Looking For Control Freaks & Worry Warts too........ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the info about the DDP and rooms, Debbie! AND the info about the Dole whips - might have to try that tomorrow!

DH is having a "campout" with DD tonight - yea, I get the bed to myself! I feel so bad I just want to collapse. Took a hot bubble bath and it did NOTHING for me! What really stinks is that I haven't even gone back outside to admire my plantings - I think it looked good when I finished up, but who knows? :confused3

I tried a Flirtini tonight - whew, that was strong - guess I'm getting kinda wimpy in my old age, sticking with the sweet drinks instead. Every year I seem to have my drink of the season. Two years ago I bought the Smirnoff Ice by the case and kept it on hand all summer. Last year it was Corona Light all year. This year it might be the makings for watermelon martinis!

Did you pick up the truck yet Debbie? It's always fun getting a new car - for about 5 minutes, or until the first payment is due. I agree with you there. The first car that DH and I ever purchased together was a 1996 Dodge Stratus - financed for 5 years. About a month after we made our last payment, we received the title in the mail, and I promptly drove it out of our garage and sideswiped DH's company car in the driveway!!!! :rotfl2: True story!

We wanna see picks of the truck!

Hi Kara!
He did sign the paper work but he won't get it until Monday or Tuesday.

I am a huge light weight now! The drinks go right to my head! It is only 8:40 here and I am wiped out! I swear it's becasue I had a drink last night. Oh well. This pineapple one is delightful and in all actuality there isn't very much alcohol.

Maybe I will hit the hay early. I am reading one of those trashy celeb sites and next will look at some big brother footage on youtube....

Wow! Exciting Saturday night for me.

aha! yeah, I think I may try to read more of the Lost thread then read a little bit and hit the hay too!

Hope to get some work done tomorrow around the house, or we may take the pup and drive out to the beach in the afternoon. I don't think you can take dogs onto the beach until after 5 though. Might be fun!

Hi Everyone!

Debbie - that buddy list is so cool - never knew you could do that! I am jealous of your Dole Whip! I haven't had one yet - this year I WILL remember! Hope your DH enjoys his new truck!

Kara - Sorry you aren't feeling well - those darn allergies can really do you in. Thanks for the invitation - maybe some day we can have a "sleepover" :rotfl2:

Tessa and Erin - we watched the parade right in the circle at the beginning of Main st. Don't know why, but there was room there, and we were able to sneek out easily after. To watch the fireworks, try to get a table at the Tomorrowland Noodle Station about an hour before - grab something to eat and just stay! Tink flies right over your head there. If not, stand next to the stairs across from the Carnation Cafe, there is an eating area down below that has to be reserved. But if you get there early, you can be right up against the fence and no one can get in front of you.

In frontierland, they have a fun "Hey Howdy Hey!" parade with Woody and Jessica and the horse! Look up the parade time in your guide - we happened to be right in front of a porch for a shop when they started coming - we jumped up on the porch and had a great seat!

I'll think of more later!

Where's Cammie - maybe she has a hang-over from her drunken posting! :lmao:

Okay, so I'm excited - had a talk with DH today about how we are going to use our points from this year by next July - we're going to WDW!!!! It will be just the two of us, and we'll be at SOG and then SSR, maybe switching ressies to BWV just for fun and walking to Epcot! I'll get the dates once I know what the babysitting schedule is - late June or early July - I'm hoping for the 4th!!! :yay:

We went out for Mexican tonight - had a margarita - I'm tired, too!

Hi Pam, Pam2, Jillian, Laura, Keahi, Leslie, Sewer, anyone I forgot - Have a great Sunday!

Tessa and Erin - we watched the parade right in the circle at the beginning of Main st. Don't know why, but there was room there, and we were able to sneek out easily after. To watch the fireworks, try to get a table at the Tomorrowland Noodle Station about an hour before - grab something to eat and just stay! Tink flies right over your head there. If not, stand next to the stairs across from the Carnation Cafe, there is an eating area down below that has to be reserved. But if you get there early, you can be right up against the fence and no one can get in front of you.

In frontierland, they have a fun "Hey Howdy Hey!" parade with Woody and Jessica and the horse! Look up the parade time in your guide - we happened to be right in front of a porch for a shop when they started coming - we jumped up on the porch and had a great seat!

Thanks Tammie - love the tips, and the kids love the little "extra" parade type things.

Just a quick fly by as we have swimming lessons for the girls this morning - maybe they will do their 50m today.......

Tessa

Hey Tammie thanks very much for that tip we've never seen this and i know it's top of our list as a must see :thumbsup2

I wonder where Cammie is tonight?

Where's Cammie - maybe she has a hang-over from her drunken posting! :lmao: [/SIZE]

Cammie was lounging on the couch for most of the day - woke up with a horrible head cold! First thought I might have had I slight hang over - which would have really depressed me - I only had three drinks spread out over 3 hours!(when I lose my tolerance for alcohol, then I'll know I'm getting old!)
Anyway, the party girls had me up until about 1:30am; then I woke up Sat. with a sore throat and very stuffy. Was sneezing all day yesterday. Slept better last night, but still have a sore throat this morning. I literallly had no engergy to sit up at the computer yesterday.

Debbie - Your X-rated Dole Whip sounds delish! I usually don't make many frozen drinks - one makes me so full. I have a drink for you guys - ever have a "Beer Margarita"? It's a recipe I got off Rachel Ray - margarita mxer (or limeade), tequila and light beer (I like Coronas too, Kara;) ) Very refreshing and the best of both worlds!

Kara - Sorry about your allergies; talk about feeling miserable. I never had allergies until I moved to Mass. - mine are worse in the late summer, earl fall. Tried many meds, but ultimately found a nasal spray - Flonase- worked the best.

Tammie - Love those tips! Believe it or not, all the years I've been going to WDW, we've never stayed at MK late to see fireworks. The only time we're even at MK in the dark is when we have tix to a special event like MNSSHP or MVMCP. We attempted once to see SpectroMagic parade and was overwhelmed with how crowded Main street was. Having DD in her wheelchair caused me to have a panic attack - I got out of there fast! Will have to try some of your viewing spots for the fireworks this next trip.

Congrats on the plans for a trip for you and hubby! I'll be there until 6/27 - maybe our paths will cross!

Hi to our girls across the pond and to all others! Should be on more today - will check in later!(will also add all to buddy list - I'll be watching you too!)

Sorry you're sick, Cammie. :sick: About the fireworks - when you're there with your oldest DD, I'll bet you can wheel her in to guest relations, or even stop a CM near the front of Main St. and ask where a good viewing place for the fireworks would be - they may do something really special for her! :thumbsup2 I have read about others doing that before! Our trip is in 2009 - not sure if you are going again next Summer?

About the buddy list, where can you see it after you add the names - how can you "watch" each other? :confused3

Sorry you're sick, Cammie. :sick: About the fireworks - when you're there with your oldest DD, I'll bet you can wheel her in to guest relations, or even stop a CM near the front of Main St. and ask where a good viewing place for the fireworks would be - they may do something really special for her! :thumbsup2 I have read about others doing that before! Our trip is in 2009 - not sure if you are going again next Summer?

About the buddy list, where can you see it after you add the names - how can you "watch" each other? :confused3

Another good tip! I never thought of going into guest relations. We always sit in the handicap viewing area for the parades; but for the fireworks - everyone just seems to stand in one place - with others trying to push their way around you. I wonder if there is an area for wheelchairs to be safely out of the way.

As for the buddy list - I don't know what Debbie meant about "seeing" us either - I've added all you guys also and thought maybe something would come up on my screen to let me know one of my buddies was on - but it didn't - :scratchin Must figure this out!

Go to where it says QUICK LINKS It's to the right, up top, under your name where it says WELCOME......... Then choose OPEN BUDDY LIST! Get ready to stalk us..........
Right now I see Cammie!

Bought some great shoes yesterday but today I have to go do some exchanging....Can't they just make shoes all fit the same!

Go to where it says QUICK LINKS It's to the right, up top, under your name where it says WELCOME......... Then choose OPEN BUDDY LIST! Get ready to stalk us..........
Right now I see Cammie!

You may see - but am I really here?:surfweb:

Honestly, if my computer's on, I'm signed on. I may walk away for a few hours; or my DD may open up another window. Anyway - if I don't get back to you right away - it's because I'm not really here!

I know...I haven't figured out if I just have to be on the Dis or logged on my computer to be seen. I think I have to at least have the Dis window open to be on the buddy list. I leave my computer on all day...........

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter