Losing weight for Mickey

I would love to join in!

Name: Lisa
Type of diet: Counting points-WW, lots of water!!
Excercise: Walking treadmill, crunches
Start date of diet: 12/30/07
Goal: 175
Weight at start of diet: 236.8
Weight loss to date: 6.2
Hurdles: Big stress eater!!!
We are headed to WDW middle of March, I would love to lose ten percent by then.

I am making sure I drink 64 oz of water by noon every day since I started, then the rest of the day I keep on going!

Hi everyone - I was going to join you here and mention the great resource of sparkpeople.com but decided to do a quick search at Spark first and found someone had started a team there already. You might want to take a look, its free - they really do have great resources for tracking food, excercise, etc and great people too! - Judie

Hi everyone - I was going to join you here and mention the great resource of sparkpeople.com but decided to do a quick search at Spark first and found someone had started a team there already. You might want to take a look, its free - they really do have great resources for tracking food, excercise, etc and great people too! - Judie

I went to the website - seems ok. I still think its a good idea for everyone on here to report in at least once a week and let everyone know how they are doing - were on here all the time anyway, right?!?. Also, I was thinking that we should each have a "buddy" that we chat with over emails about once a week, just to keep each other motivated.
If I get positive feedback on the "buddy" idea, I will group everyone up and let you know who your buddy is.
Let me know!

I went to the website - seems ok. I still think its a good idea for everyone on here to report in at least once a week and let everyone know how they are doing - were on here all the time anyway, right?!?. Also, I was thinking that we should each have a "buddy" that we chat with over emails about once a week, just to keep each other motivated.
If I get positive feedback on the "buddy" idea, I will group everyone up and let you know who your buddy is.
Let me know!

I second the buddy idea! It would really help keep people motivated.
:yay:

-Becca-

I'm in:

Name: Kristine
Exercise: Gym (for cardio and weights), water aerobics, and an adult hip hop class :)
Diet: Weight Watchers
Start Date: 1/1/08
Goal: To be in better shape...and if I lose 35 pounds doing it...so be it!:rotfl: Also I would like to end my addiction to diet soda. Yesterday I made it all day with just 1!!! I have to go slowly due to the headaches :headache:
Weight Loss to Date: 3 lbs.
Hurdles: Salty Snack/Diet Soda during nighttime TV addiction and I have PCOS...which always makes it tough to lose weight and keep it off.

Let me know!

You can buddy me up!

Hi
I lost 38 lbs. at LA Weightloss and kept it off for 5 years. Now that I'm eating again, I've put some of it back on. I'd love to be a buddy with someone. Please count me in. I might be the oldest on here.
58 years old and would like to weigh 145. My DD and I bought a glider and instead of using it for a clothes rack, I think I'll start exercising with it. Thanks for everyones help!!
Joan

The buddy idea sounds great! Today was my hardest this week. But, I know I'm having pizza for dinner, so I just had to keep reminding myself that my reward was coming!

ok, I peeked at the scale today!!! 260 lbs right on the nose :scared1: I am soooo depressed right now... but not quitting...
My goal is to be more active, cut down on the salt...chips, pop. :sad1:
I'll keep you guys posted... and yes to the buddy systems, anything to help each other.:goodvibes

ok, I peeked at the scale today!!! 260 lbs right on the nose :scared1: I am soooo depressed right now... but not quitting...
My goal is to be more active, cut down on the salt...chips, pop. :sad1:
I'll keep you guys posted... and yes to the buddy systems, anything to help each other.:goodvibes

Don't be depressed! I know its hard, I mean, the reason I'm on this diet is because I cought a glimps of my nude butt in the mirror -I didn't know a hiney could have that many dimples! :scared1: But it has motovated me to do it! I know I've done it before losing almost 50 lbs, and I know I can do it again. My whole family (mother, father, sisters & brothers) is grosly over weight, and I plan to be the one skinny (or something close to it) one in the family!

I can do it and so can you​

There is no magic pill, but there is magic within ourselves, and with everyone pulling together on this board, I know we can all do it! :grouphug:

i am down to 147.2 this morning. I am so excited to be close to my goal. Honestly, I am happy where I am even. I put on a pair of my old size 7s this morning and they were even a bit loose, but I am still gonna try for 130. I do not know about everyone else, but I have to weigh everyday. I even take my scales on vacation with me. It is most likely not healthy.

i am down to 147.2 this morning. I am so excited to be close to my goal. Honestly, I am happy where I am even. I put on a pair of my old size 7s this morning and they were even a bit loose, but I am still gonna try for 130. I do not know about everyone else, but I have to weigh everyday. I even take my scales on vacation with me. It is most likely not healthy.

OMG, size 7. I was born a size 7!!! Congratulations on you weight loss!! I have to weigh myself everyday too, and also write down everything I eat. When I went to WW years ago, the woman running the meeting would say, "you bite it, you write it". Good luck everyone!!!

Hello all, its me Sarah. Well, I started this thread, and I brought up the idea of a buddy system, so now I have put everyone into their own buddy support system. I tried very hard to put everyone together by weight, diet, and/or what exercise your doing. I hope everyone is happy with the outcome! If you don't feel that you want a buddy, please contact me privately, and I will take you off the list.

Weight Loss Supporters List as follows:

SharpMomOfTwo
flipflop

tchrrx
brymolmom

disneyjeremymom
ChevyNat

fortheluvofpooh
AMaloy314

Suzanna1973
princesskimberella

TinaLala
chiefdragon

Not so Dumbo
momof3girls6712

DISNEYFOS
dreamer17555

bebelle
disnut1149

twins4disney
emma'smom

momz
tttessa

Tnkrbelle565
tina_la

ljhmom
SharpMomOfTwo

So far there are 25 of us, and I think thats great! Also, I was thinking it would be a nice incentive if every Monday everyone on this "Weightloss for Mickey" thread contacts me privatley telling me exactly how much they have lost for the week. I'll total it up, and we can see what we've lost together as a team!

GO US!

I love this....a support group online...you guys rock!!!:thumbsup2

Name: Suzanna
Diet: WW-count points
Exercise: Ablounger and Treadmill
Goal weight: 142 lbs
Starting Weight: 237 lbs
Current Weight: 216 lbs
Total Weight Loss: 21 lbs
Have been on WW since May of 2007. Lost 30lbs but gave up WW for holidays.....grrrr 9 lbs back!!!!
obstacles: chocolate and bread!!!:confused3
We leave for WDW in May and I want to be thin!!!!!

Ladies....I love ya!! God Bless and God Speed on healthy weight loss...
2008 is lookin great....for the DISERS!!!

We are leaving in May also! I want to be 20 lbs lighter!

I have been trying to eat better, but I really blew it starting in October. My shocking moment was seeing vacation pictures from last year. I really want to look better in my vacation photos! When I married 7 years ago, I was 127 lbs and wore a size 6. Now, two kids and a bad thyroid later, I am up to a whopping 165 lbs and wear a 14.

Name: Susan
Diet: Trying to eat less and make better choices (ie less sweets, less refined carbs, and more protein, fruits and veggies)
Exercise: walking
Goal weight: 145 lbs
Starting Weight: 173
Current Weight: 165 lbs
Total Weight Loss: 8 lbs
Have been eating better since June 2007, but the holidays did me it!!!!!:confused3
obstacles: sweets, salsa and chips
We leave for WDW in May and I want to look good in pictures!!!!!:woohoo:

I'm in if there is still room!

Name: Terry
Diet: Trying to eat less and make better choices
Exercise: walking with Leslie Sansone-got the wii
Goal weight: 150 lbs
Starting Weight: 186
Current Weight: 186 lbs
Total Weight Loss: 0 lbs!!!
part of a "biggest loser" team in school - lost 25 pounds before DL trip last year only to put that +++ more on!:mad:
obstacles: STRESS! Love carbos! Vegetarian.

Just discovered the thread and would love to join.:) I don't have another Disney trip planned yet :sad1: but we visit my grandparents in Cape Coral, FL in April - swimsuits and pasty white skin!

Name: Emily
Diet: WW Points
Exercise: Yoga
Goal weight: 145 (My pre-kids weight)
Other goal: I want to be able to wear my wedding rings again!
Starting Weight: 181 lbs.
Start date: 1/2/08
obstacles: chocolate, cheese, VERY skinny DH who eats and eats, eating the kids leftovers (what is wrong with me?)

If we get a new person looking for a buddy, just let me know.
Go girls!:cheer2:

I need the motivation to stay focused. If I have to check in with people I think that will help, I don't want to be the one to not stick to the plan!!!

Name: Jackie
Diet: lower calories and cut down on carbs
Exercise: Pilates, walking
Current weight: 196
Goal weight: 140
start date: 1/4/08
obstacles: sweets, soda and late night snacking, I also work at home and sit in front of the computer for hours.

I just want to feel better, look better and be healthy!! This is a great idea!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter