Lisa & John Surprise Swan Wedding 12/09/08 ~ TR begins Pg 7 ~ 5/22-Wedding Day Part 3

Pixie,

that's beautiful!!!!!

Thanks, ladies - and great advice Keenercam! Took a bit of trying (and then finally getting the style # right - can you say transposition :laughing: ) but I found it.

I guess it's from a few seasons ago - but I still love it:

MyDress.jpg

Pixie, so glad my hint helped you find a picture of your absolutely beautiful gown!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Demetrios!! :lovestruc

Thank you ladies!! You are all so very kind - that is why I love it here :flower3: . I just wish I had more time to hang out and catch up with all of the awesome PJ's & TR's...so much to learn about everyone, and so many wonderful ideas.

So far I have not heard from Park Catering as Disney Bill hoped I would (regarding Dessert Party). I contacted him as instructed (if I didn't hear by midweek) but have not heard back yet. BUT - a good but - after some clever research I have found a phone number. They are not opened this evening but be certain I am going to give them a ring in the morning :upsidedow . We shall see if this can be worked out.

:wizard:

OOOOOOOMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGG! Pixie!!!!!:lovestruc The dress is gorgeous!!!! A Demetrios for $199.00!!?!! It was fate! That dress is meant to be yours. Am so excited that all is going so well....Keep us posted:)

Thank you everyone! :hug:

I've already gone into my closet a couple of times to take a peek. If I had the house to myself a bit more I'd probably have done it a lot more :lmao: . It's probably better that I leave it be though.

I've made a little progress with the dessert party. I was put in touch with Disney's catering people who have all of my info and know what I am looking for. And yes, it is absolutely possible to do this. It is not a function strictly for DFTW's. There are a whole lot of events/parties that Disney books for many different occasions. The key is that you need to be staying at a Disney resort (we are). Now it's just a matter of availability. I should have some kind of answer next week.

Keeping my fingers crossed - and working on a back up plan :dance3:

What a fun idea!!! I love this and I just can't wait to see how this all unfolds :) Good luck!!!

I have to say that I am a little disappointed. :confused3 I'm sure I am just a bit anxious and impatient - so sorry that I feel this way. But I still have heard nothing from Disney regarding a dessert party.

The last person I spoke with was on 7/25. Unfortunately I did not catch her name. But she was going to be my contact person. She was putting my info out to the Park Catering folks to see what availability there is for the date I am looking for. I figured it would take about a week to hear (maybe I'm not giving enough time). So today I tried to call her number and only get a fast busy signal all day.

My date is fast approaching and I need to have a plan. If the "post-wedding celebration" - "non-wedding attired Illuminations dessert party" is not going to pan out, I need an alternative and with less than 4 months out I think my options are less and less each passing day.

How much longer do you guys think I should hold out to hear from someone before I go to plan B? I'm such a busy person and will be out of town for a few days this week with limited access to my phone. I really want to do something special and different for our (hopefully) surprised guests. Any other suggestions?

Pixie,

I'm sorry you have not heard anything. Not having our events on land, I really can't say how long to allow, but I feel a week was more than enough time for her to get back to you. If you still can't get through tomorrow, is there someone you talked to before at another number that could direct you again?

Pixie your dress is amazing !! I could never keep all my excitement contained from all my friends and family w. a hidden wedding ! I swear everyone and their mom knows we are getting married at disney ! Best of luck w. the dessert party ! If you can't get your answers from the person you have been dealing w. maybe you can request to speak w. someone else?

Thanks, girls! I am glad you like my dress. It's stuffed in my closet and I peak at it as often as possible. It's probably a good thing that I am not home alone a lot, otherwise I'd be trying it on all the time :rotfl: .

I emailed the DFTW contact guy (I was originally assigned to) this morning but have not heard back from him. I told him what was going on and that I am hoping he can get me the person's contact info. If I hear nothing when I get back in town next week I guess I will move on. I'm just very surprised with the lack of customer service with Disney - it is not like them at all. I've been trying to get some answers for about a month now. :confused3

I hope to have some updates next week...:wizard:

Oh my, I am such a dope! I must apologize for being upset with Disney and their customer service. I finally head from my contact on Friday. I guess she left a couple of messages with someone at home who did not give them to me. Well, I did get one a couple of weeks ago that "someone called from your hotel at Disney and they said they would call you back". I figured it had something to do with our room reservation (since even Coronado Springs came up on the caller ID). I just love the message takers at my house :sad2: Anyhow, seems like the dessert party is going to work out. She (Erika) told me she was not worried about time and that we should be able to book something - there is always the possibility that we may have to be flexible with the date but we should be able to have the party. I will know more next week. :cheer2: :yay:

She (Erika) told me she was not worried about time and that we should be able to book something - there is always the possibility that we may have to be flexible with the date but we should be able to have the party. I will know more next week. :cheer2: :yay:

Pixie,

I am so glad this is going to work out. It's getting closer and the 'not knowing' is so frustrating. Please keep us posted as you get more details. Does your family have any idea what this trip is about??? I think it is amazing those that can pull of a surprise like this!

My choices are Paris (the French Arm) and Morocco. I have chosen Paris as my first choice. We are now waiting to find out about availability. I am trying so hard to be patient...little excited, little anxious, little irritated...keeping fingers crossed. I hope to know something this week.

Otherwise nothing new to report. I was out of town again and completely sidetracked from the wedding. Although I do not have lots of projects planned - I do need to get on the ball! I will blame it all on the DP roadblock.

:scared1: :dance3:

Pixie, I am so glad that everything is falling into place :woohoo:! I hope you get Paris for the dessert party! That will be such a lovely view! I guess all of them are great views anyway :goodvibes:. Good luck with the rest of your planning, wedding twin :rotfl: -- can't wait to hear the rest!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter