Lindsay and Chris PJ! WP/Italy Isola/AAR...Disneyland Paris Honeymoon added 7-19

It sounds like everything is going to be just beautiful! Can't wait to read more!
I hope so!!! I can't wait!

I love everything that you picked out. The linens are great and the I love the colors. I also LOVE that last cake with the crystals. So pretty. :goodvibes
Isn't that cake just amazing?!!?

Lindsay that cake is beautiful! It is going to look awesome and the cake choices yummy! I love the color combinations and table settings! It really is going to be so pretty! :yay:
Thanks! Laura was very excited when I told her I liked that table setting, she was very proud of it.

Lindsay- I love the wedding cake and the flowers.. you and Caryn look so much alike... Miss you
Thanks Christina. I'm obsessed with my flowers (and I never thought I would be!!) I thought that we saw you in Epcot, but I wasn't sure if it was you... I was hobbling along after the half (literally, hobbling) Everyone says that Caryn and I look alike...

WOW What a great description of the marathon!! I'm so proud of you! I could never have run that! Congratulations!!!
Thanks, we both trained really hard for it! I'm super proud of my medal!

Lindsay I love your floral choices and the cake is beautiful :)
Thanks! I know you love pink flowers too!

Wow! You guys are awesome! DF and I have been running some. He dosen't run much but can walk. I about died after running 5K for the first time last night! I'm suprer impressed! WTG!
All you need to do is train. I don't know if I could run a 5k because I'm used to pacing myself pretty slowly so that I can wogg a longer race.

Hi lindsay!!! I've been lurking in your planning jornal for a little while and thought i should finally come out and say helloooo. I LOVE those two cakes and think they'll look awesome together. Also, do you remember Megan's friend Stephanie that she's beens friends with since forever? I'm her sister Ashley :goodvibes I'm not sure if you remember me or not but i know we've definitel met lol.
I do remember you! HI!!! I'm glad you came out of lurkdom!

I guess I should start the next part of our trip....

Lindsay and Caryn you guys did such a great job running that! I could never do it! I am in awe! Lindsay you did a fantastic description of it, I could picture exactly where you were along the route. Congrats!!:banana: :cheer2:

Sounds like a fun race. I'll be doing the Princess 1/2 in March. Want to join me Lindsey?

Congrats on your success in the race Lindsay (and Caryn)! I suppose its better to run when its cool rather than having to cope with heat and humidity as well as exhaustion lol!

I love your choices for your wedding, the cake is beautiful and your flowers are absolutely gorgeous!

hi carol ann! how are you? how are your vr plans coming?

ok. i have some actual wedding planning updates...

programs will be like these. i will do them in white, cream and pink scrolls with black ribbons
large_image-9.jpg

menus will be like this with the mickey hanging from the top...
large_image-8.jpg

ea99c33b.jpg

veil embellishments (these are actually scrapbook stickers, but i'm going to use rhinestone glue on the back and they should be fine.) they are actually rather large and quite beautiful in person. i might have to add some more...
photo-4.jpg

i bought an aisle runner, to recap, this is what will go on it, the H will be pink really fine glitter, the other writing will be in black.
linmonogramcolor.jpg

the place cards will be their favors. i'm going to make tags for them. either mickey head tags or regular tags, we haven't decided yet. i still might do regular place cards, we'll have to see...

the invitations are done and ready to go out. lindsay should be sending them this week.

Saturday Jan 10
RACE DAY

*Finally it was time for us to start. That was when we saw Speedo Man. (Caryn calls him Naked Man, but as he was not naked, I will be refering to him as Speedo Man). He was wearing sneakers, a red speedo (and not the full bodysuit that Michael Phelps wears... just the breifs) and a hat. Did I mention it was COLD????? And that's all this guy was wearing. Some very amused ladies behind us took pictures. I can't imagine how this guy didn't get frostbite. I didn't see him from the front, but a very amused man asked where he pinned his bib. :lmao:

!

My BIL ran in this also, and my niece told me all about how disturbing speedo man was, as well as how friggin' cold!
I am enjoying ready about your plans...

:) the 'old bride' jennifer

Wow! Everything you've chosen looks great!! Love the idea of the HEA cake with crystals too!! :)

The pink and black is stunning!! :)

AHHHHHHH ASHLEY!!!! Its MEGAN!!! HI!!!:wave2: How was your brothers wedding???? How is everyone??

:cool1: WOOOO!!!! Hi megan :goodvibes His wedding was totally fab lol. It was awesome and so much fun. It's so weird that i found you guys on the dis lol. We got your letter in the mail at Christmas time and i will tell eeryone you said hello TTYL :wave2:

When I last left off we had just finished our race. We went back to the hotel and I took some Motrin and iced my knee while Caryn took a shower. When she was done with her shower I took a bath. (Note to those of you who are wondering: Baths in the All Star Resorts leave a lot to be desired) Then I napped for about an hour and we had lunch. While at lunch Caryn and I called Michelle (piratekitty) who was also in Disney that weekend and we made plans to meet up later. We went back to the room and I accidentally fell asleep for another two hours. I hadn't planned on this nap but I really really needed it... while I was napping Caryn, Mark and Chris went to the pool and apparently they watched some lifeguard drills. (Caryn and Mark met as lifeguards at the Boardwalk pool so I guess they really liked seeing that)

After naptime we got dressed in our race shirts and medals and headed over to Epcot. We found a photopass guy who took this pic of us.

Engagementpictures509.jpg

We were very excited to take pictures with our medals (I'm sure you all understand). We walked around Epcot and rode Spaceship Earth and Finding Nemo. As we were leaving Finding Nemo we saw this man and woman who had a youngish child fighting with each other on a bench. The man was yelling at the lady telling her that "this place brings out the worst in you and we're never coming back!!!" We thought that was pretty amusing. They obviously needed a nap. For the rest of the trip Caryn would tell us that this place brings out the worst in us and we were never coming back.

Then we went over to Le Cellier for dinner. Caryn and Mark had never eaten there and we decided that it would be a nice place to celebrate. Caryn loved the bread so much that she started taking it out the little bread holder and "hiding" it on her plate.

Engagementpictures510.jpg

We finished our dinner and rode the Mexico ride and then Michelle called and said they were meeting us in France with another Disbride JoDee. We hobbled over to France and we were waiting in line when Michelle's husband looks at Caryn and says "Are you Lindsay??" :lmao: So I said Hi to Michelle's husband and we went over to Michelle and JoDee to say hi. We chatted a little about the PS and then went to watch Illuminations. Illuminations was fine except that our view was blocked by a child sitting on his father's shoulders. Now normally I wouldnt have a problem with this except that the child was only wearing a diaper. No pants, just a diaper. And it was very distracting... what if it leaked? Ew. Yuck. This may be controversial, but I do not understand why one wouldn't fully clothe their children.

After Illuminations, JoDee was going over to Jelly rolls. We said goodbye to her and then Michelle, Caryn and I decided to sit down in UK and chat some more. While we're sitting outside Rose and Crown we started to hear a ruckus behind us. Michelle's husband had been watching the whole ruckus before we noticed it and he was able to fill us in on what we missed. Apparently a father, son and the son's wife were drinking in Rose and Crown when the son was "assaulted" in the bathroom and they wanted to press charges. The son was yelling at the cop (a real Florida state trooper, gun and everything, not a Disney cop) and pointing his finger at him and the cop was yelling at him that if he didnt stop he was going to go to jail too. Then the father started yelling at the cop and they forced him to sit down. Then the son's wife came out crying about how her vacation was ruined. I know those people were having a bad night but for us it was HILARIOUS... Michelle's husband took a picture of us then and made sure to get the cops in the background. (If you look closely you can see them in the top right corner)

Engagementpictures511.jpg

Shortly after that a castmember asked us if we were with the group talking to the cop and we said no and the castmember asked us to sit elsewhere, so we never got to see the resolution of that particular incident... Highly amusing though.

We walked back to the car and went to the hotel. I iced my knee again and we went bed. I had slept a lot that day but I was really tired.

I just read everything, your wedding is going to be wonderful, I love all of your plans. The cake is going to be fabulous. Congrats to you both on finishing the race.

Congratulations Lindsay & Caryn! :cool1: I could never even imagine running a race like that. Sounds like you had an awesome time during your trip and PS.

All of your plans are looking wonderful! I love all of the things that Caryn is working on for you.

Keep those updates coming!

Lindsay, I must say I have really enjoyed reading your PS TR with the sidenotes from Caryn too :goodvibes

Congratulations on the race! It was really neat to hear how they have things set up along the way. I love the rhinestones for the cake, that is such a cool touch. I think it would be a great combo with the HEA one.

How cool that they had your tasting in the AAR :cool1: ; we were just stuck in the Epcot kitchen (we were at LS like Caryn).

My BIL ran in this also, and my niece told me all about how disturbing speedo man was, as well as how friggin' cold!
I am enjoying ready about your plans...

:) the 'old bride' jennifer
Speedo man was very disturbing. Did your niece happen to get a picture??

Wow! Everything you've chosen looks great!! Love the idea of the HEA cake with crystals too!! :)

The pink and black is stunning!! :)
Thanks!

I just read everything, your wedding is going to be wonderful, I love all of your plans. The cake is going to be fabulous. Congrats to you both on finishing the race.
Thanks! We're both really proud of ourselves for finishing.

Congratulations Lindsay & Caryn! :cool1: I could never even imagine running a race like that. Sounds like you had an awesome time during your trip and PS.

All of your plans are looking wonderful! I love all of the things that Caryn is working on for you.

Keep those updates coming!
It's very handy to have Caryn do stuff... it means I don't have to!
Lindsay, I must say I have really enjoyed reading your PS TR with the sidenotes from Caryn too :goodvibes

Congratulations on the race! It was really neat to hear how they have things set up along the way. I love the rhinestones for the cake, that is such a cool touch. I think it would be a great combo with the HEA one.

How cool that they had your tasting in the AAR :cool1: ; we were just stuck in the Epcot kitchen (we were at LS like Caryn).
I thought that we were going to be in the Epcot kitchen and I was very pleasantly surprised to see that we were in a secret area of AAR

Lindsay love the items Caryn is working on for you! Caryn you are doing a great job!
Isn't she??

Some new updates:

Invitations were sent out on Saturday so our guests should be getting them sometime this week. (I hope...)

Love all of your choices!!!! The black and white linens with fucshia looks awesome together. You are so lucky to have Caryn to take care of all of those details!!!!

Yay for sending out the invitaitons.:cool1:

Hi, Lindsay
We received our invitation Tuesday and will be honored to attend your wedding. (Actually we planned to show up with or without one, since we're Caryn's inlaws!:thumbsup2). The invitation (all parts of it) are just beautiful, which is no surprise since we all know how talented Caryn is! Speaking of whom, she came down with Mark Tuesday & filled us in on their visit with you and Chris and all about the marathon. What a hoot! Especially Mr. Speedo.

Your mom is going to be in Dallas this week & then in Houston for the weekend, so we hope to see her then. She's really excited about the shower and wedding. I hope Caryn remembers to get plenty of toilet paper for the wedding dress at the shower . . . I'll have to remind her.:rotfl2:

Can't wait for April 26!

Nana Katz

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter