Las Vegas Shooting

Mizzoufan

DIS Veteran
It appears there was a horrible shooting in Las Vegas last night at a out door concert late last night. They were reporting dozens killed and over a 100 hurt. I think the shooter is dead but they are still looking for his female companion.

I heard this when I turned on the news a few minutes ago too: 20+ dead and 100+ wounded, shooter dead, and the photo of the roommate they're looking for.

These things just seem to be happening so frequently now. Part of me is in shock, thinking that I don't know what our world is coming to.

Another part is amazed that the coverage has gotten so much more "normal". The first time I remember something like this happening, it was the news. Now it's just one story and they go back to the traffic report.

The shooter, 64 years old, has been killed. He was a local resident, Stephen Paddock. He was on the 32 or 36 floor and just opened fire.

The videos are horrific.

Reports that a woman pushed her way to the front and others were saying hey where are you going, and she said (paraphrasing), "It doesn't matter anyway because in a few minutes you're all going to be dead".

Reports that a woman pushed her way to the front and others were saying hey where are you going, and she said (paraphrasing), "It doesn't matter anyway because in a few minutes you're all going to be dead".
I wonder if the woman pushing her way to the front was Marilou Danley or perhaps a third person that knew this was going to happen.

I'm absolutely distraught. Vegas is one of my favorite places in the US...those poor people. Heartsick for their loved ones.

So horrible.
It wasn't too long ago on a thread here on the DIS that I said I'd choose Vegas after Disney as my destination of choice with Southwest points. I've never been, but have always wanted to go. One of my reasons for Vegas was that I assumed it's probably one of the safest destinations in the world due to all of the security with that much money floating around.

I guess that's no longer the case. And the reports keep getting worse and worse for this incident.

Prayers for all affected, and for this crazy world in which we live.

This is so horrible, my thoughts are with all the victims and their families.
I can't believe that people are capable of doing things like this, it is pure evil.

Absolutely sickening to see and hear.

I've been watching the news with dad and the rapid fire sound reminds my father, who was in Vietnam, of a M16 used in the military.

OMG. This is just horrific. Prayers to the victims and their families. This is such a sad day for our state.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter