Lisa & John Surprise Swan Wedding 12/09/08 ~ TR begins Pg 7 ~ 5/22-Wedding Day Part 3

No you are not crazy! Now I can't say whether or not that is a lot of money for alterations because I haven't had mine done yet but it sounds like you have someone that knows what they are doing so that's a relief.

We've purchased, sized and picked up our rings. DF just wanted a plain gold band and I got a small gold band with teeny diamonds in the center. I'll post a picture soon. I wanted small and simple that would not take away from the diamond. It fits me a little too tight so I'm going to bring it back to see if they can make it a wee bit bigger.

My second fitting is Saturday. I may get my jewelry from the tailor - she has some nice things so I will try some stuff on while I have the dress on.

On a crazy mission for favors. I have had no luck finding things to make a special Christmas ornament - many trips to the craft stores so I may move on. I found the cutest silver snowflake votive at Target the other day - they only had 2 so I bought both. I was thinking to use as decor during the ceremony, but I'm wondering if I can find a bunch more and use them as favors. We'll see.

I got my white ballet slippers and I just need to decorate them.

My friends who are in on the secret offered to do a craft night with me next week to work on the favors and invitations. Thank goodness for these girls - they are totally saving me. I don't know what I would do without them :grouphug:

12/9 is too close for comfort at this point :scared1:

Sorry to hear about having to get your ring resized again!! As for the christmas ornament I don't know when you plan on going down for the wedding but if you have a few days maybe you can make contact with the christmas store downtown disney in advance to work something out!

Sorry to hear about having to get your ring resized again!! As for the christmas ornament I don't know when you plan on going down for the wedding but if you have a few days maybe you can make contact with the christmas store downtown disney in advance to work something out!

I was just going to suggest the same thing after I read she was having trouble and you did it for me! The store is really great plus if you want you can have it personalized with each person's names!

Thanks for the suggestions, ladies! I think I may be on to something - there is a cute little silver/mirrored snowflake votive holder that I found at Target. It will work perfectly with my theme. I figure I can tie a soft pink ribbon around it, add a pink or white votive, maybe add a net full of pink candy and stick them in the bags I have planned and call it a day!

We've moved our craft day from next Thursday to the 16th. This will give me some time to find more supplies (so far between 2 Targets, I have only found 6 votives holders). We'll see.

Still doing a lot of waiting - it's almost time to finalize and pay balances on the DP and the Swan, but seems like lots of details needing to be worked out. I may have to go bridezilla in the next week or two to get some answers back from these people.

I had my second fitting today. It's amazing how much better a dress feels when it doesn't fall down! She's done an amazing job so far. The top is nice and snug and a bit more shapely where it should be :-)laughing: ), she's now ready to secure the straps and hem it. I go back the 15th for my next fitting. I also picked out some jewelry from her - just a simple dainty necklace that has about 5 or 6 crystals on it with one kind of pointed down in the center - and matching earings.

:wizard: Ta dah - I have pictures........

Front of dress:
Headlessgown11108.jpg

Front of dress with ballet slipper peaking out:
Headlessw-slippers11108.jpg

Back of dress:
HeadlessBack11108.jpg

Back of dress (planning "invisible" French bustle so we won't lose any detail with the flaps on the train or get extra bumps because of it):
IMG_0311.jpg

Rings - not the best picture. It's so hard to capture the detail:
rings.jpg

You are coming so close! Oh my goodness!

Your dress is so pretty!

Did you get a tingle when you saw your rings next to each other??

Can't wait to see your votive holder! :banana:

Awwwwwwwwwwwww the dress looks absolutely gorgeous on you! :love: It is so perfect for you! Everything is coming together beautifully. Enjoy these last few weeks, they will go by so quickly. Prayers and best wishes for you during the home stretch (and always) :hug:

The dress is beautiful! I love the detailing on the back! Great job with the rings, they complement each other perfectly! Can't wait to see the votive holders, it sounds so pretty!

You are coming so close! Oh my goodness!

Your dress is so pretty!

Did you get a tingle when you saw your rings next to each other??

Can't wait to see your votive holder! :banana:

Oh yes, I am getting so close...a little too close for comfort!! I did love seeing the rings together. Thank you so much! :hug:

Disneyaddict1973 said:
Awwwwwwwwwwwww the dress looks absolutely gorgeous on you! It is so perfect for you! Everything is coming together beautifully. Enjoy these last few weeks, they will go by so quickly. Prayers and best wishes for you during the home stretch (and always)

Thank you so much, you are the best :flower3:

Donald'sGirl said:
The dress is beautiful! I love the detailing on the back! Great job with the rings, they complement each other perfectly! Can't wait to see the votive holders, it sounds so pretty!

The back of the dress is what sold me on the dress. The back is also why I have been considering not having a veil. More on that... But thank you!!

bridetobe789 said:
Your dress looks great!! Just over a month left that is crazy!!

Crazy! You got that right :scared1: :lmao: . Thank you.

DisneyBrideToni said:
Love your dress!!!! The back is gorgeous.

Thank you! Again, the back is my favorite part.

I've been considering not wearing a veil. I think they are very pretty but I don't love the idea of one on my head. And when I ever got this dress and thought about the veil covering up the back it led me to think, no veil. But over the weekend, I started thinking that a veil might make me feel more like a bride. I ordered a 26inch 1 tier simple veil off of ebay last night. It was dirt cheap (and hopefully won't look that way LOL). But I figure one tier will be nice and transparent, 26 inches is not very long, and maybe I could bedazzle it with a few rhinestones and a hidden mickey or two. And being cheap, if I don't like it with the dress, I won't feel guilty about scrapping the idea.

In other news, the application for license by mail arrived today. I just emailed it last Thursday I think - that was super fast!

Still no word from either the Swan or Disney. I might need to go bridezilla in a few days :rotfl2:

OMG - I am having panic attacks due to my ticker!!! :scared1:

• Marriage license application notarized & mailed back to Florida this week.
  • Gift tags for favors are almost done.
  • Crafting day with friends on Sunday to hopefully get the favors and invitations done (remember, invites are more of a souvenir in our situation). Also hope to practice bedazzling the veil.
  • Have another fitting tomorrow. I got my wrap back so I will br bringing that and the veil with me to see how they all look together.
  • Finalized all details with the Swan and will be mailing final payment this weekend.
  • Almost all finalized with Disney on the DP.
  • Still need Tux.
  • Need to contact Rev Tim Herring - (we got him!!) to do the ceremony stuff.
  • Disney tickets and itinerary have arrived :)
  • Lots more stuff to do...

I promise to take pictures of any of the crafts we finish on Sunday.

Lots to report - just have not had lots of time to post. I am very limited with the time I have so I have to be super disciplined if I am going to get it all done. Other than Thanksgiving (which I am cooking for) I have no days off before we leave for Disney - between my regular job and side job. It's all a bit overwhelming - but I do see the light at the end of the tunnel...

Went to my friends for crafting last week and they threw me a surprise shower! These are my best friends who are in on the secret - they are so awesome. I will have to wait to post pictures until after the reveal :lmao:

The favors are just about done. I need to put together a couple of more "just in case" bags. And then I need to get them packed up & ship them off to my sister.

The dress was picked up today! It came out awesome. I am so happy that I found the fabulous (expensive) tailor that I did. But I look at it like this - I spend a total of $716 for the dress + alterations for an $1100 gown - so even though the alterations costs significantly more than I paid for the dress - in total I think I did alright.

We have the license, the Swan is paid, Disney is paid - credit card bills will never be paid :rotfl:

Lots of other odds & ends to finish but I'm feeling alright about it all - at the moment anyway. When I get some time I will try to get some pictures of the favors and invites up. Otherwise I will include it all in a trip report soon...

We leave for Disney in 2 weeks :banana:

subscribing--I've always loved the idea of a "surprise" wedding!

Oh I am so excited, you are so close! It is going to be fantastic! Great job with the price of the dress and alterations!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter