Long Live TCD's 2010-2011 NEW YEARS EVE TRIP REPORT (Maybe the last of the best)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though we had a late night on the 31st, there was no rest for the weary on the 1st, as Rocky was up with the sun and ready for some action.

We began our morning with a stroll down the canal by the pet walk. It was still pretty dark as we began, so there are no photos to share of that. We basically just repeated our walk from our first morning. Minus the hot air balloon.

We returned to the 1500 loop via the 1600 loop. I had noticed these flags earlier, and I decided that I should take a photo to share:

100_1610.jpg

The flag on the right is interesting to me. Doesn’t it have an odd combination of Disney characters? I really don’t understand what is going on here. What is the Cheshire Cat doing with Dumbo? Why are Goofy and Mickey here, but not Minnie or any Ducks or Pluto? Why is Dopey here? And, why Jiminy Cricket and Pinocchio? I find the whole thing to be very strange. What does it mean? Whoever put this all together must have been trying to communicate something. But what? Is there some kind of connection between these characters that I am missing? And of all the characters to choose from, why are these characters on a Christmas flag? I just don’t get it!

After our walk, we headed out for an early morning golf cart ride.

There weren’t many folks out and about early on the 1st.

It was looking like it would be a nice, sunny, and warm Saturday. But folks were sleeping in.

Not much was happening down at the beach. Last night it was packed. This morning it is deserted:

100_1612.jpg

I’ll bet a lot of folks don’t realize that there are citrus trees scattered throughout the Fort. There were a couple of orange trees adjacent to our site, and at other places on the 1500 loop, and here at the beach, at the edge of the woods, we can see a citrus tree with fruit on it:

100_1613.jpg

I spent the first part of my life as a Yankee, and when I moved to Florida, I soon learned that there are a lot of citrus varieties that I knew nothing about. This is one of them. I believe that this is a calomondin tree. The fruit looks like little oranges. But, it is sour. It tastes something like a mix of orange, lemon and lime juice. Mrs. TCD, a Florida native, used to make calomondinade as a child. It’s like lemonade, but with calomondins instead of lemons. Who knew?

The beach looked pretty good considering there were hundreds of people celebrating the New Year here just hours before:

100_1614.jpg

100_1615.jpg

100_1616.jpg

In this shot, we are turned toward Discovery Island. The area shown in this photo is rumored to be part of an area where a new DVC resort is going to be developed at some point soon. Maybe. Hopefully, I will be able to return to this spot for New Year’s Day in 2012, and we will see if the view has changed:

100_1617.jpg

As I headed back to the Settlement area, I took a couple of shots of the mystery building attached to the Pioneer Hall complex. Notice how the building was decorated with a Christmas wreath:

100_1618.jpg

100_1620.jpg

We learned last year that this entry area is just a façade for the Pioneer Hall loading dock and storage area, which is right on the other side of the door and windows we see in these photos.

This is the last shot you will see of the big Settlement Christmas tree from me:

100_1621.jpg

Notice that the poinsettia plants which had been planted in the flower bed right inside the fence have already been uprooted and replaced.

From the Settlement area, we headed down to the canal behind the 300 loop to see if there were any signs of anything going on around there. In 2010, there were marker flags and small excavation projects that went on in this area.

There was a big portable pump set up by the dam:

100_1622.jpg

100_1623.jpg

100_1624.jpg

I have seen this pump here before. Usually around this type of year. As I understand it, the drainage system that drains the swampy areas of the Fort into Bay Lake was designed to operate by gravity. It seems like during dry spells, they break out the pump to help. I didn’t see the pump running at all during any time of this visit, but it looks like it is hooked up and ready to go.

The old abandoned cabin on the other side of the canal maintains its silent vigil looking over the Fort’s eastern flank:

100_1625.jpg

I always enjoy the view from this side of the canal, by the cabin:

100_1626.jpg

Notice that there is a seawall there on the other side of the canal, where it meets Bay Lake. I wonder why that’s there? There isn’t one on the other side of the canal.

Also, you can clearly see Cinderella’s Castle and Space Mountain in the Magic Kingdom from here. Maybe not in the photo, but definitely with the naked eye. Here’s a zoom on the area of the photo above which shows the DVC Bay Lake Tower resort on the left, and the castle and Space Mountain to the right:

100_16261.jpg

Here’s a look at the dam and pump from the other side of the canal:

100_1628.jpg

The area along the right of the canal is a dog walk area. The 300 loop is off to the right of the dog walk. There are trash cans and poop bag dispensers located along this walk. Rocky and I decided to head on down.

This is the view from the bridge across the canal:

100_1629.jpg

As we began our walk, we noticed several deer approaching from the other side of the canal:

100_1630.jpg

You can see three deer on the right edge of this photo:

100_1631.jpg

I heard a vehicle approaching, and turned to see a FW Security vehicle heading down to the area which we had just left. Somebody must have radioed in a TCD sighting. Too bad the po-po were late again.

100_1632.jpg

Even though there were a lot of vehicle sounds, and car doors slamming, and human voices coming from the 300 loop, the deer continued to walk toward us:

100_1635.jpg

100_1644.jpg

These deer are wild. But, they are obviously accustomed to hearing the noises we humans make around the Fort. They did not show any fear or alarm concerning these noises. When the deer were just about across from us, each one turned, and walked casually into the woods.

But the last one stopped.

And he stood there and stared and Rocky.

And Rocky stared at him.

Rocky sat down.

And he stared.

And the deer stared.

Neither one of them moved.

Or made a noise.

They just sat and stared at each other.

Like this:

100_1647.jpg

Rocky had never seen a deer before.

I presume that the deer must have seen a dog and a human before.

But the deer seemed to be curious about Rocky.

And Rocky was sure curious about the deer.

Were these two creatures somehow communicating with each other?

Why were they both just silently staring?

It was kind of a cool moment.

I felt like I was witnessing something special.

Both of these animals were completely calm and at ease.

Just calmly staring at each other.

Which is not how Rocky normally would act.

If it had been another dog, or a cat, or even a squirrel over there across the canal, Rocky would be pulling at his leash, straining to get over there.

But he was perfectly happy to just sit and stare at the deer.

This went on for quite a while.

Eventually, the staring contest would have to end.

Right?

I’ll tell you how it ended in my next post.

TCD

Awesome TR, as always. :thumbsup2 Can't wait to hear how the staring contest ends!

100_1610.jpg

The flag on the right is interesting to me. Doesn’t it have an odd combination of Disney characters? I really don’t understand what is going on here. What is the Cheshire Cat doing with Dumbo? Why are Goofy and Mickey here, but not Minnie or any Ducks or Pluto? Why is Dopey here? And, why Jiminy Cricket and Pinocchio? I find the whole thing to be very strange. What does it mean? Whoever put this all together must have been trying to communicate something. But what? Is there some kind of connection between these characters that I am missing? And of all the characters to choose from, why are these characters on a Christmas flag? I just don’t get it!

Obviously, the flag was hand made by a harmless hippie.

100_1647.jpg

TCD

Yup! Very cool, indeed! Maybe Rocky is a "Deer Whisperer"?

I always enjoy the view from this side of the canal, by the cabin:

100_1626.jpg

One of my favorite views also, and I have taken several photos from that spot!

100_1647.jpg

Rocky had never seen a deer before.

I presume that the deer must have seen a dog and a human before.

But the deer seemed to be curious about Rocky.

And Rocky was sure curious about the deer.

Were these two creatures somehow communicating with each other?

Why were they both just silently staring?

Both of these animals were completely calm and at ease.

Just calmly staring at each other.

Which is not how Rocky normally would act.

If it had been another dog, or a cat, or even a squirrel over there across the canal, Rocky would be pulling at his leash, straining to get over there.

But he was perfectly happy to just sit and stare at the deer.

This went on for quite a while.

Eventually, the staring contest would have to end.

Right?

I’ll tell you how it ended in my next post.

TCD

Very cool indeed!

I love the way your framed the shot.

Seeing pictures of Rocky makes me want a big dog again.

Awesome TR, as always. :thumbsup2 Can't wait to hear how the staring contest ends!

Thanks, Leslie.

The staring contest ends in the next post.

Yup! Very cool, indeed! Maybe Rocky is a "Deer Whisperer"?

Yes, that may be it!

Also, regarding your comment about hippies making the odd flag, you may be on to something. Maybe the explanation for the weird combination of characters is drugs! :hippie:

Very cool indeed!

I love the way your framed the shot.

Seeing pictures of Rocky makes me want a big dog again.

Thanks, Tom.

It just goes to show that you never know what you will run into at the Fort!

TCD

So you want to know how the Rocky and deer encounter ended?

Uneventfully.

Rocky and the deer stood and looked at each other for a long time.

I have a lot of photos like this:

100_1659.jpg

The two animals stood their ground and stared. Maybe the wild one was sizing up the domesticated one, and thinking about what it would be like to have a human take care of it, and not have to worry about finding food and a safe place to sleep each night. Maybe the domesticated one was thinking about what it would be like to be free- to be able to wander wherever he would like to go- and do whatever he would like to do, without having a human lead him around with a collar and leash. Do animals think? These guys sure seemed as if they were thinking real hard.

And, then, after what seemed like an eternity, the deer let out a loud snort, and then turned and walked into the woods.

Rocky gave me a “What the Fort?” look.

I shrugged my shoulders.

And we continued on our walk.

I guess you had to be there, but it was pretty neat watching those two animals look at each other.

It was like they were communicating telepathically.

It’s a moment I will remember for a long time.

And since the deer quit staring first, Rocky is the winner of the great 2011 deer staring contest.

What a dog!

I turned back after we had walked just a bit further, and saw a Segway tour group heading over the bridge behind the 300 loop:

100_1661.jpg

We walked all the way to where another canal intersects with this one.

There were post and rails here blocking us from walking up to the edge of the intersecting canals:

100_1662.jpg

There are remains of a bridge here.

This old Fort Wilderness map (circa 1978) shows us that there were once footbridges that crossed the canal where we are now stopped, as well as the canal that travels next to the 1500 loop leading to the Meadow area:

1978_ftwildernessmap.jpg

This map tells us that the area across the canal from where we are currently standing was once known as the Horseshoe Bend Recreation Area. I guess the Horseshoe Bend refers to the curve in the railroad track that traveled through this area. I don’t know what recreation activities took place here. Does anyone remember anything about this area?

If you turn to the right at this spot, this is what you see:

100_1663.jpg

What you are looking at is a continuation of the path, which leads all the way to the Dog Park and playground area by the 300 loop. You can see the Dog Park fencing in the background of the photo above, along with the volleyball net.

This is the view looking back from this spot toward the bridge behind the 300 loop:

100_1664.jpg

After walking along the path we just looked at, we arrive at the edge of a little pond. We can see the dog park just across this pond, and that is the 500 loop in the background:

100_1665.jpg

Turning to the left here, we see the canal that travels toward the 1400 loop and 500 and 600 loops. This is the canal that those renting canoes typically paddle around:

100_1666.jpg

Somewhere in the thick brush across the canal lie the remains of the old Fort Wilderness Rail Road:

100_1667.jpg

This is the view looking down the length of the canal, away from the Dog Park:

100_1668.jpg

Looking toward the 500 loop, we see the 300 loop playground:

100_1669.jpg

The cold weather that we have had in Florida already this year has really made some of the leaves turn brilliant colors:

100_1670.jpg

These tree roots are right behind a site on the 300 loop:

100_1671.jpg

Here are a couple of shots looking across the little pond toward the dog park:

100_1672.jpg

If you look carefully at this shot, you will see a couple enjoying a nice bike ride on this beautiful New Year’s Day morning:

100_1673.jpg

From here, we turned around, and headed back on the same path on which we had just traveled.

Rocky had been good about walking all this way on his leash, but when we got to the main canal, he suddenly bolted, and pulled the leash from my hand. He was free for a couple of minutes, and ran around like a mad dog:

100_1676.jpg

Luckily, he does not run off when he pulls this stunt, so I was able to grab his leash, and we continued on our way.

I will take a moment here to once again encourage anyone reading along to get off of the beaten path at Fort Wilderness. In all my visits to the Fort, I had never one walked the entire length of this pet walk area by the 300 loop. I have heard multiple reports of otter sightings in the canal here, and I personally have seen many deer along here. There probably is even the occasional alligator swimming by.

Here we are back on the 300 loop. This site is just across from the pedestrian exit in the back of the 300 loop. Notice how they have a little fenced in area for their dogs there in front of the motorhome:

100_1678.jpg

Isn’t January 1st considered to be a holiday?

Well, it wasn’t for this castmember, who just had to paint the trash cans on the 300 loop on New Year’s Day:

100_1679.jpg

There was a Real Man of Genius finalist camping on the 300 loop. But I never got a photo of his genius set up, so I gave the award to the guys who brought their own table, chairs and light to the beach. This guy on 300 brought his own fence, which he set up around his campsite for his dogs. Here he is loading up the fence sections:

100_1680.jpg

You can see some of the fence pieces still in place behind the guy’s site:

100_1681.jpg

Here is a site with nice decorations on the 300 loop:

100_1682.jpg

The main road outside the 300 loop entrance was torn up:

100_1683.jpg

I heard that there was a water main break on the 300 loop during Christmas week. The loop was without water, including the comfort station, for a full day, and then there were other interruptions in service while repairs were made.

From here, we traveled back to our site.

Coming up . . .

Watching bowl games.

And we wait for the arrival of a special guest.

And, a pretty funny video of Rocky revealing a previously unknown skill which he possesses!

TCD

This old Fort Wilderness map (circa 1978) shows us that there were once footbridges that crossed the canal where we are now stopped, as well as the canal that travels next to the 1500 loop leading to the Meadow area:

1978_ftwildernessmap.jpg

This map tells us that the area across the canal from where we are currently standing was once known as the Horseshoe Bend Recreation Area. I guess the Horseshoe Bend refers to the curve in the railroad track that traveled through this area. I don’t know what recreation activities took place here. Does anyone remember anything about this area?
TCD

Hmmm..... I vaguely remember this area, but there was nothing special about it. I think it was a spot for picnics, touch football, kids to run off energy, etc. Today, its all overgrown with kudzo plants and other stuff - you know - the "non-native" vegetation they removed from all the loops? I do remember the bike barn being back in this location. If you notice, there is no mention on the map of the Meadow Pool, and there are no cabin loops. As Carol once reminded me, 2100 was originally a camping loop. When we stayed at the Fort in the 70's, the only exploring we did was by the train - which obviously, didn't go back to the 2000/2100 loops. You notice that what is now the "Outpost Bus Stop" was once "Gateway Depot". Before Epcot's opening, there were no buses that came into the Fort from the outside. You took the boats to either the MK, Poly, or CR. They did offer direct buses from the Fort to the ticket kiosk area for the MK. From there you took the monorail or the ferry to the MK. It's not shown on this map, but where the Settlement bus stop now resides was then the tram stop where you could transfer to a bus or walk to the marina. The buses drove down the road that now leads to the WL. The road had a direct path to the intersection where you either go straight ahead to the Poly or right to the CR. Other than the FW to MK buses, there was no other bus service because the Poly & CR were the monorail resorts and needed no buses. There were no internal buses in the Fort - just the tram. Also - at the Gateway Depot you will find a ticket booth. That is where you bought your tickets for R.C. and the M.K. The trams or the train took you back to R.C. Both transportation options were fun and relaxing - unless it was raining.

Another thing was that back in the beginning, there were no paved sidewalks at the Fort. All the walking paths were covered in cypress mulch. I don't remember when they started paving sidewalks, but I believe it was around 1976 when R.C. first opened. Our first visit to the Fort in 1974, we stayed in 400. After dark the train service stopped and you had to either walk (carrying your chairs) or take the tram to the campfire/movie program. The entire area was mulched, and there were no bleachers. You brought your own chairs or a blanket to sit on to watch the movie. It was that trip I first saw "Snowball Express" - to me, a classic! Thanks for mining some history!!

And, then, after what seemed like an eternity, the deer let out a loud snort, and then turned and walked into the woods.

I believe that "snort" was the same noise my DH gives me as he exits the room when he knows he cannot win the argument! Good for Rocky for standing his ground, yet so calmly! He is too cute, I would love to kiss his smushed little face (and slip him a cookie or two:rolleyes:)

Hmmm..... I vaguely remember this area, but there was nothing special about it. I think it was a spot for picnics, touch football, kids to run off energy, etc. Today, its all overgrown with kudzo plants and other stuff - you know - the "non-native" vegetation they removed from all the loops? I do remember the bike barn being back in this location. If you notice, there is no mention on the map of the Meadow Pool, and there are no cabin loops. As Carol once reminded me, 2100 was originally a camping loop. When we stayed at the Fort in the 70's, the only exploring we did was by the train - which obviously, didn't go back to the 2000/2100 loops. You notice that what is now the "Outpost Bus Stop" was once "Gateway Depot". Before Epcot's opening, there were no buses that came into the Fort from the outside. You took the boats to either the MK, Poly, or CR. They did offer direct buses from the Fort to the ticket kiosk area for the MK. From there you took the monorail or the ferry to the MK. It's not shown on this map, but where the Settlement bus stop now resides was then the tram stop where you could transfer to a bus or walk to the marina. The buses drove down the road that now leads to the WL. The road had a direct path to the intersection where you either go straight ahead to the Poly or right to the CR. Other than the FW to MK buses, there was no other bus service because the Poly & CR were the monorail resorts and needed no buses. There were no internal buses in the Fort - just the tram. Also - at the Gateway Depot you will find a ticket booth. That is where you bought your tickets for R.C. and the M.K. The trams or the train took you back to R.C. Both transportation options were fun and relaxing - unless it was raining.

Another thing was that back in the beginning, there were no paved sidewalks at the Fort. All the walking paths were covered in cypress mulch. I don't remember when they started paving sidewalks, but I believe it was around 1976 when R.C. first opened. Our first visit to the Fort in 1974, we stayed in 400. After dark the train service stopped and you had to either walk (carrying your chairs) or take the tram to the campfire/movie program. The entire area was mulched, and there were no bleachers. You brought your own chairs or a blanket to sit on to watch the movie. It was that trip I first saw "Snowball Express" - to me, a classic! Thanks for mining some history!!

Deb-

Thank you so much for providing the history!

It is hard for me to envision how the Fort used to be.

This Horseshoe Bend Recreation area is a good example.

The area is so overgrown now that it is hard to imagine the train going through there, and the area being open enough for sports fields.

I have yet to explore this area of the Fort.

But, I will one of these days.

I believe that "snort" was the same noise my DH gives me as he exits the room when he knows he cannot win the argument! Good for Rocky for standing his ground, yet so calmly! He is too cute, I would love to kiss his smushed little face (and slip him a cookie or two:rolleyes:)

Funny!

If you ever slip Rocky a couple of cookies, you will have a friend for life!

Great report as always. Thanks!

Thanks. I will have some more coming up in just a bit.

TCD

After Rocky and I got back to the site on the morning of January 1st, I whipped up a big breakfast for everyone.

While I cooked, Rocky helped by digging little holes in the sand so would have someplace to trip if I wasn’t looking:

100_1684.jpg

Rocky had already dug quite a few of these traps, and must have been quite pleased with himself, as I twisted my ankle several times, especially in the dark.

After breakfast, it was time for another walk.

I had noticed this pole or tree on the other side of the canal from the 1500 loop over the past couple of days:

100_1689.jpg

It’s probably no big deal, but I couldn’t tell if this was just a dead tree, or if it is a pole which was placed over there for some reason.

If we zoom in for a closer look, it looks like what I thought was a diagonal brace does not appear to be attached to the vertical part:

100_16891.jpg

I’m filing this as an unsolved mystery for now. Maybe this is a pole that will be used to carry a wire across the canal. Or maybe it's just a dead tree that looks like a pole. I don't know.

Do all of you know that if you visit one of the WDW theme parks on the 31st, you get a free hat? Here is what they looked like this year:

100_1690.jpg

(We didn’t visit a park on the 31st, but there were quite a few of these hats scattered about the Fort on the morning of the 1st)

After our breakfast, and after-breakfast walk, Rocky and I tidied up the campsite while the girls hit the showers. Rocky thought about burying one of his bones, but he apparently didn’t like how the sand/clay stuck to his nose:

100_1693.jpg

When the girls got back, we played a new board game. Santa always brings the TCD gang a board game or two, and we usually play the games during Christmas break. Today, we played a card game called Apples to Apples. Has anyone ever played this before? My oldest DD said she had, so we didn’t read the rules. The game ended up being rather contentious, but still a load of fun. I have been meaning to go back and read the rules, because I’m not sure we played it right, as there was a lot more arguing than I would have expected.

Then it was hammock time:

100_1695.jpg

Followed by looping.

We found water bubbling up from the ground on a site in the 600 loop:

100_1697.jpg

100_1698.jpg

It sure seems like there have been a lot of problems with the water and sewer in the new part of the 600 loop.

I had never seen this holiday inflatable before, so I snapped a photo:

100_1699.jpg

If you read trip reports here on the boards, you may recall that Disboarder Devores posted a photo of this decoration a couple of weeks ago. But, in case you missed it, here it is. By the way, the Hippo’s head moved back and forth. Cool!

As I mentioned earlier, we were expecting a visitor on the 1st. My younger sister, who lives in Tampa, was supposed to be driving over for the day with her DD Daisy. She was supposed to arrive in the early afternoon, and my oldest DD planned to drive back later in the afternoon with Rocky after the visit. My sister said she possibly might want to spend the night, and I told her that we could make that work.

But early afternoon came and went.

And we watched the Gators fight it out with the Nittany Lions.

Around half-time, my sister called. She hadn’t left Tampa yet.

My oldest DD needed to get on the road.

But we really wanted Daisy and Rocky to have a chance to play.

So, my oldest DD headed out before my sister arrived.

And, Rocky got a bonus night at the Fort.

The Gator game finished and still no TCD sister.

We took Rocky to the dog park before it got dark and closed.

On the way back, one of the TCD twins asked if we could stop for a tetherball game.

I didn’t see why not.

Rocky was supposed to watch.

But he wanted to play:

100_1719.jpg

100_1724.jpg

100_1735.jpg

We were playing tetherball there on the 1500 loop.

This little girl, who had already met Rocky, stopped by to play, too:

100_1747.jpg

Here’s a video of Rocky showing off his mad tetherball skills:

As you can see, Rocky really likes tetherball.

We are thinking of getting him his own tetherball set for his birthday.

It was getting to be near six o’clock by now.

And still no sign of TCD sister.

But, just before dark, they arrived.

Next up . . .

We close down the dog park, and

(Finally) those Dole Whip photos.

Just so no one gets disappointed, remember that we left the Fort on the 2nd.

So the next post is actually the last chapter of this trip report.

:(

TCD

Oh, I love tetherball! What an awesome game, and of course Rocky would love the game!

I am so glad that Dole Whip photos are coming up. I have been so looking forward to them, even if it does mean the end of the report.

Great report as always!

I just want to say thanks for the motivation to explore more at the fort. And thanks for sharing your adventures. Always such a treat!

And Rocky has stolen the show in this report. Love the photo of him with your daughter in the hammock.

Great reporting! We too wondered what was up with all the sewer and water problems around the Fort. I hope everything is repaired soon, although I hope to never stay on the 600 loop. I just don't like it.

Oh, I love tetherball! What an awesome game, and of course Rocky would love the game!

I am so glad that Dole Whip photos are coming up. I have been so looking forward to them, even if it does mean the end of the report.

Great report as always!

Well, since you love tetherball, you will be happy to know that I have one more tetherball story to tell before this trip report ends!

And the Dole Whip photos will finally be revealed as well!

I just want to say thanks for the motivation to explore more at the fort. And thanks for sharing your adventures. Always such a treat!

And Rocky has stolen the show in this report. Love the photo of him with your daughter in the hammock.

Thanks.

And have fun exploring.

Adventure is Out There!

Great reporting! We too wondered what was up with all the sewer and water problems around the Fort. I hope everything is repaired soon, although I hope to never stay on the 600 loop. I just don't like it.

I don't know about everything being repaired soon.

It seems like there are some major problems going on.

I already mentioned that the 300 loop was without water for a day, and had a big line break.

I don't think I mentioned that there were sewer trucks and major work going on on the 800 loop.

There have definitely been a lot of problems.

I'm not sure that the quick fixes that have been going on are addressing the real problem- which is a forty year old system.

Also-

Before I end this report, I wanted to report a rumor that I heard several times.

Take it for what it's worth, but I heard it from multiple different folks.

CampingDawgs and I both heard it from other folks, and discussed it.

The rumor is that the Fort will be limiting the amount and type of decorations guests can put up at their sites. Apparently, some folks have been overloading the electric service at their sites (which I do not find hard to believe at all), and some guests have gone to the extent of creating "fixes" which create hazardous conditions. So, the word is that there will be limits imposed.

That should be interesting.

If it's true.

TCD

The rumor is that the Fort will be limiting the amount and type of decorations guests can put up at their sites. Apparently, some folks have been overloading the electric service at their sites (which I do not find hard to believe at all), and some guests have gone to the extent of creating "fixes" which create hazardous conditions. So, the word is that there will be limits imposed.

That should be interesting.

If it's true.

TCD
The quote that I heard from people who stay there quite frequently and compete and from CM's is that the participants will be "supervised" next year. I heard the straight poop.

Has anybody tried any of these products?

Is it OK to name a beer He’Brew?

I would think no.

But, apparently I am wrong about that.

I have been absent from the TR train for the last dew whistle stops and am just now catching back up, so forgive me if this has already been posted... I just couldn't wait to read on without commenting! Yes, I have tried a couple of their products, ones not listed on this box. I have had the Genesis Ale and Messiah Bold, and quite enjoyed both. I've never seen the others listed here, but now I'll keep my eye out. Actually, I used to have a group of seminary guys that I met with, we were called the Thirsty Theologians, and Messiah Bold was kind of an initiation rite! Good times.
ShantaClausSm.png

We did the same thing when we got Apples to Apples after we read the rules the game got even better, you will learn that you have to play to the judge, you'll see what I am talking about.
Loved the video of Rocky plus I like how you link right to your videos that's great, I think Rocky did steal ( sorry wrong choice of words):rolleyes: your thunder he was great.
When we were there over the 4th of July I remember alot of sewer or drin work going on then also wonder if they will ever get it right.
As always thanks for a great trip report it helps us who live to far to visit often.:worship::worship::worship: you are one of the Kings of trip reports.

The quote that I heard from people who stay there quite frequently and compete and from CM's is that the participants will be "supervised" next year. I heard the straight poop.

So you heard it too. I wonder what "supervised" means? This could really impact some of the really over-the-top displays. While I understand the need for safety, I will miss some of the grand displays if Disney imposes very strict limits. As I said, this will be interesting.

I have been absent from the TR train for the last dew whistle stops and am just now catching back up, so forgive me if this has already been posted... I just couldn't wait to read on without commenting! Yes, I have tried a couple of their products, ones not listed on this box. I have had the Genesis Ale and Messiah Bold, and quite enjoyed both. I've never seen the others listed here, but now I'll keep my eye out. Actually, I used to have a group of seminary guys that I met with, we were called the Thirsty Theologians, and Messiah Bold was kind of an initiation rite! Good times.
ShantaClausSm.png

The Thirsty Theologians?

Sounds like trouble to me. :rotfl2:

I definitely lead a sheltered life as far as beer goes. I have no idea what 90% of the beer in specialty stores is. I stick to the mundane name brands.

We did the same thing when we got Apples to Apples after we read the rules the game got even better, you will learn that you have to play to the judge, you'll see what I am talking about.
Loved the video of Rocky plus I like how you link right to your videos that's great, I think Rocky did steal ( sorry wrong choice of words):rolleyes: your thunder he was great.
When we were there over the 4th of July I remember alot of sewer or drin work going on then also wonder if they will ever get it right.
As always thanks for a great trip report it helps us who live to far to visit often.:worship::worship::worship: you are one of the Kings of trip reports.

Oh, we played Apples to Apples with the dealer also serving as the judge. That's where we ran into trouble. Once people start giving input as to which card is best, it is obvious who played each card. Then people play favorites, or pick a card out of spite, rather than because it best fits the clue. Like I said, it got pretty contentious. Fun, but not the friendly family game I expected.

TCD

Apples to Apples fan here. That game, whether played by their rules or your own ;) is a lot of fun!

edited to add: if you like family games, another one you might want to try (if you haven't already) is Bananagrams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter