Looking For Control Freaks & Worry Warts too........ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh well.
When I coming to Boston to visit you (and yes I'm bringing the kids...)? I'll leave DH at home!

You can bring the kids - my DD12 LOVES kids - she'll occupy them!

I'm starting to get a little sleepy. The 12yr.olds, believe it or not, are in my basement, prancing around in my DD's old Disney princess dresses - pretty funny because the gowns are not gowns on them. Anyway, I'm up past my bedtime, but I think you and me deserve some sort of award, Debbie. What shall we call it?

OK West of Boston....
I want all of you guys to come here for a Chicago meet!!! I don't have room to house anyone really but I would set ya up and entertain you all!

OK West of Boston....
I want all of you guys to come here for a Chicago meet!!! I don't have room to house anyone really but I would set ya up and entertain you all!

Well, I know I can fit 10 people at my house - my family did it two weeks ago - and I know you guys would be a heck of a lot more enjoyable than my family. It's beautiful in the fall around here!:cloud9:

(Debbie - :ssst: I don't think anyone else is listening to us!)

The Dis clock is off by about 10 minutes - did you notice that?

Anyway - I think I'm hitting the hay!. Good night Debbie - it was fun!

Mines off by over an hour!

Good night! I'm going to bed too.... It's been a pleasure!

Welcome Leslie! Jump on in but be careful we are nutty!

That is fine! A little bit of nuts never hurt anyone, as long as their not allergic.

I am planning to take my son to WDW in May. He will 7 1/2 months by then. I have purchased a Baby B'air flight vest for the airplane ride. We will be renting a car for one day, so I will be bringing the car seat. I am at a loss of how much to bring of everything else like - diapers, food, clothes, and so forth. My son is currently formula fed and has one tooth. He has tried solids and does well with them. Any and all ideas are welcomed!

Leslie

And now there was two..... yes, we are a pathetic bunch!

Debbie - My XFusion Liqueur was the 750ml bottle - I know there was a smaller one - just can't remember the price. I wouldn't be surprised that Costco sold it for $7 less; the BJs right down the road has some things priced much lower than the liquor store I go to - they just don't have as big a selection.

Well, I'll be on for a little while longer - the girls don't seem ready for bed yet. Picture this - I'm drinking a glass of Sanford Chardonnay and munching on Doritos - they go together, right?

Hi girls! I came home at 9:30 PT - after you were gone to bed, and had a glass of dessert wine and some popcorn! popcorn:: I thought about ya - some of your "smelling" looked a little drunk!

That is fine! A little bit of nuts never hurt anyone, as long as their not allergic.

I am planning to take my son to WDW in May. He will 7 1/2 months by then. I have purchased a Baby B'air flight vest for the airplane ride. We will be renting a car for one day, so I will be bringing the car seat. I am at a loss of how much to bring of everything else like - diapers, food, clothes, and so forth. My son is currently formula fed and has one tooth. He has tried solids and does well with them. Any and all ideas are welcomed!

Leslie

You can order the baby food and bottled water at gardengrocer.com. they deliver to your resort at the time you request - good service, not too high, although a little more, and you need to tip. I guess I would pack cans of powdered formula and the diapers - although you can probably get those, too! It's hard with all of the restrictions on what you can bring. We bought a 2 piece soft car top carrier that has one piece as kind of a duffle on wheels. We packed our DGSs car seat in that and then filled it with diapers - shippped it as a piece of luggage. Happy Planning!

Yeah - Our peeps left us high and dry!

What a bunch of partiers! :dance3:

I'll talk to you wild gals tomorrow! Tomorrow night is date night - DH has really earned it - so I guess I'll probably not be on until later if you're trying the post thing again. The time thing is a little hard huh?

Hiya all,

sounds like just a couple of Lushes about last night then!!

Anyhow, have looked up a few tips from my last trip to DLPR for you Erin..... sorry to the rest of you, but thought it is a bit interesing....

Look out for the secrets..... upstairs in the castle - there are 2 suits of armour - one of them snores..... go down main st slowly and go into the little spurs by the arcade - listen near the dentist's window to hear the dentist ask for a masonry bit - wouldn't like to be that patient!!, listen for the piano tinkling in the Piano Lessons place, Pluto barking (and Mickey shouting PLUTO) above the news stand place. Lift the phones if you go past any to hear the middle of some odd conversations (some in English). If you are going to the car park, the drinks machine near the loos has pouring, fizzing and glugging sounds if you go close enough. The passageway of Aladin is COLD - great on a hot day for cooling off!

When it is busy use the arcades to travel more quickly than main st.
They have a "numbers" mini parade -really silly a few times a day - if you stand at the dicoveryland end of the discovery arcade near the start you get to follow the characters down - not many people know or do it, so it can feel like your family are really special following the parade down....

Pizzeria Bella Notte is THE place for counter service food in the park, nice freshly prepared - also outside there is a little known character meet and greet point - 4 or 5 times a day loads of characters mill about and interact and let you do autographs/photos etc- sometimes the princesses WITH their princes!!

The Peter Pan ride has a hidden tinkerbell near the exit - they SOMETIMES switch her on!! Get the kids to look out for her -we saw her twice out of about 6 goes.... use fastpass for this one - one of the busiest kid rides in the park....when we were there FP worked a bit differently to wdw - you could get fp for each ride without waiting for the next window...

To "do" the main characters( Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Goofy, Pluto + loads more inside...) go to the Studios park, less crowded, more actual lines to meet and greet - the main park has a bit more free for all scrum feel to character meets.. also at Studios some of the rubbish bins say thank you when you put rubbish in...

That's about it really -LOVED DLRP a lot.

We need any secrets on WDW from you girls over there!! Not much time now..... Where is it best to see the parades? Any hidden secrets?? What was the kids favourite bit....

Tessa

Hiya all,

sounds like just a couple of Lushes about last night then!!

Anyhow, have looked up a few tips from my last trip to DLPR for you Erin..... sorry to the rest of you, but thought it is a bit interesing....

We need any secrets on WDW from you girls over there!! Not much time now..... Where is it best to see the parades? Any hidden secrets?? What was the kids favourite bit....

Tessa

Thankyou so much Tessa this is just the sort of thing that i wanted :)

Now WDW parades i've sat in lots of diff places hahah and i personally like Main St, just get there loads early!!!
The tip thread on here is great for first timer tips etc that's how i got all mine the first couple of times and again even this time hahaha i'm a planner

OK, I got a few chuckles reading last night's drunk postings! I'm so sorry I missed it but I see that Cammie and Debbie won the Friday Night Lush Awards! :rotfl2:

Oh HI!! I see you now!
I made a XRated Fusion frozen drink with pineapple juice! YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Does that one have a name?

If you add some peach schnapps, I think it's called an "X-Rated Vacation." Yum!!!

And now there was two..... yes, we are a pathetic bunch!

Well, I'll be on for a little while longer - the girls don't seem ready for bed yet. Picture this - I'm drinking a glass of Sanford Chardonnay and munching on Doritos - they go together, right?

Anything goes with Doritos's!!!

Well, I know I can fit 10 people at my house - my family did it two weeks ago - and I know you guys would be a heck of a lot more enjoyable than my family. It's beautiful in the fall around here!:cloud9:

(Debbie - :ssst: I don't think anyone else is listening to us!)

YES I AM LISTENING!!!!:rotfl: And not to um rub it in or anything, but um, check out my weather ticker - I've got 2 extra bedrooms upstairs!!!! And I'm a 2.5 hr drive from the Mouse!!! I have a bad feeling that you're not going to like me much in the winter with this ticker thing!!! Now in the summer, most of you will probably feel pretty good!!

I did get up early and head to HOme Depot - I planted 5 varieties of annuals out front, plus I made a couple of hanging baskets. I bought a lemon tree and a key lime tree! Only $10 each and already about 2-3 feet tall. I just put them into pots to see how they do. They smell soooo good! I was totally overwhelmed looking at the different flowers here - and then I ended up buying the same things I had in SC and Ohio!!! Marigold, snapdragons, salvia, allysum, and dianthus. So I'm pretty boring.

Then when I was about 1/2 done planting (DH was off shopping for a new lawnmower) my allergies kicked in full steam! I developed "hay fever" when I was 10 years old, and 31 years later I still get it soooo bad. I've become immune to most every prescription I've been on in 2-3 years (I lasted on Zyrtec for almost 4 yrs - that was a record!), I've gotten the shots, etc. I just don't know what to do. I get it so bad that I actually run a fever. I sneeze nonstop, my eyes swell up, and I'm just flat out miserable! So I came inside, showered, and made lunch, then I collapsed in bed for the afternoon. I'm a little better now, I just feel like I have a nasty cold now, the sneezing has subsided some, but my eyes are still tired and I'm a little feverish! I just want some relief! I've been on Tavist, Claritin, Allegra, Zyrtec, and others that I can't remember.

OK, now that I've whined about my allergies, I must say that DH and DD are pitching in to get the house cleaned up for me! DH has vacuumed the downstairs and he's sweeping and mopping the kitchen now. DD is dusting! How sweet is that! :cloud9:

Quick question - anyone know how the DDP works with a large group and multiple rooms? We know that DSIL will not want to tip or pick up drinks any night for the whole family, so DH and I thought we could all do separate checks and that way if we want a drink, or appetizer, or whatever, we can all handle our own "extras" check, plus tip. But does the DDP go by room or by the total bill for the trip - in other words, since the inlaws are paying for everything, will the DDP give us 36 TS credits, 12 CTS, 36 CS, 12, CCS, and 54 snacks??? Or will it be broken up by our room, DSIL's room, and DMIL and DFIL's room? Does that make sense? Plus, I can see DBIL or DFIL each having 2 or 3 snacks a day and not having a clue! Know what I mean? If not, just blame it on the allergies!!!

I may see y'all tonight if anyone is here, if not, hope everyone is having a great weekend!

The DDP gives each ROOM credits. Like your room will get 3 table/dinner credits times the amount of days of your stay. So the seperate check thing will work just fine. We go with my P's and there room is always seperate from ours.

Hi Everyone...was running around all day but got a lot accomplished. I am tired now and it's only 5. Sadly that's what a couple drinks does to me.

DH is out getting that truck. I think it's practically a done deal. Hope it was the right thing to do.

Talk to you guys later.

My son will be 7 1/2 months when we go to WDW. How much clothing for him should I bring? Should I just bring shorts and T-shirts or warm clothes also?

Leslie

Turtlebug...there is no way around it...with a little one like that you WILL overpack! I brought my kids while they were still babies. I packed a large can of formula. I counted how many diapers i went through a day before I went. I over packed clothes. I brought lots of baby snacks..... I brought dish soap to wach the bottles. LOTS of wipes.
I gotta go but I will try and remember more.

Ready to be jealous..................
I made what would basically be a Dole Whip, gave some to the kids and then served myself one with the Fusion poured over it!!! It is to die for. I just blended orange juice, about a cup of frozen pineapple juice concetrate and crushed ice. It taste JUST like dole whip! The Xrated Fusion is just the grown up bonus! Everyone's happy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter