Losing weight for Mickey

SharpMomOfTwo

DIS Veteran
Hello all -

My family and I are going to Disney 12/9-12/16 this year (2008), and I have decided that I do not want to be wider than Mickey Mouse on our trip! I was thinking that we could have a support group for thoes of us that are on diets. We can tell eachother what kind of diet we are on, excercise that were doing, and how its working for us. Let us know of great recepies from the diet your on! We can keep eachother going when we come face to face with a piece of chocolate cake that just seems to be screaming our name!

I'll start:

Name: Sarah
Type of diet: Low-Carb
Excercise: Walking treadmill and outside, situps.
Start date of diet: 1/1/08
Goal: 135
Weight at start of diet: 225.5
Weight loss to date: 2 lbs (223.5)

We can post our achievments weekley from the day that you started your diet - i.e. I started on Tuesday for the new year, so I'll post again every Tuesday.

GOOD LUCK ALL!

I have been trying (although I hate when people say that and aren't really trying anything - I've been TALKING about trying but not really doing it) to lose 30 or so pounds for a year. I even paid $175 for a Weight Watchers group at work that I did NOT stick to - so money down the drain that COULD have been used for WDW. My trip is scheduled for 3/4 and I'm hoping I'm down at least half of my goal by then.

Name: Karen
Diet: WW and exercise (I WANT to get in the exercise habit)
hurdles to overcome: Bad at temptation when it is in front of me - and a 4 and 5 year old that take a lot of time.
Exercise: Stationary bike at home plus crunches - at the YMCA - treadmill, aerobics classes, swimming
Start date: 1/2/2008
Goal: 145
Weight at start: 175
Weight loss to date: 0

This time I WILL do it.......

Check out the W.I.S.H board down in the Just For Fun boards.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. This sounds wonderful!!! I too am starting my diet so I will not be big for our disney vacation in November 2008. I am starting weight watchers officially Monday.

Name: Erika
Weight: 255
Goal: 190 by November

Want to lose weight before our Sept 2008 trip. Still trying to lose baby weight from #3 and he'll be 2 this month (moan). Not sure what type of diet or exercise routine to try. I'm only 4'11 so a little weight looks like a lot on me.

weight: don't know/ haven't looked in 2 years
diet plan: walking/ maybe low carb? not sure best route
downfall: sugar
goal: total of prob 50 lbs or so

hi my name is Lori and I am an overacheiver... At eating that is :rotfl:
we are heading back to the world in November (hopefully) and I too intend to be skinnier than Mickey, not as skinny as Cinderella, somewhere in the middle.

so here I am
Lori
age 39 (until September) looks like I am the oldest one so faru. ugh
start weight, don't know but had to put on size 16 jeans for the first time in my life!
goal weight, don't know want to be in a size 12 comfortable. I am a tall girl 5'9" so I carry my weight well, you would never guess I am in a 16, but I know it and that is what counts.
I actually officially started dieting today, knew the holidays would never allow me to start sooner.
My diet consist of no more tastycakes, no more soda, no more junk. and I am trying to treadmill but usually don't have the time, so diet for me is hopefully the key
oh I do bowl and play tennis on Wii that Santa brought the kids.

wow that was long
:rolleyes1

Hello all, this is great - I don't have to diet alone! For those who are thinking of doing a low carb as am I, there are things to keep in mind. First, the reason I'm doing it is because I know it works for me... they say my blood type (O Neg) is the best for a low carb life style, but it is a diet that is very very hard to keep up for a long period of time. The longest I've done with it is about 4-5 months, and I lost a good amount of weight, like 45 pounds. But I really really, very very much like my sweets... don't know how I'm going to combat that one for the length that I'm on the diet, but I (and everyone else) have to keep a positive outlook on this! I want to be thin again like when I first met DH!

So to everyone who has joined me
:welcome:

Just remember everyone - We Can Do This!

I'd love to join you all!! I would love to get off 15-20 lbs that just keeps hanging around after baby #3. I can't call it baby weight anymore since he is now 2&1/2. I've never been excessively active, (I hate to sweat!!) so I've been patting myself on the back for playing wii bowling and tennis with kids. I've even graduated to wii boxing in the last week. How pathetic is it that I count that as exercise?!? Realistically, I know that I am not going to be able to get out to do walking until spring, so I guess Wii is better than nothing.

Name: Anna
Diet: Cut out junk food and stop eating late.
hurdles to overcome: Lack of exercise. Family of picky eaters.
Exercise: Wii. Trying to learn yoga
Start date: 1/2/2008
Goal: 130
Weight at start: 150 ?

Count me in! I did WW a couple of years ago, met goal and maintained for a year. Then, I fell back into my old habits. So...here we go again!

Name: Holly
Diet: WW- count points. Quit eating stuff just b/c it's there.
hurdles to overcome: Lack of exercise. Trying to find healthy meals to fix.
Exercise: Wii. Hopefully I'll start hitting the treadmill too.
Start date: 12/31/2008
Goal: 130 (at least by WDW in June. Would really like to see 125!)
Weight at start: 143

I love this....a support group online...you guys rock!!!:thumbsup2

Name: Suzanna
Diet: Jenny Craig (can't trust myself...need help!)
Exercise: Ablounger and Treadmill
Goal weight: 142 lbs
Starting Weight: 237 lbs
Current Weight: 217 lbs
Total Weight Loss: 20 lbs
Have been on WW since May of 2007. Lost 30lbs but gave up WW for holidays.....grrrr 10 lbs back!!!!
obstacles: chocolate and bread!!!:confused3
We leave for WDW in May and I want to be thin!!!!!

Ladies....I love ya!! God Bless and God Speed on healthy weight loss...
2008 is lookin great....for the DISERS!!!

Hi everyone I am Kimmie and I really need to do this... I can tell my wieght is really making feel crappy physically and emotionally. Plus DH told me if I can back into my wedding dress by our 10 year Anniversary we can renew our vows at Disney !! So I am gonna make him eat his words LOL !!!

Name: KImmie
Diet: WW- count points.
hurdles to overcome: Telling my friends that NO I do not want to go out to breakfast or lunch while the kids are in school ( seriosly this happens at least 4 times a week)
Exercise: Walking outside / at the mall till the weather breaks. Yoga twice a week
Start date: 1/2/08
Goal: 160 by summer time !!
Weight at start: 240

Okay you got me!! Only because the people who seem to be logging in are REAL women! I know I'll get flammed for this, but it's true. The average woman is overweight - above 170lbs and usually in the 200s. I say together we can do it!

I'm going to Disney in April 2008 and hope to be alittle bit smaller in order to drive the 24 hours down from MA. Right now I'm about 230lbs and need to kick those 30lbs to get at the 200 mark.

Treadmill, aerobics and yoga bands.
Just finished a 35min workout and boy am I tired. I'm also doing the Special K diet (K for breakfast and lunch and then a normal dinner with little snacks in between.

WE CAN DO IT!!!

Name: Angie
Diet: WW- count points.
hurdles to overcome: Staying out of the kitchen. Stress eater
Exercise: Treadmill, bike, and Deep Water Running (Which I am teaching)
Start date: 12/1/07
Goal: 150 by June
Weight at start: 207
Weight loss to date: 7

I made a promise to my DD (who is 2) that I would be skinner for her birthday party in June (the 21st to be exact)

Name:Jenny
Diet: Atkins
Excerise: walking, aerobatics, etc
start date 07/07
start weight 189
current weight 147.6

I am only 17.6 pounds away from the goal I set in June. I love Atkins and feel it has really made a difference in my life. I am hoping I will be about 140 for our trip Jan 27 - Jan 31. I currently lose 1-2 pounds a week so mostly like I will be close but not there yet. I plan to stay on plan in Disney. We went in August 07 and it was sooo easy to eat and enjoy, but not cheat.

Hiya - count me in too please- have done many diets in the past - but gone back up weight wise again and again, and sooooo need to lose quite a few pounds before our trip in April - I know WHAT to do, just need some motivation... those airline seats are not very wide !!

Name:Tessa
Diet: ELEM - Eat Less, Exercise More
Exercise: mmmmm, not yet......
Hurdles : I hate exercise and love food...
start date 03/01/08
start weight 209 aaaarrrggghhhhh - more than I thought
current weight 209
goal by April08 180
--------------
Updates:
WEEK 1
LOSS THIS WEEK: 1 pound
LOSS SO FAR: 1 pound
CURRENT WEIGHT: 208
My weight loss lags behind by a week - so roll on next week!!
---------------
mantra - every day in every way I will feel fitter and healthier (and thinner!)

Cheers,
Tessa

We leave March 7th...I think I can do anything for two months (which is my new approach. If I start to think to long-term then I get frustrated, so my plan it to keep my focus on the two months till we leave!)

Name-Megan
Age-35
Diet- WW points
Excercise Goal- walking for 45 minutes w/ friend (3x week)
Curves- 30 minutes- 2x-3x per week
Start Date- Today!
Goal- 20lbs by March 7th
Hurdles- Finding time for exercise and cooking dinner(not relying on prepared food and/or last minute carry-out). Usually breakfast and lunch are fine....it's dinner that trips us up!

Name: Susie
Hurdles: SAHM--with access to the fridge all day! I love anything sweet.
Exercise: hate it--starting to use pilates machine, Wii and walking tapes.
Starting: 1/3/08
Current weight:170 (that hurt to type)
Goal: 135

Since I gave up my career to be SAHM I have gained 20 pounds (in 14 months!) I am going to start writing down everythig I eat. I hope this will be enlightening. I know I need to eat less and move more. But I need to also make healthier eating choices.

Let's go girls! Group hug!:grouphug:

I use fitday.com to track my daily food intake. I saw a few of you mentioning writing down your food. I would suggest fitday as it is free and easy.

I use fitday.com to track my daily food intake. I saw a few of you mentioning writing down your food. I would suggest fitday as it is free and easy.

I went there - seemed pretty good, but they didn't have some of the food that I eat, like edamame (soy beans). :confused3
I'm on day 3 now, and still doing pretty good. Haven't even tried to cheat! The only thing is, I'm on atkins, and already, if I see another piece of red meat I think I may be sick, literally. Every time I eat it, I get the icky feeling like I'm really going to be sick. I think the problam is that I need to have a good amount of greens in my diet at all times, like the edamame and such or else this diet just wont work for me. Any suggestions?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!