Like the Phoenix, out of the ashes arises THE NEWEST WL FAQ! (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by sgtdisney
Thanks for the quick reply MagicinMYHEART! One more question, is the courtyard view room the most expensive (other than concierge) or is there a pool view or woods view. As you can tell I have not stayed at WL yet, OKW has been my home for a while now. I know that they would rather look out on trees or something other than a parking lot.

Yes other then Concierge or a Suite, Courtyard Views are the most expensive. There are two Courtyard Views one over looks the main pool and waterfalls the other Courtyard View over looks the Hidden Springs Pool and the Villas at Wilderness Lodge.

The Wilderness Lodge also has woods view that from some rooms you can see the castle at the MK and see the Wishes fireworks at a distance.

If you are a DVC member you already know most of the information about the VWL and they may enjoy staying in one of the studios. (or one-bedroom)

I know why you love OKW the room size are the best on property, I have also stayed at OKW and just loved looking out at the golfers early in the morning.

Originally posted by sgtdisney
Thanks for the quick reply MagicinMYHEART! One more question, is the courtyard view room the most expensive (other than concierge) or is there a pool view or woods view. As you can tell I have not stayed at WL yet, OKW has been my home for a while now. I know that they would rather look out on trees or something other than a parking lot.

Howdy SgtDisney!

I can help here- at the WL there are Standard, Woods and Courtyard rooms. They range up in price in that order. Courtyard offers views of the pool area. Woods you tend to get trees and Standard could be loading bays or parking lots.

I stayed in a woodsview when were were there in Oct. It was quiet but the view was mostly roof with some trees in the distance. I have heard that some of the Standard rooms can be noisy as they are over loading docks. There are some pretty great Woodsview rooms- like 5032 I think- you have a view of the otter pond, and the castle- hence you can see the fireworks from that location.

Hope that helps!

Posted by mickeycw : Made our reservations for WL today for September...can't wait to be going back to WDW and home to WL! Hope some codes come out soon or AP rates!

Congrats on making your ressies mickeycw !!
Exciting isn't it? ::yes:: When is September are you going? What type of room did you book?

I made our WL reservations yesterday and I am thrilled beyond words. I posted my news here a few pages back---but I think it got lost in between a couple of the negative posts that have been happening.:worried:

Maybe some of the vets here will scroll back and look for it(hint,hint) LOL !!
I really wanted to share my news :grouphug:

i read your post and I am sorry that we didn't say anything.

Was a standard available?? Cause you might get upgraded without paying the 175!
Either way, CONGRATS!

TooBoyz4us,

Sorry I missed your post...But I know you are going to love The Wilderness Lodge and you'll have a great stay. If you need any question answered please just ask...
Congratulations
mickey-dust.gif
Have a Great Trip.
mickey-dust.gif
Pixie Dust
12_1_126.gif

Please no more remarks about the other thread that was closed by OP request.

Well, it's a little late for that now. I've sat back while page after page of insults and complaints were thrown out at the poster who, after all, simply voiced their opinion.

Unlike the comments I've read here, Mickeyfan's post was neither rude or insulting. It simply was another viewpoint from someone who had legitimate concerns. The thread was closed and yet some of you who were involved insisted on bringing the argument over here. To his/her credit, Mickeyfan stayed out it and let you bash to your heart's content.

Now that just about every nasty thing that can be said about Mickeyfan has been said, everyone wants to stop and play nice.

It wasn't fair, it wasn't nice and it sure as heck wasn't very Disney-like.....something many of you claim to put a lot of stock in.

Say hello to the kettle, pots.

Personal attacks and bashing are not allowed on this board, or any others. If it continues, this thread will be closed. Please continue with the original intent of this thread.

Does anyone know if Disney would approve of my memory box? If you think they wouldn't, just tell me. It's ok. I just don't want to do anything wrong. Maybe you guys had special permission or something. Thanks!

Originally posted by The Edge
Does anyone know if Disney would approve of my memory box? If you think they wouldn't, just tell me. It's ok. I just don't want to do anything wrong. Maybe you guys had special permission or something. Thanks!

I don't know. I'd suggest you send a PM to Majestic as this thread has been quite busy. He might miss it here.

Current Temp in the World: 66*

Tonight: A steady rain this evening. Showers continuing overnight. Thunder possible. Low 59F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 70%. Rainfall around a half an inch.

Sunday: Showers ending early with clearing later in the day as drier air moves in on gusty breezes. High 72F. Winds WSW at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of rain 50%.

Sunday night: A few clouds. Low 49F. WNW winds at 15 to 25 mph, diminishing to 5 to 10 mph.

Monday: Partly cloudy. Highs in the upper 60s and lows in the low 50s.

Zippadee Do Dah Tip for the Day:

Take a gander at the Territory Map near Artist Point... Some of those islands look....."earish" :earsboy:

Almost to the end, once again. Let's end this on a happy note:

What is your happiest or silliest memory of the Lodge?

Mine is the many hours sitting by the kiddie pool watching Brittany "swimming" (sometimes w/ a strawberry dacaquire in my hand).princess:

This year was Kate's first time down the slide ( it is usually too cold in Feb to swim)

The look on her face when she came down was priceless..EYES WIDE, HANDS IN THE AIR!!! I got so tickled at her!!

hi all!

i was wondering if anyone had any idea about the historical ap rates for wl concierge in june? i made a reservation for wl concierge about three months ago, but as the date gets closer, i'm starting to have buyer's remorse :rolleyes:. i'm hoping that the historical ap rates are more attractive, or at least lessen the sting...:crazy: feel free to twist my arm, one way or the other!

thank y'all in advance! iit was your vision of the wl that made me book the wl in the first place. i'll hopefully be able to contribute to webpages with some wl pics soon!:wave:

Originally posted by DisneyDmbNut
i read your post and I am sorry that we didn't say anything.

Was a standard available?? Cause you might get upgraded without paying the 175!
Either way, CONGRATS!

Thankyou DisneyDmbNut !!!:goodvibes
Yes,standard was available. I know we could quite possibly be upgraded, but if we were not I'd be dissappointed I think.
Plus, now that I am reading more about courtyard view--I think we'd really like it.
So, in your opinion, is courtyard better in the north or south wings?

Originally posted by MagicInMyHeart Sorry I missed your post...But I know you are going to love The Wilderness Lodge and you'll have a great stay. If you need any question answered please just ask...

MagicInMyHeart,
Thankyou so much!!:teeth:
I'm sure as time goes by, I will think of alot of questions ::yes::

Honestly, I have had standard, woods and courtyard...while Courtyard was AWESOME this year, if I hadn't been upgraded, I would not have paid for it. I was out there a total of 4 times. Only for a brief amount of time..The North wing with a view of MK was darker and quieter...I really wanted to have a view this time and while great, I don't think I would have paid rack rate for it...just my .02

How much are you going to be in the room?? If often then get the upgrade, if not...weight the cost..

Originally posted by The Edge

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say no, Disney does not allow boxes or bowls or whatever to be planted on their property. Yes, their property. Just because you decide to plant a box or a bowl, or a whatever, does not give you the right to assume it will stay. And if you do plant a box or a bowl, or whatever, you can surely expect Disney to throw it away once they find it.

As for 'special permission', another 'highly doubtfful, wishful thinking' moment. Just because a group of people from a Disney fan site think they have special consideration because of their undying love for the WL does not mean they'll get any kind of special attention from Disney.

As you can see from my signature, I'm quite fond of the GF, it would never in a million years occur to me to go plant a box or a bowl or a whatever on THEIR property and expect it to last more than a day. Maybe if I get together with a few zealots and decide that I am somehow special, they'll let me? NOT!

One more thing before I go, if you have pictures of yourself with your special box or bowl or whatever, I wouldn't let somebody tell me they HAD to be posted on his website for me to use them. That was truly hilarious.

ETA..I thought this was the FAQ, not a home for 'WL VETS'?

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY VETS!

WOW! Miss a day or two and all "you know what" breaks loose! I can't believe it. Anyway, first I need to say to
Majestic - sorry to hear about the memory box. I KNOW you'll come up with something........

Ratpack Keep your chin up. I'm a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. God has plans for us that we can't hope to know, and sometimes what seems like a bad thing, turns out to be a blessing in disquise. Prayers and Pixie Dust to you and your family!

ROY!! I was SO happy to see an occasional post from you. I'll pm you. I hope you are doing well.

Corky Did you see "our boy" on Regis and Kelly last week? Ahhhhh.........

Also, it is not looking good for our April trip. OH well, I've always loved DisneyWorld in October!??!!::yes::

You make quite a few good points that I won't argue. Did I say that they weren't allowed to post their photos? Not really. I asked that they wait and you know what, out of respect, I think they decided to. Do I demand respect? Not really. I like all of the people I have been in touch with daily on the WL FAQ. I believe I have earned most peoples respect. Of course, anyone here can chime in and correct me if I am wrong. I have been wrong many times in the past and I am sure it will happen again. Of course, some may say I am tooting my own horn so to speak.

Yes, Disney didn't know about my box. Some cast members did and agreed that it was a cool idea. I only planned to make it a fun idea for us Lodgers. Then people started messaging me asking if it was just for us or if they could participate too. Who was I to say they couldn't?? Of course I let them and you know what???? I feel very pleased with the many stories I have read about people and families have posted and PMd to me about the hunt for the box. I feel that it enhanced the magic of the trip to the most magical place on earth. In no way did I intend to get anyone upset with the idea nor did I think that people would take offense to it. To those that did, in the interest of moving forward, I sincerely appologize.

I also didn't expect Disney to give anyone whether it was me or a group of, what did you call us..."zealots " permission to do anything what so ever on their property. I never asked nor did I plan to. Just wanted to make sure that was clear. Yeah we may love the lodge but to Disney, it's just business. The harsh reality.
Did I remember that it's just a business when I sat on the dock at the Poly watching Wishes with my 3 year old daughter for the first time? Nope. It's magical. That's the dream. That's why me and my family continue to go back time after time. To escape, even just for a little while, the harsh reality of life. We wear mickey ears and lanyards with pins that you probably wouldn't wear anywhere else in the world. We go to parades and cry as we watch our kids dance with Peter Pan and the gang. We video tape it all to watch it again and again so we can remember the magic. So, again, all I wanted to do was enhance the magic. My intentions were good. At least I think so.

As for why this thread isn't just a FAQ, well, we have always admitted that there is much more to this thread than just information. There is a family and friend like atomosphere that I must say I have yet to find elsewhere on the Internet. I am a Network Engineer and work on the Internet day in day out so I wouldn't give that kind of a title or grade so easily.

So, may I suggest to Kimmar since she has started this thread from the beginning, that this thread should no longer be called just a FAQ. Some people take the thread names to heart and expect everyone to stay absolutely on topic. Maybe if we called it the WL FAQ and Family or Home or something like that we would be able to stray off topic without the hard liners cracking down on us. Funny thing is I can't remember a time where someone really needed help and our friendly banter got in the way of answering the call.

We are more than a FAQ. We are friends. We are here for each other and nobody can change that. If the moderators were to close us down for not staying on topic, I would be impressed. Matter of fact, I am quite embarrassed that it was my memories box that brought this type of debate and discussion to the wilderness lodge thread in the first place. We made it this far without it. I hope that the next thread continues on with the tradition.

I believe that I have said all I have to say regarding this topic. Thanks for hearing me out.

Fred

Originally posted by gymnasticsmom68
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say no, Disney does not allow boxes or bowls or whatever to be planted on their property. Yes, their property. Just because you decide to plant a box or a bowl, or a whatever, does not give you the right to assume it will stay. And if you do plant a box or a bowl, or whatever, you can surely expect Disney to throw it away once they find it.

As for 'special permission', another 'highly doubtfful, wishful thinking' moment. Just because a group of people from a Disney fan site think they have special consideration because of their undying love for the WL does not mean they'll get any kind of special attention from Disney.

As you can see from my signature, I'm quite fond of the GF, it would never in a million years occur to me to go plant a box or a bowl or a whatever on THEIR property and expect it to last more than a day. Maybe if I get together with a few zealots and decide that I am somehow special, they'll let me? NOT!

One more thing before I go, if you have pictures of yourself with your special box or bowl or whatever, I wouldn't let somebody tell me they HAD to be posted on his website for me to use them. That was truly hilarious.

ETA..I thought this was the FAQ, not a home for 'WL VETS'?

I LOVE FRED!!!!

MOVING ON (as the Mod's asked)

Tig-girl!!

What is going on with everyone's trip being cancelled!! PD to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter