Lia & Jess's Hot and Fancy Halloween and Christmas Party Trip! ~ NEW TR POSTED 9/2!!!

Awesome updates!!

Glad that everyone peaced out in the rain and you got to have the kingdom practically to yourself!!

Yay lemonade! Yay bog cupcakes! The master's cupcake is probably my favourite!

Looks like an awesome fun day filled with so many awesome things!! Glad the 3 of you were all reunited it sounds like it was SO much fun!!

I totally hear you about your heart being in two different places. I love where I am, but sometimes I wish I could press "pause" on my life, live/work in WDW for a year or so, and then come right back to my life like nothing has changed. Oh well, guess I'll just have to retire to Central FL!

Enjoying your reports and looking forward to your cruise report!

Coming out of lurk-dom to say,
THAT NARNIA PIN IS THE BOMB AND I NEED IT!! I can't believe someone would trade that away!
I'm really enjoying your report! I'm a big fan of Jess' reports too so this is like the mother of all TR's!!
Keep up the amazing work!!!

I am normally a lurker of your trip reports, but as I have started to write a wedding planning journal on the Disboard Wedding Forum, I have started to also comment on the reports I have been reading.

First off, let me say that your Halloween costume was amazing. I have never been to a MNSSHP, but my husband loves Halloween and after he proposed to me this past January at Disney, he is now obsessed with Disney. Not as much as me, but close. We got married 25 days after our engagement due to some seriously unfortunate circumstances and are planning a big wedding for our 1 year anniversary. He has already said he wants to go to Disney for our honeymoon. And I am trying to work a cruise in. Haha.

Anyway, back to your report. lol.

I would seriously love to know how the UP pumpkin did not win?????? I am obsessed with UP! It is the theme of my wedding. So naturally, seeing that it came in second really upset me.

Also, Toy Story is one of my favorite movies and I am super excited to find out that they have a Pizza Planet souvenir cup! We haven't been there since I was younger, but OMG we are going there on our Disneymoon! I have to have that cup! Souvenir cups are the main souvenirs I get because I love looking all fancy when I am at home with my fancy Disney cup:)

Anyway, I am super excited to read the rest of this report, as well as your next one!

Thank you!!! That's a cute story about you and your husband, he sounds like a catch! Halloween is the BEST and you guys will have the best time when you eventually go to MNSSHP together! I hope your Disney cruise and honeymoon works out!

So happy you went on Astro Orbiter!!! I, too, either haven't ever been on it or went when I was far too young to remember. I will have to do so soon... the view looks too intriguing to pass up!

:rotfl: on your "Ask Ashley" reference!!! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 I work in a museum library and every time someone is remotely loud I have an urgent desire to get out a megahorn and scream into it "QUIET THIS IS A LIBRARY!!!" Another All That reference ;)

Definitely go on it... like I said the views alone are so worth it!

I LOVE LORI BETH DENBERG!! That was a great sketch. I used to die laughing at that every time it was on. All That was the best.

STOP IT! How did I never know there is a baby Sinclair at DHS?!?!?! I LOVED Dinosaurs! One of my favorite shows as a kid. Why don't they make TV like that anymore?? It's tragic!

There was so much greatness in these updates, and now I can't remember all that I wanted to post about. But :love:!

Me too! Have you watched it as an adult because it's CRAZY how many jokes are in it that I didn't get as a kid. Also, the end is really really depressing! I've been meaning to do a re-watch of it. It was such an interesting show. Read this: http://flavorwire.com/468226/20-years-late-dinosaurs-is-still-tvs-weirdest-family-sitcom

Thank you!

Wow, the updates! So happy you are back and posting at a ferocious rate! All great updates, and I especially enjoyed all the food involved! :thumbsup2

Thanks for the tip about Bowtie cinemas. I just checked and the Clairidge in Montclair seems like it still plays non-mainstream films so I am super happy right now! :goodvibes By the way, I'm not sure how close this is to you, but if you haven't been to the Ridgefield Park theater since it became Starplex you have to go. It's cheaper than the AMC at GSP and they have huge comfy armchairs with reclining seats and the leg-rest thingy that pops up!

Thank you!! I love the Clairidge. Montclair is great., I haven't been to the Starplex but I've I'm around I'll have to check it out!

Haha I have to correct you on one thing Lia. When it's raining (or sunny for that matter), I'm fully ok with people staying away. They're stupid to do it, but I'm completely ok with it, lol

NO DANCING PIN!!!! I have very few pins, but I finally got that one which was really the main one I always wanted. So exciting!

Honestly Lia, reading about your trips sure does make it so hard live up to the fun you always have. But by God I try!!! I figure just take your TR's as a template and insert yourself into it and you'll have the best trip ever.

LOL I agree. I probably shouldn't have urged guests to brave the rain.. but I just don't get it!

That would be really funny and creepy if someone re-enacted my TRs and just did everything we did. Omg, that would be hilarious.

I totally hear you about your heart being in two different places. I love where I am, but sometimes I wish I could press "pause" on my life, live/work in WDW for a year or so, and then come right back to my life like nothing has changed. Oh well, guess I'll just have to retire to Central FL!

Enjoying your reports and looking forward to your cruise report!

Hitting pause would be good :headache:

Thanks!

Coming out of lurk-dom to say,
THAT NARNIA PIN IS THE BOMB AND I NEED IT!! I can't believe someone would trade that away!
I'm really enjoying your report! I'm a big fan of Jess' reports too so this is like the mother of all TR's!!
Keep up the amazing work!!!

Check Ebay! & Thank you!

I have read your past trip reports and was so happy to find a new one but sad i will have to wait for updates lol I am usually reading it when your done. WE have a trip planned for mnsshp this year going on september 28th and it will be our kids 5 & 7 first time (me and hubby went for our ten year last september) and we agree hard to imagine not going every year! so glad to see jess is still having a blast living the dream and i will be following along. I know I am late to the party but so excited!

NOVEMBER 3, 2013
Day 5, Part 1 In Which I Am Surprised By Breakfast and Aaron Carter​

This morning, we all slept in. Jess, being the responsible girl that she is, decided she was going to go back to her apartment so that she could complete her homework while I hung out in Disney with Gina.

Gina was not buying a park ticket this trip so the plan was to visit resorts for the day! Yay!

This is the point in the report where all the pictures from my phone that I did not upload onto Instagram are gonna be missing. Not a huge loss, but there are going to be moments you are used to me posting a picture of that will no longer be there so if you notice that, you'll know why!

I love the giant Mickey phone. So much.

14770287064_aae43a5378_o.jpg

It took us awhile to get up and get going, so when we went to the Pop food court, I thought they wouldn't be serving breakfast anymore because it was past 10:30. Well, it turns out they stopped serving at 11:30!!! MICKEY WAFFLES IT IS!

14772307492_0c18b2cf6f_o.jpg

@babybritney: Finding out breakfast was served until 11:30 was the highlight of my life today.

Gina got a chocolate croissant, banana, and diet coke. I got the Mickey Waffles and a chocolate milk. YUM YUM YUM.

BFF selfie!

14749632816_52cd98e4af_o.jpg

We noticed they had put a lot of Christmas stuff out at Everything Pop overnight, including CHRISTMAS CHIPPYS!

14767906476_f4613962b6_z.jpg

Love them.

From there we went to Downtown Disney & parked on the West Side.

14810744603_7680df7273_z.jpg

and walked around for awhile, hitting up D-Street so I could try and Vinyl trade again. The Vinyl I ended up getting looked exactly like Chernabog from Fantasia, but it wasn't. I just pretend it is. That clip from Fantasia used to scare/fascinate me as a kid. I couldn't believe it was in a Disney movie (it was the first clip from the version of A Disney Halloween that I had, too).

We walked down by House of Blues and there was a huge line wrapped around the building because Demi Lovato was playing there that night. I just smiled at the countless memories I have of waiting on line all day/night for Hanson. Ahhhhhh, Hanson.

We decided to take the water taxi over to the Marketplace.

14604196970_20051f6c12_z.jpg

I've never done that before, so that was nice for a change.

14787769581_4396eef014_z.jpg

Water Taxi Vine: Water taxi �� https://t.co/2ZLi4slwsW

14585994079_03b5cf5956_o.jpg

We went to Pin Station next and did some pin trading. I also traded Vinylmations and got a bear from Brother Bear!

While looking around in Pin Station, I realized the song playing on the loudspeaker was "I Just Can't Wait To Be King", but it wasn't Simba singing. I did recognize the voice though, so I thought for a second before CRACKING UP LAUGHING. I said to Gina, "Do you realize who this is?" and she listened and said, "No...?" IT WAS AARON CARTER. I haven't heard Aaron Carter's music played since about 2000, but of course since we were talking about him the night before, there he was. I texted Jess right away to tell her that the goon was being played in Disney. She texted back laughing and said she missed me so much and she could not wait to get back to our Hot and Fancy trip! I missed her too!

Our next stops were Tren-D...

14772307382_a61813d41b_o.jpg

and Basin!

14749632776_5f89760991_o.jpg

Basin was pretty much the only location at DTD that had Christmas decorations up already, besides the Christmas store, of course.

When I was #StuckInDisney last fall, I really wanted to take a picture in front of this Fall display with Mickey & Minnie as scarecrows, but I was alone, so I was happy it was back this year!

14604196800_2946268267_z.jpg

Fall at Downtown Disney starring Lia!!!!!!

After looking around in World of Disney for awhile, we walked back to the car and drove over to the Epcot resort area.

We headed over to the Captain's Grille at the Yacht Club for lunch.

14790549692_13e8021812_z.jpg

(That photo was for you, Rob!!!)

14604197020_d2edcf0857_z.jpg

I've wanted to eat here for a few years now and I get a discount with my Disney Debit Card, so I was excited to finally try it!

I got the Grilled Chicken Sandwich - Made with ham, arugula, and Vermont cheddar on a multigrain roll served with a choice of French fries or vegetalb orzo salad. - $12.49

Sorry no picture, but this was absolutely delicious. I ordered fries with it and they were different than the typical Disney fries... they were so good I think I liked them even more than the sandwich. I also got my beloved All Natural Lemonade with Wildberry Foam!

BYKw876CIAEfB4H.jpg

You just never know where that's gonna show up. I love how they have it at so many different locations!

Gina got the Tomato & Mozzarella Sandwich - Sliced tomato and mozzarella on top of toasted ciabatta with fresh arugula, onions, and basil oil served with your choice of vegetable orzo salad or coleslaw. - $11.49

14604387247_0466b935d1_z.jpg

She enjoyed this a lot too. It was a great meal and our server was super attentive, sweet, and on his game. There were barely any people in there, so there would have been no excuse had the service been spotty, but he went above and beyond which was nice.

After we paid, we just walked to walk around the Yacht & Beach Club and Boardwalk pin trading for awhile, so that's exactly what we did!

14604341799_3bb0098efd_o.png

I looove this Ursula pin.

14810850753_79d28b73ec_o.png

I found Bullseye too!!!!

14604302680_c18166bc4e_o.png

I just have a thing for him... he is one of my favorite random characters. I really need the Bullseye pillow pet.

Cape May Cafe and the entire surrounding area is the prettiest part of the Beach Club to me. I am dying to stay there!

14792512703_289f060b17_o.jpg

Hidden Mickey in the sandcastle!

14769472611_609a2b4e76_o.jpg

*SIGH* CAN I PLEASE STAY HERE?/!!

14604341379_aa3b8e6298_o.png

Does anyone have 3209823 dollars just burning a hole in their pocket? PM me.

14604493387_d246814a43_o.png

14791008865_12e975f1bb_o.png

14788655574_eac7bfaf83_o.png

14604375938_6448d7342f_o.png

NOVEMBER 3, 2013
Day 5, Part 2 In Which Magnets and Dumbo, Yo!​

Once at the Boardwalk, we stopped in here

14790549922_f550eeb886_z.jpg

I checked out the pin board... can you guess which one I picked?

14787872401_60334581eb_o.png

Stitchy!!!

14768012616_a65ac7e0de_o.png

This pin falls apart from its backings a LOT. It fell off my lanyard several times. In April, Jess found it while on my birthday trip and I told her about that and then like a minute later it fell right off hers. So be careful if you find this one!

I decided to pay tribute to my boyfriend Jesse Pinkman with this next photo.

14810744453_b047b31712_z.jpg

YEAH B!!!! Magnets!!! OH!!!!!!!!

Guess who was in the window? Yesnid!!!

14586163187_354e8d12c8_o.jpg

Magical.

Gina bought this princess decal for her car.

14790903785_d18f09317b_z.jpg

Unfortunately, when her dad washed her car a few months later, it fell off! So she bought another one on my birthday trip, and that one fell off too! She said she thinks it's just too humid down there for it to stay on very long. I wonder if it would stay stuck up here because I want it!!

While walking around the Yacht Club, we decided it would not suck to get married in this spot. Yeah, it wouldn't suck at all.

14749632546_8305e5a7f7_o.jpg

14585936770_f06e3ee5db_o.jpg

We went into the Yacht Club shop and I traded for an adorable Donald pin that had anchors all over it... very appropriate for where we were! They were also playing the song that Rose sings in church on the Titanic, so naturally I became emotional and asked the CM working the register why life is so cruel. She did not have an answer!

Gina had to pay me back for lunch but did not have cash so I asked her to just buy me a Disney gift card because I really wanted one of the snazzy gift card bracelets people use at the Food & Wine Festival! I chose purple and looked extremely hot and fancy while wearing it. Thanks Gina!!!

After that we went to the Boardwalk Bakery.

CHECK OUT THE PUMPKIN CUPCAKES!!!!!!!!!

14604375548_a92656d195_o.png

Gina got a Strawberry cupcake. These are delicious!

14787769131_4ec0ef1f71_z.jpg

With her fab car tiara...

14768012986_6c0d09dac9_o.png

Our view!

14787872581_27bf950770_o.png

This is my dream room location in Disney! It is my goal to stay under the Crest O' the Wave someday.

14768012576_b65c3990da_o.png

Before leaving, we had to take some pictures of course.

14788549554_2094c32935_o.jpg

14604233409_4e4b34c31c_z.jpg

Isn't Gina's shirt awesome?! People were stopping her all day asking about it.

14790903665_94e37a9988_z.jpg

Oops sunglasses off please.

14604233589_b328b1d78c_z.jpg

We drove back to Pop Century, where Jess was waiting for me in the parking lot. I felt SO bad that Gina couldn't stay and here we were going off to Magic Kingdom, but I knew we would have more BFFAE adventures in Disney... and we will very soon! In less than two months, actually. I just saw Gina a couple days ago and we are SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!

I was doing some shopping for my MNSSHP costume today. Like the past two years, I am doing a Disney themed costume, but in my own way. So of course I have to put the whole thing together with various pieces. I found the main piece today and I am honestly stunned. It is as if the company made this piece with me in mind, completely knowing what I was planning for this party. I can hardly believe it's real! It doesn't even say it's inspired by the character I'm going for or anything, which is hard to believe because it just screams this character. I'm in love with it. It's also going to save me a lot of work because I won't have to modify it as much as I was planning to. So I am happy about that. Let's keep our fingers crossed that it fits, looks good, and I'm 100% happy with it! If I'm not, I can just go with my original plan. It will take more work but whatever! YAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gina decided she was going to go to Art of Animation to get some Create Your Own Pasta before she had to drive home, so we said our goodbyes. I hopped in Brooke with Jess and off we went to Magic Kingdom!

Jess and I were basically bouncing off the walls LOL. It's like we had a little break from our park touring and it was just too long. It was less than 24 hours, but like, that's a lot. We needed to rev up and get the hot and fanciness going!!

When we got on the monorail, we discussed where in MK we would eat. Nothing jumped out at us, so we decided to get off at the Poly and eat at Captain Cook's! YAY FOR IMPROMPTU DISNEY DINING DECISIONS ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY INCLUDE THE POLY!! WOOOOo!!!!!!!!!

Cook's is one of my favorite CS locations. The last time I was there, I had the Asian noodles, which are the same as served at 'Ohana which means they are heavenly.

However, I've always heard so many good things about the Adult Grilled Cheese, so that's what I went with this time, and Jess got the same thing.

WOW this was so good. Definitely the best grilled cheese of all time! What they mean by "adult" is that there are several different fancy cheeses in it, and the combination of flavors is just absolutely perfect. I can't wait to get it again someday!

From there we got back on the monorail and went straight to our favorite place in the universe, the glorious Magic Kingdom.

14585994059_33a62f8dbe_o.jpg

First, we went to Splash to get fastpasses. It randomly got really really cold and we were slightly dreading getting wet, but I hadn't even been on Splash yet this trip so we were going to brave it!

Jess was absolutely dying for a cake cup from the Cheshire Cafe, and I really wanted to try one too! At this point they had only been there like a month. Unfortunately, when we got up to the window, we found out they were sold out for the day! If you have your heart set on one of those, get it early!

Jess was super annoyed about this... when I say she was DYING for it I mean really. So we needed to get something else sweet and decided that unless we wanted to walk all the way to the front of the park (Confectionery), Storybook Treats was probably our best bet.

Happy Jess was back now because they had Christmas Mickey Rice Crispie Treats, and she was absurdly excited about Christmas. I decided to pass and get something later at Everything Pop.

We sat outside for awhile just chatting while she ate that, and then I decided it was FINALLY time for me to ride Dumbo in the new location! I hadn't been on the ride since 2008, so I was really excited!

By this time, Jess got suuuuper tired and she was really cold, plus she has gone on that ride a ton, so she was finding it to not be a big thrill, whereas I was like OH MYDGDOODJDODJODT HIS IS TSOOO OCOOOOLLSKL OMGOMGOMGGM. Hahaha, it's too bad we don't have it on film because the mixture of her being like yeah whatever and me being like YAY was probably pretty funny :lmao:

14772643475_d5e96ac849_o.jpg

There was no one in the queue which got me even more excited and happy. We ran through and rode with no line and it was so ridiculously exciting!!!! I loved it! I thought it was absolutely beautiful with all the different colors and the water, and it was fun being up there and getting a different perspective from when it was right in the middle of Fantasyland. I'll always miss that classic location, but I love Storybook Circus, so it's all good.

14585936640_51cf2a38e5_o.jpg

I'm sure it's fun in the daytime too, but try and ride it at night, it's just so pretty with all the colors and lights. AHH I loved it!

Great updates again, Lia! This day was the day my boyfriend and I arrived in Florida - I remember because he totally wanted to go to the Demi Lovato gig but we were too jetlagged...haha. We're not really fans but thought it would be SO COOL to see an actual Disney star in Disney (though, I will admit, she's no Hilary Duff...I love how you keep talking about her in this TR. I used to go to Disneyland Paris with my best friend for a few nights each year when we first left high school and my favourite memory from those strips was watching Lizzie and Suite Life re-runs in the room (they have them on loop in the Paris hotels!)...ahhhh, to be young again!

NOVEMBER 3, 2013
Day 5, Part 3 In Which I AM THE LAST GUEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!​

Our Splash FPs were now good, so we headed back over to Frontierland. This became the scariest ride on Splash ever, because it had gotten really cold and was also a bit windy. We were TERRIFIED that we were going to get the one big splash at the beginning of the ride when you go past the big drop. Oh my God, the suspense. If Hitchcock only knew how scary this ride is when it is cold and you do not have a change of clothes or poncho, he would have produced a minimum of ten films about this topic.

We were s c r e a m i n g as we went past the drop, and thankfully, it did not get us. We actually didn't end up getting very wet at all, and it ended up being a really fun ride because of all the epic WILL WE OR WON'T WE GET WET suspense. Every time we thought we would get wet, and then we didn't, we would explode with laughter. It was such a relief! At the very end of the ride when that little waterfall is going beside your log, we leaned ALL THE WAY TO THE LEFT and cracked up the whole time cause we got stopped right there, of course. I got misted a bit there cause that was on my side, but it was okay! I was laughing so much I barely minded. Oh Disney.

From there we headed back toward Main Street to get a good spot for Celebrate the Magic and Wishes. I was SO pumped because this was my only night to see these shows and I had waited all trip for it.

Jess on the other hand felt kind of done. She was like, "Would you hate me if I left?" and said that she really wasn't used to touring the parks the way you do while on vacation anymore. It was totally understandable. It had been such a big trip so far + we had 3 jam-packed days planned after tonight + some of that time she was gonna have to go to school, so it was probably wise that she get some rest before that. I totally understood! I don't mind being solo anyway as all of you probably know by now.

We said goodbye and then I asked if I could have her BTMRR fastpass... because at some point we got them. I don't remember how or why. I think maybe a friend of Jess's just gave them to us because I don't know when we would have gotten them? Anyway, I envisioned a Big Thunder marathon in my near future!

I found a spot in front of the castle just like I always do. It's rare that I see Wishes from anywhere outside of smack in the middle of Main Street (that changed on my birthday trip though!)

Celebrate the Magic & Wishes were, well, Celebrate the Magic and Wishes. Wildly fanciful, life affirming, uplifting, tear-inducing, magnificent and simply resplendent.

The problem with doing so many TRs is that there really isn't much to say anymore that I haven't said... so I'll leave it at resplendent. :laughing:

THE BEST PART.

14770286614_a8dcab1907_o.jpg

When I hear that riff from I See The Light... so many tears. Words can't describe what that film does to me! Pure magic.

14586003958_a3e375902e_o.jpg

14586003948_9b276d178b_o.jpg

I have to say, iPhones do pretty well with fireworks. I mean, for a phone.

14770286554_a824c5075e_o.jpg

14770286534_f2452b2455_o.jpg

14772307002_0e56841282_o.jpg

I love when the park is open post-Wishes because I'm always on such a high after seeing it, so having to leave is just no bueno. I was ready to party!!!

I headed over to Frontierland to use our BTMRR fastpasses. This ride at night kicks major butt, while during the day I could take it or leave it. I think that this night I had more fun on it than I ever have before! I was just over the top happy.

I went on twice with our FPs, but that wasn't totally necessary cause the line was about 5-10 minutes, so I had to ride it a third time too! The 3rd time, the CM loading the trains was like, "Back again? Cast member!" and I said, "Not yet!" Sigh.

14802920933_50b783c992_o.png

It was still really cold so Splash was listed at 10 minutes too. I was dying to go on again so obviously that had to happen! It was the same epic suspense and thankfully I did not very wet. My butt did, but hey, it's Splash Mountain. If your butt isn't wet, did you even ride?! You all know what I'm saying.

I really wanted to get on Space Mountain but the park was about to close, so I had to BOOK it over to Tomorrowland. I'm a professional so this wasn't a very big issue.

I literally had like 2 minutes to get in line but I got very distracted because CHIP AND DALE WERE ON THE TOMORROWLAND STAGE DANCING TO ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I felt so bad Jess was missing it! I mean, I know she lives there and would see them, but she was so overly pumped about Christmas that I knew she would have loved to be there! I danced and sang along and got a rush of OMGCHRISTMAS.

Chip and Dale Vine: https://t.co/AtOxwVtGSu

I ran over to Space just under the wire and it was deserted. After walking the 8,930,009 miles from the door to the loading area, I saw there were only a few guests ahead of me and none behind me! I was literally the LAST person in line.

When it was my turn to move into the numbered rows, all the CMs got excited and made a really big deal about the fact that I was the Last Guest. One of the guys put on a radio announcer accent and was like "Hey there, what's your name?" I told him and he said, "Well Lia, I have some great news for you, you are Space Mountain's LAST GUEST!!!!!!!!!!" and then other CMs started yelling "Last Guest! Last Guest!" in various funny voices. They also had to officially announce that I was the Last Guest, which I assume is part of their closing procedure. I felt very special!

Then I proceeded to have one of the COOLEST experiences I've ever had in Disney.

It's not like I was just the Last Guest in a rocket with other guests. I was in my own rocket.

BUT... it gets better. Oh, it gets SO much better.

It's not just that I had my own rocket. I had my OWN RIDE.

That's right, folks! There was NO ONE else on the entirety of the ride. No other guests in no other rockets. Not only was I the last guest, I was the SOLE guest! I was COMPLETELY alone on Space Mountain.

:scared1:

MY!!!!!!!!

OWN!!!!!!!!!!

PRIVATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SPACE!!!!!!!!!!!

MOUNTAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

party:

Oh my God. I can not even describe how fun this was!!! All the CMs got really into it and kept yelling LAST GUEST WOOOO as I buckled in and took off. It was like I won a contest or something and everyone was celebrating!

14596395389_a314c742d0_o.png

14760067476_d9c9d8fe4b_o.png

As the ride got going, I really realized I was the ONLY person on the entire ride and I could barely believe it. I could hear so many more space sounds because there was no one screaming or laughing and no sound of other rockets riding around. It was dead in there! I don't know if I'm accurately describing how weird this was... weird, yet awesome of course!

Hearing no other voices was actually kind of creepy. The whole thing was actually a bit eerie because my rocket was the only thing moving and the only thing making sound outside of the space sounds. I was just laughing really hard out of shock the entire time and looking around like "Is this real?"

The whole thing happened so fast and I just could not believe I was the only person on the whole of Space Mountain. It felt like I entered another dimension or something! I felt like I was Magic Kingdom's one and only guest! IT WAS THE COOLEST THING EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!1

14783067385_ac9818b05e_o.png

I really hope that happens again sometime in my life, because oh my God, it was so ridiculously fun and such a singular experience. What a rush!!!!

Going to Disney so many times, it's rare that something totally unexpected that never even occurred to you before could happen. I never thought I would ride Space completely alone and it was the best surprise ever!! It makes me look so forward to the future. Disney never really feels repetitive, especially not in a banal way, but when something like this happens it just reminds you that fun you could never imagine still awaits in this place you are beyond familiar with!

Disney, my friends, is limitless.

I was on such a high from that, I really didn't want to leave, so I hung out in the shops awhile (sorry, CMs!) and checked out the amazing art on display.

14802921613_775d388610_o.png

"The Whoopee Party" is such a cute short!! Look that one up if you've never seen it.

14596553087_f2d4695d44_o.png

14780707604_de67c890fc_o.png

I NEED THIS SO BADLY. It is so perfect.

14802921693_33ca50a5e9_o.png

My last stop of the evening was to be the Confectionery.

14791718195_e884a5f31d_o.png

I think this is the first time I saw and got the Mickey Macaron. I've been obsessed with French macarons for the past few years and I am so happy Disney finally sells them! I actually ate my first one ever at Boma, but it was only a specialty item for celebrations.

I wasn't expecting it to be that good, because they are pretty difficult to make the correct way, plus it was the very end of the night so I figured they'd been sitting there awhile. At their best, macarons are my favorite sweet/dessert ever and basically a delicacy. At their worst, they are too crunchy, but usually still have a great flavor.

14788583441_91f9dd29da_o.png

This was lemon with chocolate filling, which is pretty unusual. Most of the time, macarons don't mix flavors. So at a French bakery, this would have been lemon with lemon filling - either a ganache or lemon jam.

14791717375_070af755ab_o.png

I have to say this was pretty good for a theme park! It was a little too crunchy (they are supposed to be soft and chewy toward the filling and crispy on the very outside with air in the middle... like I said pretty difficult to make correctly), but they definitely got the flavor right. I liked the chocolate filling, it was also not as soft as it should be, but I enjoyed it enough to get 2 more during my trip.

I was also surprised at the price. Macarons are usually very expensive, sometimes absurdly so. Most of them are a lot smaller than this Mickey Macaron, and they can cost up to like $3 each. That's how much they sell them for at the mall now, which is insane. My favorite macarons actually come from a bakery in Koreatown (NYC) where they are 1.25 each, so that's not so bad. You'll never see them for less than that. Usually they're about $2 each, and like I said, a lot smaller than the Mickey one. Disney charges less than $3 for their Mickey Macaron, which is a good price. I am surprised they have not realized how much they cost outside of Disney and raised the price (unless they did and I missed it!)

There were lots of Christmas treats out!

14605055599_15035294d9_o.png

It was really fun being there during the holiday transition and seeing the small things go from Halloween to Christmas.

14811557013_d03f082074_o.png

Gingerbread houses and candy Christmas trees in the back

14788583911_629b83d09b_o.png

Later on in the trip they had red and green Mickey Macarons, too!

I will take this entire wall. Thank you.

14605204187_21e7e5d230_o.png

It was time to head out, but I stopped in the restrooms outside the gates first. I don't know why, but for some reason I remember this moment as one of the happiest of my trip. I was probably still on a high from the whole Last Guest thing, I don't know, but I was just really appreciating life. I felt like I could do anything and that everything was going to be okay in my whole life... Disney will do that to you!

14605012220_a9eb8a352e_o.png

So yes, as you can see, I took a selfie to document the happy moment! LATE NIGHT BATHROOM SELFIES 4 LIFE! I sure do miss that feeling. Less than two months until I get to go back!

I have read your past trip reports and was so happy to find a new one but sad i will have to wait for updates lol I am usually reading it when your done. WE have a trip planned for mnsshp this year going on september 28th and it will be our kids 5 & 7 first time (me and hubby went for our ten year last september) and we agree hard to imagine not going every year! so glad to see jess is still having a blast living the dream and i will be following along. I know I am late to the party but so excited!

LOL that reminds me of when I marathon a TV show and then have to wait for the new episode... Life is so hard, am I right? :laughing:

Have a beyond amazing time at MNSSHP!!!! Thanks for following along!

Great updates again, Lia! This day was the day my boyfriend and I arrived in Florida - I remember because he totally wanted to go to the Demi Lovato gig but we were too jetlagged...haha. We're not really fans but thought it would be SO COOL to see an actual Disney star in Disney (though, I will admit, she's no Hilary Duff...I love how you keep talking about her in this TR. I used to go to Disneyland Paris with my best friend for a few nights each year when we first left high school and my favourite memory from those strips was watching Lizzie and Suite Life re-runs in the room (they have them on loop in the Paris hotels!)...ahhhh, to be young again!

Thank you!!! Disneyland Paris sure knows what they are doing having Lizzie marathons on in the hotel rooms. That's awesome.

Super glad that Gina got to come hang out with you for at least a little it! BFF adventures always make this more fun!!

I HAVE to stay at BC some time! And I've done a night at YC but I want more! I definitely plan on doing it again during my program, so if you're down again between Oct & Oct you're more than welcome to have a sleepover :rotfl:

The BW area is just so beautiful & pretty no matter what time of day! There's just something so relaxing about it. Man, I just belong by the sea/a large lake! It needs to happen! Darn these land locked provinces! :rotfl2:

I'm so glad you're able to have so much fun solo in Disney! I guess some people just can't do it, but you're just amazing and awesome! That last guest thing sounds seriously amazing, I feel like I'd be freaked out though! Sometimes I've been with a friend and we're the only people on a ride vehicle and it's creepy! Space would be so scary, bahah!!

Yay for christmas! And macaroons! and Disney bathroom selfies!!

Can't wait to read more!

All of the Jim Shore statues are gorgeous!! Friends of mine brought the Belle one back from their honeymoon for me because I helped out with some of the little things the day of their wedding.

Honestly, Mickey Waffles should be served all day. End of discussion.

Awww, not sure if you meant me for the welcome mat photo because :love: Disney Resort Welcome Mats Rule!!!

OMG I love those sand castle pictures. Actually I think I need to own one.

Ahhh Jesse tribute!!! And I totally have that WDW magnet in your right hand!!

Hmmm, that's interesting about the car decal falling off so easily. Someone just gave me the Mickey head one but I haven't attached it yet. I'll have to keep that in mind.

Oh you tease with your MNSSHP costume, lol.

Wishes is life... That is all.

OMG I could not agree more. BTM in the daytime for me is ok. It's still a classic but meh. But at night it is in a league of its own. Just a completely different experience.

Speaking of great experiences, LAST GUEST ON SPACE!!!! My GOD that sounds epically awesome. So glad you got to experience that. You genuinely deserve those type's of experiences. :goodvibes

I just ran across your TR the other day and have spent some time catching up. You are so fun and I totally feel like I am in Disney reading your TR. Your enthusiasm for all things Disney is infectious, and makes me want to be back there asap!! :) Can't wait to read more of your adventures. :)

Can you never stop writing TR's and taking fabulous pics please?

Seriously....I want to bank roll future trips for you, just because I LOVE the way you write about your experiences, your feelings etc.

Reading your TR's always make me happy, no matter what else is going on in my day, or my life.

Thanks for bringing the sunshine and pixie dust!

Can't wait for the next update! :flower3:

Squeeee, so glad you're back! Hope this means you'll eventually be sharing your spring trip/cruise adventures soon. As I was reading through this, it occurred to me that your #stuckindisney trip was two years ago. Crazy!

What an amazing experience to be the one and ONLY guest on Space Mountain!! There are so many cool experiences in Disney that you just don't know exist until you are the one lucky enough to experience it. Big props to the CMs for making their own celebrations. :thumbsup2

It's so cool to watch that crossover from Halloween to Christmas in photos, it must be even better in person. I am SERIOUSLY aching for a Halloween trip right now. Hopefully 2015!

It is so cool that you got to have a solo ride on Space Mountain! It sounds like such an amazing experience!!! One of my favorite things about Disney are the random little surprises that you would never expected to happen. Nothing like a little bit of pixie dust to completely make your day!

Hi Lia,

Your latest updates are pure gold!! Loved the Sci-Fi audation, perfect!! It’s amazing to me how may negative reviews I see on Sci-Fi, this is our only “must do” table service for every trip! I LOVE campy sci-fi flicks and as sad as it sounds, I have probably seen every movie shown in the clips. Jenn and the kids are not into the campy movies at all, but they love it too and still insist on eating here and least once each trip.

We were so happy to see that you got to draw Rapunzel and hats off to that animator for acknowledging how great that movie is. FYI…We just listened to an interview with Tony Baxter where he admits that he prefers Tangled over Frozen…WAY TO GO TONY!!!! Hopefully the Frozen mob does not put out a hit on him.

Can’t wait for the next update!!

Rob & Jenn (BTW, one week from right now, we will be in WDW:yay:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter