Liberty Tree Menu Is Changing This Week

For those cancelling ADRs without much time to make new ones... I would attempt to call the reservation line and express your frustration with the menu change, and how you will be stranded without the table service choices you would have had before, if you had known in advance. Maybe, MAYBE, they can work some magic to find you a new ADR...?

~Cari~ pluto:

I'm guessing that LTT will continue to run behind schedule with the new menu. AYCTE menus take time to serve. Sometimes it takes quite awhile to get refills when a server is MIA. After paying $33/pp plus tip, I'm going to take my time.

Oh, and for those wanting the pot roast recipe, this is EXACTLY the same. Actually, better. Although I put about half the butter in than what it calls for.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2014/...oast-from-magic-kingdoms-liberty-tree-tavern/

~Cari~ pluto:
Thanks for sharing! YUM!!! Im going to have to try this at home! :goodvibes

I'm guessing that LTT will continue to run behind schedule with the new menu. AYCTE menus take time to serve. Sometimes it takes quite awhile to get refills when a server is MIA. After paying $33/pp plus tip, I'm going to take my time.
Yup, the servers are slower at dinner than they are at lunch. I dont blame you for taking your time. ;)

Just ate there today.
Very reduced menu. Not happy about it.
Just cancelled our Jan. ADR and booked something else.
Someone did come around and took the complaints and said she would definitely note them.

Pilgrims's feast and only 3 other entrees.....a vegetarian pasta, a burger and the Colony Salad but with salmon instead of chicken. My favorite thing. I didn't even read the menu closely because I love that salad......but don't eat seafood. DH got that. He ended up with just an appetizer and my salmon.

I ate there yesterday. I told the waitress that I wasn't happy about the menu change and she said, don't worry, the new menu was just a trial and that she would bring me the former pot roast. I told her that I actually wanted the former turkey dinner because I didn't want all the extra stuff with the all you can eat. She said not to worry, she would bring me the turkey dinner. DH did get the all you can eat and regretted it....he said the pork and beef weren't very good and distracted from the turkey dinner part of it.

We really enjoyed the turkey so we have another reservation tomorrow so we will see what they do. DH is going to order the turkey dinner too.

Happy to read these posts. As I mentioned earlier we ate there just days after the change. Wish we would have had the options others have gotten. I did send my feedback in.

What is bewildering to me is why take that turkey dinner off the menu NOW? I mean it's the holidays and you would think that it would be perfect place to have it this time of year. I don't know who's decision this was but it was certainly a dumb one. Even if they just did a turkey feast with no other meats through the holidays I would do that. I would rather pay for that instead of other meats neither of us will even eat. They could do turkey and or prime rib with all the fixings. I wouldn't be all that hard to adjust that menu. If it was guaranteed that I could get the turkey dinner I would book this in a heartbeat but who knows once you get there.

Last edited:
Today DH and I told the waiter that we weren't happy about the menu change and could we possibly get the former turkey dinner. This waiter wasn't as receptive to it as the waitress from Wednesday. DH told him they allowed it in Wednesday so the waiter said he would check with chef. He came back a while later and said that since we were allowed to on Wednesday, he would allow it today.

So I guess it depends on who you get for waitress/waiter and chef. My guess is that they are hoping these requests and complaints will die off.

Hmmmm.... I've been holding off canceling our 11/30 reservation just in hopes that things would change. It looks like it would be luck of the draw.

Any new word on this? Are they still just taking complaints ? There were some comments heard that ehy would be adjusting the changes. Any progress?

This change gave us a happier trip. I cancelled LT and booked Skipper Canteen. It was right up our alley.

This change gave us a happier trip. I cancelled LT and booked Skipper Canteen. It was right up our alley.

Same here. We ended up doing dinner at Skipper Canteen on our trip a couple weeks ago to replace our LTT lunch. I was very hesitant about it and unsure about the menu, but it turned out to be our best meal of the trip. Great service and really good food.

we went here back in Oct when the menu just made the change over. I went in not knowing the change and boy was i disappointed. that disappointment can ruin a meal but the server bent over backwards making sure I was satified with the new change. It was turkey, beef and something else. came with all the fixings. gave us extra turkey and pot roast. I wanted the ooey gooey cake and he gave that to us.. for free. it is still on the menu except at a cost. I was not expecting to pay 33.pp but was prepared to pay 22pp so that price difference put a hole in my budget. Many people in line with us were given the option to cancel with no fee. Many people took the offer and left. I would do it again. food was good.

I cancelled our Christmas Day lunch at LTT and went back and forth on what we were going to do instead. We ended up going to MK for a few hours on Christmas morning, then spent some time at our resort before heading to Disney Springs in the evening for dinner at Raglan Road. I think this was the best option for us as we all enjoyed our meal there.

we went here back in Oct when the menu just made the change over. I went in not knowing the change and boy was i disappointed. that disappointment can ruin a meal but the server bent over backwards making sure I was satified with the new change. It was turkey, beef and something else. came with all the fixings. gave us extra turkey and pot roast. I wanted the ooey gooey cake and he gave that to us.. for free. it is still on the menu except at a cost. I was not expecting to pay 33.pp but was prepared to pay 22pp so that price difference put a hole in my budget. Many people in line with us were given the option to cancel with no fee. Many people took the offer and left. I would do it again. food was good.

I love LTT but spending $33 for lunch is just too much money. If I brought my two 13 year olds and my 7 year old it would cost over $100 for lunch. It's just too much money for lunch. Most people don't want to have a huge meal at lunchtime anyway. It's terrible that you can't get a turkey meal there now unless you do the All You Can Eat. I am sure Disney did it to make more money.

Ate there yesterday, unaware of any menu changes. Suffice to say: not nearly worth the money. Wife, daughter, and myself ended up at $165 including tip ... for LUNCH. $35 per person for the feast, non-alcoholic drinks, corn fritters, and Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake (had to try it, it was awesome).

Sorry, but for that money there are infinitely better places to get food. We didn't even get second helpings of anything since my daughter is 14 and doesn't eat that much. This was my first and probably only trip to this place. The meat / mashed potatoes / mac and cheese / gravy was all very good, but you don't expect to pay a Benjamin for that kind of food. And again: for LUNCH.

Ate there yesterday, unaware of any menu changes. Suffice to say: not nearly worth the money. Wife, daughter, and myself ended up at $165 including tip ... for LUNCH. $35 per person for the feast, non-alcoholic drinks, corn fritters, and Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake (had to try it, it was awesome).

Sorry, but for that money there are infinitely better places to get food. We didn't even get second helpings of anything since my daughter is 14 and doesn't eat that much. This was my first and probably only trip to this place. The meat / mashed potatoes / mac and cheese / gravy was all very good, but you don't expect to pay a Benjamin for that kind of food. And again: for LUNCH.

Especially when you consider almost all the sides (and dessert) are cheap starches...mashed potato, stuffing, bread pudding, and even probably mac and cheese can be made for under $1 each for 3 people's worth of serving...and the "seasonal" veg and salad probably also fall in that category. So the only "expensive" parts of the meal are the meats, and even then, turkey and pork are cheap...and if they can fill you up on starches, they can serve you much less of each on your 1st platter...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter