Let's hear about about L & M car rental

Status
Not open for further replies.
We canceled our reservations when we got there. We took Mears..
The guy was rude, he was trying to make us take out more then what we wanted, and I just felt pressured..

This was only the second time we ever took Mears, and did the Disney buses - however during off season it seems to work out great.. Or at least it did for us.

Originally posted by Buckleybunch
We canceled our reservations when we got there. We took Mears..
The guy was rude, he was trying to make us take out more then what we wanted, and I just felt pressured..

What do you mean take out mroe than you wanted???

L & M is looking to be a great option, especially on mini-vans. National costs much less for a full size for my August trip but I will keep checking as time gets closer.
Slightly off topic- I read the posts where people are checking with Priceline. How do you get a quote through Priceline without making a bid or committing yourself. I read the instructions and it sounds like you have to actually have to make a bid. I have never used priceline so I am a bit nervous. Thanks!

Just got back from WDW. Used L&M Rental. Had an economy car, KIA Rio, paid about $123 for 8 days including all fees/taxes.. No problems, no high pressure, I brought my insurance information with me. Fast, easy transaction at the counter, quick transaction at drop off. I will definately use them again.

OK, so I made another reservation today and guess what? I came home and had an email from them with a virus attached. Doesn't look like Gail was the only "lucky" winner.

I have emailed them and hope they contact me about this. I used the address from here, does anyone have a more direst address?

Dan

Yes, be very careful making reservation with L&M - I have received TWO viruses from them. I'd advise people to call to make a reservation rather than doing it through their web page. If you make a ressie through the internet, you'll get a confirmation from them, then a few hours later, a virus. They seem like a good company though. Hope they get this problem out of their system soon......

Kimberly

I emailed their service email addy I think 2 or 3 days ago and havent heard back. Starting to feel about it. If I want them to match or beat say dollar do I need to reserve with both and then have them adjust their rate? I have my dollar reservationa nd wasnt sure if I need 2 sets of quotes/confirmations before they will do their 10% which is basically what i emailed to ask and havent heard back on yet.

I owuld call their office in Florida, ask for Edgar and explain what's happening. I think they weren't ready for this little growth spurt and might be overwhelmed ny their new internet presence. I've had my March ressie booked since Decemeber and will still definately use them.

I have emailed and phoned L&M but no one seems to be able to help me. They really need to contact me so this can be resolved.

Guess I should stick to National and should have listened to Gail.

Dan

Guys we are answering all the emails, and we are answering them right from our site, we are going to look into the problem and see why you have not been getting our emails. Has anyone received an email from us????????

As far as the Virus, our site does not have a virus, we have talked to our IT, this is a common virus with Outlook Express. However we are looking into it, and by Feb/2nd we should have it fixed no matter what we have to do.

Please let me know if anyone is receiving emails from us

LM - the last email I received was on 1/28 from Michael (he was very prompt in getting back to my inquiry). Then I made a reservation on your website on 1/29 and received a virus a few hours later from L&M Car Reservations. I emailed Michael again on 1/30 early in the a.m., but have not heard back from him - thought I would have heard by yesterday, but nothing.

Kimberly

Someone already asked this but it hasn't been answered yet. I guess I could call but since there seems to be a representative reading these posts, I thought I'd try here.

How far in advance can you make a "guaranteed" reservation? When I plug in my dates it tells me that I'm booking too far in advance to be guaranteed that rate.

I'm going Oct 26/Nov 3.

If these rates are for real, this may be the first time I can afford a van!

Thanks!:)

We need a car from Feb. 12 through Feb. 16. After reading all the posts about the good deals so many have received through L&M, I thought I'd check the price. Their total was $224.65, while Dollar's total is $124.01 (compact car). That's a huge difference.

What is Dollar with taxes and fees? Then we'd know the true difference in the two rental companies...

Hi...

Just got back from Disney Wonder Cruise and a few days at WDW.

After reading the tips on this board, I booked L&M thru Travelocity.
Got a rate of $67.50/week for a compact, unlimited miles.

Since we have always used the "big boys" at MCO, I was a little hesitant
about L&M, so I made a back-up res at National.

No problems!! The price was honored, I showed our insurance papers, and we
were off. Return was a snap. I asked the attendant where the nearest luggage
carts were and he walked half-way across the garage to retrieve one for us and
waived off the tip I offered. Nice Service!! Would definitely use them again!
P.S. No lines at the counter either!!

Scarlet
BWV '99

The base rate for Dollar is $99.96 plus their taxes, surcharges and fees of $24.05 = $124.01.
The base rate for L&M is $179.92 plus their taxes, surcharges and fees of $44.73 = $224.65.
I used the FVG code for Dollar. I can't figure out why the rate is so high with L&M when everyone else seems to be getting such good rates.

Oh, I misunderstood. I thought your rate with Dollar was before taxes...then that is a good rate with Dollar.

I know what you mean. After finding this post today, I checked out their website and I could only come up with a good rate on the mini-vans. All others were a bit high, especially the luxury cars! I think it was something like $700!!!

I'm hoping it's just because I'm not going until October and their rates will come down for me too as it gets closer.

I guess when I arrive at MCO I could take the Dollar confirmation sheet to the L&M counter and see if they would match it. Dollar's website didn't ask for a credit card number or any personal information other than my home phone number so I guess they wouldn't really be able to hold me to the reservation, except that I wouldn't feel good about not canceling with them prior to arrival. The reason I would prefer L&M is because I understand it's a small company trying to compete with the big guys and I guess I'm a softie for the underdog.

If you go to the web site below, you can rent a luxury car from Dollar Rent A Car (at MCO only) for $209 a week; with all tax's included it will come to about $290 for the week (without insurance). I suggest calling them directly at the 800 number, don't forget to mention the code found at the web site. We rented a luxury car here for our trip in August. I couldn't find a better rate on a luxury car and we have rented many times from Dollar at MCO with no problems. Will L & M beat this rate?

http://www.floridaticketsinc.com/dollar/index.htm

RobinLyn :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter