Las Vegas Shooting

Horrific and sad. I knew it was the Rt 91 Harvest Fest as soon as I heard Vegas. Such evil in our world. Thoughts for families of the dead and injured.

I don't understand how anyone can wake up one day and think "I want to kill a bunch of people". And then kill themselves.

Listening to audio, it sounds like a war zone. Constant gunfire for 10-15 minutes, people having no idea where it was coming from.

We're waiting to hear from DH's former coworkers, and a couple more of my DD#2's friends. (We lived in Vegas from 2003-2007)

Prayers to Vegas today.

My sister was on a flight to Vegas and they were diverted to Phoenix because they temporarily closed the airport. My DH's cousin lives in Vegas and her DH is a Dr, and they've checked in on FB that they're ok. Praying for all.

Absolutely shaken when I think of how many shows my DD and her friends attend there and how it could easily be me waiting on news of my loved ones. As of now as far as I know I don’t have any friends or loved ones that attended. This is just...I have no words.

Reports that a woman pushed her way to the front and others were saying hey where are you going, and she said (paraphrasing), "It doesn't matter anyway because in a few minutes you're all going to be dead".
To the front of what?

Updated numbers: at least 50 death and over 400 wounded.... mind blowing figures for a single gunman. The ban on assault rifles is hours away now.

Thoughts and prayers with those involved- I have a friend there with her partner, brother and SIL, due to travel home tonight- still waiting to hear from her.

Remember, the media is bad at breaking news. Was there one assailant or more? Was there only a shooting at one place, or were there coordinating attacks? Was there actually a woman that warned everybody there was going to be a shooting?

http://www.wnyc.org/story/breaking-news-consumers-handbook-pdf/

This, the woman that they were looking for, thinking she was with him, turned out to actually be located physically overseas and despite having her name out in the world now, they don't think she had anything to do with it.

So horrible.
It wasn't too long ago on a thread here on the DIS that I said I'd choose Vegas after Disney as my destination of choice with Southwest points. I've never been, but have always wanted to go. One of my reasons for Vegas was that I assumed it's probably one of the safest destinations in the world due to all of the security with that much money floating around.

I guess that's no longer the case. And the reports keep getting worse and worse for this incident.

Prayers for all affected, and for this crazy world in which we live.

Las Vegas is no less safe today, than it was yesterday.

I have a friend who, lately whenever I talk about travelling to London or Paris, says, "Oh no, don't go, it's not safe!" But, that's ridiculous. She rides public transit, she gets lifts from friends, she crosses the street multiple times a day... all of these things are much more likely to kill her than visiting London, Paris, Disney World... or Las Vegas.

If you've always wanted to go too Vegas, then you should go. And sooner, rather than later.

Me, I just got back from Universal Studios, with a Disney trip planned for January. In just a couple years my husband will be retiring, and I hope to travel with him to England and France, and maybe even make it all the way over to Singapore and Japan, and New Zealand. It's a big world! And I don't want to hesitate and wait so long to see the things I want to see, that my health declines and I end up missing it all. My father-in-law always wanted to see Nashville, but cancer got him first. We actually made plans to take our mother-in-law to Niagara Falls last spring, but cancer got her, too.

Cancer scares me much more than terrorists/madmen with a gun. I personally know many people who've had cancer and several who've died of it. All my friends and relatives, however, have returned from their vacations happier and healthier than when they left. I know which risk seems greatest to me, and it's not travel.

This, the woman that they were looking for, thinking she was with him, turned out to actually be located physically overseas and despite having her name out in the world now, they don't think she had anything to do with it.

Oh, poor woman! :scared:

Remember, the media is bad at breaking news. Was there one assailant or more? Was there only a shooting at one place, or were there coordinating attacks? Was there actually a woman that warned everybody there was going to be a shooting?

http://www.wnyc.org/story/breaking-news-consumers-handbook-pdf/

Absolutely. However from those linked videos I can conclude couple of facts. First, there was one heavy machine gun and the guy was going for maximum damage/kill ratio. One he started firing, he didn't stop until had to reload. After reloading, same thing. He wasn't targeting anyone in particular, was going after high casualty count. Very sick, and paranoid individual like that always act alone.

With the # of bullets he was able to shoot in such a short period of time, I praise the responding Police for quick resolution to this situation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter