Liberty Tree Menu Is Changing This Week

RyMickey

Disney Freak
Mods - I did a quick search, but I'm here at WDW and unable to do a thorough search of the boards, so please delete or merge the thread if my info is repetitive.

So, we had lunch this afternoon at Liberty Tree Tavern in the MK. We had an issue with one of our entrees - the Colony Salad (or the Declaration Salad -- one's an entree, one's an app, can't remember which is which). When the waitress came over, we commented on the fact that the salad was not very good -- lettuce was very wilted, like the kind you throw away at home from that pre-made bag that's been sitting in your fridge too long. Our waitress was very kind and the entree was comped by the manager (who was also very kind), but that's not why I started the thread.

Upon stating our complaint to our waitress, she said that their menu is going to be changing on Wednesday (that's three days from now) and she most certainly inferred that the current iteration of the entree salad (which was her favorite meal there) was not going to be on the menu. I have NO other info other than this and I don't know if it's only lunch or both lunch and dinner that is changing nor do I know the extent of the changes. Regardless, I thought I'd post this info here.

Oh no! we have a lunch reservation there for the first time this December, I hope it doesn't change too much, not that we would order a salad, but we have our heart set on pilgrim's feast and pot roast.

Oh no! we have a lunch reservation there for the first time this December, I hope it doesn't change too much, not that we would order a salad, but we have our heart set on pilgrim's feast and pot roast.
my guess is if only the lunch menu is changing, the dinner favorites would stay.

that said, there will be a revolt if they get rid of the ooey gooey toffee cake, they thought the boston tea party was bad? I would now want to be there when people find that out!

my guess is if only the lunch menu is changing, the dinner favorites would stay.

that said, there will be a revolt if they get rid of the ooey gooey toffee cake, they thought the boston tea party was bad? I would now want to be there when people find that out!
We are going for lunch not dinner, will keep an eye on the official menus this week.

That's too bad. We had lunch here last trip. I found it surprisingly one of the better meals that trip. I had that salad. It was delicious.

Colony Salad is my favorite. If it goes no more Liberty Tree for me and I have ADRs in Nov. and Jan :(
I will be watching for the new menu and change my ressie if I need to

The current veggie sandwich isn't anywhere as good as their old veggie burger, and though it's simple, I miss their fried cheese. I'd love to see those make a return because I do like the atmosphere and desserts.

So, we had lunch this afternoon at Liberty Tree Tavern in the MK. We had an issue with one of our entrees - the Colony Salad (or the Declaration Salad -- one's an entree, one's an app, can't remember which is which). When the waitress came over, we commented on the fact that the salad was not very good -- lettuce was very wilted, like the kind you throw away at home from that pre-made bag that's been sitting in your fridge too long. Our waitress was very kind and the entree was comped by the manager (who was also very kind), but that's not why I started the thread.

Upon stating our complaint to our waitress, she said that their menu is going to be changing on Wednesday (that's three days from now) and she most certainly inferred that the current iteration of the entree salad (which was her favorite meal there) was not going to be on the menu. I have NO other info other than this and I don't know if it's only lunch or both lunch and dinner that is changing nor do I know the extent of the changes. Regardless, I thought I'd post this info here.

Oh no! We booked lunch here becuase both my daughter & I loved that salad! Please update us when you know if the colony salad (and the pilgram's feast ) will be offered at lunch. Those are the two items my family planned on ordering in a few weeks. Thanks!!!

Last edited:
I about rioted when they got rid of the fried cheese and the caramel apple tart. I went back just because DH wanted the pot roast but if it weren't for that I wouldn't have bothered. If they dumb it down even more we won't be back. Period.

Both me & Dh had the crab dip, pot roast, and ooey gooey toffee cake.

Please for the Love of God, do not take those off the menu! We are hoping to come back there on our next visit.

I read this rumor on FB as well (perhaps the OP posted there, too?) and saw it confirmed by at least one other person. The main sentiment was that Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake would remain on the menu and would likely be available for dinner as well, but the lunch menu would end up looking more like the dinner menu.

I read this rumor on FB as well (perhaps the OP posted there, too?) and saw it confirmed by at least one other person. The main sentiment was that Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake would remain on the menu and would likely be available for dinner as well, but the lunch menu would end up looking more like the dinner menu.

Ohhh no thats a total bummer if true. I was going to try this restaurant next time for the Pot Roast. Here's hoping the speculation isn't true this time.

Ohhh no thats a total bummer if true. I was going to try this restaurant next time for the Pot Roast. Here's hoping the speculation isn't true this time.

One comment was that perhaps some sort of AYCTE entree would be available at lunch but perhaps they would still offer most of the rest of the menu as well, perhaps along the lines of Whispering Canyon? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter