Let’s see your tree!

How tall is your tree? I’m currently in a mental battle over whether to upgrade our tree to 10’ or 12’. The height isn’t the problem for the space available, it’s the base. The 12’ tree I’m considering has a nearly 7’ diameter base, which is just too big, so I either need a shorter tree or a different 12’ tree with a narrower shape. Do you happen to have a rough idea of your tree’s dimensions and the brand?
My tree 13.5’ tall. It came from Balsam Hill. It is a slim tree they say. I do not think the base is quite that wide. The stand is probable 5‘-5.5’ wide

I feel like I let everyone down. I only got 24 trees up and decorated. All of the downstairs trees were done but I never made it into the upstairs attic to get the upstairs trees down. TBH, I know I stashed a few new trees up there last year but have not done sn inventory.

Of the trees I could count, I can say I owned 40 trees....wll, that was before going Christmas tree shopping today. I might have bought several more.

I wonder if there is a twelve step program I could join.

I feel like I let everyone down. I only got 24 trees up and decorated. All of the downstairs trees were done but I never made it into the upstairs attic to get the upstairs trees down. TBH, I know I stashed a few new trees up there last year but have not done sn inventory.

Of the trees I could count, I can say I owned 40 trees....wll, that was before going Christmas tree shopping today. I might have bought several more.

You own 40 Xmas trees and bought more… today, the 26th.!?
I feel like I’m missing something, I’m confused. lol

I can assure you you didn’t let anyone down. In fact, I’d wager a guess that you’re the only one who really cares about how many trees go up. It’s fine to have a “thing” — a hobby, a passion, an identity, an eccentricity — but it shouldn’t be a source of stress for you. It should be fun. Once it becomes work and stress, you should reevaluate. If you’re beating yourself up because you failed to live up to an arbitrary standard created by yourself, maybe it’s time to change the expectations. Like I said, I have a bunch of trees (though still fewer than you) and they’re all stored away pre-decorated. Because, if I had to decorate them each year I would never be able to keep up with it, it would be stressful, and what’s the point of ruining the Christmas season with that?

You own 40 Xmas trees and bought more… today, the 26th.!?
I feel like I’m missing something, I’m confused. lol
I do understand that I have a problem. I can't resist a good sale. Actually, I have some really cheap trees that I have had for years, nay, decades, and they are starting to look a little work. They shed when I fluff them. So, I have been slowly replacing the older ones. I will likely toss three or four to make room for the new ones.

I can assure you you didn’t let anyone down. In fact, I’d wager a guess that you’re the only one who really cares about how many trees go up. It’s fine to have a “thing” — a hobby, a passion, an identity, an eccentricity — but it shouldn’t be a source of stress for you. It should be fun. Once it becomes work and stress, you should reevaluate. If you’re beating yourself up because you failed to live up to an arbitrary standard created by yourself, maybe it’s time to change the expectations. Like I said, I have a bunch of trees (though still fewer than you) and they’re all stored away pre-decorated. Because, if I had to decorate them each year I would never be able to keep up with it, it would be stressful, and what’s the point of ruining the Christmas season with that?
I appreciate the pep talk but I was actually saying it tongue in cheek. My family does love my trees and they help me get them down from the attic but decorating falls on me and they do appreciate the ones I put up. And it is a labor of love for me. I had my foot rebuilt again tis past summer so getting so many trees up was really quite an accomplishment.

I did "retire" a couple of themes tis year because I just wasn't in love with those particular ones anymore and everyone seemed to enjoy the replacement themes I came up with so that was fun. DH especially likes the tree dedicated to his new found passion for running 5K and 10K races.

:earseek:24?!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter