Let’s see your tree!

When we had our larger house we had a real tree in the living room with our traditional ornaments and an artificial tree in the family room with the homemade ornaments. Now in our townhouse we are only doing the artificial tree, which is 5-5.5 feet or so, so lots of ornaments go unused. We have some unique lights from DH"s grandparents, cross-stitched ones from his mom, lots of travel memories. Finally got it decorated over the weekend.

Screenshot 2023-12-18 at 6.33.13 PM.png

It's not the prettiest tree that was ever decorated, but it has a lot of memories on it:
enmLK6.png

Ye-ah. The dinosaur is supposed to be outside. My Godson (who adores dinosaurs) got upset that it would be 'cold and sad' outdoors, so it's in the house. We caught him loving on it last night:
iPByk9.png
I think it looks great, BSH. And your godson.... :love: So nice.

No, they're ceramic. My Mom made a set of four in the 70s. Under my tree is her boot with a smaller one for me, and under my sister's tree is my Dad's boot with a smaller one for her.
That’s sweet. I thought maybe you fill them with treats. But the decoration is nice. :)

FINALLY got the tree up and decorated, except for the candy canes. Presents are about half of what the grandparents brought today. There were presents for everyone, but mostly for the two grandkids. We'll put out our family gifts tomorrow, now that today's gathering is over.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-12-23 at 7.02.11 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-12-23 at 7.02.11 PM.png
    637.7 KB · Views: 35
Love to see people’s homes decorated for the holidays. If you have your Christmas tree up, love to see it!

Here is ours. Kept the tree small and simple this year. Just a few ornaments with red beaded garland (hard to see in picture.) Still need to take down my clock and hang a large wreath over the fireplace and decorate the rest of the house but this is a start.

Attachments

• IMG_9558.jpeg
    IMG_9558.jpeg
    33.4 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_9557.jpeg
    IMG_9557.jpeg
    55.7 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_9556.jpeg
    IMG_9556.jpeg
    99.9 KB · Views: 33
Here is mine.
How tall is your tree? I’m currently in a mental battle over whether to upgrade our tree to 10’ or 12’. The height isn’t the problem for the space available, it’s the base. The 12’ tree I’m considering has a nearly 7’ diameter base, which is just too big, so I either need a shorter tree or a different 12’ tree with a narrower shape. Do you happen to have a rough idea of your tree’s dimensions and the brand?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter