Let's hear about about L & M car rental

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give them a call or email, mention this site, and I'm sure they will try and accomodate you!

Originally posted by poohraedopey
Wish I had seen all of this earlier. The cheapest I can find if I cancel my Alamo for Presidents week is $300 with all of the taxes and fees at Avis. I put in for soemthing at dollar but havent recieved an answer on that. We go Feb 17th to Feb 24th

My standing Alamo is confirmed at 105 plus fees for the week with an economy we are trying to move ONSITE so we can drop off and get an early am flight.

LM quotes me For 7 Days Rental:

Your Daily Rate For A Vehicle Is $45.98 Per Day
Your Weekly Rate Is $229.90 Per Week
Your Rate Total For The Time You Have Specified Is $229.90
VLR Fee Is $11.83
Airport Fee Is $14.00
Florida Surcharge Is $23.68
Local Tax Is $15.34
Your Estimated Total Is $294.76

Off their website. That doubles my expense if I go that way. Oh well.

I am very glad to hear all of the positive responses about
l&M. I have a reservation with them for next week. I would have never known about them if not for the DIS!!! Maybe i will tell them that, and they will give me an upgrade!:D

That's great for you Pluto, getting a free car rental! You deserve it for all the help you give on this board. I always thought of you as the "National" guy, now I'll have to think of you as the "L&M" guy! I hope you had a good trip.;)

forget about l&M for me!!! I just compared and for the 13 days that I need it, are you ready: The price was $698 taxes included. I didn't even take the extra insurances. I got rates from national and avis for $250. I think almost 700 is insane. We are going in august-sept maybe it is too far in advance for great savings. The other companies weren't that high.

forget about l&M for me!!! I just compared and for the 13 days that I need it, are you ready: The price was $698 taxes included. I didn't even take the extra insurances. I got rates from national and avis for $344.I think almost 700 is insane. We are going in august-sept maybe it is too far in advance for great savings. The other companies weren't that high.

Thanks Pluto I may still try them but I just got a DOLLAR confirmation for an estiumated TOTAL taxes and fees included of $168 so I may just sit on that now.

I think L&M sounds GREAT though I think that was a nice comment for you to get your next rental ont he hosue how cool!

They didnt pop up on travelocity for me either for my dates. But i did get Exotic cars? or somethin like that for $1000 for an economy for a week LMAO! Thought I'd jump all over that one. NOT!!!!!!!!

On Travelocity, you have to go under "more search options", then on the next screen hit "+others" under car companies. I've found they are not listed too far in advance. They did not come up for my May dates but did come up when I put February dates in.

Guys if you find a rate within Orlando International Airport that is lower than our rates, We will beat that by 10%. It is simply impossible for us to be able to always display the lowest rates for different times of the year. Rates change from hour to hour. However if you get a rate that is lower than our rate simply email us and we arrange to beat the rate for you.

Someone mentioned something about a virus, would you please contact our office and talk to our IT person, we would be happy to give you a free day rental for your trouble.

Unlike other companies we do not try any hard sale at the counter. Everything is on the website, there are no hidden charges. Believe it or not we rather not sale any coverage on our vehicle as long as you can show us proof of full insurance on your vehicle.

Hello everyone...just wanted to let you know my DH and DS arrived at MCO today and had a great rate at Budget for an SUV. I told them about L&M and LMcarrentals' 10% discount offer from this thread and they took a rental from L&M. So far they have been very happy with the transaction. Since they did not have the SUV that they wanted they took a Lincoln Towncar and got the 10% off. Thanks to everyone here that makes all of this shared info work so beautifully!!

OK, let me join the band wagon. I am a faithful Emerald Aisle renter and have been for a while. The only time I use a different agency is for the cruise as a one way rental (*avis). However I am going on a quick weekend trip Feb 8-12 and need a car. I found all other rates to be very high, so I tried L&M. Boy was I surprised. I am now looking forward to trying them out.

I have rented a economycar, does anyone know what type that would be?

I do have one problem, I am meeting a friend at WDW and we have a bet that I will make it in a half hour or less, with Emerald Aisle this has always been possible. Hopefully I can continue my streak and win a bet! If not there goes another $40 I could have paid National to be quick!

Time will tell.

Dan

Dan and Scott

When we rented an economy car from them in December, we were assigned a 2002 Toyota Corrola.

Does it get any better than this???

Originally posted by LMcarrental
Guys if you find a rate within Orlando International Airport that is lower than our rates, We will beat that by 10%. It is simply impossible for us to be able to always display the lowest rates for different times of the year. Rates change from hour to hour. However if you get a rate that is lower than our rate simply email us and we arrange to beat the rate for you.

Someone mentioned something about a virus, would you please contact our office and talk to our IT person, we would be happy to give you a free day rental for your trouble.

Unlike other companies we do not try any hard sale at the counter. Everything is on the website, there are no hidden charges. Believe it or not we rather not sale any coverage on our vehicle as long as you can show us proof of full insurance on your vehicle.

No it doesnt get any better than this! I am going to buzz off my email to them ASAP and see what they can do for us! Should I just copy in my confirmation info from Dollar and a copy of their piece of the thread? It certainly cant hurt to try anyways! Thanks sooo much again pluto for getting this rolling and for all your advice and help! Thanks lmcarrental for being so nice to the members of this board and brining just a litle more magic!

At Last!!! I've been trying to post but was having trouble logging on.

lmcarrental- Welcome to the DIS! It was so good to hear from you. I was reassured to hear you have been in business for 30 yrs. I am new to your company but as I posted earlier in this thread, I have a minivan reserved from you in late Feb. $219.55/week(fees included) However, when I reserved via internet I received two confirmations, one with a virus. I have anti Norton virus so it was not a big problem. You mentioned I should call your company to get a free car rental day. I'm not really interested in a free day. I think the price you gave me was very good. However, I could use some reassurance. My husband is a big Ford fanatic. He only drives Fords. Tell me what are the chances of us getting a Ford Windstar????:confused:

I posted this a few pages back, so I thought I'd try again. Similar to andychris, I compared L&M and National for 4/26-5/4 Full Size. L&M came back with a total quote of $343 vs the National quote of $181 that I already had.

What am I missing???

LMcarrental, any feedback?

Also, does anyone know what kind of cars they have in the different classes?

I DON"T THINK SO. 3day rate ( Apr 25-28) for a full size w/L&M, $167.86. 3 day weekend full size (w/coupons, discount) $65.57. . National at reserve today price w/coup.disc. $89.73.

We can't use them anyway, because we are dropping the car off in Ft. Lauderdale, and L&M, doesn't even offer that option. I checked the price for MCO return at their site. Perhaps your rates will be better, but I would definitely take a printout of LMcarrental's post and offer to beat onsite prices with you or confirm in advance. :rolleyes: JMO

Checking to make sure my figures are correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter