Lia & Jess's Hot and Fancy Halloween and Christmas Party Trip! ~ NEW TR POSTED 9/2!!!

Just joining in! I'm ashamed to say that I'm one of the ones that doesn't know you yet. :guilty: I'm definitely off to read your other TRs while I wait!

Yay!!!! My two favorite trip report writers on the same trip! Can't wait to hear the details, I got to see some of both of your pictures on twitter, but the trip reports are just awesome.

Thanks for sharing your awesome adventures with us!!
:cheer2::cheer2:

Soooooo ... happy to see you've started this trip report.I'm usually just lurking but have to finally say hello and thanks for such great reads.I love that place the same as you.We bought our BWV DVC in2000, best purchase ever made!Glad i'll have some good reading to get me through these next cold months.

Hi guys!! Thank you, all of you, for joining in & your kind compliments and comments! I am glad you guys are so excited!!!! I AM TOOO!!!

Also... I really want to go on a Disney Cruise for my birthday :rolleyes1 I really can't though so I'm trying to not even think about it but of course I am anyway. Sigh.... onto some replies!!!!

You guys are so freaking awesome!! I'm so here!!My coworkers tell me all the time they wished they love something as much as I love Disney! So happy to hear from other Disney lovers!!!

LOL Thank you so much! A lot of my co-workers totally don't get the Disney thing at all, even though some of them call themselves Disney fans. They're still like, "You're going again...?" YEAH I'M GOING AGAIN.

OMG I am still in love with you MNSSHP costumes. OK, that out of the way... SUBBING!!! :woohoo:

Obviously ridiculously excited for this one and HOW COOL that were there during the Halloween/Christmas conversion. That's one thing I've always wanted to do.

I just know that as I read this I will be booking a Fall trip for this year. No doubt in my mind. Well, truth be told I was planning to anyway... but this will for sure put me over the edge. :hyper:

JUST BOOK IT ROB!!!! You know you want to!! There is no way you are going to be able to resist after this TR!

Yay, Lia!!! I am so happy you started this report! I am still SO BUMMED that I missed seeing you in MK when we were leaving on our last day just as you were arriving on your first. But nevertheless, I am excited to read about your adventures!!! I loved following along with the pictures you & Jess were posting on Instagram from the week, so it will be fun to finally get the context around everything. :goodvibes And of course I can't wait for the...HANSON UPDATES!!!! By the way, what the flip did Taylor do to his hair?!?!? :scared1::scared1:

Aww, that's right! Me too! That would have been fun. I'm sure that we will be there at the same time someday, especially with Hanson being there every year! I'm hoping to go back again when they do!

Honestly I like Taylor's hair. :headache: It's because I love him SO MUCH. I mean, yes, it is inferior to his normal style... but it's Taylor... so I'm still like :faint:

Hi Lia! I love your TR's...so amazing! Can't wait to hear all the details of this one. It's my first post and first thread subscription...what better time, rightpopcorn::??

Thank you! :welcome: to the DIS! I am glad you picked me as your first! :D

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH <--my reaction when I found this on the main trip report page. IT'S FINALLY UP! YAYYY!

First of all:

PREACH IT GIRL. Nothing else could describe my feelings toward Disney more accurately.

Second of all:
I. Am. In. Love. With. Your. Costume. I respect and admire you SO much for making that yourself--seriously, that takes so much talent and dedication. I can't give you enough credit for it, because it's entirely flawless.

Third of all:
Honestly, I really really really want to meet you some day. Your endless energy and love for Disney is so incredible and to be able to meet you and experience that enthusiasm from someone else in person would be so much fun.

Last of all:
You could probably tell by the fact that I'm commenting on this, but I'm totally subbing in. THIS IS GOING TO BE SO EXCITING.

You are SO CUTE and so nice. Thank you. I love your enthusiasm. I'm glad you appreciate my costume. It was difficult to make so I certainly enjoy all the nice comments on it LOL. I would love to meet you someday! Maybe we will be in the parks at the same time and can have a DISmeet. :yay:

I AM HERE LIA!! YAY! I can't wait to read about your trip, and the one thing I am sad about is not having a photo with you while in my own MNSSHP costume. I WISH our trips overlapped, WAH.

ANYWAY, can't wait, super excited, YEAH WAHOOEY!

Thanks Dani!!! OMG you are so right. Our costumes together would have just been GOLD.

Yay!!! Following along, eagerly awaiting more stories of your Disney adventures! I'm excited to hear about your MNSSHP on Halloween, we're planning to do the one on Halloween this year and I can't WAIT!

How exciting!!! I wish I could do it on the actual holiday again this year, I am hoping to get to go sometime during the fall, we'll see when! It is the best possible way to spend Halloween!! :hmghost:

Can't wait to hear more. Plus I'm reading your old trip reports also.

That's awesome, thanks! I hope you enjoy the older ones!

Just joining in! I'm ashamed to say that I'm one of the ones that doesn't know you yet. :guilty: I'm definitely off to read your other TRs while I wait!

Well... it's never too late! Thanks for joining & commenting!! :welcome:

OCTOBER 30, 2013
Day 1 Part 1 In Which We Get This Show on the Road!​

I woke up dark and early (since it was before the sun got up) and soon my mom and I were on the way to the airport. A little stop at Dunkin was in order...

11864088684_ed6ce9632f_z.jpg

You know, I love their whole wheat bagels so much. I practically live on them. BUT I WAS SO EXCITED FOR SOME DISNEY FOOD!!!!!!!!!! I could not even COMPREHEND the deliciousness that was ahead of me. Oh my GOD.

I got to the airport around 5 AM, my mom and I said our goodbyes, and I easily found the JetBlue kiosks.

I got my boarding pass and hopped in the bag drop off line. This line is separate from the very long check in line. I don't know why more people don't use the kiosks. I haven't waited in a check in line for years due to those beautiful machines!

I was worried my bag would be too heavy but the very nice Jet Blue employee said nothing about it. Yay! Your first checked bag is free too, which makes me very happy. Of all travel expenses, checked bag fees are really the only ones that annoy me. I don't know why really, you are paying for a service, but still it sucks. So yay for JetBlue!

The line at security was pretty mild and everything went smoothly since I once again decided to not smuggle on any swords or bottles of soda. Sometimes I do follow the rules!

Once on the plane I checked out all the free snacks available and there were so many! It's awesome when you get something other than the standard airplane pretzels.

WOOOO TAKEOFF!!

11863951083_9691ca24d0_z.jpg

I also saw that they had a ton of channels available for free and also xm satellite radio. Awesomeness!!!

Vince Gilligan, aka the love of my life, aka the creator of Breaking Bad was on talking about the show! I knew exactly what interview it was from because it was in Manhattan with a live audience and I had to miss it! Most devastating thing of my life TBH!

11863648415_9703a770f3_z.jpg

Free checked bag, good snacks, Vince Gilligan. JETBLUE IS THE BEST!!

Then I saw they had three movies available, and I got all excited to watch The Way Way Back.

11863951573_e52bc93a91_z.jpg

I saw this movie in theatres back in July and LOVED it. It is one of my favorite movies of 2013 (highly recommend if you have not seen it yet) so after takeoff I swiped my card to watch it. $5.99 later I was watching... STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS?! Whuck!

Sadly, I thought you'd get to select your movie once you got to the movie channels section, but whatever movie preview is playing at the moment you swipe, that's the one you get. I was stuck with Star Trek unless I paid another 5.99, which I didn't want to do.

Sigh. Goodbye, awesome movie, I wish I could have watched you!

I know nothing about Star Trek but I gave it a go anyway, I mean after all I did pay for it. It was clearly a well made film, but I didn't know what they were talking about half the time. It didn't even start from the beginning so I had no idea what point of the film this was or what had happened before. I knew the good guys from the bad guys at least. There were some nice moments and the SFX was enjoyable... I just wasn't very into it!

For my drink I got apple juice.

11863649745_e19e3ba3dd_z.jpg

As you can see on the screen, Alice Eve had joined the movie! I love her so that got me a little more into it. However... I still had mostly no idea what they were talking about.

For my snack I got POPCORNERS!!!

11863658205_a741593baa_z.jpg

OMG I was so excited bc I am obsessed with them and stores rarely have those exact ones. It's usually another brand. Yay Popcorners!

I got up to use the restroom and obviously took selfies. Would you expect anything else of me?!

11864101894_01b2ffc411_z.jpg

That girl had no idea what was even in store for her. This trip was ten times more amazing than I ever could have imagined!

When I came back I realized my early wake up time was catching up with me so I took a nice little nap. When I woke up we were almost there!

11863961173_5c4f649bce_z.jpg

YAYAYAY! I get so excited when that little map pops up.

I was way too pumped up to fall back to sleep so I checked in with Star Trek and they were still flying around space panicking about stuff so it seemed like I had not missed much.

Finally we landed I wanted to get off the plane DESPERATELY but it took awhile.

IM IN FLORIDA NOW LET ME OFF THIS PLANE Vine: https://vine.co/v/hDd3a2MTuLF

Pretty soon I was HEADED TO THE FAKE MONORAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11863656605_6b376a840c_z.jpg

Fakeorail vine: https://vine.co/v/hDphvVZQAir

:D :D :D

IT'S THE EARPORT!!

11864083434_9db232a7c0_z.jpg

Hiya, Mickey!

11863640195_36c6877060_z.jpg

There were Halloween decorations up all over the airport! I loved it!

11864500746_9bd5b0f2c3_z.jpg

I went to Terminal B and down to the ground level where I saw this BEAUTIFUL SIGHT

11863958113_edc2b04c05_z.jpg

I went over to check in and of course a delightfully kind CM approached me and started trying to help me figure out where to go. In my mind I was like LADY MOVE ASIDE IT'S NOT MY FIRST TIME but I just listened to her directions and said thank you! LOL

I have to say... the Magical Express desk's decoration was THE BEST.

11863959033_c762153520_z.jpg

Once I was done there I walked over to where the lines are and I saw Food & Wine Festival brochures and passports! I have never seen these available at the airport before, how perfect!

11863640045_0d911b4708_z.jpg

I don't remember waiting long at all. My ride is here baby!!!
11864625434_ae646d2728_o.png

11864510966_1119fb7fa5_z.jpg

The CMs who greeted me, took my ticket, took my bags to put under the bus, etc were all so nice. I loved them. I love when you first get to Disney and the "Disney Difference" is extremely noticeable. I know some CMs read my reports, so I just want to say THANK YOU! for always going above and beyond. We notice, and we love it, and every minute of your time is worth it and appreciated. You help make Disney what it is and Walt would be proud. :-)

YAYAYAYAY

11863663065_20d11cef9e_z.jpg

The Magical Express driver was so great. He got on and said "WELCOME TO THE MOST MAGICAL BUS ON EARTH!" I cried. I was like, omg, I love you and I love this place and IT IS ONLY THE BEGINNING! I seriously couldn't even believe my life at that moment.

We got going and the most magical video ever started! So naturally I vined my excitement! https://vine.co/v/hDpeQhPA0m0

LOL It's just so hard when you want to scream but are in public and have to act civilized. Of course, this all went down the tubes when I saw Jess for the first time but that's for a later update! hahaha

Soon we were driving through the most magical arch ever and arriving at POP CENTURY!! YESYSYEYEYSYSGJHBkjBGk!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love so much when the doors of the bus open and the CMs are standing there by the red carpet and they're all so welcoming and happy and I'm just like AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH DISNEYYEYYEYEEY. It's so wonderful.

They took my bags off the bus and I was struggling with them a bit. A bell services CM came over to me and offered to store them. I'm a very "I can handle everything myself" person which leads to me looking like a walking circus act when carrying too many things. I had a feeling our room would be ready but I passed the bags off to him anyway so I didn't have to lug them anymore. I'M ON VACATION BABY!!!

I walked through some of my favorite doors ever to one of my favorite resorts ever and basked in the celebration of American pop culture!! WOOO!!!

Check in went smoothly. Like I said, Jess was kind enough to get everything ready for me ahead of time, so my park ticket and magic band was waiting for me in a packet that the resort had stored for them. Gotta love that Disney efficiency!

I saw a bunch of cool sunglasses behind the desk, which I had never seen in all my times staying there...

11864761603_2be82f0978_z.jpg

Hmm, I wonder if they give those out. Anyway, I found out our room was in fact ready!! YAY!

We were located in the 70's section which meant I was ready to do a little dance, make a little love, and get down tonight. I was excited because I hadn't stayed over there since my Oct 2008 trip, which also happened to be a Hanson/Halloween/F&W trip! I am a very consistent person!
11972902063_55e9653dd8_o.png

I love doing this every time I stay at Pop - leaving the front desk and making a right out the back doors that open up under the huge POP arch and lead to all the rooms!

11941076516_bf9a4801b4_z.jpg

I remember the first time I stayed here, aka the first time I stayed at a Disney resort after begging my parents for YEARS to stay on property even though with my dad's job, he got Hilton and Doubletree discounts.

Our favorite hotel to stay at was within walking distance of one of the WDW gates. It's a brightly colored Doubletree suites hotel with a giant pineapple in the front and an Au Bon Pain in the lobby. I loved it there and we got it for the extremely low price of FREE.

Do you have ANY idea how hard it is to convince parents who are not Disney obsessed to pay a whole lot of dollars to stay on property when they can instead stay in a free suite walking distance from property?!!!!!!!!!!!!

However, I am a professional. Reason #13847928 why I should work for Disney.

Before I knew it I was taking this walk out the back doors and out into this colorful world of giant pop culture icons. I finally was experiencing the true immersion of a Disney vacation and it meant everything to me. That was definitely one of my best trips ever.

I will ALWAYS love Pop so much. Which is why it's now my DVC Home Resort.

11940509683_1f6fbfde5b_z.jpg

Once I got to the 70's, I realized we were in a room on the Mickey Mouse phone side, AKA the best place in all the 70's.

11864760243_81d536db24_z.jpg

Let's go up the stairs! AKA, the 8 track.

11940234645_b19b5b02d3_z.jpg

I don't know about you, but I always appreciate when "thang" is used instead of "thing."

View of the 60's stairwell from our floor.

11940234395_0dd0c2075d_z.jpg

OCTOBER 30, 2013
Day 1, Part 2 In Which I Find Hades at Pop Century​

There were a lot of people who decorated their windows!

11941075136_33c916ea20_z.jpg

11940201755_45bbd3dbb8_z.jpg

11941043266_691d0be0da_z.jpg

It is very common to decorate your windows at Pop, and I love when people do it! I can't believe I forgot to bring decorations AGAIN. Next time I am so doing that no matter the time of year!

I found our room and then thought to myself "Oh crap, I don't have a room key!" and then remembered my Magic Band. LOL.

I bumped it against the door and at first it didn't work. I realized I didn't know as much about them as I thought and didn't really know what to do besides walk back to the lobby and ask for help. I took it off and examined it and then just tried tapping it a couple more times. The door opened!! OH I THOUGHT IT WAS SO COOL.

So there's a Magic Band tip. It may not work right away. Doesn't mean it doesn't work. Give it a few solid taps, give it a second, and tap some more before you walk all the way back to the lobby.

I went inside, turned on Stacey, and freaked. I'M HERE!!!

Stacey Vine: https://vine.co/v/hDptZLPmizW

"If you miss this party, It'll haunt you!" OH STACEY~!!!h!!jo!lk!lk! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!! THANK YOU FOR THE RECOMMENDATION GIRL BUT OBVIOUSLY I WOULD NEVER MISS MNSSHP!!!!!!!!AHHH!!!!!!

Once you see the towel Mickey you know it is ON!

11941042536_735a844999_z.jpg

YAYAYAYAY

11864894644_474ae03b25_z.jpg

Mirror selfie time, DUH

11865306326_198a2c85b9_z.jpg

Eventually I composed myself long enough to call bell services and get my bags up. When they came I started unpacking right away and then got ready to go to MAGIC KINGDOM!!!! Yeah man, I was not messing around this time! Straight to MK, baby!!!

Hula Timon was already climbing everything in the room!

11863943263_cebbd65648_z.jpg

He insisted on wearing his birthday button. We have no idea when his birthday actually is, so we decided every time he is in Disney, it's his birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY HULA TIMON!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE YOU!!!!

I had sublime accessories to match my Magic Band.

11863639855_cc6628b2eb_z.jpg

I changed and was out the door rather quickly! FIRST DAY FIRST PARK OH YEAH BABY LETS DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was the view from our door, which of course I sent to Jess immediately.

11864459755_9a5882237e_z.jpg

Dear everyone who has stayed at the Grand Floridian, it's okay. I know you haven't seen these kinds of views but do not be jealous. The platform shoes will be waiting when you are ready to see them!

"Mickey... Mickey's my boy."

11940641874_726de1225d_z.jpg

The larger than life foosball makes me feel like Alice when she shrinks down to 3 inches tall in Wonderland, and also reminds me of Joey and Chandler because the first time we stayed here, my mom was like "JOEY AND CHANDLER WOULD LOVE THIS PLACE." hahaha, like mother like daughter.

11941074896_22dbe212a8_z.jpg

11941074256_b7f2f690ec_z.jpg

11940506863_d542afbbb4_z.jpg

Before heading to Magic Kingdom, I was dying to do some pin trading so I went into Everything Pop to look at the pin board and CM's lanyards... but I got distracted by THE CAST MEMBER PUMPKIN CARVING CONTEST! OMG!

If you read my Stuck in Disney report, you probably remember me covering this before. Anything to do with Halloween makes me fill with immense amounts of joy so of course again I stopped dead in my tracks to take pictures of the pumpkins for all of you and make the very difficult decision of which one to vote for!

11864753483_c7eced0853_z.jpg

Honestly the CMs stepped up their game this year, I was so impressed!

MIKE WAZOWSKI AND ROZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11865298926_f029693150_z.jpg

CALL ME SENTIMENTAL, BUT I STILL MISS THE SCREAMING.

Omg. All of these were really more full out displays than just pumpkin carvings. Notice the door behind them too, so cute!

I love that this one incorporates towel animals! Very fitting since we all know how fun it is to see towel animals in our rooms at Disney resorts.

11864451755_547e3af853_z.jpg

I love when CMs rock that Pop Century pride! This one even mentions the area they work in which is Food and Beverage.

11864893104_8cdc0f6297_z.jpg

Also you can't see but those are all various vegetables that are supposed to be planted there, it says stuff like "Radical Radishes", "Dynamite Dill", "Jive Turkey Jackfruit" LOL!

This next one is what I voted for. IT'S FREAKING HADES!!!!!!!!!!!

11863639655_de9ef7ed44_z.jpg

Oh my GOD. I was SO excited when I saw this, I could barely contain myself. Hercules is such an underrated Disney movie and Hades is definitely one of my all time favorite villains. Also, I like that this pumpkin is genuinely SCARY! Jack O' Lanterns were created because people were afraid of the spirits that rose on All Hallows Eve, so they wanted to scare them away. This pumpkin could definitely do that! It is Hades, Lord of the Dead, after all.

Disco pumpkin! I assume all the faces are Cast Members. This is a fun one!

11864458635_3f50806135_z.jpg

This one is cool too. I love the black branches coming out of the word POP.

11991053296_c94c5b9e78_z.jpg

This is my other favorite. I mean COME ON. you've got JACK SKELLINGTON dressed as WOODY with ghost, pumpkin, and spider Mickey and DUFFY dressed as pumpkin as well! And again the POP logo!

11864458075_bba59619ea_z.jpg

It was fantastic... but Hades just took the cake for me! After making my vote I went back into the shopping area. I LOVE ALL THE HALLOWEEN MERCHANDISE SO MUCH.

11864757983_0cb59bd4ed_z.jpg

I appreciated this random white board where you could design your own Disney pumpkin. Ugh, I miss this time of year so much! How many days until October?!

11940673274_e0693ae82f_z.jpg

OCTOBER 30, 2013
Day 1, Part 3 In Which The Magic Kingdom Is Wham​

I made my first pin trades of the trip with some of the merchandise CMs.

During my May report, I realized it would have been WAY better if I documented all my trades as they happened, so I made sure to do that on this trip.

BX1nQZpCUAAlXrh.jpg

I was happy about the Mickey nutrcracker one because Mickey's Nutcracker used to be my FAVORITE THING EVER as a child. It was a live action stage performance recorded in Disneyland that used to air on the Disney Channel in the 90's. Here is a link to it on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5RS8hS_WHA

Guys, people talk about 90's Nick all the time, and that makes me very happy because it was a huge part of my childhood and I still watch those shows today. But 90's Disney Channel was MY LIFE. I am so thankful I have so many recorded tapes of that. They had SO MUCH programming that was focused on the parks, Walt, and the history of Disney in general. I learned so much about Disney from all of that, and it really made my love for it grow. Anyone remember Walt Disney World Inside Out?! GAH!!! So awesome. Somehow, shows like 'Dog With a Blog' just don't compare these days.

Anyway... I decided from then on I was going to collect Christmas pins on this trip just like how last time I collected Halloween ones! You will have to stay tuned to see how successful that was!

After that, I went to look at the pin board.

11864456305_d5573aea32_z.jpg

I chose this purple Mickey pin!

11864890044_254dbd0d3d_z.jpg

Then out to the bus stops I went...

11940230915_247c66c512_z.jpg

ON MY WAY TO THE MOST MAGICAL PLACE IN THE WHOLE ENTIRE WORLD!!!!!!!

11865301946_fe839dffef_z.jpg

@babybritney: Hello everyone, and welcome aboard the Walt Disney World transportation system.

I know it's probably creepy but I took a picture of the lady sitting in front of me but hey it's only cause I admire her. She is an older woman and yet she still had glittery pink Minnie ears around her neck and a Mickey Mouse charm hanging from her glasses.

11864455555_2db3cf623b_o.png

That is SO ME IN 50 YEARS!!

A few minutes later I was taking in all the familiar sights of the Magic Kingdom area and then it STARTED! The Mickey Mouse March!

Vined it: https://vine.co/v/hDtrxKmraIl

I got off the bus and the sky looked SO BEAUTIFUL!

11940671804_80b6f5c708_z.jpg

As was the MICKEY'S NOT SO SCARY HALLOWEEN PARTY SIGN! AHHHhh!

11865301326_d3f5931e69_z.jpg

Could it BE???! I was really back here AGAIN for another amazing trip and I WAS GOING TO MNSSHP?!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE NEXT DAY!?!?! WHICH WAS HALLOWEEN?!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GAH!!!! The happiness can not be explained!

11940670344_13bbb8d107_z.jpg

11940229315_6e97de7373_z.jpg

That got ten times more excited than I already was. Which meant I was practically in a coma by then.

I actually think I wasn't even fully feeling my excitement because if I did, it would have killed me. Literally though.

They had Saving Mr. Banks posters which just made me EVEN MORE excited to see that movie.

11941071396_10b929e5b0_z.jpg

I have since seen it and... shocking news (sarcasm), it's a great movie! I highly recommend it to anyone looking to see a good film. But for Disney fans, it is essential. I knew it would be. One of my favorite people EVER, Tom Hanks, playing one of my even more favorite people ever, Walt Disney....acting with Emma Thompson. LIFE IS JUST SO GREAT SOMETIMES!

MAGIC KINGDOM MAGIC KINGDOM!!! LET ME AT IT!!!

11940228425_64c08340a2_z.jpg

Got my Minnie ticket ready! (Thank you Jess!!!!!)

11940227825_878f88bd5a_z.jpg

11941068796_2f99e06994_z.jpg

11991256616_e91b61cf88_z.jpg

11990819994_5d383d4cc3_z.jpg

The gates of Heaven.

11864082684_5ec4634bfa_z.jpg

Think of all the joy you'll find when you leave your world behind and bid your cares goodbye...

11940226815_15b136edd2_z.jpg

11940667694_0cfe0405e1_z.jpg

11941067316_8fe2679f2b_z.jpg

11941066996_0ab1a566f6_z.jpg

11990727133_48648a5b9f_z.jpg

DO I HAVE WORDS FOR THE EXCITEMENT? Not really. All I have to say is "wham." It's all wham.

11940499363_aca027a819_z.jpg

11941066566_1579807598_z.jpg

OCTOBER 30, 2013
Day 1, Part 4 In Which Pinocchio Packs Some Punch​

"Wham! Wham! Wham!"

11990434045_923409d145_z.jpg

11990726323_9326031cee_z.jpg

Me in my element.

11864082434_91ee3de1c2_z.jpg

At last, I am here!

11991255686_f558daa9b3_z.jpg

To my absolute delight, Dapper Dans were out in their fall finest! I was starving, but I just had to stay and watch their wonderfulness.

11863638495_5c57235df0_z.jpg

What is better than walking into Magic Kingdom hearing the Dapper Dans sing?!

11940665074_1ce5b1a278_z.jpg

It's so strange to be in your hometown one day doing normal things, and then within hours you are standing in Magic Kingdom watching the freaking Dapper Dans. I mean, really? You just get so used to your daily life and no matter how much Disney you inject into it, it doesn't compare to being there. And then you're there and you're like... WHY DON'T I DO THIS EVERY DAY? I CAN'T GO BACK TO THE REAL WORLD, THAT IS NO WAY TO LIVE!!

11940664314_349a8da745_z.jpg

11990442935_ee2c681f11_z.jpg

Once they finished up, I continued down Main Street.

11940497253_4b13e25729_z.jpg

Ahh... Camelot.

11940662844_b3d31f4155_z.jpg

11990444105_b47174670b_z.jpg

11990824204_d0d369a703_z.jpg

As you can see some guests got a ride to the castle! I want to do that!

11991258306_3ce26cf718_z.jpg

I was headed to Fantasyland, so I made a left to go through Liberty Square.

11940221245_5479cbc4bc_z.jpg

11940661804_9ddf4179ac_z.jpg

11990734063_54b69e9020_z.jpg

11940661374_17ff26b580_z.jpg

I thought of Jess because this is her favorite spot to take pictures. We had been texting all day, of course, and she was DYING being stuck in school while I was arriving in Disney! She would soon be on her way, though! And around this time was when she asked me what I was wearing to California Grill. We discussed outfits and she said that we had to take "hot and fancy" pictures. I thought it was the funniest thing I had ever heard and so hot and fancy was born!

One of the reasons I wanted to go through Liberty Square is because I was determined to find the Hidden Oswald! I had seen a photo of it months earlier and knew I would not be satisfied until I found it myself. I didn't know exactly where it was, just that it was in Liberty Square and there were a bunch of objects just sitting around it. Luckily it's the smallest land and didn't take me long!

AND HERE IT IS!

11864082234_6caef769b9_z.jpg

Very cool. I love Hidden Mickeys, but when there's a hidden other character it feels extra special.

Fantasyland architecture is pretty.

11940495073_dcc40aafbf_z.jpg

11940219885_21ba9eaae4_z.jpg

Before my lunch destination, I had to stop at Pinocchio's Village Haus because ever since May I had been D-Y-I-N-G for the All Natural Lemonade with Wildberry Foam.

If I ever happened to work Food and Beverage, I would absolutely love for it to be here because I want to work the marionettes!

11991257676_7d514a74e7.jpg

Obviously, I would act out the *NSYNC "Bye Bye Bye" video daily in that case. :D

11941061276_58c302c9d0_z.jpg

Once inside, I realized that at this particular location, the lemonade was now called "Pinocchio Punch". It's the exact same thing, just with a cuter name!

Ahh... drinking this again was just pure Heaven.

11863942533_0fcc7dcdcf_z.jpg

There was a big wall up in front of most of Pinocchio's. We are not really sure what they are doing here, maybe an expansion? That place can get pretty jam packed during the lunch hours, but that goes for every restaurant.

I headed right out and over to BE OUR GUEST!!!!

11990733653_7384e35078_z.jpg

FINALLY.

Up Next: My Be Our Guest experience & moro solo adventures around Magic Kingdom!

Ummm how did I not know about Pinocchio Punch?! Seriously. That looks absolutely delicious and I want some right now! The foam on top takes it up a whole notch I bet. YUMMMM!

This trip sounds like a blast and I can't wait to read all about it! I love Pop, too and the 70's section behind the Mickey Phone was where we stayed on our first visit to Pop, so it will always hold a special place in my heart! :love:

Long time reader... first time poster here! Was anxiously awaiting your next trip report and I'm glad it's here! Also so happy to see the Pop pictures! We'll be staying at Pop for the first time in May and can't wait!! :yay: Can't wait to read about all of your adventures!

Lia I am delighted that you have started to post this TR - reading your trip reports give me a little bit of escapism that saves me from cracking under the pressure/stress whilst at work.

I'm so excited to read this and find out about all the amazing adventures you, Jess and Gina got up to!

Hi lia!! I read all of your TRs and never really post, but letting you know I'm here!! Can I be your friend and go to disney with you??? I promise I won't crampyour style :cool1:(even though there is an age difference). I need to go to disney with someone who has the same enthusiasm as you!! :dance3:

I woke up dark and early (since it was before the sun got up) and soon my mom and I were on the way to the airport. A little stop at Dunkin was in order...

11864088684_ed6ce9632f_z.jpg

You know, I love their whole wheat bagels so much. I practically live on them.

This is as far as I've gotten so far and WHAT!?!!!!! You live in North Jersey and choose to eat DD bagels!?!?!???????? :sad2: You told me where to go for cupcakes... now I need to tell you where to go for bagels!!! :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter