Long Island Disers!

If you read about it saw on tv the lst LIRR worker to die of covid that was a friend of ours. Truly heart breaking. Such a great guy.
I need lot of medical tests but worried. Our local quest lab closed for 2 weeks.
Hang in there everyone!

I knew Ray Kenny that died last week from the LIRR-he was a really nice guy. I am sure I saw the station maintainer that died at some point but I didn’t know him, I heard through conworkers that he was a really nice guy.
Right now my daughter is working from home so she spends two weeks here and then 3 weeks at her boyfriends (he also works from home), then 2 weeks here and we see where she goes from there-either back to Boston or back to boyfriends.
It is hecka boring here, I get out two days a week to go to an animal rescue I volunteer at for my “shift”. I am tired of cooking, trying to support local businesses by getting curbside. The weather has been so crappy so that doesn’t help things. At least when it’s nice out I can get out and walk or sit/work in the yard.

Hope everyone is doing well.
Anyone dealing with no electricity post storm?
Parts of our neighborhood lost power but it's restored now.
My son and dil in Commack heard it might be Sunday when they get restored.
Went to future dil bridal shower in a Suffolk restraunt. Only the servers wore masks. Out of 60 guests only 5 had masks. Dh and I wore them. We were squished in there like sardines. I am sure rules were broken.
I am just trying to stay healthy until my next surgery.
still waiting to see what the state and Nassau wedding rules will be for Labor Day weekend.
stay safe!

Anyone dealing with no electricity post storm?
Parts of our neighborhood lost power but it's restored now.
My son and dil in Commack heard it might be Sunday when they get restored.
Went to future dil bridal shower in a Suffolk restraunt. Only the servers wore masks. Out of 60 guests only 5 had masks. Dh and I wore them. We were squished in there like sardines. I am sure rules were broken.
I am just trying to stay healthy until my next surgery.
still waiting to see what the state and Nassau wedding rules will be for Labor Day weekend.
stay safe!
Hope all goes well with your upcoming surgery.

We lost power on Tuesday around 2:30pm and it was back on by 5am. BUT...that was the night before we were leaving to take my dd to college. So the requested baked ziti was no longer an option. She got to have grilled hamburgers instead. Our estimated time of departure was pushed back four hours due to lack of sleep. 4:00am came WAY too early given the next door neighbor was messing around with a very old, very broken generator until midnight right outside of our bedroom window. Then we had to find a working gas station. That added 45 min to the ride.

We’re on our way back now and I’m just hoping the fridge cooled all the way back down. It’s a 5 yr old Samsung :headache: and has been on the fritz for a few months now. I’m REALLY hoping I won’t be cleaning up a big moldy mess when we walk in the door.

Update: The fridge is working. Pool isn’t green. No traffic on the way back. Life is good right now.:thumbsup2

Last edited:
How is everyone doing?
This week is restaurant week. Looked at what was available by us. You can do take out. There really weren't that many places that we haven't tried in the past.
Has anyone you know been successful in getting a Covid vaccine? My son has but he is an ICU nurse on a Covid floor.
I saw a pharmacy in Center Moriches and now St. Hugh's in Huntington will be sites. Stony Brook is presently out of vaccine. None for even the nurses.

How is everyone doing?
This week is restaurant week. Looked at what was available by us. You can do take out. There really weren't that many places that we haven't tried in the past.
Has anyone you know been successful in getting a Covid vaccine? My son has but he is an ICU nurse on a Covid floor.
I saw a pharmacy in Center Moriches and now St. Hugh's in Huntington will be sites. Stony Brook is presently out of vaccine. None for even the nurses.
I was able to get appointments for DH and myself at Jones Beach. We both teach. I looked the day teachers were added to the list. A lot of my coworkers gave up their Jones Beach appointments in favor of the much closer Stonybrook appointments and we all know how THAT ended in disaster. I’m so glad I didn’t switch. I did think about it at the time though. Got my first shot on Sunday. I only experienced some muscle soreness at the injection site. Same as a flu shot for me.

Just wanted to add, I feel badly for the restaurant owners too. We’ve been ordering takeout here and there, but some places just don’t lend themselves to takeout that well. I’m still not comfortable dining in.

Last edited:
How is everyone doing?

Got my mom the shot at Jones Beach Yesterday- very organized and quick.

I am so ready for spring and sunshine.
Did anyone manage to get a vaccine appointment on Valentine’s Day when they opened up the underlying conditions? Dh and I tried all day. My dil finally got me one in Mid April at stony Brook and ds3 got Dh one for mid March at Aquaduct. So far away!’
I think by that time I will be stuck with the J and J one which even my ds3 nurse says is not that great for me,
He also said 2 people showed up in the ER with covid after they both were vaccinated. Not very encouraging for sure.
And thanks to the governor ds1 was able to coach basketball with no spectators and weekly covid swabs from the school nurse.

My wife has 4 imunune diseases. She had an appointment for March 30th at Aqueduct but yesterday daughter went online and was able to get her same day at appointment at York College. I think Citifield and York are also walkon areas so I think maybe if they see no to many walkins they open appoinmtents up that day.

I know this thread is not very active but hoping everyone is enjoying their summer.
Do you have a favorite farm stand?
Lately we got pies from Windy Acres (Peach crumb was fantastic) and Briemeres (Strawberry cream$$$ but great) and of course the vegetables.
Ds3 said covid is getting bad at StonyBrook. He said it’s so crowded there that 40 people in the er are waiting for beds (just regular patients). Be careful out there everyone!

Hank Hulse Farms is very close to us. DH tends to pick up firewood from there. Just recently, he got one of their Sour Cherry Pies. I’m not usually a pie fan, but it was a REALLY good pie!

Stay safe everyone!
Got the flashlight, candles, propane, full gas tank and cash
Cell phone and kindle charged
Doing laundry
Dishwasher tonight
Now it’s off to the grocery store. Really tomm. Is our reg. Shopping day.
Hope we are good.

Stay safe those in Suffolk County! I think we have the highest covid rate in the state.
Ds says it’s a covid explosion at Stony Brook Hospital. 197 covid patients and they say the supposed peak will be January 9-10.
They are opening the testing site again at the university.

Stay safe those in Suffolk County! I think we have the highest covid rate in the state.
Ds says it’s a covid explosion at Stony Brook Hospital. 197 covid patients and they say the supposed peak will be January 9-10.
They are opening the testing site again at the university.
I wish they had left the testing sites at Stony Brook and Jones Beach open all along. I know a lot of people who didn’t bother getting tested when they should have because of the hours long lines at CityMDs and other urgent care facilities. Especially since home tests are so hard to come by. It MIGHT have helped to stop some of the spread if people knew for sure that their “cold” wasn’t just that.

At least NY is reopening test sites. Florida isn’t. Said people don’t need to test. I don’t get it.

Anyone get the postcard today about the National Grid settlement? There is such a huge time frame involved that I don’t know how they would expect someone to remember if they received a cell phone call about their past due account over a time span of 10 years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter