Lia & Jess's Hot and Fancy Halloween and Christmas Party Trip! ~ NEW TR POSTED 9/2!!!

__disneygirl

well, all that's left now is the happy ending.
YOU'RE INVITED TO LIA & JESS'S HOT AND FANCY
HALLOWEEN AND CHRISTMAS PARTY TRIP REPORT!

tumblr_lspivx9jge1qcfn0j.gif
tumblr_mc4bilEDJ21qdlkyg.gif
tumblr_m7a5zqmyNt1roozkr.gif

11972702933_6e321a1ca9_z.jpg
11972412885_9105dc3a99_z.jpg

My friends. THIS is the one you've been waiting for.

The most spirited Trip Report of them all!

I'll be your host. Your Haunted Mansion Ballroom Dancer host, that is.

This is me in my more corruptible, mortal state.

11972833984_13a3f72d2d_z.jpg

I'M LIA!! If you don't know me already, as a Disney fan you are just plain missing out. Unless you aren't a Disney fan. In which case you are very lost right now. WELCOME ANYWAY!

Let's see... who am I? Well, I enjoy marrying chipmunks, hugging women who can make snow, being photobombed by Eugene Fitzherbert, doing the hand jive with Bob Jackson, dancing with Prince Phillip, and walking around the Magic Kingdom as a member of the living dead. I can usually be found on a Disney trip, planning a Disney trip, or in the front row at a Hanson show.

Disney means more to me than I could ever explain in words. It has been a massive part of my life since I was a baby. The magic is real, period. There is nothing more inspirational than Disney because all of their claims about how dreams come true are backed up by the fact that Walt followed his dreams and look what he created. If that doesn't inspire you to get going on your dreams and never give up on them, I don't know what will!

I love everything about Walt Disney World and can not get enough. This was my 12th trip there since my first in 1995 and I can honestly say the love and obsession with this place only intensifies. It's not like other things where you can experience it a lot and then feel satisfied. What keeps happening is that I just find new adventures to go on, more to discover, and the appreciation for Disney just gets deeper.

I am very lucky in that I have a close Disney loving friend named Jess who was my partner in crime during this trip.

11972756003_8cd96bdd74_z.jpg

Jess lives in Orlando and enjoys being engaged to Pluto, frumping around Disney World like all the time, having the most popular DIS thread, flirting with Aladdin, and macaroni and cheese just in general. She can usually be found meeting characters or wandering around a Disney park's parking lot, screaming for Brooke, who is her female automobile.

Jess and I are the two biggest Disney fans you will ever meet. We love everything to do with Disney with a firey, burning passion that most people cannot even comprehend.

It is VERY rare that I meet someone who's love for Disney actually meets mine. I can not even tell you how fun it is to be in Disney World with someone who gets it on my level. Plus outside of the whole Disney thing she is just a great person, we have the best time together, and can talk about anything! After our 2 week trip together in May, we knew we had to plan another one! It was only a matter of time.

The love only grows and grows for us, and Disney only gets MORE magical the more we go and the more we learn about it. For us, Disney is not just entertainment, a company, or a place we enjoy going... it's a way of life.

There will be some special guests in this trip report, like Gina (who you know from my last two reports), the incomparable Bob Jackson, and of course... HANSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was the third trip where I got to see my favorite band in my favorite place. I am the luckiest girl ever, I can't even believe it. I am so happy they love Disney. It could not be more perfect.

There is one more person in this TR I have to introduce you to. She is hot and fancy.

11864192585_a65d84491b_o.jpg

This girl was the mascot of our trip and is now the mascot of our lives. Basically this chick is all about self love. When you feel hot, fancy, fabulous, or any other awesome feeling about yourself, you do the movement she is making in this Emoji. However, Jess and I do it with our palm pointing down instead, like this:

11975620863_167b2d2460_z.jpg
11976157956_23234d677e_z.jpg

We did this approximately 7,940 times during our trip. We had been using this emoji a lot in our texts prior to the trip, but then it got out of control. She became the hot and fancy girl when Jess texted me saying that we needed to take "hot and fancy" pictures at California Grill. Obviously I thought this was the most hilarious thing I had ever heard. Hot and fancy is the funniest combination of words basically ever, so our Emoji friend then became the hot and fancy girl. I know, we are crazy. Whatever.
11972902063_55e9653dd8_o.png

So, like I said... YOU'RE INVITED! I can honestly say this is one of the best trips I have EVER had. Things went so perfectly that it was above and beyond what I had hoped for. Magical things happened that just blew my mind and made me INSANELY HAPPY.

Time slowed down for once and I was able to enjoy myself to the maximum. Jess and I were basically beside ourselves with happiness the entire time. You do NOT want to miss this one!

COME JOIN US AS WE PRACTICE OUR HOT AND FANCY TERROR WITH GHOULISH DELIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

th_thjackicon.jpg
tumblr_ltmgchk6dO1qcfn0j.gif
tumblr_ltmgckzGJp1qcfn0j.gif
tumblr_ltmgcnyYLZ1qcfn0j.gif
tumblr_ltmgcqcNbI1qcfn0j.gif
tumblr_ltmgctDmVw1qcfn0j.gif
tumblr_ltmgcwuzQc1qcfn0j.gif
tumblr_ltmgd4JVlj1qcfn0j.gif
tumblr_ltmgd7AjQQ1qcfn0j.gif

Index

Pre-Trip Info & Previous Trip Reports

Day 1: October 30, 2013
Day 1, Part 1 In Which We Get This Show on the Road!
Day 1, Part 2 In Which I Find Hades at Pop Century
Day 1, Part 3 In Which The Magic Kingdom Is Wham
Day 1, Part 4 In Which Pinocchio Packs Some Punch
Day 1, Part 5 In Which Lumiere Is No Joke
Day 1, Part 6 In Which Ghosts Don't Hitchhike
Day 1, Part 7 In Which I'm In A Pumpkin Sandwich
Day 1, Part 8 In Which RAPUNZEL AND JASMINE ARE TOGETHER AGAIN!
Day 1, Part 9 In Which We are Hot and Fancy at California Grill
Day 1, Part 10 In Which We Are Party Animals At EMH

Day 2: HALLOWEEN!
Day 2, Part 1 In Which This Is Halloween, Everybody Make A Scene!!!!
Day 2, Part 2 In Which Everest Is A SCREAM.
Day 2, Part 3 In Which I AM A MARRIED WOMAN!
Day 2, Part 4 In Which We Meet Our Favorite Adventurers!
Day 2, Part 5 In Which PUMPKIN BRIGHT, CANDLE LIGHT, HALLOWEEN OUR FAVORITE NIGHT!
Day 2, Part 6 In Which We Can Live Like Jack and Sally If We Want
Day 2, Part 7 In Which I Scare A Duck
Day 2, Part 8 In Which I Am Photobombed By A Swashbuckling Rogue
Day 2, Part 9 In Which A Girl Dances With A Prince
Day 2, Part 10 In Which We Are Hot, Fancy, and Regal on the Carousel
Day 2, Part 11 In Which There’s A Half Naked Man, Fireworks, Brew, and the Headless Horseman Too!
Day 2, Part 12 In Which BOO BOO BOO BOO BOO BOO BOO BOO BOO. TO. YOU. AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!
Day 2, Part 13 In Which Jess Goes West and I Go Home
Day 2, Part 14 In Which Mr. Toad Is Hot and Fancy
Day 2, Part 15 In Which Ghouls Just Wanna Have Fun
Day 2, Part 16 In Which I Am the Ruler of Halloweentown

Day 3: November 1, 2013
Day 3, Part 1 In Which We Eat Off Our Halloween Hangover
Day 3, Part 2 In Which Smee and Rafiki are Lost in Epcot
Day 3, Part 3 In Which We Freak Out A Photopass Photographer
Day 3, Part 4 In Which We Buy One Get One Free
Day 3, Part 5 In Which If The Light is Off, Then it Isn't On

Day 4: November 2, 2013
Day 4, Part 1 In Which I Soar Above The Kingdom!
Day 4, Part 2 In Which We Are Hot, Fancy, and Rainy
Day 4, Part 3 In Which We Are Hot, Fancy, and Dry THANK GOD
Day 4, Part 4 In Which Rapunzel the Elf is Born!
Day 4, Part 5 In Which We Are Reunited With BOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Day 5: November 3, 2013
Day 5, Part 1 In Which I Am Surprised By Breakfast and Aaron Carter
Day 5, Part 2 In Which Magnets and Dumbo, Yo!
Day 5, Part 3 In Which I AM THE LAST GUEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Day 6: November 4, 2013
Day 6, Part 1 In Which I Get Mouse Approval On My Art
Day 6, Part 2 In Which Evie Starlight Goes To The Brown Derby With...
Day 6, Part 3 In Which We Grill in the Garden and See HANSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Day 7: November 5, 2013
Day 7, Part 1 In Which I'm An Animation VIP
Day 7, Part 2 In Which We Meet The New Princesses and See My Princes

Day 8: November 6, 2013
Day 8, Part 1 In Which We Feel That Special Kind of Feeling in Christmasland!
Day 8, Part 2 In Which Mickey Mouse Needs Our Help
Day 8, Part 3 In Which Goodbye Might Seem Like Forever...

Pre-Trip Info & Previous Trip Reports
This trip came about because I was so desperate to be back in Disney during the fall season. I have been to WDW many different times of the year and to me NOTHING compares to the fall for 4 very important reasons.

1. Halloween time/MICKEY'S NOT SO SCARY HALLOWEEN PARTY!
2. The Epcot International Food and Wine Festival
3. The low crowds
4. The perfect weather

After my epic 2 week May trip to Disney, I was sure I couldn't go back to Disney within the year. There was no way I could afford it, right? But then June and July were two of the worst months of my life. I don't want to get into why, but I was completely miserable. My friends, it is very true that the night is the darkest just before the dawn because after that I had a life changing experience that put everything into perspective. I somehow got a whole bunch of answers I was looking for and things completely seemed clear to me.

One of the things I realized is that I was absolutely going to Disney in the fall.

I could make it happen! I WILL FIND MY WAY, I CAN GO THE DISTANCE!!
11972902063_55e9653dd8_o.png

So I texted Jess and she freaked out. We started planning this trip that would eventually turn into one of the best of our lives!

I remember the exact moment it dawned on me that I was *really* going. I was hanging some headbands up and my store and I just started smiling uncontrollably.

THUNDERCATS ARE GO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our trip dates were October 30-November 6 and we stayed at my DVC home resort, Pop Century!

I was dying to stay at Riverside since in May we stayed at French Quarter and I became obsessed with Port Orleans as a whole, but being that I wanted to be smart with money I went with my perfect old standby instead. I absolutely LOVE Pop and recommend it to everyone. I have stayed there so many times and it makes me so happy!

We were going to MICKEY'S NOT SO SCARY HALLOWEEN PARTY on none other than HALLOWEEN!! It has always been a dream of mine to do the party on that exact date and finally it was coming true!

On November 2, Gina would come visit and stay for the night. On November 4 & 5, HANSON WOULD BE PERFORMING AT EPCOT!

This trip was just going to be unreal!

I started counting down and planning my costume for MNSSHP. As you may remember from my Stuck in Disney report, I am the MNSSHP QUEEN. It is my obsession. I went 3 times in one week during that trip. Halloween/fall is my favorite time of year so combining that with Disney just sends me over the edge.

I had been thinking about what my next MNSSHP costume would be since before that trip even ended! There are several factors that go into this. For me, it has to be a Disney-related costume and it has to be comfortable. Those are the two main things, but I also like it to be original.

My first idea was pretty interesting, and I actually don't even want to give it away because I may use it in the future. However, the make-up was getting complicated as was the design of the costumes. I always put together my own costumes because I hate the bagged, pre-made ones and so a LOT of work goes into it. It just wasn't turning out the way I hoped, and being a perfectionist, I needed to be happy with it!

My favorite part of the entire MNSSHP is the Haunted Mansion section of the Boo To You parade, especially the ballroom dancers.

That ballroom scene has been one of my favorite things about ALL OF DISNEY WORLD since I was a child, so seeing it come to life is absurdly magical. I love that they are dead and spooky but also all decked out and dancing fabulously while screaming and scaring people. THIS IS SO MY THING.

I remember thinking during my Stuck in Disney trip that I would LOVE to go to MNSSHP as a Haunted Mansion Ballroom Dancer, but I shrugged it off pretty quickly, realizing how hard the costume would be to make. However, once I scrapped my first costume, the wheels started turning and I came up with a design for the ballroom dancer that I was SO happy with.

Miraculously, I found all the pieces pretty easily and did a ton of sewing. I practiced my make-up several times and examined photo after photo of these dancers, trying to add as many details in as possible, like the feather boa that is at the bottom of the girls' dresses. Before I knew it, I was trying on the full look and staring at myself like OH MY GOD I ACTUALLY FREAKING DID IT. ARE YOU FOR REAL.

Of course, I was still putting the finishing touches on the outfit the night before my trip... but I managed to finish everything to the point where I was very happy with it!

I only booked three ADRs because I wanted to eat mainly at The Food & Wine Festival. You will just have to wait and see what they are!

I came up with a touring plan for MNSSHP on Halloween and left room for lots of error. I know that party always sells out and that it can get very crowded with long lines, especially for characters. I managed my expectations and decided I would not be upset if things took longer than I wanted and we didn't get to do as much as I have in the past. I had absolutely NOTHING to worry about... but you can read about that when the time comes! ;)

The day before the trip was awesome. I watched The Little Mermaid and The Nightmare Before Christmas while putting the finishing touches on my costume and then my mom made a big Thanksgiving-style dinner because when I go on trips she acts like I am leaving for a year.

While all this was happening, Jess was off running around Disney for me! She went to Company D to buy my park ticket for me and sent me a photo of it. I swear I saved everything she sent me but I can't find them! Hmm.

THIS MADE ME EVEN MORE EXCITED. Minnie was on my ticket, which I was so happy about because my MNSSHP ticket had Mickey on it. Now they were a pair. ❤

She then went to Pop Century to verify her CM ID and leave my Magic Band and ticket at the desk for me! Jess had school on the day I was flying to Disney. and my arrival time was hours before she would be done, so we wanted to make sure I could check in without her.

She took a picture of the front of Pop and sent it to me with the message "preview of your life" HAHAHA I LOVE HER.

THANK YOU SO MUCH PRINCESS!!!! Ahhhhh I was so happy and SO EXCITED!!!!!!!

I think that's all the pre-trip information necessary!

If you would like to read extensively about my Disney love, please check out my other Trip Reports!

The MCLOVINS Hit the World - HARD!!!! ~ April 2010 birthday trip
This is the dawning of the rest of our lives... AT DISNEY WORLD! ~ Dec 2011 Christmastime trip
"I'M STUCK IN DISNEY!" A Delightfully Unliveable TR ~ Oct/Nov 2012 trip during Hurricane Sandy
Young At Heart: The #BirthdayFestivus Adventure! ~ 2 week May 2013 birthday trip

Alright guys, I think that's it for now! Tune in next time for the very first day of this legendary trip!

tumblr_lsode625Li1qcfn0j.gif

Last edited:

You guys are so freaking awesome!! I'm so here!!My coworkers tell me all the time they wished they love something as much as I love Disney! So happy to hear from other Disney lovers!!!

Love your costume!!!!! We are big fans of MNSSHP and you nailed your costume!!! So excited about your TR as always and I'm along for the ride!!! :cool1:

OMG I am still in love with you MNSSHP costumes. OK, that out of the way... SUBBING!!! :woohoo:

Obviously ridiculously excited for this one and HOW COOL that were there during the Halloween/Christmas conversion. That's one thing I've always wanted to do.

I just know that as I read this I will be booking a Fall trip for this year. No doubt in my mind. Well, truth be told I was planning to anyway... but this will for sure put me over the edge. :hyper:

Yay, Lia!!! I am so happy you started this report! I am still SO BUMMED that I missed seeing you in MK when we were leaving on our last day just as you were arriving on your first. But nevertheless, I am excited to read about your adventures!!! I loved following along with the pictures you & Jess were posting on Instagram from the week, so it will be fun to finally get the context around everything. :goodvibes And of course I can't wait for the...HANSON UPDATES!!!! By the way, what the flip did Taylor do to his hair?!?!? :scared1::scared1:

I'm SO looking forward to this report Lia! :woohoo:

You & Jess are really lucky to have found each other :)

Best wishes,
Siân.xx

How do you make holidays better? Lia AND Jess!!!

LOVE so far and can't WAIT for more!
:)

:love:

Hi Lia! I love your TR's...so amazing! Can't wait to hear all the details of this one. It's my first post and first thread subscription...what better time, rightpopcorn::??

I'm in too!! :)))

I wish one of my BFF's loved Disney like I do.. They just don't get it.. Sigh...

We were there in October as well and I agree- LOVE Disney in the fall.

MNSSHP is a new love and favorite!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH <--my reaction when I found this on the main trip report page. IT'S FINALLY UP! YAYYY!

First of all:
The love only grows and grows for us, and Disney only gets more magical the more we go and the more we learn about it. For us, Disney is not just entertainment, a company, or a place we enjoy going...it's a way of life.

PREACH IT GIRL. Nothing else could describe my feelings toward Disney more accurately.

Second of all:
I. Am. In. Love. With. Your. Costume. I respect and admire you SO much for making that yourself--seriously, that takes so much talent and dedication. I can't give you enough credit for it, because it's entirely flawless.

Third of all:
Honestly, I really really really want to meet you some day. Your endless energy and love for Disney is so incredible and to be able to meet you and experience that enthusiasm from someone else in person would be so much fun.

Last of all:
You could probably tell by the fact that I'm commenting on this, but I'm totally subbing in. THIS IS GOING TO BE SO EXCITING.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter