Long Live TCD's 2010-2011 NEW YEARS EVE TRIP REPORT (Maybe the last of the best)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apples to Apples fan here. That game, whether played by their rules or your own ;) is a lot of fun!

edited to add: if you like family games, another one you might want to try (if you haven't already) is Bananagrams.

Bananagrams is a family game?

It doesn't sound like it to me.

:banana:

TCD

Well, for those of you still reading along, congratulations are in order.

You have made it to the end of another TCD trip report.

Yep, this is it.

The end of the road.

Where we last left off, it was getting to be dark on the evening of January 1st.

My sister finally showed up with her DD, Daisy, at about 6 pm.

Here is Daisy:

100_1756.jpg

Did you think DD meant dear daughter?

Nope.

It meant dear dog.

Daisy is Rocky’s dog cousin.

Even though it was pretty much dark, we hightailed it down to the dog park.

It was still dusk by my definition.

The pups had the place to themselves:

100_1758.jpg

Fun times.

By the way, even though the dog park sign says that it is closed at dusk, I saw folks in there with dogs and flashlights on two separate occasions. They don’t lock it.

My sister joined us for dinner. Remember how I made pulled pork on New Year’s Eve? Well, tonight it was Southern Smothered Hot Dogs. Mine are just as good as the ones they serve at the Meadow Snack Bar. But, pulled pork two nights in a row can be too much of a good thing.

After dinner, my sister wanted to hit the Dole Whip machine at the Polynesian Resort (I didn’t say Poly, Devores). My sister is the one who introduced us to Dole Whip in the first place. That was a few years ago. She was visiting with us another time, and said she wanted to get one in the Magic Kingdom. I’m sure that I had walked past that Dole Whip stand a hundred times, and never thought once about getting one. But we all tried one. And, I have to admit it’s pretty good. When we found it that there was a self serve Dole Whip machine in the Polynesian Resort, it was all over. Dole Whip has become a must do for us on every trip.

I agreed to stay behind and puppy-sit. There was still more football to be watched, and the pups were tired, so it was good. But, after TCU beat Wisconsin, I had to endure the yawner of Oklahoma vs. Connecticut. How did that game happen? Connecticut won the Big East, that’s how. Nice conference.

Anyway, I stayed behind, and the TCD twins went off to have fun with their favorite Aunt.

Several months ago, a regular member of the Disboards posted a photo of his Dole Whip in a trip report. I commented that the Dole Whip looked pretty wimpy. I know that he is ashamed of this, so I am not going to mention his name to spare him further embarrassment. If you really need to know who it was, I’ll give you a small clue: his name rhymes with Wave in Hennessey. But, don’t ask me for any more clues- like I said, I feel bad about calling him out on his wimpy Dole Whip skills.

Just to re-set the issue, here is the aforementioned completely anonymous Disboarder’s Dole Whip photo:

IMG_22561.jpg

Now, here’s a photo of the Dole Whips made by my sister and my DD’s:

IMG_2256.jpg

That’s how it’s done.

And make note, these were made by girls. Had I been there, mine would have been even bigger.

The girls were gone for quite a while.

When they got back, my sister decided she would rather head home than spend the night. We were going to be getting up early on Sunday, as the TCD twins intended to do rope drop at Hollywood Studios- our passes became unblocked on January 2.

Rocky was again no problem at all:

IMG_2271.jpg

True to plan, we were up early on Sunday morning.

I dropped the girls off at Hollywood Studios, and then Rocky and I packed up.

Rocky was bored:

100_1761.jpg

And, Rocky had an almost constant visitor.

It was his tetherball buddy from yesterday.

Her family was camped just around the loop, and she stopped by about fifty times to ask when Rocky would be able to come play tetherball. One of the reasons that I dropped my own kids off at Hollywood Studios was so I could get packed up without being interrupted by this type of thing.

So, when Rocky’s friend came by for the fifty-first time, I asked her if she would like to take Rocky over to the tetherball court to play. She was thrilled! Rocky was thrilled! So off they went.

I could see the tetherball pole from my site, and I certainly could hear everything going on there, so it seemed like it would be OK. Well, after a few minutes, I heard quite a commotion over by the tetherball pole. I took a looked over to see what was going on. A crowd had gathered. About 20 kids were circled around the tetherball pole watching Rocky do his thing. There were a lot of cheers. And laughing.

After about 30 minutes, the young lady brought Rocky back. He lay right down and went to sleep. With a big smile on his face.

I finished packing, and we went and picked the girls up at Hollywood Studios.

And then we headed west to home.

Right outside of WDW property, there was an accident in the east bound lanes of I-4. The whole road was shut down:

100_1768.jpg

Bummer.

Traffic was stopped for a couple of miles.

I felt bad for those folks.

Luckily for us, we had no problems west bound.

Rocky slept the entire way home:

100_1769.jpg

And he pretty much slept for the next 24 hours as well.

I know exactly how he felt.

And that is that.

Another one is done.

Until the next time.

TCD is out.

Bravo!

Another great report.

Is Daisy an English Bulldog? Very cute. I have always wanted one, but man are they expensive.

I think a dole whip challenge needs to be implemented for 2011. I'm in.

Hope to see you on future visits.

Bravo!

Another great report.

Is Daisy an English Bulldog? Very cute. I have always wanted one, but man are they expensive.

I think a dole whip challenge needs to be implemented for 2011. I'm in.

Hope to see you on future visits.

Yes, Daisy is an English Bulldog. My sister is single and has a good job, so she went for it. Daisy allegedly is related to UGA (not sure what Roman numeral) of University of Georgia fame. But my sister is a UF grad, so Daisy is a Gator.

A Dole Whip challenge?

Great idea!

I think everyone would like that.

Maybe the anonymous wimpy Dole Whip guy could redeem himself in 2011!

TCD

So you heard it too. I wonder what "supervised" means? This could really impact some of the really over-the-top displays. While I understand the need for safety, I will miss some of the grand displays if Disney imposes very strict limits. As I said, this will be interesting.

I heard this as well. I know I'm gonna get rotten tomatoes thrown at me, but I think this is long overdue. There are too many sites that look like dump trucks backed up and puked out the decorations.

Tigger In Bama's site was very tastefully decorated (site 801), and of course, the family in 1600 that has a mapped out theme (although they've almost gone too far).

However like all things Disney & Ft. Wilderness, I'll believe the "supervision" when I see it.

Oh, we played Apples to Apples

Love "Apples to Apples"!! :thumbsup2

And.....I think Rocky is just too adorable!! He's a gorgeous boxer!

I heard this as well. I know I'm gonna get rotten tomatoes thrown at me, but I think this is long overdue. There are too many sites that look like dump trucks backed up and puked out the decorations.

Tigger In Bama's site was very tastefully decorated (site 801), and of course, the family in 1600 that has a mapped out theme (although they've almost gone too far).

However like all things Disney & Ft. Wilderness, I'll believe the "supervision" when I see it.

Love "Apples to Apples"!! :thumbsup2

And.....I think Rocky is just too adorable!! He's a gorgeous boxer!

Deb- No rotten tomatoes from me, but FW management will have their hands full coming up with a workable way to regulate the decorations. I love the 1600 loop overachiever's decorations, but if they allow that, how can they limit someone else?

I'm with you on the I'll believe it when I see it.

It is amazing for me to hear how many people are familiar with the Apples to Apples game. I never heard of it. In case I didn't mention it, we have the Disney edition, which made it a lot of fun to play at the Fort. I went ahead and read the rules, and it turns out that it is not only acceptable, but encouraged, for players to plead their cases to the judge. This is not a good thing for me. If I have all three of my daughters explaining why I should choose their card over their sisters' I have a problem even King Solomon couldn't solve.

Thanks for the compliments on Rocky. He really is a great looking dog. But he's also smart and very sweet. We really lucked out with him!

Nice report. Thanks for finishing my thread :thumbsup2

Yes, you ended up with quite a nice little thread here.

Good job.

I'll need to give you a head's up before my next trip so you can start that report for me too!

Uh huh. Looks to me like you sent girls to do your work. So, so sad. :rotfl2:

Whoa there, good buddy!

Is that a ticker I see in your signature?

Did you buy a trailer?

You're going to be at the Fort for Thanksgiving?

If so, it's on.

You and me at the Dole Whip machine at high noon.

Name the date and I'll be there, and we can settle this once and for all.

My sons dole whip carving.

tumblr_lf9vdiIM7d1qguhw7

AWESOME!!!! :worship::worship::worship:

A) Because that is a big serving of Dole Whip; and

B) That carving is hilarious!

Good job!

How old is your son?

Will he be around the Fort around Thanksgiving this year?

I know someone who could use some Dole Whip pointers.

(the completely 100% anonymous Wimpy Dole Whip Guy).

TCD

The Dole Whip pics were completed worth the wait. Totally Satiated. Thanks for keeping your nose to the grind stone.

Loved the report, as always! When are you going back??

He was 16 when this was taken. He is a vanilla freak, no pineapple for him.
We will be at the fort in June.

OK- I will be looking for another carved Dole Whip photo!

The Dole Whip pics were completed worth the wait. Totally Satiated. Thanks for keeping your nose to the grind stone.

Boy, you are easy to please, aren't you.

Thanks for reading along.

Thanks for another great trip report TCD. Rocky is definitely a cutie pie!

Thank you LL.

Loved the report, as always! When are you going back??

Thanks.

I'm not sure yet.

But I'm sure that it won't be long.

Awesome TR. Glad you guys had a good time. :thumbsup2

Thanks for reading along!

TCD

Thanks! I enjoyed reading. Just makes me even more excited for our first trip to Disney and the Fort this June. I've been acting like those little kids on the Disney commercials.

We have a boxer, too. She's a crazy loon. Every night she runs laps around our backyard at a super fast speed then comes in lays down and goes right to sleep.

Thank God it's over or I never would have caught up! But wait, it's over? What am I supposed to read now!! We need a Valentine's Day trip or sumpin'!

ShantaClausSm.png

With great reports like this..who needs a Kindle? Hope it won't be too long before another great-reading TR comes our way from you! :thumbsup2

Now I am a huge fan of Dole Whips,...not that being said,...where's the dole whip float pics? Where's the love? I looovvvveeee the floats!:woohoo:

Thanks for another great TR!

You are welcome. And, thanks for reading along!

Thanks! I enjoyed reading. Just makes me even more excited for our first trip to Disney and the Fort this June. I've been acting like those little kids on the Disney commercials.

We have a boxer, too. She's a crazy loon. Every night she runs laps around our backyard at a super fast speed then comes in lays down and goes right to sleep.

Yep, that sounds just like a boxer. Rocky is our third boxer, and it's amazing how similar they have all been with their personalities. Crazy loon sums it up nicely.

Thank God it's over or I never would have caught up! But wait, it's over? What am I supposed to read now!! We need a Valentine's Day trip or sumpin'!

ShantaClausSm.png

Valentine's Day?

But that's just in a few weeks.

I couldn't go back that soon.

Could I?

With great reports like this..who needs a Kindle? Hope it won't be too long before another great-reading TR comes our way from you! :thumbsup2

Thanks.

And I hope another TR is coming your way soon from me too!

Now I am a huge fan of Dole Whips,...not that being said,...where's the dole whip float pics? Where's the love? I looovvvveeee the floats!:woohoo:

Sorry, but there are no self-serve Dole Whip Floats at the Polynesian Resort. Just the soft-serve.

I have thought about bringing my own pineapple juice some time.

Maybe I will do just that on my next visit.

TCD

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter