Land, Sea and Safari September/October 2013

Though the arthritis is starting (fingers and ankles almost exclusively) I am still very mobile. I don't yet need a scooter. Does that make a difference? I also have tremendous anxiety about getting stuck on a ride :/

Though the arthritis is starting (fingers and ankles almost exclusively) I am still very mobile. I don't yet need a scooter. Does that make a difference? I also have tremendous anxiety about getting stuck on a ride :/

Yes I can understand that re getting stuck on ride. It's never happened to me in 16 years of going. But I choose the rides I go on carefully! No upside down ones! I know where the rest rooms are at all times! I love my scooter. I could not get by without it. Too much for DW to push me around plus you need your own independence. When I can after my 5 weekly infusion of Infliximab which helps all my inflammation I try walking as much as poss. I try to use my rollator and cane more to build muscle. But even then the parks are just too big! The worst is EPCOT showcase! Omg!

Sorry to hijack your thread about your lovely upcoming trip. I've always wondered how fellow sufferers manage. We'll be traveling with with my DS3 in mid-Sept. Can't wait!!

Oh thanks so much for sharing! Omg that chandelier! How delightful. That food looks amazing. DW will die of pleasure overload! She has a savoury tooth and me sweet. I love the look of that dusted doughnut like thing on your plate! I gotta score one of those if my digestive system allows!

That was an apple turnover type thing. It was too dry for me so I didn't finish it, but I know some people really enjoy dry pastries. My totally German stepmom for one. She would have loved it. So many savory options for your DW, hopefully you both will find plenty to enjoy.

Sorry to hijack your thread about your lovely upcoming trip. I've always wondered how fellow sufferers manage. We'll be traveling with with my DS3 in mid-Sept. Can't wait!!

No please don't be sorry. Ask as many questions as you like. I have suffered for decades now with the thing! I hope you have a great trip. I find Disney and the Orlando area very good for my dietary requirements. Much more than back at home :-)

That was an apple turnover type thing. It was too dry for me so I didn't finish it, but I know some people really enjoy dry pastries. My totally German stepmom for one. She would have loved it. So many savory options for your DW, hopefully you both will find plenty to enjoy.

Oh apple turnover yum! I love cakes, doughnuts etc it's my one weakness... Oh yes German's would love that indeed!

Just sorted out the last of our FE gifts phew! 20 cabins in our FE this year! Jo is going to be busy delivering those lol. Must break it to her gently with a nice dinner and a bottle of bud ...

Pictures of the gifts?

Good idea! Here we are....

dad914d0915cdb54ce850331b621e260_zps52c973de.jpg

Can't say what is in it yet as people on disboards in our FE will ruin surprise! Will post after cruise!

You've been busy! The costume is cute! Nice gift packaging. Its getting very close niw!

You've been busy! The costume is cute! Nice gift packaging. Its getting very close niw!

Thanks! Yes very close can't wait to meet you both :-) when you stay in a one bed at dvc do you get a spa bath tub in an accessible room?

Update

Jo has said we can go to the MNSSP this year just pick a date I want to go :-) I think it's a pity present but hey I'm not proud I'll take it lol. I love that event!

I was at the hospital yesterday in London seeing my consultant. I have been poorly this last two weeks. He has given me a new drug to work along side my Infliximab infusions called Azathioprine. It does lower my immune system even further ( stay away from people with the flu lol ) but it might help my scleritis and Crohns a bit. Fingers crossed. I started taking it today and it can take up to 8 weeks to work. I hope if it does slightly improve things it starts to work by our trip so I can eat my own body weight in candy at the MNSSP!

I don't think I will book tickets just yet as I get nervous I might not be able to go on the night. Might book tickets when we get there.

Very excited!

I'm sorry you haven't been well :( I hope this new med helps.

Bring in the pity presents. A present is a present :)

I'm sorry you haven't been well :( I hope this new med helps.

Bring in the pity presents. A present is a present :)

Thank you how kind! Lol I am glad you agree. I see from Brandi's awesome list your next visit is in December to the GFV. How cool! I hope to talk DW into a little addon! Please I want a full report on what it is like!

Thank you how kind! Lol I am glad you agree. I see from Brandi's awesome list your next visit is in December to the GFV. How cool! I hope to talk DW into a little addon! Please I want a full report on what it is like!

I couldn't resist an add on after seeing the gorgeous preview rooms at SSR. I had been wanting to buy some ever since they made the announcement but had almost talked myself out of it thinking the price would be astronomical. I only added 50, but this way I can bank/borrow for a trip every other year or every three years. I know there's always the 7 month mark but I didn't want to risk it, we'll more than likely always use them for near Christmas time. There will definitely be a TR :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter