Land, Sea and Safari September/October 2013

That slushie sounds like sugar overload! I'll have to check it out. Cute pictures with the characters :) I'm noticing a shirt change, did you go shopping? Pecos Bills is so tarty, love the sautéed mushrooms and nacho cheese for my taco salad.
omg that slushy thing is just the best! Just the slushy is nice though they do that all the time without the ice cream. It's called liberty liberty swirl slush. Yes re my shirt lol. I wanted the polo for the Mickey shot but it's quite a warm polo shirt so I bought a thiner tee with!

Thanks for stopping by!

Don't worry the shirt is back tomorrow for Jasmine & Cinderella and BOG lunch! I got it on the cruise and loved it! So determined to wear it to the photos I washed it that night lol. Good old DVC laundry! What's with your top loaders! We have front loaders.

I must try one of those ice cream slushies! I haven't been to that shop in ages.

Top loaders are older, we have front loaders too but I'm sure they won't update the villas if not necessary.

You got a lot of characters in this trip :)

I must try one of those ice cream slushies! I haven't been to that shop in ages. Top loaders are older, we have front loaders too but I'm sure they won't update the villas if not necessary. You got a lot of characters in this trip :)
yes you will hopefully love the slushy! I got use to the top loader much quicker than ours! Our wash takes about 90 mins in a front loader. Yours takes 20!

So the day after my birthday! We went back to MK because we had a FP+ for BOG lunch. We were interested to see how this worked out because on the website you had to preselect your food. I wanted to adapt mine for my diet requirement but it would not allow. So we ordered the nearest item and planned to arrive ahead of time and speak to a CM.

Jo ordered the croque monsieur and I ordered the turkey sandwich.

So our first FP+ was a meet with Ariel and when we arrived we swiped our Magicbands and we saw green! We went straight in and there was a red headed mermaid sat in a cute clam shell smiling at us. She invited us to sit down and we had a photo taken.

Sorry there is no picture of this...

Then we went on the little mermaid ride. We liked this ride. I love The little mermaid movie it's one of my fav movies. I think I know every word if the songs! You ride a cute little clam won't spoil it but it's nice. Great for disabilities too.

Then we looked around Fantasyland again. I just love the improvements here! The minetrain is coming along! They have these great peep holes in the boards you can look through to see progress. We could see track going down! It's due to open early 2014 and be a mild ride like Great thunder. Hope it's open for May 2014 when we go!

Next meet and greet with Cinderella and visiting princess. Guess what Snow White again lol!

Here is the pic with her..

8ea1f9653962a08afe0635cb999eb120_zps74f1350e.jpg

I won't post another one with Snow White! People will talk...lol

Onto BOG lunch next....

You're too funny! Im glad you were able to get a BOG lunch. I hope that you were able to customize your lunch for your diet.

You're too funny! Im glad you were able to get a BOG lunch. I hope that you were able to customize your lunch for your diet.
yes we did it wasn't easy though. We had a server at the cash register that seemed to be some kind of droid stuck on a script. Will post later! It was worth it in the end :-) hope you are both better now!

Oh no, that's too funny about Snow White.

I'm really looking forward to the Dwarves ride, sounds like a lot of fun.

So with the FP+ and characters, is there a separate line to check in or do you wait with the rest of the people?

Oh no, that's too funny about Snow White. I'm really looking forward to the Dwarves ride, sounds like a lot of fun. So with the FP+ and characters, is there a separate line to check in or do you wait with the rest of the people?

There was a separate line which was cool. It's not that obvious when you arrive but the CM directs you. There was a long line but we went straight in. Our experience was the website app of FP+ could do with some improvement but how it works in the parks we scored highly! Booking them is ok it's getting your reservations, friends linked etc omg. Ages a person lol...

We moved onto BOG lunch. We went to speak to a CM and sign in at the booth they have just left of the line. They had our Fastpass+ reservation so all was well. We were asked to move inside the castle. My heart was thumping with excitement!

I noticed they had umbrella's for people waiting in line just outside the castle and drinks if water. Jo said they should have built shade here I agreed the poor souls were frying in the mid day sun. I felt for those people they had a long wait ahead and it was a very hot day. The castle was nice and cool inside! It was dark but we soon adjusted to the light. One of those oh my I forgot to remove my shades! Lol. How often was I doing that on rides!

We were told to request my diet requirement with the server where you pay. So we moved ahead to this position. All running smoothly at this stage. The castle is really beautiful I love the detail and how each room has a unique ambience as you move through. Sadly it was too dark for photo's to come out :-(

Now reaching the CM to pay is where our adventure begins...these two innocent guests smile at the CM and announce there is a change to one of the orders due to diet.

Act i - Russian Roulette

The CM ( Russian ) switched quickly to some kind of C3PO mode. Basically we wanted my sandwich without sauce and with a side that came with a different entree.

CM - No! this dish comes as the menu states maam. No amendments.

Us - But we want it without sauce ( without your sauce matey ) and with a different side order. ...

CM - We don't have that side order...so you can't have it...

Us- Oh yes you do....it's with another dish..look there ( innocent guests show the item on the menu )

CM - Ah but that's with that entree not wiv this von...( Russian accent ) you hav to have this von...

US - i can't eat the side that comes with mine but I can eat the side that comes with that. So can I just swap them?

CM - No! It is what the menu states.

Jo - I want to speak to a manager... ...how inflexible..

Act ii - The Manager

Enter a french Manager with a chef's hat on akin to a character in Ratatouille. I am now out of this act as I got very upset.

Jo - I would please like this sandwich without sauce and without the side it comes with but with that side instead please. I will pay extra I don't care ....she's upset. It's BOG! We are the guests! We haven't had issue anywhere else!

Manager - Sure no problem. I am very sorry there is no issue with this. ( glare at Russian CM as if to say I will deal with you later... )

We pay ( no extra ) and receive a cute little rose. We go and sit in the dining room where we can see the snow outside falling. I am still upset but Jo soon cheers me up with Russian jokes plus the enchanted castle is amazing! Soon a little trolley comes zooming over and found our rose! It is RFID so you can sit where you like and they find you! Our food arrived and I got the turkey sandwich and a salad side he he. Jo got croque monsieur. The food was excellent. My turkey was succulent and just melted in the mouth. Jo said hers was fabulous so the experience ended well!

We would dine there again. But we would avoid all CM from the KGB lol....

End of scene i

Too funny the way you describe it in retrospect. I hate it when CMs feel the need to demonstrate their power over guests. Glad that the manager did right for you.

Too funny the way you describe it in retrospect. I hate it when CMs feel the need to demonstrate their power over guests. Glad that the manager did right for you.
thank you! Yes second CM was great. Made it all right. I felt like saying 'cut the attitude it's not like you scored being a guide on the safaris in AK or driving the cute boat at WL...'

That's too funny! I'm reading this at work and bringing attention to myself. Shame on that CM! I'm glad the second one made it right and that the food was delicious! I hope he was given a talking to.

That's too funny! I'm reading this at work and bringing attention to myself. Shame on that CM! I'm glad the second one made it right and that the food was delicious! I hope he was given a talking to.
from the look of Monsieur Master Chef's face I would say KGB CM became the 1000 ghost at the HM... As we speak he is refusing an entree side of mac n cheese to hatbox ghost. Not a wise move to a guy that has already lost his head...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter