Like the Phoenix, out of the ashes arises THE NEWEST WL FAQ! (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
...and for the record...we are truly WL fans now, but we so enjoyed our one night at the Dolphin!! My DH and I stayed there for a conference last spring...and we want to show it to our boys. They loved it too! They loved the Heavenly Beds...and the Boardwalk...not to mention Beaches and Cream ::yes::

We will probably call WL 'home' from now on...but we would be proud to stay with our 'sisters' as well!!

We can all live in harmony :grouphug:

The Edge, :wave:

Sorry I missed your post also. Yep ::yes:: Ratpack is correct our WL Vet status just appeared, after staying at the WL and trying to help answer questions that new guest may have.

So sorry it happened! Guess I haven't been keeping up! We over at the Swan Dolphin FAQ and now the Sigma Delta Sorority started a similar thing with a journal and a box... only difference we got permission to keep it at the Concierge Desk. Labelled and everything... it still ended up in Security at the hotel Lost and found with the contents of the box missing (including a DIS trading pin) :eek: Which just goes to show even in a seemingly protected area, I guess you have to be able to trust your people...

BOOHOO... but at least I have recovered the journal and the box. Don't know how we'll restart ours though...
Don't let it get you down... we just recently had a naysayer on our thread as well who didn't understand all of our "mindless banter" about things seemingly unrelated to the Swan and Dolphin!!:teeth: Tomorrow will be a better day!

Made these tonight for Roy. Hope ya like em. I can make more if anyone wants.

humphrey-sleeping.gif

humphrey-washing.gif

humphreydoor.gif

Happy Valentine's Day Lodgies!!!

:goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes
:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

:sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:
Hope you have a great weekend with friends and family!!

Liz

P.S. I really wanted to insert a Valentine's clip art but alas, my 'post enhancement' skills need some work. I did manage to add color for the first time today!! :D Sheesh, then it told me I had to cut back on my images! There were more hugs and suns for you all!

Did you folks realize that we are only 5 pages away from having to start part #4 of this thread?:tongue:

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

Know you are all loved and though of every day. Pixie Dust to everyone today.

Make sure you let someone you love, "know you love them" today. ::yes::

Hugs and Kisses is all it takes.

HAVE A MAGICAL, PIXIE DUST FILLED DAY!!!!! :D

heartpump.gif
Happy Valentine's Day Everyone
heartpump.gif

Majestic,

I love
302.gif
the Humphrey Bears. You are wonderful, Roy will love these. I want one for my signature but I want Roy to besure and see them first. Love the one in the Washing Machine...too funny

humphrey-sleeping.gif
humphrey-washing.gif
humphreydoor.gif

Fred - there are always going to be people out there who just want to stir the pot. I think you were wise just to put the conversation to an end. Clearly, the majority of people were with you, myself and dd included.

Let's talk about Wishes for a second. I have read most of the posts here and read about the special moment Fred shared with his daughter. I had no idea what that would be like until our first night at MK. I was so overcome with emotion as my dd stood with me singing and pointing and our mouths hanging open. It was a very, very special moment and I am so blessed to have experienced it.

Pewing...I was so taken with Wishes that we saw it 3 times, twice in the park and once from the Poly Beach after eating at Kona Cafe.

So now MickeyFan1 can fry me for being such a sap about fireworks. It's all about living life and some people have trouble doing that. Let's all keep living life to its fullest.

Originally posted by ariel85
So now MickeyFan1 can fry me for being such a sap about fireworks. It's all about living life and some people have trouble doing that. Let's all keep living life to its fullest.

LOL...That was great!! Maybe she will compare the fireworks to terrorists...oh, I better stop before my Blood pressure goes up!

Made our reservations for WL today for September...can't wait to be going back to WDW and home to WL! Hope some codes come out soon or AP rates!

DH surprised me today! He gave me a heart necklace that has Minnie and Mickey inside of it....I guess I pointed it out in the Disney Catalog and he actually noticed!

Michelle

Welcome mickeycw,

You are going to love The Wilderness Lodge, just jump in and ask any questions you might think of, we will try and get the answer.
We all love the WL, it's great to know you and your family do also.

Dear Husband sounds like a keeper (knows what a girl wants)

HI Betsy

LOL...That was great!! Maybe she will compare the fireworks to terrorists

It's just too easy to hide behind the fear. I kept telling people I just wanted to get through my vacation with no Terror Alert, no Amber Alert or Weather Alert. Wouldn't you know, all three happened during my trip. I just prayed on the plane, held my 11yr dd closer and told myself I have lived with these ice storms all my life, I can do this. You just have to do it. Ok, your blood pressure is up and I am preaching, so back to the original post of letting it go.

I just read your trip reports. It is amazing that we could be there at similar times and have such different experiences. But that is the great thing about Disney. I am sorry we did not catch up. I kept looking in the lobby for 3 genearations but I was so overwhelmed (in a good sense) I just couldn't believe it was all real.

I still have to post my trip reports but I will find the time.

LOL...That was great!! Maybe she will compare the fireworks to terrorists...oh, I better stop before my Blood pressure goes up!

All Mickeyfan1 did was disagree about the box issue. She never personally attacked any of you. That was 2 days ago and you're still bashing her for posting an opinion different from your own. You go on incessantly about negativity, look within your own thread here.

IMHO, what you are doing here is childish and cruel. Hopefully one of the moderators will call you on it soon and it will stop. :(

Bojangles,

Thank you for your post, we do need to stop this now. :wave:

Please no more remarks about the other thread that was closed by OP request.

Originally posted by Bojangles
IMHO, what you are doing here is childish and cruel. Hopefully one of the moderators will call you on it soon and it will stop. :(

I have to agree, I came here for some information on the WL, after all this is a FAQ thread, but have just seen a lot of negative comments bantered around the last few pages because someone had a dissenting opinion on a thread that was closed from what I can tell. Anyway.

Now for my question, maybe one of the vets can help me. My inlaws are planning a trip to WDW this summer and are considering the WL. Is there any one view that is better. I mean are the standard views really all that standard, or is it worth it to request a specific view.

Thanks for answering my questions about becoming a WL vet. I still would like to know if Disney has given permission for the box. I love WL and have great memories of the place. I just would never take part in something Disney did not authorize on Disney's property.

I found the thread about the box that was locked. I felt MickeyFan1 was not treated fairly by your group. I see you still joke about her. She felt the box was a bad idea and she is entitled to her opinon on a message board. Your behavior was not very Disney-like. :confused:

Originally posted by sgtdisney
Now for my question, maybe one of the vets can help me. My inlaws are planning a trip to WDW this summer and are considering the WL. Is there any one view that is better. I mean are the standard views really all that standard, or is it worth it to request a specific view.

sgtdisney
While the courtyard views are very nice I have stayed in standard view rooms that while they do have a balcony, don't have a view of anything but roofs or maybe a parking lot, just as any other Resort...if your In-laws don't plan and spending a great amount of time on the balcony a standard view room would be fine and a little less expensive. For a longer stay I would want a courtyard view but WL does upgrade. Either way they should enjoy their stay.

The Edge
Thanks for posting about requirments to become a WL Vet but the other thread is closed. If you have any other questions about the WL just ask.:earsboy:

Originally posted by MAGICinMYHEART
sgtdisney
While the courtyard views are very nice I have stayed in standard view rooms that while they do have a balcony, don't have a view of anything but roofs or maybe a parking lot, just as any other Resort...if your In-laws don't plan and spending a great amount of time on the balcony a standard view room would be fine and a little less expensive. For a longer stay I would want a courtyard view but WL does upgrade. Either way they should enjoy their stay.

Thanks for the quick reply MagicinMYHEART! One more question, is the courtyard view room the most expensive (other than concierge) or is there a pool view or woods view. As you can tell I have not stayed at WL yet, OKW has been my home for a while now. I know that they would rather look out on trees or something other than a parking lot.

Originally posted by MAGICinMYHEART

The Edge
Thanks for posting about requirments to become a WL Vet but the other thread is closed. If you have any other questions about the WL just ask.:earsboy: [/B]

Thanks. I would like to know if anyone here knows if Disney would give permission to put a memory box on their property? I might start one up too. I'm wondering if they support the idea?:earsboy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter