• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Let's hear about about L & M car rental

Status
Not open for further replies.
as posted by LM, call them and they will beat all of your quotes - very simple.

On a footnote, I just booked a convertible on THEIR site for 2 days this month. I received my confirmation number and NO Virus. Maybe the problem has been rectified.

Scarlet, I also booked a compact for the same rate thru Travelocity for our April/May trip. Can you tell me whar kind of car you got? What was its condition? Did they give you any choices? Thanks you for any info!!

I booked 2 cars thru them last night online. I got confirmation and no virus as far as I can tell. What is disconcerting is I called today to verify the rate and availability after reading some of the other posts. I was told it takes 24 hours for the ressies to be registered in the system and to call back tomorrow. I asked if the system might overbook and a car might not be available and the service rep said "yes." She said make sure and call back and confirm.

Hello to all

We had to shut down our server to check it for the virus some of you guy were talking about, we have eliminated the problem.
The site was down for a day and it is up and running now. There is no problem. Thank you for letting us know.

I personally answer all the emails for this site. Anyone does not receive and email from me within 48 hrs, will receive 10% Discount.

We do not carry too many luxury cars in our fleet, we have some it has to be asked for at the counter for the availability, that is why you see such high rates on the site, we simply do not carry that many.

As I have stated frequently, no matter what are rates are on the site, if you find a rate in the airport that is lower than ours, we will beat that rate just bring a copy of your confirmation or simply email me, and i will make adjustments to your rates.

Guys keep this in mind the rates change with the demand and number of reservations that we accumilate. We have many accounts that are using this site as well, so we cannot simply always put the lowest rate on here. Just ask and you shall receive I guess some of you will find out for yourself. Come to our counter and we will beat any rate in Orlando Airport, IT IS VERY VERY SIMPLE. we are big enough to take care of your business and small enough to pay attention, to the customer service issues.

Also we are the only company that would rent to people under the age of 18.

IF YOU HAVE ANY CONCERNS JUST CALL US, OR EMAIL US.
Once you get to the airport you will see the difference in the customer service, comparing to the other companies.

A future note, within the next 24 months this company will be public and you will see the growth nation wide.

All i can tell you is to give us a try or to simply listen to the people that have rented from us.

OKay I jumped on board I did email L&M last week with no reply i assume the email may have been eaten when they shut down for maintenance or maybe I emailed the worng option there were 3 listed on the site I beleive. I made my reservation and emailed my DOLLAR rate Versus their rate we'll see what happens! I would deffinitly rather go with L&M they seem more flexible in general. I don't expect a reply till tomorrow afternoon if not tuesday I will update later in the week!

Just got back from 10 days using L&M. No waitng at the counter which is right in the terminal. Rented an intermediate which was a Mitsubishi Lancer with 7,000 miles on it. Total cost was $178 including all tax and charges for the 10 days. It had remote entry, CD player & was only missing cruise control. Pick up and return went smoothly. I would recommend them and will be using them next trip. Make sure to return with full tank as they charge $4.99/gal which they tell you right up front.

Minster22:

To answer your questions:

We had a Kia Rio, it was in perfect shape. I did a quick walk-around (as I always
do before leaving the garage, to check for previous damage, dents, etc).

It had 3200 miles on it. It was fine for our family of 3 and our 5 bags (cruisewear,
WDW, etc). We did have to stuff a couple in the backseat with DD LOL!!!

We did not have a choice of vehicles; however, ours was fine!

Glad to hear you got the good rate too!!

I personally would use your Dollar rate.. I am anti- L &M...

I just booked a minvan thru L+M for Feb 18-25....236.92. I haven't been able to find anything for less than 550. I have a standard booked thru National for 220 for the same time frame, but need the xtra room for my 6'1'' 15 year old and 6"3" husband. Have never used L+M before, so hope everything goes smoothly. Found Dollar rep to to be rude when I called, so they lost out. Their prices were sky high this time anyway.

We rented a minivan from L-M for 12 nights at a great rate. There weren't any lines when we arrived and we were given a Kia. I have to say it was the WORST vehicle I have ever rented in my life! Before we left L-M, we stopped to have them note the problems we saw. The back carpets were filthy. I am talking gross. It looked like someone dumped a gallon of oil on the mats but they were dry. The air conditioner vents in the ceiling fell out everytime we shut the door and there were two holes in the plastic at the trunk. I am talking about holes the size of an adults fist. I had the attendent note the damage and we were off. We did not do much driving once we arrived but as the 12 nights progressed, the vehicle seemed to get worse! The drivers seat literally moved from side to side and front to back when I drove. The emissions light came on. The owners manual said that that was not a big deal. The car steering wheel and brakes would shake so bad whenever I would brake. The van had 10,000 miles on it. It was a lemon!

While I blame most of the problems on Kia for producing such a terrible product, I do have to put some blame on L-M. If Kia's are generally a bad product (I don't know that, I am just saying "if"), then L-M needs to look at getting different vehicles. If Kia's are great vehicles and that one just had some problems, then L-M needs to drive their vehicles around and test them.

When I dropped the car off, I did tell the attendent about all the problems. While he was polite, he did not seem to care. My guess is that Kia is still on the lot and hasn't been looked at. I did email corporate when I returned home. I said that I would question renting from L-M again based strictly on safety. They emailed me the next day and said they were sorry to hear that I had problems with the vehicle and that they do offer other makes of vehicles. If I take the email with me, they will make sure to get me something besides a Kia. I would have liked to hear that they would make sure that the vehicle we drove gets an overhaul - or burial!

I am not bad mouthing L-M. I am not even saying that I would never rent from them again. However, If I make a reservation with them, I will have a backup. And I will NEVER drive a Kia minivan again.

Lisa

Lisa,
Just one question. Why did you accept the vehicle in the first place, or, when it became progressively worse, why did you not take it back? Most companies try to make you happy, I am sure L&M would have done the same.

I'm sorry you had such a bad experience if the vehicle looked so bad you shouldn't have even driven it off in my opinion. if they tried to pass me soemthing in poor shape I would refuse it.

I hate to hear such bashing of Kias though. We have a 2001 Sephia and LOVE it. KIAS are NOT normally a bad product. They may seem NEW to most of you but they have been in production in the us for over 10 years. Just now becoming mainstream........

As far as the Sedona goes though I am suprised to hear they even have one for rentals. My sisters husband is a mechanic at a dealership with a kia and OMG the Sedona is a terible first year model. He said every one they sold had to have the engine completely replaced before they could leave the lot..... not to mention several other pre sale recalls....... Thats pretty standard for most first year models though..... Maybe they should have waited untill next year to start buying Sedonas for rental use Kia did drop the ball on this particular vehicle.

As for my own situation I emailed AGAIN on Sunday and its been well past 48 hours and still no reply. I have 7 "working" days till we leave looks like we are going with Dollar. Though I was actually sort of hoping to get L&M and a Kia Rio since we are thinging of getting one for hubby as his car since he only drives 2 miles a day he doesnt need much..... what email shoudl I be sending my request to? if soemone could PM me with I'd appreciate it. Thanks

I just got off the phone with them Since the system was shut down last week for a problem, it seems that some of the ressies might not be there. They are honoring them though. My suggestion is that if you haven't received an email confirmation back to give them a call to be sure.

Gail,
I did not refuse the minivan for a few reasons.

1. The Kia was the last minivan on the lot. We had five people in our group and a ton of luggage and a double stroller. We need a minivan.

2. In all honesty, the cosmetic makeup of the vehicle may not have been great (air conditioning vent dangling from the ceiling, holes in the inside of the trunk area and dirty carpet) but that alone would not be enough to discourage me from renting that vehicle. The vehicle was clean (stained carpet, but clean). It didn't smell and the exterior was in good shape.

3. On the ride from the airport to OKW the only "mechanical" thing I noticed was the drivers seat moving. As the 13 days went on, the vehicle seemed to get worse. Everyday there seemed to be a new problem. However, we did very little driving each day. We only left Disney property 2 times to go to the grocery store. The rest of the time was spent going a few miles to the parks or other resorts to eat.

4. I considered calling L-M from OKW. However, I was not about to spend my time returning the vehicle all the way back to the airport. Nor did I want to sit around and wait for them to come and exchange it (if they would have even done that). My husband is an engineer and we had a cell phone so I figured we would manage somehow if the thing died!

Again, I am NOT bashing L-M or Kia. We had a terrible vehicle. Was it L-M fault or Kia's or a little bit of both? I am not sure. From what the next poster said, the Kia minivans do have problems. That being said, L-M needs to consider not renting that particular vehicle to their customers.

Lisa

Lisa,

It's hard to believe this was a new vehicle with only 10,000 miles on it. Sorry this happen to you on vacation. I don't think any of these rental places should ever rent cars like this one, no matter how cheap the price was or was not. You can't put a price on safety.

RobinLyn :)

FYI...to those of you who want to book farther out than 6 months, they've finally fixed their website so you can.

But, their rates have gone up and there's nothing under $200. At least at National I can use my discount with the Disney Club and a coupon as well so for me it's not worth at the moment.

LisaR
Did you tell L&M when you returned the van?? did they discount your van??? I would of requested a refund..

Linda,
I did tell and show the attendent the problems when we returned the vehicle. I made it quite clear that it had been the worst vehicle I had ever rented. While he listened and was polite, he didn't say anything. I contacted the corporate offices when I returned home and they responded by saying they "wish I had let them know about this earlier." I guess I do not see how much earlier I could have really contacted anybody. The cosmetic problems were noted before we drove the vehicle and the other problems began happening as time went on.
Corporate also told me to bring a copy of the email if I rent from them again and they will make sure we do not get a Kia. I don't see how that can be possible. We literally got the last minivan on the lot this time. How would they know that I was coming down to rent a minivan and had a letter saying to give me any model but a Kia? They didn't give me a discount, which I honestly didn't care about. However, I would have loved to hear the attendent or corporate tell me that they will make sure that vehicle gets a complete tune up.

For the record, this did NOT ruin our vacation in any way shape or form. As a matter of fact, it was actually rather funny every time some new problem came up. We kept joking that we were only going to have a steering wheel and a windshield wiper to return with the way things were going! Remember, we only drove a few miles a day.

However, our next trip in May will have us driving from MCO to Vero Beach then BWV and back to MCO. I would have NEVER driven that Kia all of those miles.

Lisa

LOL about the steering and windsheild comment.

I'm glad to hear it didnt ruin your vacation in any way. The drivers seat thing would have completely freaked me out. I'm glad you only had to drive it a little each day. I dont understand there we will be sure you dont get a kia next time comments I agree there is no way they could guarantee that.

We rented a car several years back from soem UNKNOWN type place in plattsburgh due to our age and credit acrds situation at th etime we thought it was our only choice and you shoudl have seen the vehicle they tried to pass on us. It was OLD I mean really old and a complete heap. We left that lot and had to go elsewhere. Luckily eneterprise "knew" about the other ocmpany and took pitty on us. They then gave us a brand new altima with not even 2000 miles on it for a great rate.

We havent rented a car since actually so this will be interesting in FL.

Lisa,
Glad it did not ruin your vacation and I understand about it being the last one on the lot, however, I guess I (PITA that I am) would have called daily to find out if they had a vehicle that was in much better shape. Yes, I would have taken the hour or so necessary to have a safe vehicle. JMHO, but, a seat that moves is not safe, thank G-d you were not in an accident with that seat.
I think what they meant by letting them know earlier was exactly what I asked you.
You certainly are taking the "good sport" attitude about this, and if it works for you, great.
You most definitely have made me think twice about rethinking my position on L&M, which was I would never rent from them because of their rude phone agents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter