to lose 16lbs I think, as then that will mean I'd have lost a stone and a half! I usually weigh in at WW on Weds mornings, so then I'll check in straight here! I lost 2.5lbs this morning :)

Is the Quorn mince tasty? - I've seen it has crazy low points! I love things with mince, like chilli, spag bol, burgers, etc... but mince has a lot of points! Even the extra lean one! And I haven't seen any 250g extra lean packs. I've been thinking of trying the quorn actually!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter