Lay Off The Cleaning Lady Pete!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would just like to say that the minute we start censoring the things we say for fear of offending anyone is the day you will probably stop listening.

Be careful what you wish for....

I would just like to say that the minute we start censoring the things we say for fear of offending anyone is the day you will probably stop listening.

Exactly.

I think all the good of the show FAR outweighs the perceived "bad." Don't change a thing.

Do any of you watch Rush Limbaugh? Glenn Beck? Keith Oberman?

Just curious if there is as much moral outrage over those shows.

I only listen to the ones I share interest with, but just like I said about the podcast I won't always agree with them, but I still listen. I don't recall where I heard this quote, but it was along the lines "Everyday we should read something that makes us laugh, something that makes you cry and something that just PO's you" I don't mind listening to something I disagree with on occasion, as long as I enjoy it for the vast majority of the time. I think this is the case for most of the dissenters on this thread.

Never should you censor what you are doing, I'm in full agreement there!! I hope I'm not coming across that way, because I'm behind you 100 percent!

Kevin,

As a point of clarification, isn't this the place where moral outrage is expressed over folks who drink from WDW soda fountains using a resort mug bought on a prior trip after they have dined alone even though their ADR was for two?

I haven't had time to reply scense the first time i read and then when i go to post there is 3 more pages.

To clarify what i meant but posting stupid things is most of the threads i have seen started but the OP ( With all due respect) are crying offensive or negative about somthing silly to be all grumpy and mad about.

And someone idr who said something about people not being way more bold online than off line thought i mention i can be just as bold and opinionated like the last day of school last year i told a administration at school what an idiot he was being. ( you would think what he did was stupid to but i don't want to be way OT ) and one time when i this in one of my classes there was this jerk in class my freshmen year who messed with everyone (im a jr now and once again trying not to get to OT) But most of the time i'm perfectly nice and known for being nice and quite

Thank you for this.

It is impossible to do what we do and offend no one and still make people want to listen.

It is never our intent to offend. We do everything we can to avoid that.

I totally agree.

Walt Disney once said "We are not trying to entertain the critics. I'll take my chances with the public."

What I hear from Pete and the team is PASSION. They honestly point out where there is value, and where there are problems.....from their point of view. People may agree and people may disagree. The team just tries to bring to light things they feel are important.

As a travel/hospitality major, this thread has been very interresting to read. In travel agency class they stress how important repeat business is. My instructor encouraged us to do a little something for each clients. Something as simple as a "Welcome Home" letter after a trip, or maybe a gift basket in the stateroom. I interperate what Pete and the team are saying. I think that the team feels that Disney is moving away from making their repeat customers feel good. The team has pointed out where they have noticed cut backs on customer services. Things that first-time guests may not notice. Again, that is just my personal interperatation of what Pete and the crew are trying to say.

No.
No.
And no.

I do not watch or listen to "news" as entertainment.

I put the DisUnplugged in a totally different catogory. Whew!

before getting offended, as so often happens here on the boards, remember that there are two sides to this communication process. what one person says and how the other person interprets that message. So who is to say that it is pete (or anyone else) that is being offensive? Maybe it is just your (or those listening) interpretation of those words.

bravo!!!

I point to this thread as further proof of the political correctness indcotrination our society suffers from presently. Every comment can be found to be offensive by someone if they try hard enough to be hurt.

If the worst that can be said about Pete is that he is a "name caller," then I think he'll be a well thought of man at the end of his days. Clearly he is not a mean spirited man and given his life and background I am sure he's endured some name calling sent his way. I suspect he has developed a thick skin and most of the offended posters would do well to grow one as well.

It's called satire people - and the sooner you realize the point of his rant you might appreciate the very valid points he is making.

And for those that are actually supportive of Ms. Crofton - I'd challenge them to show us examples of decisions that have been made under her watch that have been customer friendly. Much of her reign reminds me of Paul Pressler in Anaheim - and it's taken Disney years of goodwill to earn back the trust of the California guests (not to mention a billion dollars in investment to to fix the debacle of DCA).

Carry on Pete - your satire and your points are appreciated!

dude.........dont disappoint me..........jump in here and take a swing......ya know ya want to.............:)

Do I want Pete to stop calling Meg Crofton the Cleaning Lady? Yes.

Will I quit listening to the show if he doesn't? Nope.

I'm sure that you guys get more emails about stuff complaining than what we see. Most of them you have to ignore, but I'm sure some of them make you question if maybe there is a better way of doing things.

I think that Don and I completely agree on this whole subject, he just says it a whole lot better than I do.

Do I want Pete to stop calling Meg Crofton the Cleaning Lady? Yes.

Will I quit listening to the show if he doesn't? Nope.

I'm sure that you guys get more emails about stuff complaining than what we see. Most of them you have to ignore, but I'm sure some of them make you question if maybe there is a better way of doing things.

I think that Don and I completely agree on this whole subject, he just says it a whole lot better than I do.

Exactly, except for that last part about saying it better. It is what is it, we all see it a little different and it isn't keeping me awake at night. I just find it a little distasteful. Like seeing someone at the parks in high heels. No big deal, but a tad odd.

Exactly, except for that last part about saying it better. It is what is it, we all see it a little different and it isn't keeping me awake at night. I just find it a little distasteful. Like seeing someone at the parks in high heels. No big deal, but a tad odd.

Quite honestly, I think that Paul looks good in his heels and just because you don't like it he shouldn't have to stop wearing them to the parks.

I hope he calls her cleaning lady over and over and over and over all at once on the show.

i'm sure im not theonly one who said this so far i see cleaning lady as taking somone who was a cleaning lady and skipping all the lower managment ranks right to the top.

Yes, but not here.

Ooops. I told myslef I'd stay out of this one. Back to the cheap seats...popcorn::
Do the cheap seats have whine (or wine)? :rolleyes1
Kevin,

As a point of clarification, isn't this the place where moral outrage is expressed over folks who drink from WDW soda fountains using a resort mug bought on a prior trip after they have dined alone even though their ADR was for two?
:idea: An excellent point, Jack!

bravo!!!

I point to this thread as further proof of the political correctness indoctrination our society suffers from presently.

Dead on target!! PC = Mediocrity in my world. Anyone afraid to stick their head up is someone that is in the middle of the pack. Excellence is achieved by raising above the norm and being noticed. If the Dis and the Podcast were mediocre, would you be participating and listening. Pete has risen to the top because he is not afraid of taking chances. To break the norm and not be PC is breaking the mold of other boards/podcasts/online communities and saying "stand up and notice me." Guess what folks, I think you guys all noticed.

Good Job Pete, KK, John, T, Kathy, Julie, and Corey!! (and Will this week)

I haven't had time to reply scense the first time i read and then when i go to post there is 3 more pages.

To clarify what i meant but posting stupid things is most of the threads i have seen started but the OP ( With all due respect) are crying offensive or negative about somthing silly to be all grumpy and mad about.

And someone idr who said something about people not being way more bold online than off line thought i mention i can be just as bold and opinionated like the last day of school last year i told a administration at school what an idiot he was being. ( you would think what he did was stupid to but i don't want to be way OT ) and one time when i this in one of my classes there was this jerk in class my freshmen year who messed with everyone (im a jr now and once again trying not to get to OT) But most of the time i'm perfectly nice and known for being nice and quite

My brain hurts after reading that post. Maybe you're the cleaning lady?

OK, now I'm not being PC and therefore an outstanding shining example of all that is right. Is that how that works k5?

Look, if there's some joke behind the cleaning lady statement I hope Pete fills us in this week and we can all just have a laugh. This has nothing to do with being politically correct. Pete took Meg to task on the podcast and I'm just offering an opposing viewpoint. However, I was able to do it without calling him names. Fine, I guess there's no entertainment value in that.

I guess it comes down to this: People are tired of Pete's arrogance when it comes to calling people names. Why does he feel he must do that? I think the only person who can really answer this question is Pete, anyone else is just guessing.

Compare that to a comedian that uses dirty language versus a comedian who does not and still gets laughs, usually bigger ones than the dirty comedian.

Very interesting point...I think an argument holds much more validity when the person doesn't resort to calling names , this isn't the school playground and this isn't recess ;)

No! Can't stand all the name calling, finger pointing and all around nastiness and bitterness! Life is rough enough without that garbage!

I don't think anyone wants censorship. I think some of us just wish Pete could get his points across without resorting to name calling which in the process demeans a whole group of people who having nothing to do with this lady. And I still don't get the cleaning lady thing...she wasn't a cleaning lady was she :confused3

I seem to remember that Pete's comment stemmed from the fact that he felt that Ms. Crofton was hired despite having no more experience than the cleaning lady. :confused3

No more. No less.

I did not assume he had any intention of disparaging any profession - knowing him through the podcasts I would be shocked that he would be so thoughtless. I just really do not think he meant to cause such a firestorm with this term.

His continuing reference - to me - implies that he continues to think that she is not qualified. Not that she is a bad person, or a bad boss - just not as qualified as Disney deserves.

Hopefully he'll clear this up in tomorrow's podcast

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter