Lay Off The Cleaning Lady Pete!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
People are too easily offended. Who cares if you don't like what Pete said. What impact does it have on anyone? Either listen to the podcast or don't, it's a personal choice. I wish I had the free time to dissect every word I disagree with on the podcast, or the news, or blogs, or whatever, you name it. It's Pete's show and that's how he feels. Whether people agree with his opinion, or the language he uses while expressing that opinion is meaningless. I know this is a discussion board and people can discuss whatever they choose. I choose to discuss the fact that people are too thin skinned and should refrain from posting every tiny little thing that bothers them. After all Pete has done for this community he deserves the benefit of the doubt that he meant no real harm in his choice of words regarding Meg. Show the guy a little loyalty. He's not perfect and chose his words poorly, so what, who cares. None of my friends are perfect and neither am I. Never mind the cleaning lady, lay off Pete! :thumbsup2

People are too easily offended. Who cares if you don't like what Pete said. What impact does it have on anyone? Either listen to the podcast or don't, it's a personal choice. I wish I had the free time to dissect every word I disagree with on the podcast, or the news, or blogs, or whatever, you name it. It's Pete's show and that's how he feels. Whether people agree with his opinion, or the language he uses while expressing that opinion is meaningless. I know this is a discussion board and people can discuss whatever they choose. I choose to discuss the fact that people are too thin skinned and should refrain from posting every tiny little thing that bothers them. After all Pete has done for this community he deserves the benefit of the doubt that he meant no real harm in his choice of words regarding Meg. Show the guy a little loyalty. He's not perfect and chose his words poorly, so what, who cares. None of my friends are perfect and neither am I. Never mind the cleaning lady, lay off Pete! :thumbsup2

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I don't think anyone wants censorship. I think some of us just wish Pete could get his points across without resorting to name calling which in the process demeans a whole group of people who having nothing to do with this lady.

Exactly ! :thumbsup2

Nicely said Paul! :thumbsup2

I think some of us just wish Pete could get his points across without resorting to name calling which in the process demeans a whole group of people who having nothing to do with this lady

:sad2::sad2::sad2:

If he would have called her a "Cowboy," would Pete have demeaned Cowboys? There was no "demeaning" implied in his statement. If you substitute any job, his statements will mean the exact same thing. He statement is a metaphor for putting a person in a job that has no business performing that job.

Thicker skins need to prevail.

I've got a sneaky feeling that following an 11 page discussion on the boards, we probably won't hear Meg referred to as 'that' again. So kudos to the OP, I think it worked!

Wanna Bet?

I guess it comes down to this: People are tired of Pete's arrogance when it comes to calling people names. Why does he feel he must do that? I think the only person who can really answer this question is Pete, anyone else is just guessing.

Compare that to a comedian that uses dirty language versus a comedian who does not and still gets laughs, usually bigger ones than the dirty comedian.

People are kinda tired of you and your constant degrading of Pete, this site and the fans of this site, but for some reason you get to exercise your freedom of speech, so why can't Pete???

dude.........dont disappoint me..........jump in here and take a swing......ya know ya want to.............:)

Pete doesn't play these silly games, he doesn't need to.

I seem to remember that Pete's comment stemmed from the fact that he felt that Ms. Crofton was hired despite having no more experience than the cleaning lady. :confused3

That's exactly how I heard it...

Paul... I ever tell you I love how you think??

I don't know what loyalty really is in this situation.

True friends are the ones who aren't afraid to tell you that you screwed up or that you made mistake. True friends are the ones that don't let you go through life with the blinders on telling you "who cares what others think" or "other people's opinions are meaningless". True friends are the one's that will help you when you fall. Just because someone told Pete they didn't like something he did doesn't mean they are being disloyal.

I don't think one person on this thread said they would stop listening to the show or questioned Pete's integrity at all. Some listeners just merely said they didn't like how he was referring to Meg or that they didn't agree with his opinion on some of her job performance. I don't think there has been any attack on Pete at all.

I found that most of this thread has been an intelligent fair discussion on Disney's business practices not an attack on Pete. The business part is the part that has interested me most. I just don't see how disagreeing with Pete is being disloyal or inappropriate.

:sad2::sad2::sad2:

If he would have called her a "Cowboy," would Pete have demeaned Cowboys? There was no "demeaning" implied in his statement. If you substitute any job, his statements will mean the exact same thing. He statement is a metaphor for putting a person in a job that has no business performing that job.

Thicker skins need to prevail.

Ok substitute cowboy ...it still doesn't make any sense. She wasn't a cleaning lady and she wasn't a cowboy.

I wonder if your skin would be as thick if he was comparing a person he loathed and thought was a moron with your profession :)

True friends are the ones who aren't afraid to tell you that you screwed up or that you made mistake. True friends are the ones that don't let you go through life with the blinders on telling you "who cares what others think" or "other people's opinions are meaningless". True friends are the one's that will help you when you fall. Just because someone told Pete they didn't like something he did doesn't mean they are being disloyal.

I don't think one person on this thread said they would stop listening to the show or questioned Pete's integrity at all. Some listeners just merely said they didn't like how he was referring to Meg or that they didn't agree with his opinion on some of her job performance. I don't think there has been any attack on Pete at all.

I found that most of this thread has been an intelligent fair discussion on Disney's business practices not an attack on Pete. That's the part that has interested me most. I just don't see how disagreeing with Pete is being disloyal or inappropriate.

:thumbsup2 Some people think it is sacrilege to disagree with Disney, some think it is sacrilege to disagree with the Podcast team. I think we all have the right to disagree and to voice our opinions.

Obviously.

So you're Pete's "true friend" now? If you knew Pete, which you clearly don't, you would know he didn't "screw up". That's just how Pete talks. Who are you or anyone else to tell Pete you didn't like what he said. Did he ask you what you thought? No. It's presumptiuous of people to feel the need to point out what they feel is right or wrong. It's different for everyone.

I don't think one person on this thread said they would stop listening to the show or questioned Pete's integrity at all. Some listeners just merely said they didn't like how he was referring to Meg. I don't think there has been any attack on Pete at all.

Are people really that sensitive about a statement made about woman they don't even know? Political correctness is out of control around here.

I found that most of this thread has been an intelligent fair discussion on Disney's business practices not an attack on Pete. That's the part that has interested me most. I just don't see how disagreeing with Pete is being disloyal or inappropriate.

Pete is my friend and that's where my loyalties are. I feel he's getting nit picked by some on this thread. Pete deserves the benefit of the doubt in this situation.

Some people think it is sacrilege to disagree with Disney, some think it is sacrilege to disagree with the Podcast team. I think we all have the right to disagree and to voice our opinions.

No matter how petty the subject of that disagreement. pirate:

Ok substitute cowboy ...it still doesn't make any sense. She wasn't a cleaning lady and she wasn't a cowboy.

:goodvibes That is my point. It does not matter what the job title is, it is a statement of the CEO being run by the lifeguard and not necessarily the worst life guard

I wonder if your skin would be as thick if he was comparing a person he loathed and thought was a moron with your profession :)

Pete (nor I) said she was a bad cleaning lady (or cowboy, or life guard, or concierge, or car salesman, or engineer, or pizza boy/girl/pre-op) Just a CEO that is making horrid decisions. He can call her a bad telecom engineer and I would agree and not be offended. :goodvibes

Pete is my friend and that's where my loyalties are. I feel he's getting nit picked by some on this thread. Pete deserves the benefit of the doubt in this situation.

So you're Pete's "true friend" now? If you knew Pete, which you clearly don't, you would know he didn't "screw up". That's just how Pete talks. Who are you or anyone else to tell Pete you didn't like what he said. Did he ask you what you thought? No. It's presumptiuous of people to feel the need to point out what they feel is right or wrong. It's different for everyone.

I never said I was Pete's true friend, just what I thought were important qualities in a true friend and you were the one that said "he chose his words poorly".

Pete has a podcast that can be downloaded by all, and he set up a forum on his site dedicated to discussion about his podcast so I think that qualifies as "Pete asking us what we thought" which might include people disagreeing with him.

I never said I was Pete's true friend, just what I thought were important qualities in a true friend and you were the one that said "he chose his words poorly".

Pete has a podcast that can be downloaded by all, and he set up a forum on his site dedicated to discussion about his podcast so I think that qualifies as "Pete asking us what we thought" which might include people disagreeing with him.

You're correct. This is a discussion board. You have every right to call Pete out on what he said. I have every right to respond to your posts and tell you I think people are too quick to spew unsolicited advice on improper behavior, actions or speech. A persons upbringing, socio-economic background, education level and current life circumstance shapes their opinions. How can you assume Pete or anyone else shares your world view? Pete's from NJ and I'm from NY, that's how we talk up here. Advice that makes perfect sense to you may seem absurd to some one else. IMHO Pete's comments don't warrant this level of discussion. You clearly feel different and that's OK. But........if it's OK for you to disagree with Pete, then it's OK for me to disagree with you right? :hippie:

You're correct. This is a discussion board. You have every right to call Pete out on what he said. I have every right to respond to your posts and tell you I think people are too quick to spew unsolicited advice on improper behavior, actions or speech. A persons upbringing, socio-economic background, education level and current life circumstance shapes their opinions. How can you assume Pete or anyone else shares your world view? Pete's from NJ and I'm from NY, that's how we talk up here. Advice that makes perfect sense to you may seem absurd to some one else. IMHO Pete's comments don't warrant this level of discussion. You clearly feel different and that's OK. But........if it's OK for you to disagree with Pete, then it's OK for me to disagree with you right? :hippie:

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:woohoo: :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 Pour me some more Kool-aid!!

KoolAidManShotgun.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter