Land, Sea and Safari September/October 2013

Paula Sedley-Burke

Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...
Hello Everyone and thank you for reading my pre trippy. Let me introduce myself my name is Paula and I will celebrate my 42nd birthday on this very trip. I am travelling with my DW and soul mate Jo.

We from sunny England ( tongue in cheek ) and had our civil partnership in 2006 shortly after it became legal. But not quite beating Sir Elton and David to it...

Here we are ...

This is me ( Star Wars fan I am..mmmm)

c5cf6428088d4693156285ee51b82162_zpsc6aece2e.jpg

This is DW

7388046a7d0649e362abc2f1a49ee716_zps09a7dd4e.jpg

I am medically retired as I suffer from a nasty old auto immune disease. DW is the CEO of a Data Centre company in London. She also my carer so is pretty much rushed of her feet. She is a godsend to me and deserves every inch of this vacation! So I have it down to the wire...health willing! It likes to keep us on our toes! finally...as well loving each other we love all things Disney :-) So here is the line up! Please join me :-)

Wednesday September 18th - drop off our two shih tzus at a good friend to be spoilt. Drive up to Gatwick airport stopping enroute for our tradition night before McDonald's. Onto twilight check in with Virgin Atlantic.
Stay overnight at Premier Travel Inn Manor Royal Don't sleep due to excitement. Get on Jo's nerves who is exhausted from work.

Thursday September 19th - drop off car at meet & greet parking which is just by terminal :-) Play in shops and buy things we don't need due to excitement.

Fly to Orlando and arrive at MCO around 5:30 pm. Get ME to SSR. Check in for 4 glorious nights. Hope we get our Grandstand request and near bus stop for our studio! Get owners locker delivered and scooter from Apple.

Friday September 20th - Alamo shuttle to Disney car centre and pick up rental car. Drive to South Orlando tag agency , Kissimmee for US disabled parking permit as UK no longer valid in all locations. Dismeet friend Dana meet her on DCL cruise last year. Now good friends!
Go to Walmart for groceries ( 50 boxes of Lucky charms not made in the UK and we are addicted , cans of soda, water etc )
Lunch at our favourite Earl of Sandwich in DTD. Mine is an All American & Jo is a club or holiday sandwich girl.

We tend to decide on the day where we dine because of my varying medical condition. If we do make an ADR it'll be in the morning for that evening. I have Crohns disease as well as arthritis and uveitis so it's hard to eat , move around and see but I find American eating places very accommodating to my needs!

We like to also dine outside Disney our favourites are Olive garden, Red Lobster, Lone Star. Maybe Olive garden tonight! It's our firmed favourite.

Saturday 21st September - Magic kingdom today! We are going to try and see if we can score lunch at BOG! Jo is kindly going to line up for us! I have been really looking forward to this! Need to speak to somebody to ask about my diet requirements so hope you can get a CM at the kiosks! Can only do short time at parks as I get tired. A few rides maybe then pm by the pool.

Red lobster tonight ( that's not me too long by the pool btw lol )

Sunday 22nd September - It's cruise embarkation day! Drive down to Port Canaveral. We have 11:30 check in! Board Disney Dream for 4 glorious nights and this year our cruise is hosting the event...Halloween on the high seas! Halloween is my favourite holiday so delighted! Already got our costumes ready for this event! Also joined an FE :-)

Cruise Itinerary - Port Canaveral Nassau Castaway Cay - yeah! Day at sea Port Canaveral

Thursday 26th September - disembark at 8:00 am and drive to Seaworld and see the new Antarctica and various attractions. Have a tickets for two days that are good for 2 weeks. This will be first day. Check back into SSR for 5 more nights. Dinner at Outback?

Friday 27th September - EPCOT F & W kiosks, Rainforest Cafe for dinner.

Saturday 28th September - shopping day! Hit the malls undecided for dinner

Sunday 29th September - DHS undecided for dinner

Monday 30th September - Magic Kingdom, Dismeet! Alison and Fran @ VWL, later Red Lobster for dinner

Tuesday 1st October - my birthday! Seaworld second day! Check into AKV for 2 nights as birthday treat! Olive Garden take out, enjoy savannah view!

Wednesday 2nd October - last night. Go to Animal Kingdom & Rainforest cafe? :-(

Thursday 3 rd October - fly home boo hoo :-(

I'm in! Paula your plans sound fantastic! I didn't realize/remember your disability was Crohn's I will have to look that up and find out more about it. I know all about RA, as well as few other common problems, but this one stumps me! I can't wait to meet up with you two! We have shared so many joys/frustrations here on the DISboards, I've learned that you need meet up with folks ASAP if your gut tells you to! I missed out on interactions with some other wonderful DISers, and I'm sure you and Jo will be a hoot to meet up with! If nothing else we can meet up in the WL bar and you can laugh at me while I enjoy some spirits while you enjoy tea! :rotfl2:

ETA: We love Lonestar! They used to have one in Long Beach and they were in our coupon book BOGO. We would go there lots. We were so sad when it closed. Now we have to drive to Tustin if we want to eat there. That's over half an hour away if not more.

I'm in! Paula your plans sound fantastic! I didn't realize/remember your disability was Crohn's I will have to look that up and find out more about it. I know all about RA, as well as few other common problems, but this one stumps me! I can't wait to meet up with you two! We have shared so many joys/frustrations here on the DISboards, I've learned that you need meet up with folks ASAP if your gut tells you to! I missed out on interactions with some other wonderful DISers, and I'm sure you and Jo will be a hoot to meet up with! If nothing else we can meet up in the WL bar and you can laugh at me while I enjoy some spirits while you enjoy tea! :rotfl2:

Sounds great! We are so looking forward to meeting you two also! I also have ankylosing spondylitis and scleritis. It's all inflammation though at the end of the day! That's the way I see it! I am riddled!

I can't wait to see you in WL bar we love that resort! We really must stay there next time :-) so pleased again about your house :-)

Sounds great! We are so looking forward to meeting you two also! I also have ankylosing spondylitis and scleritis. It's all inflammation though at the end of the day! That's the way I see it! I am riddled!

I can't wait to see you in WL bar we love that resort! We really must stay there next time :-) so pleased again about your house :-)

Wow! I'm so glad that you still get out there and try and enjoy yourself. I remember there was one night that Fran and another friend of ours sat around upping each other on diagnoses. It was sadly hilarious because the two kept trying to outdo each other on who had more "diseases".

At this point the other friend has definitely won out because she had both her breasts removed due to cancer, but at the time they were "neck in neck".

Wow! I'm so glad that you still get out there and try and enjoy yourself. I remember there was one night that Fran and another friend of ours sat around upping each other on diagnoses. It was sadly hilarious because the two kept trying to outdo each other on who had more "diseases".

At this point the other friend has definitely won out because she had both her breasts removed due to cancer, but at the time they were "neck in neck".

Oh lol! Lol lol lol. That had me dying of laughing! I can't wait to meet you guys this is going to be a hoot! I can just imagine 'I see your RA and I raise you a double mastectomy...' Oh shucks I fold....but wait ...what is this new 'itis' I have just developed....yes...a new 'itis' is forming right now!

You gotta laugh! I just sorted out my Halloween costume. I was going to go as this years winner of The Biggest Looser ( I am quite thin due to the Crohns ) but Jo said some folks might not see the funny side...

Update! Booked Palo brunch for day at sea on cruise. Never done a Disney cruise where we have had a day at sea before so never been able to book this before! Very excited about doing a 4 night this time!

Also I hear the refillable mugs are RFID now at Allstars not sure if they will roll out to SSR and AKV by September. The prices seem a bit steep to me now if you are on a spilt stay. may suggest a mug of this size...and if they offered Le Fou's brew from MK I might be interested or their enemy's drink Butterbeer :-) mmmm yum!

ddd9d55defdb2cb277c34b5a60f54b3f_zps96b31b67.jpg

Grandstand is our favorite section. First bus stop, quick walk (or roll! :rotfl:) to the main area, what's not to like? The bus rides to MK and Epcot were fairly short as well, so nice for F&W. :thumbsup2

Grandstand is our favorite section. First bus stop, quick walk (or roll! :rotfl:) to the main area, what's not to like? The bus rides to MK and Epcot were fairly short as well, so nice for F&W. :thumbsup2

Thank you! Yes totally agree! Thank you for stopping by!

We are going to schedule a viewing for one of the new Grand Floridian studios but really it's just an excuse to eat the DVC ice cream :-)

Update! Costume now fully arrived for 'Halloween on the high seas' event on cruise. Will post picture when I have tried it on!

Thinking of buying tickets now to MNSSHP as I love that event to 'maximise' use of costume. See if I can flutter my eye lids at the bread winner of the family DW as my budget is now in the red!

Dare I mention my plans for a viewing of the new Grand Floridian DVC studio as a possible add on... :-)

Just read all your plans, everything sounds fantastic. This is going to be a marvelous trip! You're going to love Palo brunch, it is amazing. I just read up on Crohn's, I'm sorry you have to deal with all that, it must be exhausting. Hopefully you can find plenty of options at brunch. Can't wait to see your costume.

Just read all your plans, everything sounds fantastic. This is going to be a marvelous trip! You're going to love Palo brunch, it is amazing. I just read up on Crohn's, I'm sorry you have to deal with all that, it must be exhausting. Hopefully you can find plenty of options at brunch. Can't wait to see your costume.

Thanks! How kind to research Crohn's. yes so looking forward to Palo's! Sounds like you have done this? We haven't been to Palo's at all ( too taken with the other three dining options for evening did not want to miss out ) so we thought brunch was just perfect as we get to do the others also!

You might have already seen all the offerings, but just in case you haven't these are from this year on the Fantasy. I'm sure the Dream will have a very similar spread.

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=48224348&postcount=221

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=48224363&postcount=222

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=48224521&postcount=223

Oh thanks so much for sharing! Omg that chandelier! How delightful. That food looks amazing. DW will die of pleasure overload! She has a savoury tooth and me sweet. I love the look of that dusted doughnut like thing on your plate! I gotta score one of those if my digestive system allows!

Update outfit preview!

Here is my costume for the Halloween event. DW says that if for any reason I am unwell on night and don't get to go out of cabin we can book a MNSSHP for a night after the cruise and I can wear my costume then :-)

I am going as Dr Meredith Grey from Grey's Anatomy. One of me and DW's fav shows! I know I don't look like her lol.. But I ordered scrubs the same colour as she wears on the show ( last season ) ...

38c5fa7c9c1a16e3435d80e98c39ac1a_zpsff74ffc2.jpg

Sorry for bad photo not easy to take one of yourself when you are disabled and can't stand for very long!

I made an ID badge from one of Jo's old work ID badges and have a halloween themed surgical hat ( ebay ) , a toy stethoscope ( ebay ) and a surgical mask ( ebay again! )

23c0b4ad85943048c85b045692778281_zps7c6cd6bf.jpg

My story is I am Dr Grey in a research study to cure myself of my autoimmune disease lol.

Jo is going as Dr Callie Torres. Same type of outfit but different id badge obviously!

Your trip sounds wonderful! The sunset safari @ ALV is incredible, though at an additional cost.

As a fellow crohnie, I'd been wondering about the GAC and if it'd be helpful or worth getting. Any advice/experience?

Your trip sounds wonderful! The sunset safari @ ALV is incredible, though at an additional cost.

As a fellow crohnie, I'd been wondering about the GAC and if it'd be helpful or worth getting. Any advice/experience?

Oh sorry re being a crohnie too! But welcome thanks for stopping by! I do use a GAC mainly for my arthritis because my mobility is very limited but I find it invaluable for crohns issue too ( I don't have to spell it out lol ) I could not honestly do WDW without it. No way can I wait in regular line. You must get one it will change your experience!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter