Looks like Disney thinks there will be light crowds this summer

I'm cautiously optimistic about their July update. But if you look at their numbers for after SWGE opens, it's difficult to believe their predictions are accurate. Or maybe they're just waiting to see what SWGE does.
Yes I know they are not always accurate but I have never seen them decrease like that during our summer visits. Usually they increase them. I think they do not update until it gets closer to that time. They usually update and change crowd levels a couple times.

I laughed at the lowering numbers on TP. I just assumed it was because Aug 29th is clearly going to be an 11! Have to lower everything else to accommodate.

I laughed at the lowering numbers on TP. I just assumed it was because Aug 29th is clearly going to be an 11! Have to lower everything else to accommodate.
My theory is those who will go just for Star Wars will not arrive until August 28th or so and those that are actively avoiding it will try to move their trip. We are the ones between- already took vacation time and booked airline tickets so we are going.

Fingers crossed that crowds stay low. I'm looking forward to my summer trip. Galaxy Edge seems cool so I will start saving for a trip when I get back home. Should take a few years so the crowds can settle back down again.

Crowds in July 2018 were the most manageable we’ve had besides our
May 2017 trip. People can go online and within minutes find out the “slow times” which more recently have been fall (not anymore) or maybe after spring break or Jan/Feb. Then those people books the “slow” times. Leaving the blazing heat of summer to become the slower time. Which, probably by next year, won’t be anymore. Internet is probably a double edged sword for those planning these days.

Touring Plans sent me an email saying crowds have decreased the week we are going in June! Every park everyday for the last week in June dropped by 1 or 2 numbers. Except AK on a Saturday went up from a 6 to a 7. Wow that's exciting! Epcot went from a 9 to a 4 on that Saturday.

I was happy to see that the predictions for the week we’re going at the end of July-Beginning August also dropped from 5-6 to 3-5’s. We all know its a guessing game and anything can happen, but we went during President’s week when crowds were at the max. I’ll be happy to have lower crowds.

We’re used to the heat. Don’t love it, but can manage with pool and air conditioning. What we noticed during the busy time is that there were more extra things going on like the Boardwalk performers that are missing during slow periods. So its a Catch-22. When its slow they will understandably have lower staffing needs as well. Either way, it’ll be nice not to fight the crowds (or the wagons).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter