Looks like Disney thinks there will be light crowds this summer

We were there last July 14-20. It rained once (July 20). You just never know.
FWIW, in all our trips (February, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December) our June trips always end up the wettest (wet enough on 2 separate occasions that we booked a “redo” for August). That’s just Florida in the summer.
Oh don't say that we are going the last week in June :crazy2::rotfl:

The summer has been light the past couple of years. I went in July last year right after TSL opened and the majority of the parks were dead. I'm so sold on going in the summer now!
I experienced great crowds last summer. We went last minute July 18-22 and had no problems getting fastpasses or ADRs roughly 10 days before we left. Summer has certainly slowed down, but what's funny is that I think for most people, that idea hasn't caught on. Out of my 4 trips last year, July was the best as far as crowds were concerned.

I was at WDW in February over President's Day Weekend (It was VERY busy) and I heard a man telling his kids on the bus to the parks that if they thought it was crowded now, then they should be glad they're not there in the summer. I just had to laugh to myself because I was thinking "That's not really true, but if you want to keep believing that, please do!"

I experienced great crowds last summer. We went last minute July 18-22 and had no problems getting fastpasses or ADRs roughly 10 days before we left. Summer has certainly slowed down, but what's funny is that I think for most people, that idea hasn't caught on. Out of my 4 trips last year, July was the best as far as crowds were concerned.

I was at WDW in February over President's Day Weekend (It was VERY busy) and I heard a man telling his kids on the bus to the parks that if they thought it was crowded now, then they should be glad they're not there in the summer. I just had to laugh to myself because I was thinking "That's not really true, but if you want to keep believing that, please do!"
It's the "classic" way of thinking for sure! I think between tiered ticket pricing, people "knowing" when the parks are supposed to be busy, and more school breaks throughout the year, people have historically avoided summer if at all possible (because "that's when school is out & everyone goes") to the point where it's the time to go now. :genie: It was SO hot in July, but I was prepared for it with sunscreen/water/a hat, so I didn't mind it.

We were there the exact same time (July 2018 & President Weekend 2019) and I couldn’t agree more with all of it.

We were there last July 14-20. It rained once (July 20). You just never know.
FWIW, in all our trips (February, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December) our June trips always end up the wettest (wet enough on 2 separate occasions that we booked a “redo” for August). That’s just Florida in the summer.
Ha Ha- you know now that you mention June... We were married at WDW four years ago on June 9th. It was a lovely morning and then the skies opened up right before our ceremony and again right after our dinner. They postponed Illuminations- thankfully, the show went on eventually, but it was definitely a showery evening!

Yes let them keep believing that then and everyone else lol

Last edited:
Looks like this theory/thread is null and void as it is looking like Disney is expecting larger then expected crowds at least during the fall/SWGE opening.......

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...lywood-studios/?CMP=SOC-DPFY19Q3wo0425190029A

Disney’s Hollywood Studios — Daily from Sept. 1-Nov. 2, the park will have Extra, Extra Magic Hours from 6-9 a.m., including Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, plus Toy Story Land attractions and select other attractions. Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge and its experiences subject to capacity.

Wow......

Looks like this theory/thread is null and void as it is looking like Disney is expecting larger then expected crowds at least during the fall/SWGE opening.......

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...lywood-studios/?CMP=SOC-DPFY19Q3wo0425190029A

Disney’s Hollywood Studios — Daily from Sept. 1-Nov. 2, the park will have Extra, Extra Magic Hours from 6-9 a.m., including Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, plus Toy Story Land attractions and select other attractions. Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge and its experiences subject to capacity.

Wow......

How is this thread null & void? This is about lighter crowds before SW:GE not after.

That is all after SWGE is opened. This thread is about before it opens. Everyone knows it will be busy after Aug 28th.

Nope says summer, last I checked, AFTER SWGE time frame is still considered "summer".....................;)

Touring Plans sent me an email saying crowds have decreased the week we are going in June! Every park everyday for the last week in June dropped by 1 or 2 numbers. Except AK on a Saturday went up from a 6 to a 7. Wow that's exciting! Epcot went from a 9 to a 4 on that Saturday.

Touring Plans sent me an email saying crowds have decreased the week we are going in June! Every park everyday for the last week in June dropped by 1 or 2 numbers. Except AK on a Saturday went up from a 6 to a 7. Wow that's exciting! Epcot went from a 9 to a 4 on that Saturday.
I'm cautiously optimistic about their July update. But if you look at their numbers for after SWGE opens, it's difficult to believe their predictions are accurate. Or maybe they're just waiting to see what SWGE does.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter