Lia & Jess's Hot and Fancy Halloween and Christmas Party Trip! ~ NEW TR POSTED 9/2!!!

Loving this TR!! Since you're Animation Academy VIP and all ;) do you have any suggestions for toting around your drawing for the rest of the day? I've never done the academy and it's on my MUST DO list for our November trip!!

I always read your trip reports but I'm not sure if I've commented yet. I'm like a trip report reading ninja.

But anyway, I was doing more research for my end of September/October trip and realized that Hanson would be playing on one of my Epcot days. And then I immediately thought of you. So I'd just like you to know that you and Hanson are forever linked in my mind :rotfl2: So basically your love for Hanson is so epic that strangers (me) link the 2 of you together automatically.

Haha, that cracked me up. A portion of a Vine... What are they, like 8 seconds?

Oh... Hell... Yeah... I agree to the maximum percentage of agreement. So many times I have been dismissed in a line because I was solo. (Granted, sometimes it's the CM's who assume I'm with this group or that group because there is no way I could possibly be in the line by myself to meet Ariel... but digress).
But what an awesome "vengeance" to be hauled away all VIP like that.

Haha, "Fauntleroy" doesn't exactly roll off the tongue.

OK, so good thing you bought that ToT Ear hat because (and I mean this completely innocently and respectfully), you look absolutely stunningly adorable in that picture.

Ha, so weird to reflect back on Frozen before it was a thing. At that point in time I was convinced that Elsa was the villain.

America also contains a new love of my life, but in the form of the Voices of Liberty. So I basically now fangirl them the same way you do Hanson. :worship:

I have also met Ariel alone, go us!! Seriously though, face characters are so much better to meet alone cause they focus all on you!

Thank you Rob :goodvibes You are too sweet!!

Voices of Liberty is simply breathtaking.

Another amazing day, that's for sure!!
Glad you got into multiple animation classes, and that the cm's put you through instead of that mean lady, bahaha! Great drawings too! You've got talent!! :cool1:

Yum sugar!! Cookies! Nom!

Awe man, Frozen before Frozen, so weird!! Crappy that the photopass wasn't too friendly about it, like, yeah, character integrity and all, but it's not like a.) the kids could hear you, or b.) they would know what you meant!

Thank you!! I really don't, I have no idea why I am able to draw in Disney cause I certainly cannot anywhere else.

They totally did not know what we meant! I mean, that's the whole point of saying "friends with" anyway!

Wow, what a freaking jerk at the animation academy!!! I'm glad the animator made a big show of letting you in ahead of her. And that her kid apparently realizes that his mom is a jerk.

SO FUN that you got to meet Anna and Elsa before they were ANNA AND ELSAAAAAAAA!!! We are still firmly planted on the Frozen bandwagon. DS and I were totally listening to the soundtrack and singing along on the day to daycare this morning. :thumbsup2

I was reading the setlists and I was seriously thinking OMG RUNAWAY RUN I WOULD DIIIIIIEEEEEE. Like, puddle. On the ground. And then I read your comments and cracked up because we are obviously on the same Hanson wavelength. And when that harmonica comes out and Taylor tells you to jump up and down, YOU JUMP UP AND DOWN, DARN IT!! :lmao: And yay for Give a Little! I know that one is not a rare song, but I still love it and I just can't help but dance when I hear it. When I was blessed to be in Disney at the same time as them in 2012, I got to hear it a lot over 2 nights because it was the most recent music, and I LOVED it!

Nooooo, I'm so sad the trip is almost over and the Hanson shows are over and Halloween is over....this is kinda tragic! But I'm sure you still had a ton of stuff to keep us entertained! :goodvibes

hahaha it was so great. I will always love that animator!

I still listen to the soundtrack too. The songs are so fun to sing and Let It Go never loses its power!

I'm glad we are in the same boat regarding Hanson. Any self-respecting Hanson fan would have to lose it when Runaway Run comes on!

Yeah the last day was a busy day, much more to come, and then my birthday cruise report! :beach:

Great drawing of Donald!

Thank you!

Loving this TR!! Since you're Animation Academy VIP and all ;) do you have any suggestions for toting around your drawing for the rest of the day? I've never done the academy and it's on my MUST DO list for our November trip!!

My tip is just to accept that you are not going to come home with a pristine drawing :lmao: What I do though is bring a hair tie and use that to roll it up and secure it in place. It still gets all messed up eventually though.

I always read your trip reports but I'm not sure if I've commented yet. I'm like a trip report reading ninja.

But anyway, I was doing more research for my end of September/October trip and realized that Hanson would be playing on one of my Epcot days. And then I immediately thought of you. So I'd just like you to know that you and Hanson are forever linked in my mind :rotfl2: So basically your love for Hanson is so epic that strangers (me) link the 2 of you together automatically.

A lot of people feel that way :laughing: People I barely talk to anymore or just random acquaintances often bring up Hanson news to me out of the blue, like "Hey, did you know Hanson is in Australia?" as if I would need them to tell me about my favorite thing in life, LOL.

Thanks for reading!!!

I didn't draw Eugene, I just colored him in :laughing: Wish I could draw like that!

Haha, well you did a great job coloring then. :rotfl:

Wow, that lady at the animation line sounds horrible. :scared1: I am glad the CM took you ahead. People like that deserve to get left behind!

Yay for all of your animation time! Your drawings are great!

I'm glad things worked out with your Tower bellhop Mickey ears!

Yay for meeting Anna and Elsa before the movie came out. It sounds like a great meet. They were really fun when we met them in March and told my nephews that Olaf likes to hide in the pretty flowers (it was Flower and Garden fest time) to play hide and seek. My nephews had to check flowers the rest of the day. haha.

It sounds like some awesome Hanson shows!!

Haha, well you did a great job coloring then. :rotfl:

Wow, that lady at the animation line sounds horrible. :scared1: I am glad the CM took you ahead. People like that deserve to get left behind!

Yay for all of your animation time! Your drawings are great!

I'm glad things worked out with your Tower bellhop Mickey ears!

Yay for meeting Anna and Elsa before the movie came out. It sounds like a great meet. They were really fun when we met them in March and told my nephews that Olaf likes to hide in the pretty flowers (it was Flower and Garden fest time) to play hide and seek. My nephews had to check flowers the rest of the day. haha.

It sounds like some awesome Hanson shows!!

Thank you!!!

That is the most adorable story! I can just imagine them checking for him over and over, how cute. :goodvibes

NOVEMBER 6, 2013
Day 8, Part 1 In Which We Feel That Special Kind of Feeling in Christmasland!​

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today was the day that I was leaving. NOT COOL.

However, this trip felt very long. I don't know how or why, it was like getting lost in a magical time slip. We kept talking about how it felt like we had gone to California Grill weeks ago even though it was only 8 days prior. It's very odd, cause our May trip was 2 weeks long and felt a lot shorter. I kinda felt cheated by how quickly that trip flew by, but this totally made up for it. It's an amazing feeling to get such a thorough break from the real world!

So, even though I was obviously very sad to be leaving, I was definitely more okay with having to go than I've ever been before. I was very content with this trip. So much of it went more perfectly than we ever could have imagined... and it wasn't over yet!

Also OH MY GOD guys guess what!! I have some updates on our trip next month! Flights were supposed to be the cheapest this past week (6 weeks before the trip) but they were only cheap if I flew in at night and if you know me, you know I will never do that! So I was whining to Gina about how I was going to have to pay a ton of money to fly in early as to not waste our first Disney day. Being that she is a direct descendant of Albert Einstein she came up with the brilliant plan for me to fly to Florida a day before our Disney trip begins, sleep at her house that night, and just drive with her the next day! It was just a suggestion at first but when I checked flights they were very cheap!!! So now not only do we get an extra day of BFF time, I get an extra day of vacation, and now the trip is closer!!!!!!!!!! WOOO THREE CHEERS FOR GINA!

Another thing... I discovered THERE IS GOING TO BE A DAPPER DAY WHEN WE ARE IN DISNEY!!! I am soooo excited! For those who don't know about it, Dapper Day happens a couple times a year and it is a fan/guest generated event where a lot of people dress fancy/dapper/upscale to go to the parks. It usually happens at Magic Kingdom (There was one this past March) but this time it's happening at Hollywood Studios! I think this is so perfect because where better to be glamorous and fancy than HOLLYWOOD, right? The only problem is it is happening on our Wizarding World of Harry Potter day, so I don't know how much time we will really have to be fancy or if we will even feel like it, but I did plan on us going to Hollywood that night anyway so at least we can be dapper at night. I don't know what I'm going to wear, of course I want to buy a whole new outfit and go all out but I am already spending a lot on my MNSSHP costume so I don't know if that's wise. We shall see.

The next piece of news is that I thought the Little Mermaid rooms at AoA were sold out, in fact I tried to book this for us not too long ago and could not get it, but of course I did not give up and MY WISH CAME TRUE! I am so excited because I have wanted to stay at AoA for a long time now!!! We never did it before because you can't use a CM discount on a Mermaid room so having the lovely Jess with us, we took the opportunity to stay at other resorts at a discounted price but since this time she (sadly) will not be in Florida during this trip I was like this HAS to be the time I finally stay in an Ariel room!!!

Lastly, omg. I figured out a part of my MNSSHP costume that I was pretty worried about. It worked out more perfectly than I could have imagined and now I am 10x more excited than I was, which is saying something. I get costume anxiety, people.

Anyway... let's get back to November of last year! Here we gooo!

It was time to get Duffy Pan dressed and get our butts out the door. Jess spent this day acting like a 5 year old clinging to her toy, and I say that with love and admiration.

14840762166_4ac4048608_z.jpg

"We have a very important thing to do today!

14772306222_a8db289a46_o.jpg

Monorail selfie!

14585935570_5a4bcb3c8c_o.jpg

It felt so weird that just a week earlier, we were taking a monorail selfie in our Halloween costumes! I could not believe that was only a week ago!

14883604443_51efc69a7d_o.png

Magic Kingdom was transformed.

14677113598_ae4b91d296_o.png

Just a couple days ago, these red bow trees were giant pumpkins.

14677113558_6be44e2628_o.png

Weird right? IDK, I'm not a big fan of the red bows. It looks lazy. I want ornaments! And what's up with them putting fake fruit all over garland? Ornaments, Disney. Ornaments. Not to be nit picky, but the creators of the best entertainment experience in the world could do without fake fruit.

14677057900_f47e354c91_z.jpg

*Jack Skellington Voice* IIIIIIIIT'S CHRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISTMASTIIIIIIIME!

14772642475_bbe951b5b1_o.jpg

14863728895_c80beeb3b8_o.png

14883606613_f2122f2a35_o.png

14860667191_d07f8d98bb_o.png

14792511483_d5e1b04f74_o.jpg

14772305992_fe4f7f093e_o.jpg

IDK if I took enough pictures.

14861272834_1628c50070_o.png

14585935530_97b1d04750_o.jpg

Making Christmas is soooo fine...

14677209367_0cd36c677e_z.jpg

14883614393_897d815f71_z.jpg

We're adults but not really.

14883614423_f46b99b085_z.jpg

14586001148_d170f7098b_o.jpg

Check out the Boss and Boss Lady in their Santa outfits!

14792511423_291d8302ce_o.jpg

Once we got up by the castle, we stopped to watch what was left of Dream Along With Mickey. I grow to love this show more and more. No matter how many times I see it, I always get ridiculously emotional.

14792511443_178b0f4883_o.jpg

14840753606_f2af1fc733_o.png

14772642255_71662451aa_o.jpg

14863728255_525d2464ab_o.png

Onward we went to Fantasyland.

14860666621_c22728e1dd_o.png

NOVEMBER 6, 2013
Day 8, Part 2 In Which Mickey Mouse Needs Our Help​

We really wanted to meet Peter Pan (on this trip I had actually never even met him!), especially because of Duffy Pan, duh. We went over to Peter Pan's Flight to be there for his first set. There was no one in line, but his Photopass was already there and assured us Peter would not be greeting today. Aw, man! He was clearly in Dream Along, why couldn't he just fly on over and see us? Oh well. The Wendy Bird was still coming out, so we waited anyway.

14840761186_76ec40214d_z.jpg

It was pretty awesome when Wendy got there because she was like running around and calling out to no one really, playing a game or something. Very cute and very in character!

14860674241_4b7b78def1_z.jpg

I will always call her "Wendy Lady" and "The Wendy Bird" because I played a Lost Boy (technically I was a "Lost Kid"... we didn't have many boys in our show LOL) in Peter Pan when I was a kid.

14769469671_648fd08c2f_o.jpg

I WON'T GROW UP. NOT A PENNY WILL I PINCH! I WILL STAY A BOY FOREVER! AND I WILL NEVER GROW AN INCH!

Yes I still remember my choreography, whatever. Once a Lost Kid, ALWAYS A LOST KID.

From there we had to catch Mickey's PhilharMagic! I usually see this show twice every trip and this was no exception.

14840761206_2d25b893f0_z.jpg

We had grabbed Fastpasses for Mickey Mouse because Talking Mickey was testing and we wanted a shot at meeting him, so we headed back to Main Street.

14840753396_375fb11b43_o.png

14840753276_54792ec58b_o.png

14840753296_6f3ae8c93f_o.png

We got in the Fastpass line for Master Magician Mickey Mouse, and I honestly didn't think that he would be talking. Before I left for this trip I figured it was a really big long shot. I heard that he was usually talking between 4-6 PM, but we decided to just give it a go now.

They changed a lot of the queue and I really liked the art on the walls.

14585934810_ee188c2bb4_o.jpg

Very nice details here!

So once we got waved into the main room... we heard a voice.

GUESS WHO?

(Click on that thumbnail for the video)

My favorite part about that video is that you can hear us sniffling because we instantly lost it. Seriously... I'm an adult, but like, Mickey was TALKING.

You know how certain things really make a memory and bring you back? Like a vibe or a smell or a... voice? How you don't even realize it until it comes up again and then all your memories come flooding back?

This is a voice we've heard since before we can remember. Infancy. But we've never heard it come out of his mouth while he stands right in front of us. We've heard Mickey talk a lot but never TO US.

It was the weirdest feeling to just instantly, as if someone pressed a button, cry like that! We could not believe what was happening.

Mickey had been making animal noises with the little boy that went in front of us. As he was leaving, Mickey said, "Watch out for the rhinos, and remember... NEVER TRUST A CHEETAH!" So that was weird and hilarious.

We walked up to Mickey shaking and crying and he said, "I never woulda guessed it! IT'S YOU!"

YES MICKEY IT'S ME I LOVE YOU ;______;

Then he hugged me and said, "Those are some pretty great ears you got there, pal!" OH HE NOTICED HOW KIND. Then he hugged Jess and I told him that I liked his ears too! He said thank you.

He told us he had been working on a magic trick and wanted to know if we would help him. WELL OF COURSE!!! He got out some huge playing cards and told us to pick a card and show everyone in the room except him.

14586161617_176f5cf315.jpg

Mickey cut the cards, tapped the deck, and said "ABRA CADABRA!"

It didn't exactly work. It was not the right card! Then he tried saying "ALA KAZAM!" instead, but that didn't work either! I felt bad for the guy. He had clearly prepared this elaborate trick for us and now it had gone south fast. Aw, Mickey!

Then he decided we should just trade cards. So he took the one I picked out of my hand and said, "Is this your card?!" hahahahaha

14770284884_74d0cc4d78_o.jpg

And it was! HOW MAGICAL!

He said, "Told ya I needed help." LOL. Oh Mickey, you are the greatest thing in the whole world. We told him he did a good job and he asked if we could take a picture! Sure, pal!

14586161597_eb5d9c0aa8.jpg

We took that picture and then the Photopass said, "One more, Mickey!" but instead of posing... he literally just turned to me and hugged me again. For no reason. It was the sweetest, cutest thing that's ever happened to me. I will never forget it!

14883613733_c3982c26bb_z.jpg

Before we left, he gave Jess a hug and then I waved bye to him and he hugged me yet again. Then he said, "Thanks, pal. This really means a lot to me." DO YOU WANT ME TO DIE IN A POOL OF MY OWN TEARS OR WHAT BECAUSE I CAN'T HANDLEEEEEEEEEEEEEETHISLKJDFA;;L

It was so beyond magical. We left crying and wandered back down Main Street, totally overwhelmed. We were literally walking down Main Street hugging each other and crying. I know people say literally a lot when they do not mean it, but I do. We were actually doing that. People passing by must have thought we just got news that our entire families had fallen off a cliff or something! It was like all our Disney emotions came to a head, plus I was leaving, plus we just had the most incredible trip, plus LIFE! It was just everything.

Dream Along was just starting and we decided to watch it again! This was honestly not the brightest idea I've ever had because we were already crying and it was really too much to take at that moment, but what can I say... we're Disney masochists.

14861272704_c2e546f18e_o.png

14860666341_5f1240c210_o.png

They're so in love.

14677114758_2361303ec0_o.png

PETER WHERE THE EFF HAVE YOU BEEN.

14677049450_795a8a20da_o.png

14860666151_4eb4d61925_o.png

14860666111_344743d569_o.png

14860666921_5d9ddf14c7_o.png

TAKE THE DREAM WITH YOU WHEREVER YOU MAY GO!

14861272624_d848c29f3e_o.png

Tears. Tears. Tears. Tears. Tears. Tears. Tears. I don't know what else to say.

Like many people, when in this much distress, I drink heavily.

You all know what drink I'm talkin' bout.

LEFOU'S BREW! It was time to visit Gaston's.

14749630056_d84168cfd9_o.jpg

No one hangs garland like Gaston!!

14769470631_773725007b_o.jpg

I was very pleased with the way Belle's Village was decorated. It was really cool to see a new area all dressed up for Christmas.

14772305342_0d1ff9ddfb_o.jpg

View from inside the tavern

14585992119_b1cbe48da1_o.jpg

Okay folks, that's all for now! GUESS WHAT?! Next time I update this it will be finished and then it's time for the Birthday/Cruise report! I have been prepping it but I have no idea how I am going to edit all these pictures and write this whole thing. Oh man it's gonna be quite the project. Ah well... see ya real soon!

Your September trip sounds like it is shaping up to be a really good one! You're going to absolutely DIE in those Little Mermaid rooms. They are so perfect. I'll be looking forward to your reaction to those. I hope you end up being able to do Dapper Day because I know you'd own it in the outfit department! :thumbsup2

I'm loving all of the Disney Christmas spam! It looks absolutely gorgeous, but I agree. Why fake fruit and not ornaments? GOSH, DISNEY!

Awww, I'm sorry you missed Peter, but Wendy Bird and Pan Duffy is literally the most adorable pairing I've ever seen. She must've been so excited to have at least someone dressed up as Peter around. :good vibes

Sounds like you had an amazing M&G with Talking Mickey! Your video makes me even more upset that I missed out on meeting him. I probably spared myself the endless river of tears, but OMG, that looks like the new top M&G in Disney. Definitely have to do it when I go back!

Loving all the DAWM photos! But really, aren't we all Disney masochists? I know I've put myself through the wringer for Disney. And BIG :thumbsup2 to getting Le Fou Brew with all those lovely decorations! I MISS THE BREW SOOOO MUCH!!! :sad1:

Can't wait to read more! :mickeyjum

SETLISTS

Show #1
Fired Up
Scream And Be Free
Wheres The Love
Minute Without You
Thinking Bout Somethin
MMMBop
Get The Girl Back

Show #2
Fired Up
Ive Got Soul
Wheres The Love
This Time Around
Runaway Run
Get The Girl Back
Give a Little

Show #3
Waiting For This
In The City
Crazy Beautiful
Penny and Me
Get The Girl Back
MMMBop
You Cant Stop Us
If Only

Hanson Vine: https://t.co/7HDNgmYQAR

Oh.My.Gosh. I'm so jealous. You have no idea. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Hanson!

I'm going to Disney for the first time ever already freaking out over that. I was looking at the Food & Wine booths and see that one of them is serving Mmmhops. I started freaking out more because I'll finally be able to try it! Then I see that Hanson is actually playing this year too. Unfortunately its 2 weeks before my trip :badpc: so sad wish I had known they were playing when I booked my trip in June/ I totally would have booked it 2 weeks earlier. I randomly picked the dates I have now to do the Halloween party.

I was thinking to myself I cant even imagine what it would be like to see Hanson at Disneyworld. I never imagined I'd find someone on the boards who would be equally as into this!

Love your review!

It's so exciting that you got a Little Mermaid room!! I really want to stay in one on my next Disney trip. AOA looks like such an amazing resort!

I'll be sad for this TR to end, but I can't wait for the next one!!

Aww Lia I loved reading your most recent update - the day you talked about was the day I saw you in Magic Kingdom (just outside, actually...you, Jess and Pan Duffy were taking pics at the same time as my BF and I but I was too shy to say hello!). I didn't realise it was your last day!

I can't believe you got to meet Talking Mickey...that was my dream but unfortunately we never got to meet him. We had a fastpass and I thought maybe he was only meeting the regular line so it's nice to hear that wasn't the case.

Can't wait for the final update and for your birthday cruise trip!

Yay that you are now getting to experience Christmas in the same trip. :)

That's awesome you were able to get the cheaper flight and can now have more BFF time! :)

The Little Mermaid rooms look awesome! I'm sure you'll love it!

I can't wait to see what your MNSSHP costume is this year!

Duffy Pan is too cute!! I love the picture of him with Wendy.

Isn't talking Mickey the best! We did a FP+ for it in March because I knew my nephews would love it, and it's just too cool to be having a conversation with Mickey! He told us he'd been riding on the tea cups earlier and then started spinning around like a tea cup. He asked my nephews to spin with him, and it was just really cute! I love that you were able to do the magic trick! :)

Dream Along is one of my favorites. It's definitely a great last day show to keep you in that Disney spirit, even though it's emotional.

Aw man, leaving on Christmas???? That stinks!

Oh my goodness, all this awesome news for your upcoming trip!! Just one after the other. I really want to stay in a mermaid room too darnit. I should want something all manly and piratey or something, but screw that noise... I want LM! That's awesome you're getting to do that. I am also in the throws of costume anxiety. I just have one piece left that's giving me fits, but I'll figure it out somehow. Regardless, I will be ready to Move It and Shake It and that's all I have to say about that. ;)

God, so amazing how they transform everything overnight.

How cool is talking Mickey????? Some people think it's creepy. I am not one of those people. I got to meet him for the first time on Walt's birthday. It was perfect!

Hi Lia :)
As always, I'm falling all over your reports and cling to the upcoming finale of this report and onto your next one! One of these years we want to do a trip which falls between MNSSHP and MVMCP so as to see all that decoration overload! I can't wait to get there in September - only 5 weeks from Thursday! Hope all is wonderful with you and do we get any hints yet about what costume you've created for this year's Halloween party?

Great update. It's tough when you get so Mickemotional!

Thank you!

Your September trip sounds like it is shaping up to be a really good one! You're going to absolutely DIE in those Little Mermaid rooms. They are so perfect. I'll be looking forward to your reaction to those. I hope you end up being able to do Dapper Day because I know you'd own it in the outfit department! :thumbsup2

I'm loving all of the Disney Christmas spam! It looks absolutely gorgeous, but I agree. Why fake fruit and not ornaments? GOSH, DISNEY!

Awww, I'm sorry you missed Peter, but Wendy Bird and Pan Duffy is literally the most adorable pairing I've ever seen. She must've been so excited to have at least someone dressed up as Peter around. :good vibes

Sounds like you had an amazing M&G with Talking Mickey! Your video makes me even more upset that I missed out on meeting him. I probably spared myself the endless river of tears, but OMG, that looks like the new top M&G in Disney. Definitely have to do it when I go back!

Loving all the DAWM photos! But really, aren't we all Disney masochists? I know I've put myself through the wringer for Disney. And BIG :thumbsup2 to getting Le Fou Brew with all those lovely decorations! I MISS THE BREW SOOOO MUCH!!! :sad1:

Can't wait to read more! :mickeyjum

It's going to be amazing! I absolutely can not wait! 34 more days. I saw a couple pictures of the Mermaid rooms when they first opened but I'm trying to stay spoiler free so I know I am going to fall over and cry when I actually walk in. I freaked out just from seeing that section of the resort so yeah.

Regarding Dapper Day: Thank you, that's such a nice compliment! We are doing Dapper Day and I already have an over the top glamorous outfit planned :lmao:

You will meet him eventually, don't worry! He is most likely there to stay and I heard a rumor that in the coming years they will be testing out more of the fab 5 starting with Minnie. Who knows though!

Oh yes I agree. I have absolutely put myself through waaayyy too much for Disney and it has all been 100% worth it.

Oh.My.Gosh. I'm so jealous. You have no idea. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Hanson!

I'm going to Disney for the first time ever already freaking out over that. I was looking at the Food & Wine booths and see that one of them is serving Mmmhops. I started freaking out more because I'll finally be able to try it! Then I see that Hanson is actually playing this year too. Unfortunately its 2 weeks before my trip :badpc: so sad wish I had known they were playing when I booked my trip in June/ I totally would have booked it 2 weeks earlier. I randomly picked the dates I have now to do the Halloween party.

I was thinking to myself I cant even imagine what it would be like to see Hanson at Disneyworld. I never imagined I'd find someone on the boards who would be equally as into this!

Love your review!

YAY another Hanson fan!! Believe it or not a lot of people on here have told me they love Hanson ever since I started writing TRs, so that's awesome. I am so excited for them that MMMHops is gonna be at the Food & Wine Festival. I literally had tears in my eyes when I read that because I am just so ridiculously proud of them. I'm sorry you are missing their shows though, but at least you will have MNSSHP and F&W!

Thank you!

It's so exciting that you got a Little Mermaid room!! I really want to stay in one on my next Disney trip. AOA looks like such an amazing resort!

I'll be sad for this TR to end, but I can't wait for the next one!!

AoA is fantastic, I've visited a lot but never actually stayed there. I am SO excited to finally be doing that!

Thank you!

Aww Lia I loved reading your most recent update - the day you talked about was the day I saw you in Magic Kingdom (just outside, actually...you, Jess and Pan Duffy were taking pics at the same time as my BF and I but I was too shy to say hello!). I didn't realise it was your last day!

I can't believe you got to meet Talking Mickey...that was my dream but unfortunately we never got to meet him. We had a fastpass and I thought maybe he was only meeting the regular line so it's nice to hear that wasn't the case.

Can't wait for the final update and for your birthday cruise trip!

Aww! You didn't have to be so shy, it's okay! It's weird, a lot of people would comment on our pictures and stuff and say "We just saw you!" I think I have a bigger following than I realize and I know Jess's is just huge.

Aww don't worry, you will get to meet him one day! He is sticking around!

Yay that you are now getting to experience Christmas in the same trip. :)

That's awesome you were able to get the cheaper flight and can now have more BFF time! :)

The Little Mermaid rooms look awesome! I'm sure you'll love it!

I can't wait to see what your MNSSHP costume is this year!

Duffy Pan is too cute!! I love the picture of him with Wendy.

Isn't talking Mickey the best! We did a FP+ for it in March because I knew my nephews would love it, and it's just too cool to be having a conversation with Mickey! He told us he'd been riding on the tea cups earlier and then started spinning around like a tea cup. He asked my nephews to spin with him, and it was just really cute! I love that you were able to do the magic trick! :)

Dream Along is one of my favorites. It's definitely a great last day show to keep you in that Disney spirit, even though it's emotional.

Thanks! It's just all working out so well, I'm so excited!

That is SOOO adorable about your M&G with Mickey. How precious. Your nephews must have been freaking out along with you too of course!

I totally agree. Nothing brings out the Disney spirit + tears like that show!

Aw man, leaving on Christmas???? That stinks!

Oh my goodness, all this awesome news for your upcoming trip!! Just one after the other. I really want to stay in a mermaid room too darnit. I should want something all manly and piratey or something, but screw that noise... I want LM! That's awesome you're getting to do that. I am also in the throws of costume anxiety. I just have one piece left that's giving me fits, but I'll figure it out somehow. Regardless, I will be ready to Move It and Shake It and that's all I have to say about that. ;)

God, so amazing how they transform everything overnight.

How cool is talking Mickey????? Some people think it's creepy. I am not one of those people. I got to meet him for the first time on Walt's birthday. It was perfect!

Hahahahaha oh Rob just do what you want. If you want an entire trip of only Mermaid activities, I condone it fully. You only get one life and so you may as well spend it with Ariel. Except she's married, so you can just stick with your future wife Stacey. :laughing:

How could it be creepy?! Some Disney fans are just too critical.

Hi Lia :)
As always, I'm falling all over your reports and cling to the upcoming finale of this report and onto your next one! One of these years we want to do a trip which falls between MNSSHP and MVMCP so as to see all that decoration overload! I can't wait to get there in September - only 5 weeks from Thursday! Hope all is wonderful with you and do we get any hints yet about what costume you've created for this year's Halloween party?

YAY you are going in September too! So far the hints I have given is: it will be a variation on a Disney character kind of like what I did with Mickey Mouse, and it will be VERY sparkly! :cool1:

NOVEMBER 6, 2013
Day 8, Part 3 In Which Goodbye Might Seem Like Forever...​

We had Under the Sea fastpasses so we took one last ride on that. We checked Ariel's M&G, but the wait was a little long. On the way out a random CM gave us a ton of New Fantasyland stickers with Beast and Ariel on them! Don't ya just love when that happens?

Jess said that she felt like hanging out in Adventureland so she asked if we could go do Jungle Cruise and Pirates. But of course!!

14769471111_54747ceb1d_o.jpg

Jungle Selfie

14772305862_a123b17cf2_o.jpg

For those who don't know, Jungle Cruise was about to become Jingle Cruise for the very first time for the holidays, and decorations were already popping up.

14586161967_ac420f0a77_o.jpg

I liked our skip, she was quite funny. She kept calling out Jess and I cause we had matching ears.

Pirates was next, and at some point we went to Pinocchio's for lunch. Unfortunately... we were getting dangerously close when I had to leave.

Sigh.

We headed out... quite slowly.

14677058030_dda7064121_z.jpg

14840761936_e34f740dbb_z.jpg

Can you blame us?! I certainly wasn't rushing out of this magical place.

14840753206_622960ac6a_o.png

14861279814_ec5a18e7af_z.jpg

Look who showed up for a Magic Shot!

14792510063_ba6ab81db1_o.jpg

I love when they do the Tink one!

We spent a LOT of time on Main Street. We watched the Dapper Dans, shopped a lot, and went to the Confectionery.

14586160807_3dbb8b9aa3_o.jpg

Please take a long hard look at this. MINNIE DRESSED AS ARIEL.

14749629816_a962b30327_o.jpg

14586160767_c39dffa9f1_o.jpg

14769469791_e5ebfc54d0_o.jpg

I got another Mickey Macaron here! My 3rd this trip... you could say I am a fan.

14586001338_7823e110f8_o.jpg

14585933820_1584907818_o.jpg

Donald's nephews are some of the all-time cutest Disney characters.

14772640785_daa2a30f7f_o.jpg

I love this shot!

14585991319_f4a35c3b94_o.jpg

UGHHHKDJHLKHD I HATE LEAVING. AND I HATE GETTING TO THIS PART OF THE REPORT WHERE RE-LIVE THE AGONY.

Bye, magic!

14585934010_f581e5c1c5_o.jpg

14749629906_5abfa3620d_o.jpg

Back to the monorail and then the TTC and then Brooke we went.

14586160527_af1e90a5e3_o.jpg

Back to Pop Century.

;______;

It really sucked saying our goodbyes. We were close before but this trip amplified that times ten. You know how hard it is to leave Disney anyway, but when you have to leave your friend behind, it sucks even more. BLLALLALLAAHHH. I miss Jess a lot and and it is just not fair that we have never lived in the same zip code. Almost a year later, we still talk about how perfect this trip was! Even though we may not be able to spend that much time actually being together, at least we have AMAZING memories of when we are!

Jess left and I went in the restroom to change. Guess what I bought at the Emporium?!

14772643805_8cdb8f9725_o.jpg

THE PRINCESS SWEATER!!

The one we looked for endlessly for Jess! The pursuit of this thing got to me and I just had to buy it. Jess waited and waited for the smaller size but unfortunately it never came and it sold out, so if you really love something in Disney just GET IT... you never know, it may not be re-stocked.

This sweater is THE MOST comfortable sweater I have ever purchased in my life. I wore it more than anything else during the fall and winter. I can't wait until it gets cold again and I can envelop myself in the soft heaven that is this sweater. I HIGHLY recommend Disney theme park sweaters now. I honestly have never had a sweater this soft in my life. It's like melting into a dream when you put it on. I just love how on top of everything, Disney makes flawless sweaters. YAAASSS!

It's weird, but I felt really happy even though I was leaving. I don't know what else I could have asked for from this trip, seriously, so I was very content. Like I said, everything had just gone so well, there were so many perfect moments (especially Halloween and Hanson), it was just an off the charts trip. Being sad just wasn't happening anymore. I felt great.

I went outside and kids were chalkin' up the blacktop.

14860677551_0b1ccef166_z.jpg

So adorable. I can't tell you how much I just wanted to pick up some chalk and join in! But I had adult things like getting home to worry about, ugh.

The CM working the front was such a nice guy. He was from New York so I was like oh good, you're smart and reliable, now please help me. What happened was I missed my Magical Express bus, which is actually fine, I've done it before. You can always just get on the next one, but they make your time super early just in case. It's fine if you don't show up, they don't do a head count or anything like that so you aren't inconveniencing anyone or anything... it's pretty chill. Thank God, cause leaving blows enough.

I had to move around some stuff in my bags... again. I had already done this before we left that morning and in the car before saying goodbye to Jess. For some reason, packing to leave somewhere REALLY stresses me out. I don't know why, but I don't get the "Did I forget anything?" anxiety most people seem to get when they are leaving home, I get leaving Disney anxiety. I get the "HOW WILL I FIT ALL THIS STUFF INTO MY BAGS?!" anxiety. It was so bad during #StuckInDisney12 that it kept me up for most of the night! I think I just have this nightmare of being late for my plane or in some other mess and then they tell me my bag is too big or too heavy and I have to like be the circus act who is causing a scene and moving everything around in the security line. With the help of this lovely dude, I felt a lot better. I wish I could remember his name because he really was just such a friendly and nice person, completely calmed my anxiety, and was just great to talk to!

@babybritney: I am literally stunned that I got everything I brought plus all my new merchandise packed neatly without having to ship anything home.

One of the smart things I did was take all my Halloween candy out of the trick or treat bags and put it into my Hitchhiking Mickey popcorn container and just carried it along with my carry on. I could not fit Mickey in any of my bags so I was OVERJOYED when I went through security and they didn't count it as a carry on.

A Disney Cruise Line bus pulled up (...foreshadowing...) and the CM told me this was my bus. Sigh. Alright. Bye awesome CM, bye perfect trip, bye bye bye Disney.

I had never been on a DCL bus before but it was really nice. I loved the anchors all over the seats. Anything nautical I am attracted to for some reason.

BYa6NZSIQAAzaOk.jpg

Like I said, I've never felt happier and calmer leaving Disney. It was just a perfect trip.

Then...

@babybritney: Oh my God, I'm on a Disney Cruise bus and they're playing the "on the way to the big cruise" video and it's SO. ADORABLE IM DYING

@babybritney: NOW I WANT TO GO ON A DISNEY CRUISE EVEN MORE OMG NOW PLEDSassdsssee

HAHAHA. Looking back on this moment now is so funny to me because I had NO idea that I would be going on a Disney Cruise so soon. At all. Nothing. No idea. Six months later, I'd be off to the big cruise myself! WHAT. Maybe it was just a total coincidence, but sometimes you look back and feel that life gives you clues or something.

Some final thoughts in Tweet form...

I have not been this over exhausted in AWHILE. It's excellent.

Also, I miss @PrincessJess508 and can not wait for our sleepovers!!!

Well I had the most ridiculously amazing trip. Disney has exceeded my sky-high expectations once again. I can't even believe it.

It's a shame that so many of my dreams would be impossible to pursue from down here because I would be a kick butt cast member.

This princess sweater is so soft and lovely. I am probably going to wear it constantly all winter.

Once at MCO, I got Starbucks which is kind of my ritual while leaving Florida. It's kinda like a last hurrah calorie fest, cause I get a Vanilla Bean Frappuchino & brownie. Honestly I think Starbucks is probably one of the most overrated brands in history but this is a goooooood combo. The total came to about $75.23, but you know, it was delicious.

14585937010_80ffd0fff8_o.jpg

So you know, then I flew home. It wasn't so bad because they had live TV, which was awesome because I could watch the new episode of Survivor. That kept me pretty occupied for an hour and then I went to sleep.

Final thoughts? Well, this trip just had that extra dose of magic that the trip before it did not have. I don't know why, you can't plan these things. The biggest thing was, like I said, it felt like I was there a lot longer than 8 days. We got to do so much and almost everything had pixie dust all over it, making it even more special than I thought it could be. There were just so many moments that blew my mind such as dancing with Prince Phillip, Eugene photobombing Rapunzel & I, how I was treated like ghostly royalty all throughout the Kingdom on Halloween, getting to meet Jack & Sally and Anna & Elsa for the first time, introducing Jess to the genius musicians Bob Jackson and Hanson, every second of the Hanson shows in general, all the delicious food from Food & Wine, and all the hilarious moments with Gina and Jess that left my stomach hurting from laughter. Actually, that's what I'll remember the most, how much fun I had with my best friends. Because Disney, yes, is beyond magical. But all of the magic is not contained in Disney. You have to bring some of the magic with you, and that's what my friends are - magic.

Yes, this will certainly remain in my memory as one of the best trips of all time!

Lucky for me, I was back a mere six months later for a non-stop Disney romp again with Jess and Gina! We had an absolute BLAST in Disney World for my birthday, and then Jess and I went on a DISNEY CRUISE!!!!!!!!!!!!! That report is comin' right up and will NOT be missing any photos. I hope you're ready for a whole new level of magic... AT SEA!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for reading everybody! See ya REAL soon!

tumblr_lsv3t3ZKOB1r18lwi.gif
tumblr_lsv40aM9PQ1r18lwi.gif

Another amazing TR! LOVE reading all about your trips and wish I could invite myself to go with you! To be able to go to Disney with someone who has an appreciation has got to be amazing!!

Can't wait to read your Cruise report... so excited! !

Another amazing TR! LOVE reading all about your trips and wish I could invite myself to go with you! To be able to go to Disney with someone who has an appreciation has got to be amazing!!

Can't wait to read your Cruise report... so excited! !

Bravo! Bravo!! Thanks for taking us on such a magical journey! Now, on to the cruise!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!