Land, Sea and Safari September/October 2013

Well I am sorry to say we are now at the end of the most fantastic vacation. We checked out of AK the next day.

Our airline provides a great area in DTD where we can check in our bags in the morning without having to go to the airport. So we made the most of this!

We then had lunch at the Earl one last time. I savoured that turkey all American and Jo took time to enjoy her club. We would be back in May 14 but right now it seemed a lot way off!

I got some Christmas decs in DTD and a wonderful StarWars advent calendar in the lego shop.

c555d5bae8911b6de3bdf88a9b81c768_zps22ef0e35.jpg

We hung around in the club lounge at AK feasting on their drinks and delights until it was time to go to the airport. With much regret we said our goodbyes to AK and new friends we had made and Jo drove us to our impending doom.

The flight was delayed by 30 mins so we enjoyed the extra time on US turf and a McDonalds as flight food is just awful on way over!

Goodbye Land of the free with your singing dolls that go round in my head for days and your liberty slushy that keeps me awake for days, your amazing parades, sunshine and disfriends. Until May... Parting is such sweet sorrow...

What a fabulous vacation! EoS, how do I love thee! popcorn::

Does the May trip include a cruise? I'm sad we'll be missing you by a week :(

What a fabulous vacation! EoS, how do I love thee! popcorn:: Does the May trip include a cruise? I'm sad we'll be missing you by a week :(

No May is one week at SSR no cruise. But Sep/October we are at SSR and Then we are on the beloved Dream for 3 nights ( 25th - 28th September ) and I just booked my birthday on 1st October one night at the end in VGF! Awesome! Rented points from a nice lady on the disboards :-) delighted! Can't wait to see what it's like!

We are sad to miss you in May also! What a shame. Really want to meet you. Any chance Sep/Oct? We go 18th September return 2nd October. Jo was sad too.

No May is one week at SSR no cruise. But Sep/October we are at SSR and Then we are on the beloved Dream for 3 nights ( 25th - 28th September ) and I just booked my birthday on 1st October one night at the end in VGF! Awesome! Rented points from a nice lady on the disboards :-) delighted! Can't wait to see what it's like!

We are sad to miss you in May also! What a shame. Really want to meet you. Any chance Sep/Oct? We go 18th September return 2nd October. Jo was sad too.

My transatlantic ends September 20, I'm thinking that I'll tack on a night or two afterwards at WDW and hopefully we can grab a meal together :) I just went on DVC to try to grab AKV CL but it's already unavailable. Might be easier to book where you guys are anyway.

Congrats on the VGF rental! A lady after my own heart, you celebrate your birthday as it should be! I am counting down the days to my VGF trip :hyper: I've purposefully not looked at any of the videos they posted on here, I want to be as surprised as mom when we get there.

So sorry your fabulous trip has come to an end in cyberspace. I'm glad we got to meet up! At least you have two more trips booked. I don't have any yet. :sad2: Someday when Fran is feeling better I will sit her down and nail down some dates. As of now we just have a cruise on the Wonder and some DL time scheduled.

My transatlantic ends September 20, I'm thinking that I'll tack on a night or two afterwards at WDW and hopefully we can grab a meal together :) I just went on DVC to try to grab AKV CL but it's already unavailable. Might be easier to book where you guys are anyway. Congrats on the VGF rental! A lady after my own heart, you celebrate your birthday as it should be! I am counting down the days to my VGF trip :hyper: I've purposefully not looked at any of the videos they posted on here, I want to be as surprised as mom when we get there.

That's how we roll! Be surprised when you get there! Won't spoil the magic then! Nice re seeing you in September fingers crossed! AKV CL seems to be always booked! We were thinking maybe we need an AK add on to get it! We would love to hear all about your transatlantic experience! Be warned we want every detail! Did you get yourselves a nice stateroom? I would hope so for the duration.

So sorry your fabulous trip has come to an end in cyberspace. I'm glad we got to meet up! At least you have two more trips booked. I don't have any yet. :sad2: Someday when Fran is feeling better I will sit her down and nail down some dates. As of now we just have a cruise on the Wonder and some DL time scheduled.
thanks we are delighted to have meet you also. So sorry Fran has taken a turn downhill. I hope it's a speedy recovery but as I type this I know with an autoimmune disorder that's almost impossible. Your cruise sounds lovely and time in DL! Well after reading both your trip report, Pam and PIO what's not to love!

That's how we roll! Be surprised when you get there! Won't spoil the magic then! Nice re seeing you in September fingers crossed! AKV CL seems to be always booked! We were thinking maybe we need an AK add on to get it! We would love to hear all about your transatlantic experience! Be warned we want every detail! Did you get yourselves a nice stateroom? I would hope so for the duration.

As it looks right now I'll be solo on the transatlantic. I booked an ocean view because of the price. It's right next to the aft elevators, I'm really happy with the room. I'm sure I'll be bursting to share everything, no worries about that!

Will it be F & W at that time? I probably wouldn't even need CL.

As it looks right now I'll be solo on the transatlantic. I booked an ocean view because of the price. It's right next to the aft elevators, I'm really happy with the room. I'm sure I'll be bursting to share everything, no worries about that! Will it be F & W at that time? I probably wouldn't even need CL.
oceanview perfect! We have found that we never use balcony anyway but a view is nice :-) I am hoping it will be F & W! It tends to be late September so fingers crossed. Also MNSSHP! :-)

I was just thinking about MNSSHP, I'll definitely want to do that! I've never been to one before.

I do like a balcony, but will probably only splurge for one when mom cruises with me. She LOVES a balcony!

I was just thinking about MNSSHP, I'll definitely want to do that! I've never been to one before. I do like a balcony, but will probably only splurge for one when mom cruises with me. She LOVES a balcony!
MNSSHP is a blast if you get the chance but dates vary on what nights they do. Hopefully they will release them around May! I am not sure when they release dates for F & W. Sounds a good plan re saving balcony for mom! I just can't wait to hear about transatlantic cruise!

Do you fly direct to Barcelona?

I'm still trying to figure out flights. A bunch of people on the cruise have already bought tickets. I'm thinking prices should go down in the next few months. What is your experience with international flights? Book ASAP?

I'm still trying to figure out flights. A bunch of people on the cruise have already bought tickets. I'm thinking prices should go down in the next few months. What is your experience with international flights? Book ASAP?
yes def we find when flying to the US booking early saves money. I am sure this would apply in reverse. I hope so anyway! We have booked our flights for both May and September. Prices have already gone up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter